• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3270709#62

So ^this^ had a very strong reason against MFTL+ Base Mario Characters. Here's what the original OP said.

"Eoi. Well, there's a thing that has bothered me for some time in Mario's profiles, and you, as you work actively on the Marioverse, may be able to respond.

It's easy to see that the cast of Super Mario Galaxy is cosmic level. However, by looking at the profiles of the series in general, you can see that practically all the characters are scaled to the feats of Super Mario Galaxy. Even Toad is at MFTL+ speed.

During the entire game, both Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Mario was accompanied by Young Master Luma. And we not only know that the Lumas are extremely powerful (many Lumas can cross astronomical distances in seconds, and there are several during the game that can transform into galaxies), as we know that the Young Master Luma is treated as a special Luma by all the sources that talk about it.

The main question is: How far can we say that this powescaling is valid? Whereas Mario had clearly received an upgrade from Luma at the beginning of the game, what basis do we have to make a powerscaling with the entire Marioverse based on Super Mario Galaxy?"

I literaly explaneid that in the message wall, both of those feats

At best Mario would be MFTL while boosted by Young Master Luma, at best

I was only saying Mario's reaction speeds should scale. I agree that his combat speed doesn't reach those speeds, in which case his combat, travel, and reactionary speeds should be separated.

For those too lazy to read the past thread, here are the reasonings that were brought up:

To save your special one, you need the power to travel through space. Luma can give you this power. I will entrust you with his care.
~ Rosalina​
https://youtu.be/tSEHCmSsEpo?t=508
The same about Bowser with the Power Stars:

Those who took your special one picked up the Power Stars and discovered the power to cross the universe.
~ Rosalina​
https://youtu.be/tSEHCmSsEpo?t=941
8-185b49a97a
This cute little star gifts Mario with some amazing skills, such as the ability to survive in the deep space and unleash a special spin that helps him break free of gravity and damages [...]
~ Prima Guide​
After all, if all that ground speed in Super Mario Galaxy are essentially the feats of crossing space, the game stated that it was Young Master Luma who gave Mario the power to cross the universe and SMG is the only game where the cast is MFTL+, what basis do we have to state that all the cast i all games i the series is MFTL+? Just put the points together. Remember that the same thing about "power to cross the universe" was said about Bowser with the Power Stars, and in Bowser's case he wasn't talking about Launch Stars.

I wasn't commenting on any arguments I was just suggesting it would be a good idea to bring knowledgeable members about Mario in here for input.

I feel like at best Mario would only be MFTL if he is boosted by that Luma, not normally, though the MFTL feats are kinda wonky

Weren't the paintings already like that? Don't remember it ever being shown to be via bowser. Mario has so many games that 3 instances isn't really considered "consistent" anyways.

Got a clip on the Yoshi's island one, or a boss name

Using party games as canon is sorta dubious. Tbf we do it in other cases as well even though I have my misgivings about that too, so I guess that's more a question of the standard.

Also I would like to note that even if we take SM64 and SM64 DS, the common theme is that there's a boost by the power stars here. Same thing in Galaxy. As such, that doesn't help much against my thought that Mario with power stars should be a different key and not the regular assumption. It already is like that, but what tier 4 feats exist without power stars in play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back