• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

25 things I dislike about VS debating (and VSB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2.Mogami no longer being in the Top 5 strongest non smurf thread due to light novel and ultra chinamen.
3.When a game character with massive versatility and no real in character behaviour fights someone who resist 95% of their hax, but people debate as if the game character would open and then follow up with best choices possible instantly (even without info analysis or precog).
4.The rivalry between Boros and Tatsumaki in the OPM fandom (at least now Garou is far above these losers).
5.Chainsawman being ignored as a verse here.
6.Absurdly long scaling chains for a character who's already like 1.4x away from the next tier.
7.When matches have like 5 people arguing for a character simultaneously against one dude having to respond against walls upon walls of spam.
8.Regular users with no calc experience FRAing calc discussion threads. (I stay away from them for a good reason, me no smart).
9.When people make multiple CRTs to drastically change already accepted things due to some weird new translation or semantic interpretation of a simple phrase in japanese.
10.When 90% of the argument in a thread is "but he dodges"
11.People who are biased to a certain character to the point they will always begin arguing said character wins, and when they don't it's suddenly a stomp.
12.Farming wins for characters by putting them against characters who they very obviously beat.
13.Farming loses for characters by putting them against characters who they very obviously lose to.
14.Debates between unskilled brick characters wich culminates in who has the higher AP.
15.skill debates when both characters have extremely supernatural and unquantifiable feats.
16.When you write up a long text and the wiki just excludes it.
3. Even better when you show them cutscenes if their character fighting and all they’ve ever done is just swing around their big ass sword. But in this specific match he’s likely to open up with conceptual time stop 😭

@RatherClueless theres a handful of things I agree with in your post and a handful of things I vehemently disagree with, but there’s on in particular I wanted to point out that I agree with.

People caring too much about high tiers.
Another thing where I’m not immune, as I’ve spent a lot of time trying to upgrade my favorites because I wanted them to be “strong”. But who actually cares? A character isn’t weak because they’d lose to Goku. It realistically doesn’t matter. Your favorites don’t suddenly lose value if they’re universal or city or even wall. Though legitimate downplay can unironically get annoying. If someone says, idk, Kirby is only city level after the shit he’s done then I’d definitely get annoyed. But if someone said the same for Link by all means I shouldn’t care.

I believe people caring how strong a fictional character is comes from Dragon Ball associations, they partialy think that DB's populatiry is due how powerful their characters are, so they think that, if they made that one obscure character from a obscure verse is as strong as a DB character, they will turn as popular as DB. That in partialy, the other half is just being salty.

Also, other thing that makes me angry: Large Size. Why is this power useful when what most profiles I've seen just write Large Size (Type X) and then they don't bother in stating how big the creature is? Type 0 varies from 2,72 meters to 13 meters, there's a great difference between the two, not mentioning the range difference with the othersize types. Write the dimensions of the creature or at least a comparative size (like is as tall as a two stories house).

Also, other thing that makes me angry: Large Size. Why is this power useful when what most profiles I've seen just write Large Size (Type X) and then they don't bother in stating how big the creature is? Type 0 varies from 2,72 meters to 13 meters, there's a great difference between the two, not mentioning the range difference with the othersize types. Write the dimensions of the creature or at least a comparative size (like is as tall as a two stories house).
True but sometimes it’s just self evident, when I made the Fellflower page I just put large size type 1 when enlarged because you can literally see it tower over the other characters in the cutscene in the photo the file uses. Sometimes dimensions aren’t clear but general vague comparisons are, hence not enough to give a justification which could be wrong, just the ability.

The fact that people are truly willing to dislike, and go as far as to disdain an entire series because they got upgraded higher than theirs, or some guy who represented them in a debate was obnoxious.

It’s understandable to associate a bad memories with the cause of the entire situation (x verse), it’s just a sad sight.

10. People caring more for high tiers than accuracy. Anything that gives a tier, no matter how absurd, will be used to boost the ratings. Whether there are contradictions doesn't matter. Just come up with headcanon nonsense to justify why it should totally be that way.
Yeah.

8. Me getting roped into debunking all of Adventure Time. The verse hasn't had an accepted rating in like 2 years and nobody is willing to revise it. And no, I am not revising over 40 pages of a ten season show myself.

I'm willing to revise it. And I actually am willing to put in the work to revise said ten season show. Relax.

1) All of low 1-A and above tiers(actually low 2-C starts the problem but tier 2 matches still make some sense) you can't even really do anything with them plus there is no way to prove if our logic is even correct we are guessing.

2) There's this fact staff and normal users often change from conflict to friendly in seconds but user/user and staff/staff disagreements destroy entire threads

or the fact that admins effectively have zero authority due to the existence of bureaucrats a fact people are still ignoring this is so huge ******* why

15) Inconsistencies, PIS and Outliers (besides having two different pages for nothing) are often misused. Might as well just call it "long running series are problematic".
PIS is just a reason for Inconsistencies, and Outliers just are a kind of Inconsistencies. In theory this can be used to prevent ridiculous wank or lowball.
But in practice they are just here to try to limit specific characters (Master Roshi's Moon level feat in the past) who are at a tier for a single feat in spite of countless characters being high tier for having a guy perform a single feat.
(or Superman being 4-B despite him having only one incredibly casual 4-B feat he did while holding back)
(or lower tier DC heralds being 5-A despite being able to hold their own against Superman and Wonder Woman)
(or Infinite Mass Punch being 5-A/4-B off of one specific mention of it having the power of a dwarf star, despite the countless other mentions of it, yknow, being ******* infinite)
(or Infinite Crisis-era Golden Age Superman downscaling to Post-Crisis Superman's 4-B despite the BLATANTLY OBVIOUS LOW 2-C TO 2-A FEAT THAT THEY PULLED OFF IN THEIR FIGHT LIKE WHY)

Last edited:
The fact that the more popular a verse is, the worse the profile

This is mainly because people waste so much time thinking about making upgrades or downgrades that they forget how to actually edit a profile decently. Usually people just don't care if the profile is understandable to people who have no knowledge of the verse.

Bleach, Kimetsu, DC and Black Clover are excellent examples. Like, for real
Yami's profile:
FTL+ (Faster than before. Comparable to Nozel)

Nozel's profile:
FTL+ (Intercepted Dark Elf Patry's attacks)

Patry's profile:
FTL+ (Outsped Black Asta. His Demon Light Magic is faster than his Light Magic and was too fast for Spirit Dive Elf Yuno to completely avoid)

Yuno's profile:
FTL+ with Spirit Dive (Managed to somewhat keep up with Dark Elf Patry)
It's even funny

The fact that the more popular a verse is, the worse the profile

This is mainly because people waste so much time thinking about making upgrades or downgrades that they forget how to actually edit a profile decently. Usually people just don't care if the profile is understandable to people who have no knowledge of the verse.

Bleach, Kimetsu, DC and Black Clover are excellent examples. Like, for real
Yami's profile:

Nozel's profile:

Patry's profile:

Yuno's profile:
It's even funny
there was literally no calc listed at all or scaling number for 3-B Bleach at all i hated it so much and still believe that the reason for 5-B/5-A downgrade is downright bullshit

im convinced nobody actually reads this shit at all and downwanks for the sake of it

EDIT: Yeah, i just invented the word "Downwanking" cry about it

there was literally no calc listed at all or scaling number for 3-B Bleach at all i hated it so much and still believe that the reason for 5-B/5-A downgrade is downright bullshit

im convinced nobody actually reads this shit at all and downwanks for the sake of it

EDIT: Yeah, i just invented the word "Downwanking" cry about it
Let's call it blue-balling instead

yeah i know that, but there wasnt even any number or reasoning for why it was that specific number

its the same with FF7 3-B, literally no numbers at all, like do i assume its baseline or what?

The fact sandboxes for posts here(not the main site) can't be shown for review I want to do a lot of things on this site but time and energy are resources I need help with but I can't get that help on those an several times that has made me look dumb.

Let's call it blue-balling instead
(or Superman being 4-B despite him having only one incredibly casual 4-B feat he did while holding back)
(or lower tier DC heralds being 5-A despite being able to hold their own against Superman and Wonder Woman)
(or Infinite Mass Punch being 5-A/4-B off of one specific mention of it having the power of a dwarf star, despite the countless other mentions of it, yknow, being ******* infinite)
(or Infinite Crisis-era Golden Age Superman downscaling to Post-Crisis Superman's 4-B despite the BLATANTLY OBVIOUS LOW 2-C TO 2-A FEAT THAT THEY PULLED OFF IN THEIR FIGHT LIKE WHY)
would you call this blue-balling or downwanking

Don’t have much but I’ll list what I have in mind right now..:
  1. Rat Scaling
  2. Discussion Rules
  3. Plot Manipulation
  4. Yawn Yen Press ≥ Japanese RAWs > Fan Translation
  5. Etc.

Don’t have much but I’ll list what I have in mind right now..:
  1. Rat Scaling
  2. Discussion Rules
  3. Plot Manipulation
  4. Yawn Yen Press ≥ Japanese RAWs > Fan Translation
  5. Etc.
official localizations in general really suck so i dont know why we use them

this is exactly the reason why Mario is getting downgraded, because the Japanese raws disproved 2-B

and yet gamerturk says "nah use yen press"

also also

using tweets as evidence should really **** off

they're equivalent to offhand comments that have no bearing whatsoever to the final product, unlike actual interviews or official guidebooks/artbooks

Exhibit #1: Hideki Kamiya

Last edited:
also also

using tweets as evidence should really **** off

they're equivalent to offhand comments that have no bearing whatsoever to the final product, unlike actual interviews or official guidebooks/artbooks
idk

if someone says "Is Jimmy Neutron stronger than Nimmy Jeutron?" and the author tweets "yes, he is stronger", don't think we can cut it out cause it's a tweet

with official interviews and guidebooks, whatever the writer actually writes in them has to be reviewed by their superiors and given the okay before they can be, yknow, actually published

quality control and shit

but they can say literally whatever they want on twitter

if someone asks them "does XYZ do [insert whatever here]" they can say "XYZ has a big dick"

Oda (one piece) does this in genuine interviews
official interviews still have quality control (or some semblance of it), while twitter is a messy torrent of misinformation and chaos amplified by echo chambers

that also doesnt justify using tweets btw

Can you not?
I'm not wrong though

most of AKM's argument dispelling universal is purely based on semantics, and the semantics don't prove that world means planet either

its left completely ambiguous, and AKM just used it to say "oh they're actually talking about planets if you look at these nitpicked pieces of evidence"

Last edited:
20) Calcs somehow not falling under the inconsistency rule unless it gives you thirty more tiers. Otherwise, even if your verse is mostly wall level and treat city level stuff as nukes, you'll get everyone and their grandmother at city because a calc said so.
The same works for speed/durability/etc... with some verses being famous for the calc not fitting with the feat or coherence of the verse.
Calculations only and only should be tools which help to solidify a clear feat in a verse.
After all calculations are a fan interpretation of art rather than a verse fact. If your city nuking feat gets Country level through calcs and the guy who did it later struggles against a mountain being thrown at him; it's not the work which is at fault.
This is something I totally agree with.
Calcs should be a way to solidify a tier, I’ve had folks argue that the author is wrong with his statements cause the verse has multiple calcs placing them at such tier.
Well they lost the argument, but still the fact that you want to use fans’ head canon over author statements is appalling. And there are many cases like this.

We really should work on our calcs standards and how they should be supporting feat to what the tier they are generally treated to have in the series, and not the main thing for scaling

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back