• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dimentio's Tiering Makes No Sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently Dimentio is listed as "At least 4-A, possibly Low 2-C" for "easily killing Mario, Peach, and Bowser" and "being hinted to be the creator of the Dark Prognosticus"

First of all, Mario and Co. never died when Dimentio supposedly "killed" them. Mario and Luigi find out they're not actually dead when they talk to Queen Jaydes. This is rather explicit confirmation. Luigi also appears after his fight with Dimentio where Dimentio used his power on both of them in an apparent suicide move but this is revealed to just have been a way to plant a Floro Sprout in his subconscious.

So now that we've established no one actually died or was killed, the reasoning should be removed entirely. "At least" shouldn't be there. He should just scale from the Base cast. Why? Because Dimentio never physically overpowers any of them throughout the game. He uses his powers to send them places and control others and manipulates people to fight for him because he admittedly couldn't do it himself. And the one move he does use that supposedly "kills"? You can tank it in-game

So Dimentio mainly uses hax and cheap tactics. He catches people off-guard, mind controls them, and manipulates. None of these are good examples for scaling. The only physical fights we see him in are ones where the heroes can definitely harm him, and while perhaps he was testing them at first, by the end of the game they clearly grew stronger as Mimi and O'Chunks had. Dimentio even acknowledges Luigi's strength after previously before the fight saying he looked like a pushover and stating he'd end their games due to refusing him and wasting his time. He was serious here. And later on after acknowledging Luigi's power he specifically uses Luigi for his power to add to the Chaos Heart as well as his own, again acknowledging Luigi's strength as formidable and worth utilizing. I doubt we're gonna argue Luigi is far above the other Heroes in terms of power.

So based on physicals he's not far above the cast at all and his tactics throughout the game imply he wasn't far above them either. He mostly used hax and it wasn't even lethal for any of the characters. His justification should be removed entirely and he should just scale to base cast.

Also, because of this, the "possibly Low 2-C" should be removed as base cast notably aren't even close to Tier 2. It's also just a headcanon. But even if it's true there's clearly an issue with a Low 2-C character getting their ass handed to them by a character 2 tiers below them and never actually being able to kill them even while serious and wanting to end their game due to wasting his time.

The current ratings seem to take things out of context to support it's justifications and so we definitely have to fix that.

Bleck should also be downgraded to just scaling above the cast at 4-A, as his feat is different in the Japanese version, referring to only the country.

Agree: 11 (@Eficiente @RethPo @Maverick_Zero_X @DannyF97 @Apex_PredatorX @Idk556570 @XXKINGXX69 @Seol404 @The_Almighty_Wholesome @Mephistus @ZespeonGalaxy )

Disagree: 1 ( @y3p_owo )

Last edited:
Should also add his quote upon being defeated and before going all kamekaze

How could I lose with the power of Luigi and the Chaos Heart?

More proof Dimentio considered one of the Heroes (by extension all of them) very powerful, enough to express disbelief that he was defeated with their added power.

Dimentios scalings weird anyway... he created the thing that gave count bleck his power in some way. Yet said power puts bleck above dimentio...

Neutral on downgrading bleck but im not sure why the feats low 2-C and not 3-A.

It's Low 2-C iirc because the World Outer Space was said to be infinite or have an infinite space and the other dimensions have no reason to be smaller or something.

I agree with this but
It's Low 2-C iirc because the World Outer Space was said to be infinite or have an infinite space and the other dimensions have no reason to be smaller or something.
That would be High 3-A if it isn't a hyperbole. And that wouldn't be enough of a reason for other dimensions to be of = size.

I don't remember the full argument admittedly. I think it was scaling because Blumiere used the Dark Prognosticus and became Bleck and we simply infer that he used a smaller Void to destroy his dimension given it was done via the same magic source.

But I don't really care that much. Either way it's a feat the main cast would scale to but we can't have that so the ratings make no sense.

I'm mixed on this
Count Bleck and Mario and co are not on the same level in power as when Mario attacked Bleck he wasn't even harmed and Bleck knocked out Mario for a unknown amount of time with one attack. (Bleck didn't even have the chaos heart yet as he needed bowser and peach to get it) The fight at the end of spm count bleck was using the chaos heart as 2-B durability item (as shown when he loses he has to be killed to stop the void just like how it was with dimentio who is for sure amped by it when he was fighting mario and co) and Mario was using the pure hearts which is also 2-B. so what im basically saying is that Mario and co<Bleck also i don't think we should just disregard Dimentio and Bleck's Low 2-C feat just cause Mario and co can fight them as you could say Mario and co harming them is an outlier or you could say Mario is Low 2-C but im not getting into that as that would kind of derail. On the other hand I do think its weird how Dimentio can't beat Bleck even though he made Bleck's power source.

I'm mixed on this
Count Bleck and Mario and co are not on the same level in power as when Mario attacked Bleck he wasn't even harmed and Bleck knocked out Mario for a unknown amount of time with one attack. (Bleck didn't even have the chaos heart yet as he needed bowser and peach to get it) The fight at the end of spm count bleck was using the chaos heart as 2-B durability item (as shown when he loses he has to be killed to stop the void just like how it was with dimentio who is for sure amped by it when he was fighting mario and co) and Mario was using the pure hearts which is also 2-B. so what im basically saying is that Mario and co<Bleck also i don't think we should just disregard Dimentio and Bleck's Low 2-C feat just cause Mario and co can fight them as you could say Mario and co harming them is an outlier or you could say Mario is Low 2-C but im not getting into that as that would kind of derail. On the other hand I do think its weird how Dimentio can't beat Bleck even though he made Bleck's power source.
Hm, maybe Bleck is true. He was Uni with the magic of the Dark Prognosticus therefore Mario couldn't harm him and got defeated and once acquiring the Chaos Heart he grew to 2-B and the Heroes were as well at that time.

Okay. So Bleck shouldn't get downgraded as he has excuses like having the magic of the Dark Prognosticus which would be a book that has Uni spells in it and then also acquiring the Chaos Heart.

But what's Dimentio's excuse?

Him knocking the heroes out is via trapping them in a small confinement and letting out multiple explosions. If it was just once explosion then he'd definitely scale above them but as it stands he needs multiple and to spam just to even knock them unconscious.

I also wanna note that during his first fight he expresses disbelief that he lost in his own dimension and when told that it also makes others stronger he laughed awkwardly and tried to play it off. Dimentio just seems off in general. But I think giving him a definitive rating noting he's superior is a bit much, and at best we can give him a "likely higher" with the note that he created the book and is implied to toy with people and rarely serious as there's too many unknowns.

Dimentio's having Possibly Low 2-C is because he's presumed to be the one who made the Dark Prognosticus, not because of him beating Mario and co, so idk why we're yeeting it Low 2-C off of his page.

No. From what I've been told it's because of scaling to tanking the nuking of Bleck's homeworld and being hinted to be part of a race of beings who could create entire worlds.

But the thing is that he has showings far weaker than that. To give him an absurdly high rating based on a headcanon and scaling to Bleck when canonically Dimentio needed the Heroes to defeat Bleck as he couldn't do it on his own and constantly loses battles and has others fight for him seems strange to me. Bleck didn't even have the Chaos Heart for a while until the wedding. Dimentio had every opportunity to defeat him if he had this power he apparently has, but no, he admitted he couldn't. The only arguments are "Dimentio holds back" and "well he tanked his own attack that knocks the cast out" except this is also interpretation. We don't know what the hell happened after the screen switches to Mario from Luigi and Dimentio. Luigi was unconscious but who's to say Dimentio also didn't get knocked out? He was just quicker to get up. Or that maybe it was all an illusion an he actually didn't perform a suicidal move, which is actually how the game seems to treat it. We also know that attack BFRs people too. He could've purposely sent Luigi somewhere else. And the fact is that he still lost to Luigi and acknowledged his power.

Also, let's not forget nearly every long fall a character experiences knocks them out. Tippi transporting them from space "knocks them out". And yes, even the Incomplete Void knocks them out. Dimentio clearly expresses harm in canon cutscenes as well. Dimentio also agrees with Tippi when she says their fight will always end the same, with Dimentio noting, "Same fight, same outcome. That is... precisely... why..." to which he then summons a powered-up O'Chunks made from the Floro Sprout that he could give orders to.

I can see why some could interpret Dimentio as superior but I just cannot see it that way.

Dimentio's having Possibly Low 2-C is because he's presumed to be the one who made the Dark Prognosticus, not because of him beating Mario and co, so idk why we're yeeting it Low 2-C off of his page.
It’s headcanon.

I also have a ton of Japanese SCs which I will compile into an imgur link for a later thread. It may be controversial though.

But uncountably above baseline 2-B might not stay after seeing what's consistent in the Japanese version.

I never really got the whole "Dimentio survived Count Bleck destroying a universe" like it is never been shown, said, implied that he was in the universe when Count Bleck destroyed it so that part can 100% go
No. From what I've been told it's because of scaling to tanking the nuking of Bleck's homeworld

That's not a good reason. Luigi also gets up as Mr. L from being defeated and hops away. A lot of characters seems to just shrug off defeats like nothing after the fact. The only one who remained really tattered up was Bleck.

It’s headcanon.
Not really? There's an NPC called Carson that gives info about characters, areas, events, and Tribe of Darkness. In the one about Dimentio, it's said that Dimentio went to Bleck himself and only became his minion because Dark Prognosticus mentions someone that fitted the bill of Dimentio.

Anyways, yeah I still think Dimentio should keep his Possibly Low 2-C rating so you can add me to Disagree if you want.

Not really? There's an NPC called Carson that gives info about characters, areas, events, and Tribe of Darkness. In the one about Dimentio, it's said that Dimentio went to Bleck himself and only became his minion because Dark Prognosticus mentions someone that fitted the bill of Dimentio.

Anyways, yeah I still think Dimentio should keep his Possibly Low 2-C rating so you can add me to Disagree if you want.
That doesn’t confirm he created it.

Never said that it was 100% confirmed that he made it. All I said that it was presumed that he made it.

Iirc the actual evidence was that someone's son remained alive who could manipulate dimensions. That's the theory for Dimentio being a descendant of that Tribe.

That piece of evidence with the book could just be Dimentio being fated to have a role in the prophecy.

Then how would Dimentio know about his role in the prophecy? As that was the reason why he went to Bleck in the first place.

Then how would Dimentio know about his role in the prophecy? As that was the reason why he went to Bleck in the first place.
It’s unknown. You could assume that he just read the book and it’d be an equally valid assumption.

I don’t think we should give a character an incredibly high rating based on pure guesswork.

There's also nothing saying Dimentio KNEW about his role in the book. All it says is Dimentio approached Bleck and willingly offered his services. After reading the book, Bleck realized someone like Dimentio was mentioned.

None of this says nor implies Dimentio created the book or wrote it.

Hell, if we ascribe to the theory he's the magician's son, said magician already had access to the Dark Prognosticus within that story and was tasked with hiding it away or something. Therefore it wouldn't make sense then that Dimentio wrote it either.

There's also nothing saying Dimentio KNEW about his role in the book. All it says is Dimentio approached Bleck and willingly offered his services. After reading the book, Bleck realized someone like Dimentio was mentioned.

None of this says nor implies Dimentio created the book or wrote it.

Hell, if we ascribe to the theory he's the magician's son, said magician already had access to the Dark Prognosticus within that story and was tasked with hiding it away or something. Therefore it wouldn't make sense then that Dimentio wrote it either.
Except why would he come to Bleck willingly? I'm sorry but from what's been seen of Dimentio, he doesn't come off as/act like some hitman. He's a manipulator and strategist, so him coming up to some random stranger and say "Hey, you want a minion?" just doesn't make sense. Hell, Carson even says it sounds fishy that Dark Prognosticus mentioned Dimentio, meaning that Dimentio likely had to have SOMETHING to do with it.

Also, it never said that the magician's son had the book and was tasked to hide it, it was his apprentice that did that, who was never stated to be his son.

Either way it still shows his son didn't write it. The Ancients were aware of this before Dimentio was likely even born. I find it hard to believe Dimentio wrote it. He could've read it before Bleck acquired it and that's how he knows as well.

It sounding fishy isn't strong evidence at all that Dimentio had anything to do with this book. You only have a theory that isn't strongly supported at all. We should not use such weak evidence to support a tier way above what is shown to us

I just realized something.

Not once was it said or implied that the magician who made the Pixls, which is who people theorize who Dimentio's dad was, was the one who written the book or had it at the time, so that can't really be used as a negative for the debate. And before you say "Then the same can be said about Dimentio", Dimentio at least as something to imply that he had something to do with the the Dark Prognosticus compared to the magician.

Anyways, to the other comment:

Either way it still shows his son didn't write it. The Ancients were aware of this before Dimentio was likely even born. I find it hard to believe Dimentio wrote it. He could've read it before Bleck acquired it and that's how he knows as well.
Dimentio reading it before Bleck did is actual headcannon. Also, if we're using the Dimentio is the magician's son theory (which I never used during this debate btw), it doesn't disprove anything as the magician was around back then as he was the one who made the Pixls.

It sounding fishy isn't strong evidence at all that Dimentio had anything to do with this book.
Yes, it being fishy isn't strong evidence by itself. But it's not by itself as he considers it fishy because A. It heavily describes Dimentio in the book. And B. Dimentio came to Bleck as if he already knew about this.

I can't do much here. But i say Dimentio had read the book because he declares man in green to be the perfect host. So he somehow have it sometime.

If he knows it then he probably is the one who wrote the book.

Last edited:
That's not a logical conclusion at all.

NOTHING said here implies he wrote the book at all. Literally none of it. It's people thinking that based on shoddy evidence and vague lore. If he knows about the book and what it says he read it before. Hell, if HE wrote the damn book he could've just said "I chose Luigi to be the ideal host" or "I saw him as the ideal host" but he credits the book itself.

Him being the author still makes no sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back