• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

25 things I dislike about VS debating (and VSB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are supposed to be able to calculate/determine it int heory. Ofc doing calcs is another thing. But 4D (spatial) world is supposed to still have meters, km, etc...
Sure the metrics are still there, but we still need to account for that extra dimensions.
but well when I’m like 60 and science finds out what the addition dimension 4D has to 3D then we can change the speed system

Thinking on doing the tier 2 thread anyway, even though it may go no where

****. I want to make a profile for my favorite **** character.

What's the problem with making a profile for a dude who could destroy universes with his mere dick slap?
unironically this, there are so many insane **** verses some of which that have 2-A characters with a ton of hax.

Things I hate about VSBW... A lot, but nothing more than the new format. Every time I see it, I want to gauge out me eyes

12) Tiers between 10-B and 3-A have very vague description with no comparison given.
For example: Planet level - "Characters who can create/destroy a planet." Sure, but there's a lot of planets, and we're told that there are "small" and "large" planets.
So what's the baseline for a "planet"? Earth? Why not just write "characters who can create/destroy a planet at least comparable in mass to the Earth"?
Same for town, city, etc...

it has them at the bottom

2) Grant powers based in what the character actually does, not hownits universal common powernis suppossed to work; don't want to see a character having Law Manip, Subjective Reality and Dream Manip based in "the magic is the power that allows people to bend the rules of the world, shape the dreams and makes them reality", when the inly thing the character (or one of the characters) does is creating a fireball or freezing the ground.
The really bad part is that you have to list them or people won't believe you that the ability works that way. Like I had to list Subjective Reality, Quantum Manipulation, Probability Manipulation and Law Manipulation on every Esper profile in ToAru 'cause listing my explanation page alone wasn't admissible.

Also have it way too frequently that I wrote an explanation of what an ability can do in the A/T section and people were like 'nah, you can't say they can do that. If they could they would have ability xy in the P&A section'.

10) DontTalkDT's profile picture
anime-sad.gif

And here I thought it is better than my last one.
LaqItiq.png

(If you look closely you see a DT in the darkness)

****. I want to make a profile for my favorite **** character.

What's the problem with making a profile for a dude who could destroy universes with his mere dick slap?
lol
But in all semi-seriousness I don't get this planet it's not that I like this planet or anything even close let's get that out of the way first but like more than half of the fictional characters who people consider their Waifu are underage...
I don't get what the standard of profile pics are either like can you take pic of a **** anime/comic/tvshow then Photoshop the face out & replace it with something else to make it somewhat SFW and then use it now all the sudden that would be alright ?
I donno this world is too complex for my already complex mind,
By the way what are the official Profile Picture standards here ? Does that article has it's own wiki page ?

1. Plot Manipulation is cringe
2. Plot Manipulation is cringe
3. Plot Manipulation is cringe
4. Plot Manipulation is cringe
5. Plot Manipulation is cringe
6. Plot Manipulation is cringe
7. Plot Manipulation is cringe
8. Plot Manipulation is cringe
9. Plot Manipulation is cringe
10. Plot Manipulation is cringe
11. Plot Manipulation is cringe
12. Plot Manipulation is cringe
13. Plot Manipulation is cringe
14. Plot Manipulation is cringe
15. I hate how abilities are formatted on profiles, it's so hard to find abilities sometimes.
16. Plot Manipulation is cringe
17. Plot Manipulation is cringe
18. Plot Manipulation is cringe
19. Plot Manipulation is cringe
20. Plot Manipulation is cringe
21. Plot Manipulation is cringe
22. Plot Manipulation is cringe
23. Plot Manipulation is cringe
24. Plot Manipulation is cringe
25. Plot Manipulation is cringe

For 21, it is vs debating.
For 24, idioms and function words in foreign language would like to like your comment.

I'd like to add something regarding this. In a certain non-English vs debating community, they tend to downplay characters they don't like because of IRL controversy.

And here I thought it is better than my last one.
it is mostly a joke, it's just that the pfp is kinda like your face in vsbattles, and every time i see you talking it feels like you're looking down on everyone, when in reality you're just talking normally. picture is good, picture as pfp is bad

it's just that the pfp is kinda like your face in vsbattles, and every time i see you talking it feels like you're looking down on everyone, when in reality you're just talking normally.
I know how that feels
I do like how some of us thinks that our profile pic is like a face in Versus battles that is kinda true but it's also so crazy that we all are individuals behind a screen talking online while we all have separate lives and into all kinds of things on the interwebs yet it's just a profile pic that resembles ourselves in the actual website it's kinda psychedelically beautiful in a way and get's me thinking what if I were to one day meet all the people who are my "supposed friends" online ☺️ don't know how good that would turn out to be.

it is mostly a joke, it's just that the pfp is kinda like your face in vsbattles, and every time i see you talking it feels like you're looking down on everyone, when in reality you're just talking normally. picture is good, picture as pfp is bad
Lmao i seen "worse" pfp than what DontTalk have

I know how that feels
I do like how some of us thinks that our profile pic is like a face in Versus battles that is kinda true but it's also so crazy that we all are individuals behind a screen talking online while we all have separate lives and into all kinds of things on the interwebs yet it's just a profile pic that resembles ourselves in the actual website it's kinda psychedelically beautiful in a way and get's me thinking what if I were to one day meet all the people who are my "supposed friends" online ☺️ don't know how good that would turn out to be.
I made that come true once... I was in my human form and needed to be a leader? If I remember correctly 🙈

You are a very interesting, entertaining and charismatic individual.
Charisma is compelling attractiveness or charm that can inspire devotion in others. Scholars in sociology, political science, psychology, and management reserve the term for a type of leadership seen
devotion
  1. love, loyalty, or enthusiasm for a person or activity.
Maybe? 🙈
monkey-lick.gif

I know how that feels
real faces of the staff who reveiw tier 1 crts
bo5ujmj0oxv31.jpg

1. People saying a character uses their only way to win instantly and IC when they have literally used it only a few times and never as a first move
2. Verses with insanely large amounts of supporters and almost no people who go against them getting away with stuff that other verses cannot
3. Obscure verses that get away with stuff that other verses cannot because only a few people have even heard about them
4. Mods basically being unquestioned.
5. People being immune to hax weaker then them or nulling all hax weaker then them.
There are a lot more

Speed tags would make not having 3/4ths of matches be "Speed Equalized" easier.

I am aware of how difficult and hair-pullingly tedious a task that would be for staff to fully implement, but upon considering the fact that I am not staff, and said task would not be my problem, that is a sacrifice I am willing to make.

Furthermore, the Speed Tiers for FTL and faster should be renamed to the cooler more scientific name "Superluminal", with higher degrees being called "Superluminal+", "Hyperluminal", "Hyperluminal+", "Massively Hyperluminal", and "Massively Hyperluminal+", which would encompass a larger range of speeds than the current speed levels.

Yes, completely revamping a third of the levels of the 2nd most essential stat, on a wiki with over nearly over nearly over nearly 30,000 pages, and for only a minor aesthetic improvement, may seem like a waste of time, but I'd argue it is not. In this essay I will-

1. People saying a character uses their only way to win instantly and IC when they have literally used it only a few times and never as a first move
2. Verses with insanely large amounts of supporters and almost no people who go against them getting away with stuff that other verses cannot
It's that verse right 🗿

Wait, seriously? We had Monster Girl Quest here not long ago.
He's not providing you context, Bob posted that without any context given in a Sonic Discussion thread where the contents of the comic included pedophilia, scat, and rape. It's a notable shock comic that you'd presumably know of the contents before posting hence why posting it at all was considered vile.

they're all done but im revising pokemon and i have to manually change their tiers.

Also there's a funk ton of profiles that look like this: '''High''' {{7-A}} so i've to remake that as well whenever i find it
so ****** tiering format to begin with, got it

The unequal requirements for tier 1. You can get it by having a space encompassing a tier 2 one, infinite diff with a tier 2 one, being said to transcend tier 2 structure's space and time or seeing tier 2 one as fiction (illusion, dream, piece of written fiction, game).
All of these clearly aren't equal to one another, but that's just ignored to give you the tier. Basically a lack of consistency.
Reality fiction difference and uncountable infinity are apparently equal, actually the same thing goes for any dimensional space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back