• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

25 things I dislike about VS debating (and VSB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reality fiction difference and uncountable infinity are apparently equal, actually the same thing goes for any dimensional space
which tbh is bullsh- cause now we've some dude that dreams well at low 1-C while the guy who destroyed a multiverse that is described as extradimensional and superior to space, time and can cause time travel and is technically a place in between the universes that can connect any point in time at 2-C

He's not providing you context, Bob posted that without any context given in a Sonic Discussion thread where the contents of the comic included pedophilia, scat, and rape. It's a notable shock comic that you'd presumably know of the contents before posting hence why posting it at all was considered vile.
its funny because he said he got the image from know your meme, and had no idea about the context of the image. When the knowyourmeme page literally says its a pedophilia **** comic in the first sentence. Still though presuming he was genuine when he stated he had no idea, it truly isn't anywhere near as bad as some of the profile pictures people use.

which tbh is bullsh- cause now we've some dude that dreams well at low 1-C while the guy who destroyed a multiverse that is described as extradimensional and superior to space, time and can cause time travel and is technically a place in between the universes that can connect any point in time at 2-C
I doubt you can explain why it's bullshit, based on what you said I don't see any actual problem with those ratings at all? Like, being superior to space and time is nowhere close to the gap of R-F difference

its funny because he said he got the image from know your meme, and had no idea about the context of the image. When the knowyourmeme page literally says its a pedophilia **** comic in the first sentence. Still though presuming he was genuine when he stated he had no idea, it truly isn't anywhere near as bad as some of the profile pictures people use.
except for the fact that you can enter google images, click on an image, see from which site it is and not know what the image is

it is mostly a joke, it's just that the pfp is kinda like your face in vsbattles, and every time i see you talking it feels like you're looking down on everyone, when in reality you're just talking normally. picture is good, picture as pfp is bad
Meanwhile mine's a clown

but to be fair, real world-dream world or reality-fiction, etc......need to have good context and evidence for transcendence, not just slap a: that is dream world, this is real world so real world is automatically higher dimensional, same with reality and fiction

I doubt you can explain why it's bullshit, based on what you said I don't see any actual problem with those ratings at all? Like, being superior to space and time is nowhere close to the gap of R-F difference
i see it as just a level of plot manipulation+creation with no infinite difference between the dreamer/creator without further context.

except for the fact that you can enter google images, click on an image, see from which site it is and not know what the image is
Which is exactly why i posited the notion that he still genuinely may have not known. Do i need to literally spell out everything, i thought that was self evident? And not to mention the dude posted the full pic that included a baby in diapers playing in a sandbox that had to be deleted before then reposting it cutting off the baby part. You have to be an extremely oblivious person to not know the subtext of that image. The only reason the image is remotely popular is because of its lore lol

Some times I think this rules was sorely made for mainstream anime series; users made such an effort to avoid giving SoL to Naruto, but they have no issue in granting FTL to some random canadian character for dodging a beam pressumed to be real life... Once.
It’s almost as if our site was inspired by a place called Anime Characters Fight.

R>F isn't quite really the same thing as uncountable infinite difference, we just assume they are, cus otherwise it's either untierable or 1-A/0.

Anyway, might as well jump in the train:

1. Discord scaling.
2. Tiktok scalers.
3. People assuming that resisting RW allows you to resist every possible Plot Manip ever.
4. Some person gatekeeping comic threads with arguments from incredulity.
5. People claiming "X character has Y ability/resistance layered in billions!" without giving proof or just "It was already accepted, so I'm not giving any proof nor explanations."
6. People who claim that the tiering system being based on math alone is terrible. And by consequence, people who downplay verses based on those.
7. References being obligatory 🐰
8. Immeasurable speed standards.
9. The bias against some LN verses.
10. Staff Favoritism. Example, Y breaks a rule and gets banned, while Z did the same thing but at best only a warning or just nothing.
11. Csap's math headcanons that they will take to their grave.
12. Double standards (Infinite examples from different verses could go in here)
13. Dragon Ball and Bleach don't getting the respect they deserve, either via a purposeful change of standards to not allow them, or similars.
14. People who make a lot of drama saying they are leaving and come back later in the same week.
15. NEP changes
16. "They reached the end of the infinite structure in a finite time so it's a contradiction, the place isn't infinite!!!!"
17. Type 4 Acausality not being treated the way it is supposed to, mostly via arbitrary conclusions.
18. "GET IN THE VC!!!!"

Last edited:
i see it as just a level of plot manipulation+creation with no infinite difference between the dreamer/creator without further context.
I mean you can be tier 1 with plot manip too, tho I don't know who is the character that you're referring to so I can't tell if it has enough contexts or not

I mean you can be tier 1 with plot manip too, tho I don't know who is the character that you're referring to so I can't tell if it has enough contexts or not
i ain't referring to none, though i do remember a character that seemed to dream up universes in SSSS Gridman, the SSSS Gridman verse being a fully tangible verse with its own space and time and different universes, however the character who dreamt it up was like just a real life girl, the real life being like our real life. It's a confusing case however we can't really call it Low 1-C, at worst the griman characters would be 11-A but even that would be weird and inconsistent.

I’ve made a lot of mistakes on this wiki, but my biggest regret and biggest sin here is popularizing speed equal matches.
So you are to be blamed for this hot mess we are in?

Punching_Pepe_Banner.jpg

17) People forgetting that characters have a personality sometimes. Not cool.

@QuasiYuri 100% agree. People look at this site’s characters (including me I ain’t above y’all) and think that power is all that defines them. Most of the time, they have problems they can’t punch their ways out of. Look at Superman. Or heck, Umineko as a whole. It only really gets to be a problem when their powerset is so OP that they can get rid of their problems that way (for example if someone makes a social faux pas but they can just reality warp to the point where they never did that).
The rest of the time, they’re LN characters.

1. People who intentionally upgrade characters just to beat other "rival" characters/verses as well as spiting the supporters and then play victim when they get called out about it.

2.Fate Manipulation.

3.Profiles with next to no feats, calculations or citations and rely almost entirely on circular scaling.

4.People who use bias as a negative connotation while being bias themselves (even tho bias isn't bad at all).

5. Using WoG as the main jurisdiction for character ratings (it sucks).

6. The above "baseline" 2-A standards are trash and are needlessly contrived.

7. Some people forgetting we all come different cultures and countries, thus having different tolerances for humour, art, horror, etc (We're NOT a hivemind).

8. People who take this hobby way too seriously to the point it almost feels like their entire life depends on a fictional character getting a certain P&A or wins a Vs thread.

9. People who make badly formatted lazy CRTs and expect the supporters of the verse in question as well as the staff to bend over backwards to pick up the pieces.

10. CRTs being held hostage for days by a single verse supporter or staff member (It honestly just feeds the VSBW bad rep).

11. Vs threads that turn into CRTs and when the MU gets added to the profiles it naturally gets removed shortly after, making all the time debating in the Vs thread pointless. I swear this isn't a jab at OPM.

1. People saying a character uses their only way to win instantly and IC when they have literally used it only a few times and never as a first move
2. Verses with insanely large amounts of supporters and almost no people who go against them getting away with stuff that other verses cannot
3. Obscure verses that get away with stuff that other verses cannot because only a few people have even heard about them
4. Mods basically being unquestioned.
5. People being immune to hax weaker then them or nulling all hax weaker then them.
There are a lot more
FRA

I know how that feels
I do like how some of us thinks that our profile pic is like a face in Versus battles that is kinda true but it's also so crazy that we all are individuals behind a screen talking online while we all have separate lives and into all kinds of things on the interwebs yet it's just a profile pic that resembles ourselves in the actual website it's kinda psychedelically beautiful in a way and get's me thinking what if I were to one day meet all the people who are my "supposed friends" online ☺️ don't know how good that would turn out to be.
Reminds me of someone with a bunny profile picture.

The fact that we don't have connection manipulation; characters that interact with the literal or abstract lines/connections connecting things, without interacting directly with what they're connected to. Example: Character A is connected to the concept of death. Character B chops his hand out cutting that connection and now character A is no longer connected to the concept.

1: Hax and resistance Layers where it doesn't belong
2: All-encompassing words means nothing when in the story its supposed to mean a lot. "Like we are immaculate in this world" doesn't mean shit even if the world itself is literally hax filled verse
3: Acausality Type 5
4: Some properties and physiology are hard to explain from time to time
5: Explaining dimensional difference without the use of R>F. like I seriously have no idea nor is that smart enough so more spatial dimension explanation is hard
6: Purification is an almost entirely useless ability outside indexing because "You cannot use it when you're already affected by the hax that you're trying to purify from yourself"
7: Explaining a broad ability because it somehow only works on specific things rather than having their own ability that honestly should be a separate ability. like Quasi said Phasing from intangibility or some cosmic controlling stuff but they can use against ordinary people but still indexed as telekinesis etc.
8: understanding Nasuverse or Maou Gakuin
9: Same as 8 but instead it barely has one thing all followers can agree on
10: DeathBattle Discussion board. its like an entirely new forum sometimes
11: How do you even differentiate countable infinite to uncountable infinite in a story perspective sense. LIKE HOW?
12: Immeasurable speed
13: is the concept of speed
14: Me thinking I've done a good job making profiles as good as they can be only to find I made mistakes that somehow I did not see on my first and 2nd proofreading and seeing it now months later
15: Tabbers cannot be used on visual edit
16: the Abundance of Chinamen's dominating top 5 strongest with their layered passives
17: Plot manipulation
18: 4th wall breaking and awareness
19: you don't understand I need more tabbers about this main character on a game who accumulated so many weapons and abilities for several years which he probably won't even use and will just be for indexing. and I need more tabbers for the tabbers
20: Gameplay Mechanics
21: the need to explain the entire lore of the verse just to tell them that this Scan means a lot more than what it says
22: Updating profiles with so much abilities and descriptions
23: High Godly regen, High Godly Regen negation, High Godly Regen negation resistance, more layers
24: common sense somehow not being common sense and demands more proof
25: people making more sense than me. stop being smarter than I thank you

I also dislike how I found this thread through RVR thread rather than normally browsing

1. People who intentionally upgrade characters just to beat other "rival" characters/verses as well
Then again powerscaling, and with that, it just makes debating between them more interesting

Last edited:
Then again powerscaling, and with that, it just makes debating between them more interesting
If by intresting, it devolves into a petulant school ground argument at best of "nuh-uh" and at worst a desperate 🍆 measuring contest (without caring if the ratings are accurate or consistent) then yes it's "interesting" plus debates like that often become toxic but that's just online debating in general lol!

Also

12. Users with meme pfps aren't funny and deserved to be banished to the ultimate void.

If by intresting, it devolves into a petulant school ground argument at best of "nuh-uh" and at worst a desperate 🍆 measuring contest (without caring if the ratings are accurate or consistent) then yes it's "interesting" plus debates like that often become toxic but that's just online debating in general lol!
True dat, but then again toxicity is natural to happen during debating grounds.
Also
12. Users with meme pfps aren't funny and deserved to be banished to the ultimate void.
Technically I am already the void

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back