• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

KT's Adventure Time Revisions Part 3.5: Lightning and Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3.

I didn't intend for there to be a Part 3.5 at all, but if I wanted some of these speed calculations to be valid, I needed it.

This will be the process of accepting the Ice King's lightning as lightning speed and the Rainicorns' lasers as light speed.

Ice King's Lightning​

The Ice King produces Ice Lightning. Stated by the Encyclopedia, stated by Farmworld Finn (In S5E2, he calls his powers "Ice Lightning") who shares his powers with Simon Petrikov, and many other sources.

Our standards say
  • Cloud-to-ground lightning is considered to be real lightning, as long there is nothing suggesting otherwise.
Which Simon's powers most definitely fall under. Farmworld Finn's powers fall under this as well, explicitly channeling lightning from the clouds.

Another thing it shows is that it charges Neptr, flowing through his body and fueling his power, when the main point of the episode was that Neptr needed real lightning to charge him. After being charged by a natural lightning bolt, Finn needs the Ice King to produce the same effect and charge Neptr even more, implying his lightning is the same.

Rainicorn Beams​

Rainicorn beams should be considered lightspeed.

Rainicorn beams are implied to be the same lasers and light waves as the ones used in Prism-grams, which convert messages to light rays and send them to Rainicorns, then they're sent back as light rays and are turned into brain waves. Jake needed to write down his message for a few seconds, while their message travelled back instantly, implying that they didn't have to write anything down, but instead they just used their powers.

The prism sends out light like a prism does, in a rainbow color, following the realistic source of light requirement. It's also called a light wave and a brain wave, two forms of electromagnetic radiation which move at lightspeed.

This is supported by the Rainicorns method of flight, which is explained here.
Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!
—"My Two Favorite People"

It's literally sunlight, realistic source of light, stated to be 2 types of electromagnetic radiation, and the user is hinted to already manipulate regular sunlight, which is SoL by default.

Basically, we can use these for calcs and such.

Last edited:
Ice King's Lightning

It seems like there's two different techniques at work here? Sometimes it appears like genuine lightning, just striking the ground as you'd expect lightning too like here:

but other times like here:

It appears as though lightning-shaped blocks of ice are being created.

Even though they're all rooted in ice magic, there appears to be some notably different effects here. I don't think all of these examples should be grouped together as being genuine cloud-to-ground lightning.

It seems like there's two different techniques at work here? Sometimes it appears like genuine lightning, just striking the ground as you'd expect lightning too like here:

but other times like here:

It appears as though lightning-shaped blocks of ice are being created.

Even though they're all rooted in ice magic, there appears to be some notably different effects here. I don't think all of these examples should be grouped together as being genuine cloud-to-ground lightning.
It's all 1 ability but it's just different uses of it.

Simon's lightning can turn into ice via control of the bolts, which is why sometimes he directly produces the lightning-shaped ice, sometimes he has lightning that turns into ice, sometimes he directly produces clouds which make lightning, heck, sometimes it's just wind.

The point is that they are the same thing, and at the same time he's just transmuting them into a different element as they're being formed whether immediately after it's creation or when it hits a target. So them coming from the sky is just a property of the lightning portion, and it should still count

So them coming from the sky is just a property of the lightning portion, and it should still count

And that's fine for the actual uses of lightning, but the lightning-shaped blocks of ice - which sometimes he just creates from his hand as you pointed out - don't look like they should be treated as cloud-to-ground lightning.

Him making the actual lightning in some of the cases is fair game. Some specific instances don't look valid to me at least.

And that's fine for the actual uses of lightning, but the lightning-shaped blocks of ice - which sometimes he just creates from his hand as you pointed out - don't look like they should be treated as cloud-to-ground lightning.

Him making the actual lightning in some of the cases is fair game. Some specific instances don't look valid to me at least.
The actual lightning-shaped ice bolts won't be counted.

Like if they come from the sky as straight lightning, it works. Even if it changes into ice or something, it should still be solid.

But if they come from the sky automatically as the ice bolts like in here, then it won't count. Only the ones that come from the sky as lightning would count, not the ice

I am neutral leaning towards agreement.

Also wouldn’t it been better if you can get the respective scans and videos to further support these points?

Edit: Oh never mind, just saw the links from above regarding the lightning. Put me in agreement with MHS for the lightning part.

True although I am curious if there is a YouTube Channel for it as I know Avatar the Last Airbender has a official channel with clips from the show itself.
There is but they don’t have everything, especially the super relevant ones

It's only been around 12 hours since the last posts. Threads don't need to be bumped any more than 24 hours since the last post IIRC.

Welp the cloud to ground lightning and the lightning starts as cloud to ground that becomes ice is accepted by damage at least so I'd assume that means Uchiha is following suit with his agreement so Tempest are you going to pull the rest of the ice lightning off or wait for more input or move on because at least for what's accepted already there doesn't seem to be much contention

Welp the cloud to ground lightning and the lightning starts as cloud to ground that becomes ice is accepted by damage at least so I'd assume that means Uchiha is following suit with his agreement so Tempest are you going to pull the rest of the ice lightning off or wait for more input or move on because at least for what's accepted already there doesn't seem to be much contention
Pretty much waiting to move on, technically it's all agreed on.

This is the main thing I'm questioning though
Another thing it shows is that it charges Neptr, flowing through his body and fueling his power, when the main point of the episode was that Neptr needed real lightning to charge him. After being charged by a natural lightning bolt, Finn needs the Ice King to produce the same effect and charge Neptr even more, implying his lightning is the same.
To see if his lightning in general is lightning speed.

I was using those as supports for his lightning in general to be lightning speed

Pretty much waiting to move on, technically it's all agreed on.

This is the main thing I'm questioning though

To see if his lightning in general is lightning speed.

I was using those as supports for his lightning in general to be lightning speed
Neptr being recharged by electricity does make sense, but whatever that actually implies the Ice King’s lightning being lightning speed is kinda questionable. On hand, it might been comparable, but on the other hand, this seems to being more of a property of the lightning that provides the power to Neptr is being replicated by what Ice King did.

At the very least, it might get a “Likely MHS”rating as I not sure on this one.

Neptr being recharged by electricity does make sense, but whatever that actually implies the Ice King’s lightning being lightning speed is kinda questionable. On hand, it might been comparable, but on the other hand, this seems to being more of a property of the lightning that provides the power to Neptr is being replicated by what Ice King did.

At the very least, it might get a “Likely MHS”rating as I not sure on this one.
Nah it needed real natural lightning that was the whole plot and Ice kings lightning was able to do so

Nah it needed real natural lightning that was the whole plot and Ice kings lightning was able to do so
Yes, but neptr is a Appliance with wheels and has sentience and from what I can remember, appliance do required electricity to being powered and used for any purpose, but anyway, whatever ice kings lightning spell (is it even called that? If not, then I not sure as it definitely make sense to being a electric attack at least since lightning is a form of electricity as far as I recall) is comparable to natural cloud to ground lightning in speed.

That, I am on kinda neutral on.

Wait are we considering them to be 2 different types of lightning? I was considering them both the same

Alright.

I was assuming the CTG lightning was enough proof, and I used the Neptr charge as supporting info

When you finish part 4 before 3.5
Mannn abilities r easy lmfao

Alright well Rainicorn's is accepted I guess. Just confused about the current discussion a little bit.

The OP considers the lightning from the clouds and the lightning from Simon's hands the same lightning. Accepting one means accepting the other. The Neptr stuff was supporting evidence.

Damage's original point was "the lightning that's actually lightning and not the lightning-shaped ice should be counted"

So I'm assuming the actual lightning is accepted.

If that's the case (I'll wait for confirmation), then the thread is pretty much solid

Mannn abilities r easy lmfao

Alright well Rainicorn's is accepted I guess. Just confused about the current discussion a little bit.

The OP considers the lightning from the clouds and the lightning from Simon's hands the same lightning. Accepting one means accepting the other. The Neptr stuff was supporting evidence.

Damage's original point was "the lightning that's actually lightning and not the lightning-shaped ice should be counted"

So I'm assuming the actual lightning is accepted.

If that's the case (I'll wait for confirmation), then the thread is pretty much solid
Yeah I get that and I still agree with it but it's really up to the others but yeah at the very least rainicorn is accepted and the CTG lightning

Welp, it's been well over 24h, and there's no contention.

With that + the agreeals of Damage's post, these are the conclusions.

The actual lightning produced from Ice King = Speed of Lightning
Lady Rainicorn's light = Speed of Light
The Lightning Shaped Ice ≠ Speed of Lightning

Staff can reopen this and others can message someone to reopen this if it seems like there's something they disagree with.

With that being said, thank you all for the contributions. This will be closed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back