• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dino_Ranger_Black

VS Battles
Retired
Hello, everyone. This is Dino Ranger Black. I know it’s been quite a while since I made a CRT and I’m still not used to how this forum works since I’m not as active as I used to be, so please be patient if I make some mistakes, whether it be typos or a new rule that I wasn’t aware of. Anyway, as we all know, we've been getting some Mario revisions back to back lately this summer and after seeing the ratings, I totally see why. I’m going to be frank, I’m not happy with the way this verse is currently handled. Apparently, during my procrastination, many upgrades were snuck for the same exact reasons (as well as another factor that I’ve grown tired of) why they were turned down on multiple occasions. It's pretty apparent we have an issue with it and made it an entire mess. So the best course of action is instead of picking these feats one at a time, we have to revise it as a whole and to be blunt, it’s an absolute downgrade for the verse.

1. Universal Scaling on the Recurring Characters

Seriously, how on Earth did this get through? It’s been constantly claimed that the characters are “consistently” Low 2-C enough to warrant the rating despite going over it several times why they are not. Not that it matters anymore, two of them (Black Jewel and Grand Star) have been downgraded or about to be, leaving them with one. And with the best feats I’m about to go over being no where near close to that level, it has to be removed. Now.

2. Power Stars’ Low 2-C Rating

Another upgrade that snuck under our noses. And for reasons that doesn’t warrant it’s rating. Now there's nothing wrong with it's other ratings, primarily the Tier 4 ones, just this one in particular. The main argument for this rating is that they are "treated to be comparable to the real world" (No such comparison exists from what I read) and it being able to “encompass all of reality”. Several reasons why this is unreliable: First, it’s very vague. Second, there are no universe statements whatsoever. Third, even if we take this quote literally, assuming the worlds are swallowing something or whatever, we are not given a timeframe for that. Another argument is some kind of bottomless quote in the Japanese version, which I disagree and should not used as a justification for the feat. Especially with bottomless pits being frequent in the Mario series but as a game mechanic. I’ll go over more about the use of different languages to evaluate feats later but for now, this rating needs to be ditched ASAP. Power Stars are 4-C at minimum and 4-A at max. Nothing more.

3. New AP and Speed Revisions

Now let’s cut to the chase with the main concern of the verse’s rating. A lot of the 4-A feats previously used to support the rating has been removed, leaving it with only one, which is not very feasible or enough to support it. I believe it’s time to use a different set of more reliable ratings. So here are the feats I found that definitely be in range with each other:

1. In Bowser’s Inside Story, the final boss, Dark Bowser, unleashed a storm that will destroy the Mushroom Kingdom. Initially, I wasn’t going to use this feat since it may fallen under environmental destruction but I read the requirements carefully and I can safely say it scales to his actual power. The aforementioned storm is in fact, Dark Bowser’s dark powers. As you can see within this cutscene:

"The dark power slept so long, and now it wakes... It must be freed... BEHOLD!"

"Still here? Has the dark power not yet crushed your puny hopes? Soon this kingdom will vanish along with all who dwell within. And you, too, will sleep eternally in the dark power's embrace!"

Even Starlow's comment attests to this:

"I can feel the dark power emanating like crazy!"

I remembered someone mentioning a calc being made for this. I think it was somewhere around Tier 6. I can't make calculations, however, so I'm not sure. Not that it matters anyway. We can make another one, only this time abit more up to scale. With the Mushroom Kingdom’s size on the map in Super Mario Odyssey, we should get some similar results.

2. From what I read, Shake King’s feat from WarioLand Shake it is currently considered outdated. I, unfortunately, can’t layout the details why since I’m not a calc expert but I’ve been requesting for a recalculation on the feat and yet no one has done so. I’m not sure how much of a downgrade it will be but I believe it still could be used once calculated properly.

3. I’m sure most people are aware of DK’s moon punching feat in Donkey Kong Country Returns. Diddy Kong is also capable of pulling off the same feat and Mario being able to take hits from Donkey Kong and hurt him in return, so this is undoubtedly applicable . We initially separated the feats from due to how they greatly vary but now the feats are with range and DKC is indeed part of the SMB verse, we can cross scale it.

4. In Mario Tennis Aces, the main antagonist, Lucien, was able destroy an entire kingdom in the story. Mario was able to fight him, who fused with Bowser, which we all know to be one of the stronger characters in the series. But as fiction has proven several times, “destroying something” could mean anything,, so not very useful.

As you might have guess, this will be the new rating for the characters. Since they generally fallen under the Tier 7 or Tier 6 rating, I believe this will be our new rating for the characters who scale. Not only are they more reliable and consistent, it’s not absurdly high beyond belief and more importantly, it’s reasonable. That being said, I do believe there’s a likely higher tier…….for some characters. You’ll see what I mean:

1. Here’s something I missed, according to Rosalina in the first game and the Lumas in the second, the Lumas that travels with Mario granted him the “power of the stars”. This power is infact, the Star Spin. It’s established that the Power Stars are indeed Lumas, serving as their primary source of power. If we take a look at the boss fights against Bowser in Super Mario Galaxy, Bowser is engaged in combat against Mario, with no amp of his own. Not only is he constantly able to take hits from Mario’s Star Spin, he can also counter it with a spin attack of his own.

2. In return, Mario and co. has fought Bowser amped with power with no amp of their own. Examples include most Yoshi games, Mario Tennis Aces, Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, among others. And while Mario’s ability to hurt Bowser directly has varies from game to game, what remains consistent is he, at least, able to take hits from from all of them.

3. Finally, there’s a certain feat in SMW2: Yoshi’s Island. Kamek uses his magic to amp Raphael the Raven, who was able to knock Yoshi into a small planetoid. After the battle, Raphael the Raven would be sent flying, resulting into an explosion that resulted in a star being formed. This is undoubtedly due to Kamek’s enhancement and he would use the same type of spell on Bowser, who’s clearly stronger than everyone else.

With the bare minimum of being able to harm a few users of Power Stars, Bowser himself being able to counter and attack the same power source, and Yoshi being able to fight against Bowser using the same type of magic amping enhancement, I believe this warrants a “likely 4-C”. I like to clarify that this will not be applied to every single character. Contrary to popular belief of the supporters, it’s pretty clear that some characters are stronger and more capable than others. So it’s best to decide now other than the two we just mentioned.

Unlike the AP, the speed feats are surprisingly fine. The problem is that they are shared for a single rating. Because of this, I believe all the speed feats related to the Galaxy games should be separated. After all, Rosalind stated the Luma with help Mario traverse across space and Bowser is using the Power and Grand Stars to cross the universe.

So where does leave them in base forms? I think I have found the answer: The Koopa Clown Car and Koopa Jr Clown Car. Both are Bowser and Bowser Jr vehicles. As we see in both Mario Party 8 and Mario Party 9, these vehicles are capable of traveling interstellar distances in a short time frame. It’s admittedly unspecified but clearly no more than a day as Bowser flew off into a star nearby and both him and his son flew to the outskirts of a galaxy and back. Of course, if anyone would like to make a calculation on these, that would be nice.

One might can argue that these are merely space flight feats inapplicable to combat. However, that’s not the case. In both games where the feat is present, the characters have to battle these two within these vehicles. In fact, battle with Bowser and his son in their respective Clown Cars have been frequent throughout the entire series. They are often used for combative purposes. Worth noting that Bowser Jr used in a few sports games even, which may seem dismissible at first, however, the nature of these games are rather combative in comparison to what we are familiar with. Even when the rider is taking evasive maneuvers, the character of choice is still able to react to them.

The amount of occurrences of their uses should support the speed feats, even if it’s not up to par with the Galaxy related feats. Even if we can apply it to the characters normal movement speed, we can apply it to combat speeds and reactions.

4. Evaluation through Different Languages

I’ve been noticing for most of the feats that’s been recently removed and should be removed, many of the reasons that they are used in the first place is because of fan translated dialogue of the Japanese version. I’m going to be real, this is absolutely absurd. This isn’t 4kids/early 90’s dub of unreliable translations. The localization version of these dialogues rarely change what we know AT ALL and the official translation of Super Mario Galaxy is pretty spot on, ironically more than the Japanese attempts. Bowser said he was going to create a new galaxy……twice……and that’s exactly what happened in the cut scene where the Comet Observatory was heading to the center of the universe. The fact people are also trying to use Japan's unique letter and grammar system to fabricate feats in this verse such as using a word to claim that it means universe when it doesn’t add up is just plain ridiculous and the very definition of reaching. I propose that are official translations of this verse will be the ONLY translation until further notice.

Summary

So basically, here’s how we are going to revise the verse:

All the characters with a universal tier in their base will be removed immediately. No more Low 2-C ratings for lowbrow reasons, seriously.

Power Stars are not universal. Low 2-C is out….period.

Every single character who’s been scaled and will be scaled gets their base forms downgraded to the aforementioned feats as soon as these calculations are made for reasons above (I'm guessing they will be somewhere around the Tier 6 or 7 range), with a select few them will be having a “Likely 4-C” included. The amount of wank and leniency that’s been happening with this franchise is insane. Of course, other calcs and feats are welcomed.

The speed feats are overall fine. They just need separated from each other.

We stick to official translations from here on out. We already have more than enough threads that out right debunks them and they are one of the main sources of the conflict and nonsensical upgrades this verse has been getting lately. No more fan translated material of other languages.

Last edited:
5gm7r6.jpg

dont mind me just here for the shtshow

You claim that them being comparable to the real world is vague, yet assume the stars in the painting worlds are still legit despite us having no proof there's even a planet. This doesn't make sense. Either stick to both being not usable because of the uncertainty of it being comparable to the main universe or don't bring that up as an argument against the Tier 2 rating. Like, at least be consistent within your OP.

The only other 4-A feat I can think of are stars being shown to be in the book Baby Bowser transmutated Yoshi's Island into along with the Sun, showing that they were effected as well. And he literally turned a real world place into this book. But this is just hax range and I dunno if it even scales to AP

I think 4-C is mostly consistent. Yoshi/Kamek, the Mario Party 4 feat, the singular feat of the black hole becoming a Power Star or whatever thing, and likely some more I'm missing. This is just as much as those Tier 6 feats you mentioned if not more because the Lucien one is iffy.

As for Tier 6, I dunno, man. As we've brought up in other threads, "destroy" is vague. It could mean total annihilation by one person alone, an over time feat, a group effort, simply making life unsustainable or torturous, etc. Not like it matters as there's other feats, but yeah.

Dark Bowser cannot be proven to have used the same power he used to create the hurricane in his attacks. It's clearly different than all of his other magic. Similar power sources can totally have attacks of differing strengths as was said in other threads that went through. It may have even been a passive ability that cannot be proven to scale to anyone if we're gonna be fair and apply the same scrutiny other feats got to this one.

And the DK thing is just funny. We can cross them NOW but couldn't before because you're proposing a downgrade? Do you hear how that sounds? No. They were clearly so different before let's keep them separated. You're only gonna use them NOW when they support your current argument?

As for the Speed feats, um, Mario has fought Power Star users in base which are implied to amp speed. The very same AP justification you argued could possibly stay and is fine also grants the speed ratings you want to separate. Also, Bowser Jr. without any Stars can make getaways on his vehicles to other galaxy clusters as well (he goes from World 3 with just a nebula in the background to World 5, a massive cluster of Galaxies).

For Tier 6 feats I'd add the Shadow Queen's shaking of the planet. But that's High 6-A, not just island or country. But she could be Tier 5 for being stated to be able to destroy the whole world. "Whole world" in this context would definitely support planet as you can't destroy the whole world by only razing the surface or conquering the surface as well as TTYD frequently contextually referring to the planet when saying "World".

Other Tier 5 feats come from the Genie who Wario fought creating a planet in his image. Paper Mario's Thing Cards with the Fan rotating the planet being a good example. Black Jewel creating a world which "world' was referred to as the planet in the very same game. And probably some more I'm missing.

So basically I'm saying "consistency" is kind of stupid because your own arguments lack it and also there's plenty of other Tiers with just as much, if not, more feats than Tier 6. Would you like me to bring up the literal hundreds of Tier 9 feats? Oh, wait, we can't rate him as Tier 9? Why? Because it's too low? But it's the most consistent!! What? We can make an exception for consistency with Tier 9 but not with the other Tiers lower than Tier 4 or 2 you're arguing for?

So no, I think this needs a wee bit more discussion on just what exactly is "consistent"

I completely disagree with downgrading them to tier 6/7. Tier 4 should stay in my opinion, if only 4-C. The creation of a new galaxy seems to still be figurative language, and your final scan shows the galaxy Bowser was talking about, with no context as to if it previously existed. Until then, I disagree with that.

Foxthefox1000 lays out my thoughts pretty well as well. All in all, I agree with this thread, though with some issues.

Also forgot to mention Mario Party 9 has a feat where tbe Clown Cars and base Bowser and Jr. fly on par with Mini Stars who return to their positions in space after Bowser zucced them all up from all over space. Given you can't see any shimmering stars in any direction of spacr until they are released, I do believe they were taken from all over the universe. The fact we see a different galaxy in the game even shows it's reached past multiple galaxies. Bowser reacts to these stars as well.

lol imagine using game mechanics
The Black Hole Calc on the verse page is quite literally a black hole which kills Mairo instantly, there’s no game mechanics, they didn’t need to make the main thing that kills Mario a Black Hole

It’s also just plain doesn’t fit real Black Hole standards as the Black Holes in Galaxy spew water and can be near eachother without conjoining

The Black Hole Calc on the verse page is quite literally a black hole which kills Mairo instantly, there’s no game mechanics, they didn’t need to make the main thing that kills Mario a Black Hole

It’s also just plain doesn’t fit real Black Hole standards as the Black Holes in Galaxy spew water and can be near eachother without conjoining
It's an obstacle in a game that he dies to. Game mechanics.

And again, there's other black hole feats anyways. Power Stars would still be Tier 4 regardless for scaling above the base Tier 4 feats

So basically my opinion is:

If you argue the Power Stars should be fine for creating realms with non-descript stars and because Bowser or Mario have fended people amped by them in base, then the speed ratings should persist for that same reasoning. Also, there's just frankly other feats that support it for base anyways. Speed should remain untouched.

Tier 6 is NOT "the most consistent" range and there exists a plethora of feats for many different Tiers, with Tier 9 being the Tier with the most feats, so why aren't we considering that? Id it just because you feel it's too low? Okay, then I feel Tier 6/7 is "too low" and some of the feats even have issues appying similar scrutiny other rejected feats received to them.

It still instantly kills him, there’s no version of “Lore” Mario Galaxy in which Mario can’t be killed by a Black Hole, scaling it’s energy to him is flawed

This is also wrong, you get a Game Over by being hit by that Black Hole
Bowser is still actively resisting it and even so still beats down the very same castle that had enough energy to generate it.

Using Bowser’s Inside Story or Mario Party for scaling to Tier 4 is also just inherently flawed as those games also have a truck load of anti feats as well, Canonically, Bowser would’ve died to a castle falling on him without Mario and Luigi’s help

Bowser is still actively resisting it and even so still beats down the very same castle that had enough energy to generate it.
If he dies instantly to the Black Hole, he doesn’t scale, the arguments you bring up only really point to the castle’s Black Hole generation not scaling to physicals

Yes, and Bowser also literally survives a bigger castle falling on him in New Super Mario Bros Wii. Your point? This is literally textbook PIS being argued.

I mean, if we're going to argue they die to shit like buildings now as legitimate feats that should downgrade them then sure, let's go ahead with the Tier 9 downgrades. It IS the most consitent tier.

Finally, there’s a certain feat in SMW2: Yoshi’s Island. Kamek uses his magic to amp Raphael the Raven, who was able to knock Yoshi into a small planetoid. After the battle, Raphael the Raven would be sent flying, resulting into an explosion that resulted in a star being formed. This is undoubtedly due to Kamek’s enhancement and he would use the same type of spell on Bowser, who’s clearly stronger than everyone else.

With the bare minimum of being able to harm a few users of Power Stars, Bowser himself being able to counter and attack the same power source, and Yoshi being able to fight against Bowser using the same type of magic amping enhancement, I believe this warrants a “likely 4-C”. I like to clarify that this will not be applied to every single character. Contrary to popular belief of the supporters, it’s pretty clear that some characters are stronger and more capable than others. So it’s best to decide now other than the two we just mentioned.
Besides Yoshis feat there's also the Mario Party 4 feat where a power star moves hundreds of stars, so I think likely High 4-C would work better than likely 4-C.

As for how many characters would scale (Besides the obvious Mario, Luigi, Bowser, and whatnot) I think characters like Wario and Donkey Kong could scale since more often than not they're treated as physically stronger than Mario, DK even occasionally being treated as comparable to Bowser. For other characters from the Wario and DK series, eh, I think a very small number can scale. Obviously characters like Ashley from the Warioware games shouldn't get scaling, neither someone like Tiny Kong, but personally I think a select few like K. Rool and Shake King for example I believe are fine since they can directly fight DK and Wario.

If he dies instantly to the Black Hole, he doesn’t scale, the arguments you bring up only really point to the castle’s Black Hole generations not scaling to physicals
Bowser doesn't instantly die to the black hole, both him and the castle can get dragged straight into it and get damaged by the black holes crushing them but they can break out and still fight. Although it doesn't matter since like most black holes in fiction we can't actually treat them as real proper black holes.

Yes, and Bowser also literally survives a bigger castle falling on him in New Super Mario Bros Wii. Your point? This is literally textbook PIS being argued.
“Bigger” probably needs more evidence, in the scene itself it looks smaller to me, also really that’s still a anti feat as you can hear him roar in pain

Bowser doesn't instantly die to the black hole, both him and the castle can get dragged straight into it and get damaged by the black holes crushing them but they can break out and still fight. Although it doesn't matter since like most black holes in fiction we can't actually treat them as real proper black holes.
They can fight off the black hole while taking damage but going inside it directly kills them, really more evidence it isn’t a black hole in the first place

Even though I don't agree with it being the only justification and it's sole tier the Grand Star was even proposed to scale to the black hole creation in another thread from a person attempting a downgrade.

Lol imagine downgrading verses because a character said "ouchie" to a feat way below them.

Actually hilarious how downright hypocritical that would be

And? So what? Characters have been seriously injured and/or outright died from feats that are way below their paygrade all the damn time. I can't list examples cause rules or whatever but everyone has the common sense to know exactly what the popular examples are.

Man I'll love using these arguments to downgrade like several game verses.

And? So what? Characters have been seriously injured and/or outright died from feats that are way below their paygrade all the damn time. I can't list examples cause rules or whatever but everyone has the common sense to know exactly what the popular examples are.

Man I'll love using these arguments to downgrade like several game verses.
1: if you think other verses aren’t being treated fairly then go and make a crt about it and see what happens

2: You say “way below there paygrade” like it’s fact but you’ve really not found any cosmic level feats that aren’t based on Black Holes (which also can Kill Bowser and likely don’t work as real Black Holes)

1: if you think other verses aren’t being treated fairly then go and make a crt about it and see what happens

2: You say “way below there paygrade” like it’s fact but you’ve really not found any cosmic level feats that aren’t based on Black Holes (which also can Kill Bowser and likely don’t work as real Black Holes)
That's because you havent responded to any of my other posts/points. You want me to do work then I want you to read and stop being a hypocrite supporting similar feats in other verses.

In reference to Power Star users and Mario fighting them in base, ultimately there’s no real indication that these Users are using that level of power, (in fact Bowser in Mario 64 references the Power of the Stars Failing him), to my knowledge there just using it’s power but by how much is never said, if one were to prove there using it on a 4-A scale without a direct statement, there feats would need to be comparable

And really Power Star Bosses don’t have, well, any feats on that level, and the People that scale to them (Mario, Bowser) have so many anti feats to there name that I find this scaling problematic

Bowser used their power to create the (arguably) 4-A Worlds. Why would he then go on to use less power? Why should we assume they are using less energy when the feat seems to be entirely casual? It doesn't say the feat required all of their energies. Doesn't make sense. It failed him because Mario had a **** ton of Power Stars and countered his Jumbo Power Star, and we know that Power Stars can null each other.

This is scary, I can see the pitchforks and torches coming up all over the place from the Mario fanbase.

Doesn't mean I don't agree with basically everything here.
Two years ago and I’d be right on carrying that pitchfork.
But now I just don’t have the energy to do that anymore. So I’ll just leave with a single comment:

🖕🏾

They can fight off the black hole while taking damage but going inside it directly kills them, really more evidence it isn’t a black hole in the first place
Them going inside it directly is the reason they can take damage from it, the main and best way of beating the castle is by punting it directly into the black hole several times, it never kills them when they're directly inside (I think it only kills Bowser of he's already lost all his HP), they can even somehow physically grab onto the edges of the black holes to pull themselves out.

That’s not a “ouchie” that’s “almost died” and “Roars in horrible pain”
I honestly wouldn't use the BIS castle stuff at all, ignoring AP or whatever several games have portrayed Bowser as not needing organs to live (And Yoshis New Island shows he doesn't even need a physical body apparently), and he can survive having his bones scattered apart so him somehow being at risk of death via crushing makes no real sense, also he takes attacks from the dark power and it performs a feat way above the castle stuff. I'd view Bowser nearly being killed by the castles the same way I'd view Link being at risk of dying from collapsing castles even when he's powerful enough to fight and take attacks from beings like Ganon or Vaati, just Nintendo overestimating how deadly a castle is when compared to a lot of wackier stuff they make these characters do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back