• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

KT's Adventure Time Revisions Part 7: Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 3.5, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 6.5.

Keepers of the clock, masters of dimension, bear witness! By my power, I compel you to converge! Past and present, be one. Awaken the terror of a forgotten age! In this moment that is all moments in the blink of an eye. Darren, the ancient sleeper, arise!

Welcome everybody to Part 7 of the consecutive Adventure Time content revision threads! I've had a blast making these and I thank everyone for the help, evaluations, support, all of that good stuff.

I brought that quote above by Maja because she stops time, bringing all things to stop moving, pausing their speed.

This is the speed CRT where we handle a serious component of the verse, I call this, part 6, and part 8, the Big Three Adventure Time CRTs.
Let's begin.

Calculations​

This CRT has 3 big calculations that scale to the majority of the verse.

A-1 - Mach 1160.479770 (Massively Hypersonic+)

A-2 - 6.419845c (FTL)

A-3 - 12.041792c (FTL+)

We'll do the basic "Fodder, Average, Top" tier stuff.

The first one is a feat done by Finn when he deflects the Ice King's lightning, which we accepted as lightning speed in here.

The second one is a feat done by Finn when he moves in the same timeframe as himself being sent in FTL+ speeds.

The final one is Finn's reactions for above being scaled to those who blitz him.

As they are all done by Finn, they are directly scaleable feats.

The sandbox is here. Still adding references and revising things, since I just copied and pasted my last sandbox for the lifting and edited it.

Last edited:
The second one is a feat done by Finn when he moves along a wall with light particles moving in the same timeframe. It's stated to be light and it is shown to change directions and grow in a magnifying glass, and move through an emerald prism and expand in size.

Not so sure on this one myself. While the overall beam is definitely green light, those individual particles that can visibly see moving aren't necessarily photons. They could just be magical effects of the light.

Also, you can call me crazy but I don't think Finn was slowly inching himself along the wall at Relativistc+ speeds. There's cinematic timing, and then there's this.

I look at that scene, and I see Finn moving a couple meters over several seconds.

That's a far simpler and straightforward interpretation of what is happening there than assuming he is inching along the wall at over half the speed of light.

Not so sure on this one myself. While the overall beam is definitely green light, those individual particles that can visibly see moving aren't necessarily photons. They could just be magical effects of the light.

Also, you can call me crazy but I don't think Finn was slowly inching himself along the wall at Relativistc+ speeds. There's cinematic timing, and then there's this.

I look at that scene, and I see Finn moving a couple meters over several seconds.

That's a far simpler and straightforward interpretation of what is happening there than assuming he is inching along the wall at over half the speed of light.
Well this is a fair interpretation, and something's telling me that arguing Relativistic+ careful pacing isn't safe.

And although I do disagree with the original assessment of the particles, it's irrelevant if the whole point is valid.

I (literally just now) made a different feat of Finn moving during interstellar travel here

This seems like it would be astronomically better in terms of logic compared to the other one.

Well this is a fair interpretation, and something's telling me that arguing Relativistic+ careful pacing isn't safe.

And although I do disagree with the original assessment of the particles, it's irrelevant if the whole point is valid.

I (literally just now) made a different feat of Finn moving during interstellar travel here

This seems like it would be astronomically better in terms of logic compared to the other one.

Yeah, I don't mind what Finn ends up with as long as it is consistent. I just think the original Rel+ calc in the OP doesn't seem to be valid as a speed feat.

Done

Also everything else in the thread looks good
Awesome, thanks!

So a quick rundown on how this scales to anybody:

Finn, who accomplished the feat, will have his speed put at 6.4c.

His reactions directly scale to 2 people.
Rattleballs, who blitzed Finn in his 3rd key.
The Lich, who blitzed Finn in his later key.

His later key evolves when he gets the Grass Sword, getting blitzed by Rattleballs throwing eggs at him, and trains enough to where he can cut those eggs regularly.

So the new speed scaling

A-1 - Mach 1160.479770 (Massively Hypersonic+)

A-2 - 6.419845c (FTL)

A-3 - 12.041792c (FTL+)

I doubt this needs a whole new thread, but I will be changing a few of Bubblegum's keys

Her Season 6 | Seasons 7-8
will be
Season 6 - Elemental | Post-Elemental - Great Gum War

As she gains her Elemental Powers during that timeframe

Her lifting strength from her previous key is the same in both so it's not really a massive change

I doubt this needs a whole new thread, but I will be changing a few of Bubblegum's keys

Her Season 6 | Seasons 7-8
will be
Season 6 - Elemental | Post-Elemental - Great Gum War

As she gains her Elemental Powers during that timeframe

Her lifting strength from her previous key is the same in both so it's not really a massive change
This looks good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back