• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm fine with fiction being over the top. It should have quality storytelling to go along with it.

Hearing about how OC McGee woos a woman with P-Cup melons using his light-year long pp isn't really quality....

There's nothing wrong with fiction being over the top in itself, but when these kind of fanfiction try so desperately to maintain the illusion that they're serious stories then I expect them to follow something similar to real life concepts as opposed to crap which doesn't make sense

Yeah, when they take themselves to be serious writing is the most ridiculous part.

Oh yeah, it's just a personal dislike poor narration ti be third person and present.

Eh. He is presented as what you'd expect the bland main character to be, and he gets little built on that. He is unexplainable ignorant of the world to let us learn of it through him, the weakest of his class who still has above average Aura from the get go, etc.
If nothing else, he felt like the absolute obvious character writers would pick and abuse for their OCs masquerading as a canon character. Even the games we play had him be insanely different for it, and that's a decent if bloated fanfic.

Depends on how you go with interpreting semblance, since it's inconsistent how close it is to one's skin.
Jaune's version seems to be shiki ryogi type, since he says that he can cut concepts with ease.

You know fellas I find it interesting how characters like Goku, Naruto, Izuku, Issei, Jaune, etc are typically the ones that are degraded to being edgy.
Why is that? Well my theory is that these characters all have a heart of gold or something, despite any personal flaws they may have, and and sometimes may have a black and white kind of philosophy on the world which isn't "realistic enough" so these authors take these characters and make them much more "realistic" by having them be all glum and doom all the time and not having a single ounce of empathy or human love and instead being a asshole who looks down on others but is stil beloved by everyone for some reason
Dude, you forgot shinji ikari.

@Ultra_instinct_issei Yup again to this.

I was surprised to see Dies Irae on Wattpad, only to find out this guy legit used this in series that don’t even reach beyond Tiers 7 and 6.

Even if you lowball Shinza to Tier 2 (2-A to some big extent cuz of infinite universes + scaling shit), it’s still out of place to put a reader based character in any series that isn’t up there with Shinza.

@Ultra_instinct_issei Yup again to this.

I was surprised to see Dies Irae on Wattpad, only to find out this guy legit used this in series that don’t even reach beyond Tiers 7 and 6.

Even if you lowball Shinza to Tier 2 (2-A to some big extent cuz of infinite universes + scaling shit), it’s still out of place to put a reader based character in any series that isn’t up there with Shinza.
Shinza can be highballed to tier 0 as well since there are statements that difference between hajun and a hadou god is equal to the difference between a god and human.
Also, there are tier 9 characters who can wreck tier high 1-A's so that does not matter much.

Point.

Still, to think that’s the kind of content I have to be reminded of it on Wattpad lol.

On one hand, great! On the othe rhand, dear lord end me lol

EmpsXSlaanesh is pretty hard to find in written form. As for drawing well.....hehehehe.....

The Golden Beast himself of course...
7795940.jpg

You know I find it hard to believe, but somehow they took a character like Reinhard freaking Heydrich and made him a freaking gary stu. Like how is it possible to do that? How is it possible to take someone with an interesting philosophy and personality like him and make him boring?

Back