• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Great upgrade a level of wizards

Whether dumbledore knows the spell or not if we go by scaling spells to each other dumbledores power should scale above the mountain moving feat. And we have a statement that dumbledore vs grindelwalds legnedary duel was greatest duel ever happened between two wizards, so their magical feat in that duel was greater than the mountain moving spell that happened in the dueling contest.

Whether dumbledore knows the spell or not if we go by scaling spells to each other dumbledores power should scale above the mountain moving feat. And we have a statement that dumbledore vs grindelwalds legnedary duel was greatest duel ever happened between two wizards, so their magical feat in that duel was greater than the mountain moving spell that happened in the dueling contest.
This is a really good argument and I think it would be fair to scale the mountain level to high levels of verse based on this.

So, we have already created a list of discussed feats, but nevertheless, purely formally, while there is no opinion from the staff, let's evaluate this too:

· Upgrade the levels of Dumbledore, Grindelwald and Voldemort to the mountain level

Agree: LightMoonWizard Cropfist Lord_Farquaad69420
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
So, we have already created a list of discussed feats, but nevertheless, purely formally, while there is no opinion from the staff, let's evaluate this too:

· Upgrade the levels of Dumbledore, Grindelwald and Voldemort to the mountain level

Agree:
Disagree:
Neutral:
I agree

Agree: LightMoonWizard Cropfist
Disagree:
Neutral:
Sure

Let's start with Voldemort. We know that he easily destroyed the shield of Hogwarts, but nevertheless, he has the level of just a city block. This is very strange considering:
1)
That previously the same Shield could not be destroyed by hundreds of Death eaters who are a level above Wormtail, who blew up the street (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X34HPAxlyd8)
Blowing up a street is not necessarily 8-B, you'd need a calc.

2) If we clarify the fact that the Hogwarts teachers who created this Shield are compared higher than the Aurors who stopped the Grindelwald flame, then the Shield level should obviously be higher than the level of the Grindelwald flame (Since Grindelwald calmly defeated many Aurors alone, and Hogwarts teachers successfully fought Voldemort in a duel.)
Eh. The skills and talents of Hogwarts teachers are not consistent, every wizard sort of has to be judged on their own. Hogwarts has many extremely potent wizards and has had some that aren't particularly skilled at all- I imagine it's the same with Aurors. I don't think this is a strong point.

3) Have you forgotten that Voldemort had an Elder Wand during the destruction of the Hogwarts Shield?
No, that would require me to know it beforehand.

So, she completely disobeyed him, because at that moment she belonged to Harry Potter, but nevertheless Tom was able to destroy the Shield, which suggests that at full strength he can do much more than he showed, despite the fact that at that time he was deprived of more than half of his horcruxes, which weaken him, as he loses part of his soul and the power of magic (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek5qMsXHtU8)
I don't know what you mean here.

And I don't understand why Grindelwald has a higher level than Voldemort, who is said to be the most dangerous dark wizard of all time. And you don't need to come up with the idea that he is the most dangerous just because he has horcruxes. There is absolutely nothing written about this in the books, so we cannot say that this indication completely depends on the existence of Tom's horcruxes:
I think there's something to be said about the bit you were just talking about regarding Voldemort losing some of his magical potency by granting himself immortality. I don't think it's a blatantly false inference.

Now Credence.
'So, in the second part of Fantastic Beasts, we were shown how Credence destroys the mountainside with a spell. But if we read the script for this film, we will see that it does not destroy the mountainside, but cuts the mountain in half in principle (https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/File:U_1LPPCHdX0.jpg). this is firstly.
Oh, and yes, as you can see, in the finale of the second part of Fantastic Beasts, Credence only demonstrates his potential power, that is, he only trains in mastering his abilities immediately after he finds out that he is from Dumbledores. It is written that from this moment on, he will finally be able to control the power of the Obscur and direct it in the right direction and direction, which makes us understand that he can control his power to an indefinite extent, but what he showed in the screenshot is clearly not the peak of his level.
It doesn't say it split the mountain in half.

Secondly, Credence demonstrates the ability to create seismic waves in a duel against Dumbledore. Let me remind you that seismic waves are extremely destructive forces that are manifested by tremors inside mountains and tectonic plates. And, obviously, to create such waves, an appropriate force is required. This is not a simple explosive wave, for example, from a grenade, and not a simple sound wave, but a seismic one, more powerful (https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/File:Gfq4dI6JpnI.jpg).
I mean... it's something, but I don't think it's meant to be taken as a literal earthquake, it's still a concentrated attack at Dumbledore and not a shaking of a city or anything. At least, I wouldn't assume that from that alone. If you had an actual proposal for what to rate this as I could try to tackle that but you don't afford me that, so I have to just vaguely say "sort of".

Should I remind you that at the time of the duel, Credence did not hold back at all? He was ready to destroy the city, but wanted to kill Dumbledore because he believed (according to Grindelwald) that Dumbledore had betrayed him.
based on the above, in my opinion, it is necessary to increase the level of Credence from the quarterly to the level of the city or mountain, depending on if you accept proofs.
Neither, actually. Even if he destroyed a random mountain, that would only be Low 7-B. Even under your argument, he didn't do that- he cut it in half (which he still didn't do)- but per your own argument of the event he didn't even destroy it. The reality of the situation is probably un-calcable given the vagueness of it but probably wouldn't breach Tier 8. Regarding the city, he didn't destroy any city nor is creating a street-wide seismic wave a 7-B feat. You don't have any calcs and you appear to be assigning feats based on their nomenclature rather than the actual values assigned to said tiers, which is strictly not how things work. The names of tiers are approximations, not exact. Destroying a standard mountain is not Mountain Level. Nor did the character destroy a mountain here.

It's the turn of Dumbledore's undiscovered feat, in which he creates an exact replica of Berlin in a mirror dimension (https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/File:MpMd8-QBXzc.jpg).
I was told that this is just Hax and is not an energy potential, but I don't understand why, because creating something requires a certain amount of energy, and magic in the world of Harry Potter is closely related to the energy system. So I'm inclined to raise Dumbledore's level to the city.
It's even referred to as an illusion?

Now let's move on to the indirect sources of Harry Potter, who also flashed some powerful exploits. The well-known explosion of Vesuvius (https://harrypotter.fandom.com/wiki/Mount_Vesuvius), which was made with the help of a dance spell by a random dark wizard, makes you think about the limited power of spells. Therefore, from now on, we will slowly summarize this post;
Helping a volcano blow up is still just a volcano blowing up, we can't know exactly what or how much they did.

Honestly a good feat, but a "hamlet" is normally very small- less than 100 people, it is the smallest type of settlement. His destruction there may well have only encompassed a handful of buildings. Probably on the lower scale of Tier 8, if I had to wager.

Dedalus Diggle caused a meteor shower in the first book and a random wizard in Book of Spells created a tornado to disperse a storm;
Link?

And finally, the most interesting thing that I have collected is how the Moon Lovegood affects Pluto.
She has already shown super-powerful abilities for magic. I do not know if this has been discussed on forums before, but in the Order of the Phoenix, in the Department of Mysteries, in one of the rooms, most likely pocket dimensions, where there was zero gravity and all the signs of space, she blew up Pluto in Death Eater. Of course, I cannot 100% say that it was not a small layout planet, but we just can't do anything find in the text.

“I think her ankle’s broken, I heard something crack,” whispered
Luna, who was bending over her and who alone seemed to be unhurt.
“Four of them chased us into a dark room full of planets, it was a very
odd place, some of the time we were just floating in the dark —”
“Harry, we saw Uranus up close!” said Ron, still giggling feebly.
“Get it, Harry? We saw Uranus — ha ha ha —”
A bubble of blood grew at the corner of Ron’s mouth and burst.
“Anyway, one of them grabbed Ginny’s foot, I used the Reductor
Curse and blew up Pluto in his face, but . . .”
I don't even think you think she blew up an actual to-scale pluto. C'mon man.

So, summing up, I would like to say that in fact wizards have a very powerful and high level, because they are basically not limited by physical conventions (such as, for example, physical laws, they can create something out of nothing). The problem is that most of them just don't want to destroy so many lives, after all, wizards are similar to Muggles in that they have humanity and feelings of compassion and conscience (with the possible exception of Voldemort, but he was obsessed with Harry Potter).

But if we do not take the plot conventions, which just limit wizards in terms of destructive potential and level in general, then we need to raise their level to an indefinite one. I will be glad if we discuss what to do about it. :)
If and when you ever make another CRT like this, you really need to offer some sort of actual proposal besides a general idea that they should be higher. I think about 90% of your evidence here does not properly justify anything the profiles don't currently have, and are rooted in a misunderstanding of the tiering system, which is fine. The hamlet destruction feat might be something and a calc could be done with it but it would have tons of assumptions and wouldn't yield higher than 8-B, of that I am certain.

Blowing up a street is not necessarily 8-B, you'd need a calc.

Eh. The skills and talents of Hogwarts teachers are not consistent, every wizard sort of has to be judged on their own. Hogwarts has many extremely potent wizards and has had some that aren't particularly skilled at all- I imagine it's the same with Aurors. I don't think this is a strong point.

No, that would require me to know it beforehand.

I don't know what you mean here.

I think there's something to be said about the bit you were just talking about regarding Voldemort losing some of his magical potency by granting himself immortality. I don't think it's a blatantly false inference.

It doesn't say it split the mountain in half.

I mean... it's something, but I don't think it's meant to be taken as a literal earthquake, it's still a concentrated attack at Dumbledore and not a shaking of a city or anything. At least, I wouldn't assume that from that alone. If you had an actual proposal for what to rate this as I could try to tackle that but you don't afford me that, so I have to just vaguely say "sort of".

Neither, actually. Even if he destroyed a random mountain, that would only be Low 7-B. Even under your argument, he didn't do that- he cut it in half (which he still didn't do)- but per your own argument of the event he didn't even destroy it. The reality of the situation is probably un-calcable given the vagueness of it but probably wouldn't breach Tier 8. Regarding the city, he didn't destroy any city nor is creating a street-wide seismic wave a 7-B feat. You don't have any calcs and you appear to be assigning feats based on their nomenclature rather than the actual values assigned to said tiers, which is strictly not how things work. The names of tiers are approximations, not exact. Destroying a standard mountain is not Mountain Level. Nor did the character destroy a mountain here.

It's even referred to as an illusion?

Helping a volcano blow up is still just a volcano blowing up, we can't know exactly what or how much they did.

Honestly a good feat, but a "hamlet" is normally very small- less than 100 people, it is the smallest type of settlement. His destruction there may well have only encompassed a handful of buildings. Probably on the lower scale of Tier 8, if I had to wager.

Link?

I don't even think you think she blew up an actual to-scale pluto. C'mon man.

If and when you ever make another CRT like this, you really need to offer some sort of actual proposal besides a general idea that they should be higher. I think about 90% of your evidence here does not properly justify anything the profiles don't currently have, and are rooted in a misunderstanding of the tiering system, which is fine. The hamlet destruction feat might be something and a calc could be done with it but it would have tons of assumptions and wouldn't yield higher than 8-B, of that I am certain.
Thanks for your time, but we've discussed new feats and we have a list of updates on page 3. Can you vote for them?

If you haven't updated the OP, do you have some unified comment that explains all of these (that is, excluding those that appear to just be from the OP)?

If you haven't updated the OP, do you have some unified comment that explains all of these (that is, excluding those that appear to just be from the OP)?
Well, I can write explanations specifically for everyone to make it easier to evaluate:

1. It has been repeatedly claimed that Voldemort is the most dangerous wizard and Dumbledore defeated Grindelwald in a legendary duel.

2. Credence gets this level because in the script he showed the level of destruction of the mountain

3. There is a spell that can lift a mountain out of the ground, bringing it down on the enemy. But since it has been demonstrated once, it cannot be used by other wizards. However, the duel between Dumbledore and Grindelwald has been described as the largest and most legendary among all the others, and obviously among the duel in which the mountain shift spell was used, so the magic of Dumbledore, Grindelwald and Voldemort must be at this level or perhaps higher.

4. Feats from canonical sources were demonstrated in which wizards accidentally or unconventionally used such forms of spells that led to powerful destructive consequences, but it cannot be argued that any other wizard possesses such magic, because Harry Potter is a limited energy system.

5. Dumbledore created a copy of Berlin in the third part of Fantastic Beasts

6. Spells that extend over a huge impact radius (meteor shower, creating copies of cities, creating mists over cities, etc.) have been demonstrated many times. Teleportation allows you to distort space-time in order to instantly move on an urban scale, and portkeys enhance this effect, allowing you to instantly move across continents.

7. Wizards are taught an expansion spell that allows them to expand the space inside objects so that it remains unchanged from the outside (Hermione's purse, Newt's suitcase). Dumbledore and Grindelwald also created a pocket dimension where time was stopped to conduct a duel.

8. We see that in the verse, the power of magic in most cases depends on the power of the wizard (Hagrid ignores some spells and scatters crowds of wizards, it is indicated that he does this with his great power and at the same time uses powerful non-verbal forms of spells, although he is not considered an outstanding student, since he was excluded in the initial courses). Credence is also a good example.

9. Some spells that are tuned to Hax can have destructive power and are controlled by wizards. Expelliarmus is demonstrated as Hax, which allows you to take away a magic wand from a wizard, but if the wizard wants, then a powerful impulse can occur when the spell is struck, which either pushes the wizard against the wall (example with Snape) or destroys the entire ceiling (example with Harry). There are many such examples, but I have given the most obvious one. Moreover, magic comes from spells alone and therefore electrical devices do not work at Hogwarts, since there is a huge accumulation of magical energy there.

10. In the duel, Albus calmly fights with Credence at kinetic speed (physically fights with him on equal terms) in such a way that shock waves spread around them, which destroy the earth and glass. At the same time, Cridens controls the Obscurus and uses it to attack.

11. In the script for the third part of Fantastic Beasts, it was indicated that when Dumbledore and Grindelwald's wands collided, they began to absorb each other's powers. A similar effect was also demonstrated by Voldemort when Ginny began communicating with him through Riddle's Diary.

12. (5:15 - 5:40)

13. Many wizards were in the battle against Obscurus and could influence him through attack (the Aurors blew him up in the first part of Fantastic Beasts) and when Credence cut Newt's shields with his magic.

Last edited:
1. It has been repeatedly claimed that Voldemort is the most dangerous wizard and Dumbledore defeated Grindelwald in a legendary duel.
Alright.

. Credence gets this level because in the script he showed the level of destruction of the mountain
I already addressed this, this isn't Mountain level and would be at best Small City level, however the text doesn't show anything close to that level because it seems to have been a mountainside, not a mountain. Small City level would be the complete fragmentation of a mountain.

3. There is a spell that can lift a mountain out of the ground, bringing it down on the enemy. But since it has been demonstrated once, it cannot be used by other wizards. However, the duel between Dumbledore and Grindelwald has been described as the largest and most legendary among all the others, and obviously among the duel in which the mountain shift spell was used, so the magic of Dumbledore, Grindelwald and Voldemort must be at this level or perhaps higher.
I'd like to ask for the scan for that, if you're telling me new things, because I can't really judge it. This could be a huge variety of tiers depending on what exactly is shown/said. This request for scans, by the way, goes for all of these- you can't just say something is so, you must show me that it is so.

4. Feats from canonical sources were demonstrated in which wizards accidentally or unconventionally used such forms of spells that led to powerful destructive consequences, but it cannot be argued that any other wizard possesses such magic, because Harry Potter is a limited energy system.
?

5. Dumbledore created a copy of Berlin in the third part of Fantastic Beasts
I addressed this before, as well. No.

6. Spells that extend over a huge impact radius (meteor shower, creating copies of cities, creating mists over cities, etc.) have been demonstrated many times. Teleportation allows you to distort space-time in order to instantly move on an urban scale, and portkeys enhance this effect, allowing you to instantly move across continents.
Not all of them are as you present them, however. I don't know what teleportation has to do with tiering.

7. Wizards are taught an expansion spell that allows them to expand the space inside objects so that it remains unchanged from the outside (Hermione's purse, Newt's suitcase). Dumbledore and Grindelwald also created a pocket dimension where time was stopped to conduct a duel.
This also has nothing to do with tiering.

8. We see that in the verse, the power of magic in most cases depends on the power of the wizard (Hagrid ignores some spells and scatters crowds of wizards, it is indicated that he does this with his great power and at the same time uses powerful non-verbal forms of spells, although he is not considered an outstanding student, since he was excluded in the initial courses). Credence is also a good example.
alrighty. Wizards can be powerful, understood.

9. Some spells that are tuned to Hax can have destructive power and are controlled by wizards. Expelliarmus is demonstrated as Hax, which allows you to take away a magic wand from a wizard, but if the wizard wants, then a powerful impulse can occur when the spell is struck, which either pushes the wizard against the wall (example with Snape) or destroys the entire ceiling (example with Harry). There are many such examples, but I have given the most obvious one. Moreover, magic comes from spells alone and therefore electrical devices do not work at Hogwarts, since there is a huge accumulation of magical energy there.
I'm not really sure why you're telling me this, but again, understood.

10. In the duel, Albus calmly fights with Credence at kinetic speed (physically fights with him on equal terms) in such a way that shock waves spread around them, which destroy the earth and glass. At the same time, Cridens controls the Obscurus and uses it to attack.
I addressed this too, this is a feat but probably lower than Dumbledore's current tiering.

12. (5:15 - 5:40)
According to Wikipedia (there's not many sources on this game), this game was in the Harry Potter universe as an in-universe set of fables and metaphors that were meant to teach students at Hogwarts about spells and interpretations of them. This is not a canon event that actually occurred, it would be similar to adding Little Red Riding Hood as a real character to the Real Life verse page on the wiki.

13. Many wizards were in the battle against Obscurus and could influence him through attack (the Aurors blew him up in the first part of Fantastic Beasts) and when Credence cut Newt's shields with his magic.
I don't know the significance of this.

In the future, I encourage you to be a bit more organized with all of this and to present your sources from the get-go. As it stands, I reject most of this, as the evidence that is presented is mostly failing to uphold the tiers requested. The mountain-moving spell is very likely something, I shall await you bringing me evidence on that front.

It's called under the illusion because credence thinks he's fighting albus in the real world while not knowing he's in a different dimension that dumbledore created.
Yes, but as it turned out, it was a real physical copy of Berlin, which ordinary people do not see, because it was in the mirror dimension
sVpTEkN1RK4.jpg

I already addressed this, this isn't Mountain level and would be at best Small City level, however the text doesn't show anything close to that level because it seems to have been a mountainside, not a mountain. Small City level would be the complete fragmentation of a mountain.
Yes, I noted that this is the level of the city and only POSSIBLY the mountain. We spent a lot of time discussing this topic with the guys, and half of us say that he did not destroy the mountainside, but specifically the mountain. The mountainside was destroyed in the film, and the mountain in the script.
I'd like to ask for the scan for that, if you're telling me new things, because I can't really judge it. This could be a huge variety of tiers depending on what exactly is shown/said. This request for scans, by the way, goes for all of these- you can't just say something is so, you must show me that it is so.
Sorry, I didn't have much time to collect all the evidence from our topic at that time, so I wrote the answer in a hurry.
https://harrypotter.fandom.com/wiki/Mountain-moving_spell
fwkp1I0OZCw.jpg

I'm talking about the explosion of the village and about this https://harrypotter.fandom.com/wiki/Mount_Vesuvius
I addressed this before, as well. No.
Even with the excuse of a creation spell? It's just that many people agree with this, but not on the attacking force
Not all of them are as you present them, however. I don't know what teleportation has to do with tiering.
Isn't that a great indicator? Meteor showers occur at an altitude of 100 kilometers. Teleportation has nothing to do with the level, just as a fact that needs to be taken into account
ThDM9be3Fks.jpg

This also has nothing to do with tiering.
We are talking about abilities now.
I'm not really sure why you're telling me this, but again, understood.
It's just that it can affect the scaling of spells on each other.
I addressed this too, this is a feat but probably lower than Dumbledore's current tiering.
Yes, but nevertheless, Albus fights with Credence not with magic, but physically. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/File:FANTASTIC_BEASTS_(2022)_Credence_vs_Albus_Dumbledore_fight_Scene_-_YouTube_и_еще_54_страницы_—_Личный_Microsoft_Edge_2024-02-25_02-01-13.mp4
pBTY-ca9lL0.jpg

According to Wikipedia (there's not many sources on this game), this game was in the Harry Potter universe as an in-universe set of fables and metaphors that were meant to teach students at Hogwarts about spells and interpretations of them. This is not a canon event that actually occurred, it would be similar to adding Little Red Riding Hood as a real character to the Real Life verse page on the wiki.
However, we cannot claim that the feats are non-canonical. Moreover, this game was handled by Rowling herself, so it should be canonical relative to the original series. https://harrypotter.fandom.com/wiki/Wonderbook:_Book_of_Spells
I don't know the significance of this.
It's just that earlier, Credence was a unique wizard who for some reason did not scale to the rest, which caused some difficulties for the other wizards to represent the levels. Therefore, it needs to be fixed
In the future, I encourage you to be a bit more organized with all of this and to present your sources from the get-go. As it stands, I reject most of this, as the evidence that is presented is mostly failing to uphold the tiers requested. The mountain-moving spell is very likely something, I shall await you bringing me evidence on that front.
Yes, you have already been sent a video clip with a mountain feat

Ah, shucks.

In that case yeah, essentially every feat of note here is invalid one way or the other (either from being non-canon or just not being as high as the thread suggests).
Are you saying that this feat does not reach the mountain level?

Huh? The game was meant to be the closest a Muggle can come to a real spellbook. And the backstories on the book's various spells are canon event as they were written by rowling.

Huh? The game was meant to be the closest a Muggle can come to a real spellbook. And the backstories on the book's various spells are canon event as they were written by rowling.
Neither of those contradict what I said?

Are you saying that this feat does not reach the mountain level?
Even if they had a direct statement that they shattered a mountain, it would not be mountain level. It would be Small City level. However, they do not have such a feat. You already know this, as the film shows it.

I'm talking about the explosion of the village and about this https://harrypotter.fandom.com/wiki/Mount_Vesuvius
Explosion of the hamlet might be something but it's probably lower than High 8-C since, again, hamlets are specifically any collection of buildings with a population under 100 people. Vesuvius is not their own destruction, it is awakening an already active volcano.

Isn't that a great indicator? Meteor showers occur at an altitude of 100 kilometers. Teleportation has nothing to do with the level, just as a fact that needs to be taken into account
I don't really know what you mean?

Your own scan says he hit him with a spell, not physically assaulted him. Also, what is actually shown in the movie is more important than the script, unless the script is used to clarify, not contradict.

However, we cannot claim that the feats are non-canonical. Moreover, this game was handled by Rowling herself, so it should be canonical relative to the original series. https://harrypotter.fandom.com/wiki/Wonderbook:_Book_of_Spells
Yes, we can, and the fact that they were written by Rowling means nothing to me. My point is that by the in-universe reckoning, these are not events that literally transpired- they are stories, metaphors, fables. They are no more real than Paul Bunyan, Goldilocks or Hansel and Gretel.

It's just that earlier, Credence was a unique wizard who for some reason did not scale to the rest, which caused some difficulties for the other wizards to represent the levels. Therefore, it needs to be fixed
This specific thing, is fine. I have no problem with Credence scaling somewhat to Dumbledore.

Neither of those contradict what I said?
I agree with LightMoonWizard
Even if they had a direct statement that they shattered a mountain, it would not be mountain level. It would be Small City level. However, they do not have such a feat. You already know this, as the film shows it.
But after all, in the video excerpt it is indicated that the wizard takes out a whole mountain from the ground. Isn't this a mountain level? What do films have to do with it if we are discussing other equally canonical sources?
Explosion of the hamlet might be something but it's probably lower than High 8-C since, again, hamlets are specifically any collection of buildings with a population under 100 people. Vesuvius is not their own destruction, it is awakening an already active volcano.
In any case, the explosion of the volcano is higher than the wizards currently have, so this needs to be taken into account.
I don't really know what you mean?
What I'm saying is that you need to increase the range of spells in wizard profiles
Your own scan says he hit him with a spell, not physically assaulted him. Also, what is actually shown in the movie is more important than the script, unless the script is used to clarify, not contradict.
We discussed this feat with the guys, but none of us can say for sure whether Credence or Albus used magic then, because they collide physically and the earth breaks up exactly and exactly when the wizards collide. Why should movies be more important than scripts? This is strange. Then we have to say that the Harry Potter films are more canonical than the books, because the script for the films is identical to the books. And judge for yourself, this is strange, because films are based on a script that the director can change or somehow edit it in favor of the film. Moreover, we have examples of using scripts or text sources as a more canonical source than a film adaptation or movie. In any case, it has been decided that the profiles of the characters from Harry Potter will be divided into book and film versions. Accordingly, the scenario versions should relate to the book versions.
Yes, we can, and the fact that they were written by Rowling means nothing to me. My point is that by the in-universe reckoning, these are not events that literally transpired- they are stories, metaphors, fables. They are no more real than Paul Bunyan, Goldilocks or Hansel and Gretel.
Why can we, if Rowling wrote it? And the events there are real, comparable to what happens in the original series. I really don't understand why for you the works that Rowling didn't write are more canonical than those that she wrote. Excuse me

It means that the stories literally happened in the verse.
But they didn't, so.

It's pretty much all that matters to make it canon. If rowling wrote or approved it it's canon.
It's official. It's not events that actually transpired. Rowling herself wrote it like this.

I agree with LightMoonWizard
Happy for you.

But after all, in the video excerpt it is indicated that the wizard takes out a whole mountain from the ground. Isn't this a mountain level? What do films have to do with it if we are discussing other equally canonical sources?
It isn't, no. We have a whole page going over it, even if we skewed this and took it wrong, it still wouldn't be Mountain level.

In any case, the explosion of the volcano is higher than the wizards currently have, so this needs to be taken into account.
Done, already.

What I'm saying is that you need to increase the range of spells in wizard profiles
A portkey isn't a spell, though, nor would that scale to all spells.

We discussed this feat with the guys, but none of us can say for sure whether Credence or Albus used magic then, because they collide physically and the earth breaks up exactly and exactly when the wizards collide. Why should movies be more important than scripts? This is strange. Then we have to say that the Harry Potter films are more canonical than the books, because the script for the films is identical to the books. And judge for yourself, this is strange, because films are based on a script that the director can change or somehow edit it in favor of the film. Moreover, we have examples of using scripts or text sources as a more canonical source than a film adaptation or movie. In any case, it has been decided that the profiles of the characters from Harry Potter will be divided into book and film versions. Accordingly, the scenario versions should relate to the book versions.
The text says it was a spell. The movie shows it as a spell. What do you really want from me? And also, what the hell do you mean "why should the movies be more important than scripts"? The movie shows the end result, what actually was decided upon and produced- the script is a medium for the actors to get to that point. You're spewing nonsense- the books aren't equatable to the script lmao, I can't even take this point seriously.

Why can we, if Rowling wrote it? And the events there are real, comparable to what happens in the original series. I really don't understand why for you the works that Rowling didn't write are more canonical than those that she wrote. Excuse me
I encourage you to read my words, they actually go over this. Rowling wrote for the game, yes. Rowling wrote the game as in-universe metaphors and fables. This is my third time saying this, man, I just want you to read it once.

Conclusion: I reject the CRT. What feats are legitimate are many leagues lower than the CRT wants them to be. The CRT wants to take scripts as being above both the actual result of said scripts and, ostensibly, the books too, all in the name of fishing for upgrades, a practice I find dishonest- the CRT suggests ignoring the actual effects of spells and operating on vague indicators from technical texts (that is, scripts) and holding them to be the primary canon for some godforsaken reason. There's no sense in any of this. There are a small range of things in this CRT that may bear legitimate consideration but they are severely outweighed by the rest of the CRT's inaccuracies. This is my final evaluation, g'day.

But they didn't, so.

It's official. It's not events that actually transpired. Rowling herself wrote it like this.

Happy for you.

It isn't, no. We have a whole page going over it, even if we skewed this and took it wrong, it still wouldn't be Mountain level.

Done, already.

A portkey isn't a spell, though, nor would that scale to all spells.

The text says it was a spell. The movie shows it as a spell. What do you really want from me? And also, what the hell do you mean "why should the movies be more important than scripts"? The movie shows the end result, what actually was decided upon and produced- the script is a medium for the actors to get to that point. You're spewing nonsense- the books aren't equatable to the script lmao, I can't even take this point seriously.

I encourage you to read my words, they actually go over this. Rowling wrote for the game, yes. Rowling wrote the game as in-universe metaphors and fables. This is my third time saying this, man, I just want you to read it once.

Conclusion: I reject the CRT. What feats are legitimate are many leagues lower than the CRT wants them to be. The CRT wants to take scripts as being above both the actual result of said scripts and, ostensibly, the books too, all in the name of fishing for upgrades, a practice I find dishonest- the CRT suggests ignoring the actual effects of spells and operating on vague indicators from technical texts (that is, scripts) and holding them to be the primary canon for some godforsaken reason. There's no sense in any of this. There are a small range of things in this CRT that may bear legitimate consideration but they are severely outweighed by the rest of the CRT's inaccuracies. This is my final evaluation, g'day.
Can you write in one text what you agree and disagree with (perhaps with a postscript), responding to the updates that are presented on page 3? It'll be easier that way, thanks. Or do you disagree with absolutely everything?

It is said that that spell could cause a mountain to erupt out of earth and collapse on Elizabeth's head. So it is likely not a natural mountain, but rather a mountain magically created/raised from the earth. And if that mountain were real size, it would also crush the jury, the caster, and everyone else within a 500-meter radius. It wouldn't be a very logical move.

Since we are not going anywhere with this, I also opted to wait for staff members to weigh in on both sides.
My intention when writing this was not to prove that the feat was City level, but to show that even as an absolute high-end, the feat wouldn't be Mountain level like some posts seemed to imply. My opinion is, and has always been, that Credence very likely didn't destroy the whole mountain, and I think James makes perfect sense here.
Could you vote for upgrading Dumbledore, Grindelwald and Voldemort levels to Mountain?

I am in agreement with some feats being as the CRT suggests them to be (such as the destruction of the hamlet) although we cannot use those without some sort of acceptable calculation first. I am in agreement that some magical effects can have longer range (such as the portkeys), although I would disagree with this scaling to normal spells for obvious reasons. I am neutral-leaning-agree regarding Credence's scaling.

It is said that that spell could cause a mountain to erupt out of earth and collapse on Elizabeth's head. So it is likely not a natural mountain, but rather a mountain magically created/raised from the earth. And if that mountain were real size, it would also crush the jury, the caster, and everyone else within a 500-meter radius. It wouldn't be a very logical move.
Oh, hello. Well, I don't think the creators of the game bothered with this question. If we talk about this topic, it is not indicated anywhere that this is an artificial mountain. A wizard could pull such a huge piece of stone out of the ground the size of a mountain, and at the moment just teleport. In any case, there is a powerful earthquake at the moment of casting the spell, so I think this is normal. Could you also vote for the list of updates on page 3?

Couldn't it mean that the mountain was yanked/broken out of the earth?
The jury and audience was fearing what the duelsit would do after he blew everyone away with a cyclone and tried to award him as the winner by asking Elizabeth to surrender so it seems logical.

I am in agreement with some feats being as the CRT suggests them to be (such as the destruction of the hamlet) although we cannot use those without some sort of acceptable calculation first. I am in agreement that some magical effects can have longer range (such as the portkeys), although I would disagree with this scaling to normal spells for obvious reasons. I am neutral-leaning-agree regarding Credence's scaling.
I was asked to comment here, and these are basically my thoughts. I don't agree with mountain level, but Credence's scaling makes sense.

Oh, hello. Well, I don't think the creators of the game bothered with this question. If we talk about this topic, it is not indicated anywhere that this is an artificial mountain. A wizard could pull such a huge piece of stone out of the ground the size of a mountain, and at the moment just teleport. In any case, there is a powerful earthquake at the moment of casting the spell, so I think this is normal. Could you also vote for the list of updates on page 3?
Still, it is very illogical. So, if he kills not only judges, but also hundreds of people, he will most likely be disqualified and not win the competition. All his victories so far would be in vain. And really, if they can't spot a simple plot hole like this, they shouldn't be making games.

Still, it is very illogical. So, if he kills not only judges, but also hundreds of people, he will most likely be disqualified and not win the competition. All his victories so far would be in vain. And really, if they can't spot a simple plot hole like this, they shouldn't be making games.
And, again, I don't think the creators of the game just thought about it. We were just shown that a wizard can be very powerful and dangerous. And this is obviously not a perfectly presented visual accompaniment of a 1-scale battle 1:1. After all, he couldn't pronounce the spell to the end, so everything is fine :)

Back