• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some thoughts on the Harry Potter profiles

Harry Potter is a Limited Energy System.

It says that he caused a great storm cloud to descend from the sky. He moved a cloud down to surface level, which is not the same as creating a storm.

This is wrong, as it uses the values from the last calc. The damage it did does not fit with this attack potency either.

But they're non-canon characters doing it.

Dumbledore outskilled Credence, so this showing says nothing about Dumbledore's attack potency. All we know is that he is able to block attacks from Credence. Credence's obscurus is also portrayed as exceptionally powerful, so it wouldn't be illogical for it to be more powerful offensively than Dumbledore.

Of course, it was more so to show that different interpretations were possible. On further thought, the screenplay says that Credence breaks apart the mountain, not that he destroys it. I think this is even more ambiguous.
Hmm, I'd argue for it to be non physical energy system but seems like this wiki already has chosen it to be limited energy system.

Guess that's right(Weird how the cloud comes out of the wizards wand tho)

I know, but you didn't seem to know abt any storm feats from wizards so i also mentioned them too.

Outskilled and overpowered, but it won't matter anymore cause this wiki puts hp magic into limited energy system. So since we don't know if dumbledores ap scales to his dura, he can't break through Gunnar Grimson's shield charm just because he also blocked ragging credence's attack with his offensive magic when he's the most powerful wizards of the verse? Seems very flawed.

"Breaks apart" "Destroy" very similar but destroy feeling more extreme.

Hmm, I'd argue for it to be non physical energy system but seems like this wiki already has chosen it to be limited energy system.
I'm not really an expert on this, but the current placement seems logical enough to me.
Guess that's right(Weird how the cloud comes out of the wizards wand tho)
Yeah, the video and words aren't always completely in agreement.
I know, but you didn't seem to know abt any storm feats from wizards so i also mentioned them too.
Ah, that's understandable.
Outskilled and overpowered, but it won't matter anymore cause this wiki puts hp magic into limited energy system. So since we don't know if dumbledores ap scales to his dura, he can't break through Gunnar Grimson's shield charm just because he also blocked ragging credence's attack with his offensive magic when he's the most powerful wizards of the verse? Seems very flawed.
Sorry if I didn't understand this properly, but less powerful wizards have blocked attacks from Dumbledore, Voldemort and Grindelwald.
"Breaks apart" "Destroy" very similar but destroy feeling more extreme.
Yeah, agreed.

Sorry if I didn't understand this properly, but less powerful wizards have blocked attacks from Dumbledore, Voldemort and Grindelwald.
They are god tiers, literally top of the verse, a league of themselves. Gunnar is legit some bounty hunter who's a mid-high tier and credence isn't a god tier but a high tier at best all because he can cause mass destruction spontaneously in his obscurus form and he lacks countless abilities and hax that other high tiers have.

They are god tiers, literally top of the verse, a league of themselves. Gunnar is legit some bounty hunter who's a mid-high tier and credence isn't a god tier but a high tier at best all because he can cause mass destruction spontaneously in his obscurus form and he lacks countless abilities and hax that other high tiers have.
I don't really see the problem. Just because Grimmson would be able to block an explosion spell from Dumbledore, doesn't mean that Dumbledore isn't far more skilled and knowledgable, or that he won't be able to defeat Grimmson easily if they were to duel. Bellatrix, for example, blocked a spell from Dumbledore, but he stomped her anyway, by animating statues.

I don't really see the problem. Just because Grimmson would be able to block an explosion spell from Dumbledore, doesn't mean that Dumbledore isn't far more skilled and knowledgable, or that he won't be able to defeat Grimmson easily if they were to duel. Bellatrix, for example, blocked a spell from Dumbledore, but he stomped her anyway, by animating statues.
I do, cause then everyone one gunnars lvl should be safe from god tiers potent attack. Even harrys shield charm that could block voldemorts spell was broken by dolohov's unique curse while blocking other spells.
And bellatrix mostly likely blocked a binding sprll from dumbledore since he was just capturing death eaters and nullifing them all together. If the god tiers most potent spell aka their peak attack potency can't overpower some mid tiers shield charm just because we assume that shield charms dura won't scale to the power of their offensive spells, that's some serious flaw cause shield charms aren't that successful all the time. And It should be estimated that their ap and dura of the shield charms are in similar lvl.

Last edited:
I'm not sure there's that strong of a distinction though compared to the OG books.
Well the fb scripts and the movies don't have the same amount of difference between the og books and the movies there still are left out things tho. I personally don't care cause I'm even fine with the movies and books profiles getting combined

And in the book of spells, the wizards starts to utter a long a complex incantation that if it was done it would make a mountain erupt out of the earth and collapse over the witch he's dueling. Isn't this quite impressive?

I do, cause then everyone one gunnars lvl should be safe from god tiers potent attack.
Why would that be a problem when they still get outskilled, outsmarted and out-haxed?
Even harrys shield charm that could block voldemorts spell was broken by dolohov's unique curse while blocking other spells.
The curse from Dolohov was mostly blocked by Harry's shield charm, he only felt the spell, without it having too much of an effect on him. Harry also had two more years of experience when he blocked Voldemort's spells.
And bellatrix mostly likely blocked a binding sprll from dumbledore since he was just capturing death eaters and nullifing them all together.
Of course, but she was still able to shield herself and Dumbledore beat her anyway. That's my point.

Why would that be a problem when they still get outskilled, outsmarted and out-haxed?

The curse from Dolohov was mostly blocked by Harry's shield charm, he only felt the spell, without it having too much of an effect on him. Harry also had two more years of experience when he blocked Voldemort's spells.

Of course, but she was still able to shield herself and Dumbledore beat her anyway. That's my point.
It still passed harrys shield charm which means it overpowered the shield ultimately. And harry year5 vs dolohov gap isn't even close to being huge as gunnar vs god tiers.

I get your point on that but not all duels are in that scenario.

It still passed harrys shield charm which means it overpowered the shield ultimately. And harry year5 vs dolohov gap isn't even close to being huge as gunnar vs god tiers.
I understand where you're coming from, but I think this could probably be attributed to some sort of hax, like Avada Kedavra passing through shields.
I get your point on that but not all duels are in that scenario.
Of course, I agree on that.

I understand where you're coming from, but I think this could probably be attributed to some sort of hax, like Avada Kedavra passing through shields.
I seriesouly doubt it's a shield charm bypass hax cause that only exist for the Killing curse or the unforgivables and nothing that is hinted for dolohovs curse

I seriesouly doubt it's a shield charm bypass hax cause that only exist for the Killing curse or the unforgivables and nothing that is hinted for dolohovs curse
I'm just trying to make sense of it. As it is a largely unknown curse, I don't think it's too far-fetched. Also, Dumbledore likely used a spell that bypassed shield charms in his duel against Voldemort, as Voldemort was forced to conjure a real shield, so it's not like it's exclusive to Avada Kedavra.

I'm just trying to make sense of it. As it is a largely unknown curse, I don't think it's too far-fetched. Also, Dumbledore likely used a spell that bypassed shield charms in his duel against Voldemort, as Voldemort was forced to conjure a real shield, so it's not like it's exclusive to Avada Kedavra.
Kind of a stretch imo. If it was supposed to bypass or negate any bit of the shield charm it would've done much more harm on harry since hermione even when hit by a non verbal one had to take pills and would've not survived it if it were to be verbal so the curse could just be powerful in it's raw output itself which make more sense since the curses power was weakened after wasting it's most on getting through the shield charn. And there is a theory that dumbledore's spell was somesort of a horcrux location or infomation revealing spell if it hit voldemort or his magical energy. So it might've tracked voldemorts magic or it's energy whatever and so instead of using the shield charm which is pure magic, he summons a silver shield which has no magic within it. But this as well as other things are all fan theory so we can't actually assume any of our guesses as real

Last edited:
Kind of a stretch imo. If it was supposed to bypass or negate any bit of the shield charm it would've done much more harm on hermione since hermione even when hit by a non verbal one had to take pills and would've not survived it if it were to be verbal so the curse could just be powerful in it's raw output itself which make more sense since the curses power was weakened after wasting it's most on getting through the shield charn. And there is a theory that dumbledore's spell was somesort of a horcrux location or infomation revealing spell if it hit voldemort or his magical energy. So it might've tracked voldemorts magic or it's energy whatever and so instead of using the shield charm which is pure magic, he summons a silver shield which has no magic within it. But this as well as other things are all fan theory so we can't actually assume any of our guesses as real
Yeah, I agree that it's speculation. I think you make sense here, so I'll just say that it's either some sort of partially-shield-bypassing-hax or that Harry's shield charm just wasn't good enough yet.

They argue about whether someone who can penetrate someone's magical shield can scale to other spells that that shield can withstand. Previously, since Dumbledore blocked some off Credence's spells, they were debating whether Dumbledore could scale to full magical power of Credence, so they moved on to this.

Right, so High 8-C should be the appropriate rating then based on the Fantastic Beast movie feats?

EDIT: Actually it seems like Grindelwald's feat was 8-C in the end.

Last edited:
Has the credence mountain bust been recalced yet? since as I've stated earlier, the blast is shown to be getting bigger so trying to use it to scale the mountain size is weird, also there are trees next to the mountain which would give a far more accurate result because last I checked, head's aren't bigger than trees.

Add fate manipulation to voldemorts profile due to his feat of placing a jinx on the job of the professor of defense against the dark arts

Last edited:
Was it ever stated that what Dumbledore created was a pocket dimension? Anyway, it likely wouldn't be applicable to attack potency for the same reasons I've argued the mist feat isn't. As I mentioned, it's still a great illusion/creation feat, though.
Yes, that was definitely the case. In the book about the third part of Fantastic Beasts (https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/File:MpMd8-QBXzc.jpg), it was written that Dumbledore created a copy of Berlin in a physically mirrored world, invisible to ordinary people. Roughly speaking, he recreated the city in a pocket dimension. I believe this is applicable in combat, at least it can be considered an energy potential and destructive force.

Overall, I agree that magic can reach much higher levels of attack potency in specific circumstances, but generally, it caps at Large Building level. Thus, my suggestion is that we add this to the Wizarding World verse page, but don't scale any characters to these feats. Something like "The verse generally ranges from Wall level to Large Building level, though there have been instances of accidental or unconventional use of magic reaching [whatever tier Alderton's feat is] or even [whatever tier Innocenti's feat is]."
I agree with you in principle, but it seems to me that wizards specifically do not use too powerful spells. As we know, they are basically not limited by physical conventions, that is, they can break laws and create everything out of nothing. The problem is that most of them just don't want to destroy so many lives, after all, wizards are similar to Muggles in that they have humanity and feelings of compassion and conscience (with the possible exception of Voldemort, but he was obsessed with Harry Potter).

And if you take the same Luna Lovegood as an example, she has already shown super-powerful abilities for magic. I do not know if this has been discussed on forums before, but in the Order of the Phoenix, in the Department of Mysteries, in one of the rooms, most likely pocket dimensions, where there was zero gravity and all the signs of space, she blew up Pluto in Death Eater. Of course, I cannot 100% say that it was not a small layout planet, but we just can't do anything find in the text.

“I think her ankle’s broken, I heard something crack,” whispered
Luna, who was bending over her and who alone seemed to be unhurt.
“Four of them chased us into a dark room full of planets, it was a very
odd place, some of the time we were just floating in the dark —”
“Harry, we saw Uranus up close!” said Ron, still giggling feebly.
“Get it, Harry? We saw Uranus — ha ha ha —”
A bubble of blood grew at the corner of Ron’s mouth and burst.
“Anyway, one of them grabbed Ginny’s foot, I used the Reductor
Curse and blew up Pluto in his face, but . . .”

Разрушение горы не обязательно означает, что вся гора разрушена, что подтверждается киноверсией событий.
I read the entire thread of messages about the destruction of the mountain by Cridens, but I also want to add that he demonstrated in the script for the third part of Fantastic Beasts (https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/File:Gfq4dI6JpnI.jpg) how he creates seismic waves, in my opinion, by running normally. I don't know if this will affect his level, but it's clearly something that should give at least a hint of a high level of power. It seems to have been shown in the movies.

Back