• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skill Wars: The Last Skill Thread

She definitely doesn't reach the same level as the bois in 6th place, going by Kuroki alone. While Garou is definitely better than Tim Drake, I'd say he's only slightly above Nightwing, and around the same level as Batman.

Tim Drake << Nightwing </= Batman << Connor Hawke << Cain, Dragon, and Shiva

Not sure how to compare them to Vash, since he's all marksmanship

Yeah, Vash is definitely a hard one to pin due to the nature of his skill. His analytical skill like analyzing information, making predictions, and his precision are insanely good, but his precision is the only thing he has that's top 10 worthy honestly. Just went over Kuroki again recently and yeah, the man is a great gatekeeper for top 5 for sure

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Tim Drake has stalemated Nightwing, iirc beaten Shiva twice, and a future version him beat the entire Batfam including his past self single handily.
Is this consistent with the rest of his showings, or an outlier?

Consistent, after looking under his feats. He's been trained by and beat Lady Shiva & those she considers worthy, beaten Shen Chi, his former master, stomped Damian after he got the jump on him, and trained under Cassandra, along with the last feat I mentioned.

He and Cass should definitely be a cut above the rest.

The usual scaling chain is most consistently as I've described. There are always exceptions, simply due to the long-running nature of the comics, but the usual state is that Nightwing is the most skilled Robin, Batman still slightly beats him, and Connor Hawke is the border between the rest of the verse and the three god tiers.

One of Tim Drake's best showings is his fight with Jason Todd where it repeatedly shows and tells that Jason is stronger and better equipped, Tim is more agile and tricky, and their skill compared to each other constantly fluctuates over the course of the fight, with Tim usually having the edge (I just haven't gathered Jason Todd feats yet). In the same fight, Tim has an internal monologue about how difficult it's gonna be to beat him, ending it with "Of course, Grayson would be kicking his ass right now"

As far as Tim Drake beating Shiva, Shiva is constantly holding back for fun and to test people. The one time he legitimately beat her it was a feat of trickery rather than skill, and it was also treated as a feat for Shiva in that Robin could tell just by the look in her eyes that it wouldn't ever work again, and if they fight again he's dead no matter what.

However, Tim is consistently described as having the most potential out of the Robins, and is the one who will most surpass Batman someday, even if he hasn't yet.

Additionally, his only other victories against Shiva were one where she was poisoned, and one where he was hopped up on a drug that increased his speed. It also noted iirc that with his enhanced speed he couldn't control his body and accidentally killed Shiva (temporarily), but when Shiva used the same drug later she gained perfect control immediately.

Very fair. It can definitely be taken as a feat for Robin and most certainly puts him above the usual whole of the DC-verse, but he's not very consistently at the top except in hypothetical scenarios of him surpassing Batman.

For what it's worth, Shiva did later evaluate Robin in a fight with someone else and compliment him, telling him that when he's a little older he'll be worth killing. Something she never even said to Azrael.

Seems reasonable. Would you agree on the point of where Garou would fall on this list? Most of Nightwing's feats fall just short of his, and he and Batman beat each other in different areas, going off of Garou's feats in earlier threads

Shiva is in 7th and Mihawk is now above Future Warrior, as that was decided like 3 threads ago and forgot to make the change

Creaturemaster971 said:
Are we planning to hold off on discussions of Mifune and the Reaper until after the forum move?
We can discuss Mifune and ol' Reapy here and now, the thread move doesn't really affect this chain (worst case scenario, I have a backup of the most recent placements on my phone)

You guys can sometime make a pure swordsmanship ranking, only taking swordsmanship feats into account, talking about parries, blocks, pirouettes, precision et cetera et cetera. Or martial arts. That would be interesting.

@Spooky I'd be down for that. Keep the skill threads alive.

Or just for fun, we could do an unquantifiable skill statements thread and let chaos ensue. In which case, my money's on SCP-076 and Musashi.

IMO some of stuff mentioned as skill there shouldn't really be considered as "skill"... But I'll sometime do a thread on that probably.

Back