• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skill Wars: A New Skill

Creaturemaster971 said:
Oth place
Eyeballing it, probably alongside Jin Mori. I'd like to place them alongside Yujiro, but I'll wait a bit before getting that ambitious.

Here's my quandary...

I think that most of the stuff the other top tiers can do is possible for at least one Servant, and Musahi and Kojirou outskill all of them concurrently (specifically Zero Musashi and Infinity Kojirou, who have never been fully depicted fighting onscreen)

Is it worth mentioning that Musashi and Kojirou's duel caused a skill paradox that warped them into a dimension of eternal dueling where they would have fought forever, improving past infinity all the while?
Jin is a safe place, and they can always get higher later.

My brain just deflated

Jax, while holding back and fighting casually, skill stomps people who:

Jax's skill scaling

• Akali: Trained since she could walk to be a master assassin, surpassed her mother in skill in a few years with her mother training to be a master ninja for decades to reach her current level, has such precise knowledge of ways to kill that she knows every single pressure point in the human body and can pinpoint hit them from across a room filled with thick smoke, and is so skilled that despite having no magic or supernatural powers whatsoever she's considered equally as lethal as guys who can manipulate lightning, control shadows, and cut space.
  • Shen (League of Legends): Trained since birth to be a master ninja with a specialty in hyperanalysis precise enough to, in a crowded, busy ballroom, instantly deduce that a target was half a finger length too far way for him to be able to attack the moment he saw his target, despite said target being a master of stealth able to disguise himself with shadow ninjutsu techniques and actively avoiding detection.
  • Kay: Is skilled to the point that he mastered every single weapon used in martial arts in an extremely short amount of time, whereas it normally takes people several years of training to become proficient in a single weapon, and is so skilled in hand-to-hand combat that he can fight barehanded to the same if not a greater proficiency and willingly did so before he found his signature scythe, and also learned mastered shadow ninjutsu in weeks where normal students require years just to learn the basics.
  • Yasuo: Learned Wind Style, a form of natural wind manipulation that is so close to actual magic that his techniques were mistaken for an actual wind magic attack, through sheer skill without using any magic and was the only person in a generation to master it as just a child. He is also able to, with just a few glances at a person even while he is fighting three other people at the same time, break down a person's entire fighting style with all of their strengths and weaknesses even if that person is vastly more skilled than himself.
  • Lee Si: Is a master of Ionia's martial arts, and just by listening to the movement and breathing of three men he was able to determine that one had lung disease, one had a weak heart that would give out in less than a year, and one had an injured spine that forced him to walk slightly more on his left side. He can also detect even the slightest of flaws in the fighting styles of any opponent just by listening to them fight.
  • Rive is a highly skilled swordswoman, having trained since childhood in swordsmanship and having the natural skill to quickly learn how to wield a blade larger than herself with deadly efficiency. Her skill is such that the Noxian High Command even recognized her as one of their most skilled soldiers, granting her a runic sword enchanted by LeBlanc to wield in combat, something that is only done for the best of the best of the best (With the Noxian military being tens of millions strong). Even years after her self-exile after the end of the Noxian occupation of Ionia she retained her skill, having kept up with a swordsman as skilled as Yasuo blow for blow in single combat.
  • Katarina Du Couteau: is credited as being one of the most skilled and deadliest blade masters in all of Valoran, able to match Garen Crownguard (The greatest swordsman in the nation of Demacia) blow for blow on multiple occasions. She is a highly proficient and elite assassin, having been hand picked by Swain, and she is capable of using virtually anything as a tool to kill someone with. She is also a master of controlling her environment, having extensive knowledge of misdirection tactics, a mastery of how to use the enemy's instincts against them, and a highly adaptive combat style that has allowed her to take on multiple opponents in direct combat on multiple occasions.
  • Talon (League of Legends): Is widely recognized as being only slightly less skilled than Katarina, with dozens of Noxus' best assassins being outskilled and killed by him due to him being seen as a threat to Noxus as a whole (As in people who can eat memories and absorb souls with their presence alone viewed him as a massive threat).
  • Hecarim: Is a master of all forms of combat and warfare known to mankind.
  • Kalista: Outmatched Hecarim in a bout of skill.
  • Khada Jhi: Is such a skilled sniper that he is unhindered by a mask that both constricts his breathing and removes his depth perception, which would normally cripple even a master sniper.
  • Master Yi is one of the most skilled practitioners of Wuju Style, a martial art which requires an immense amount of patience and strategy, centered around analyzing the opponent for any openings or weaknesses before killing them with a single cut, and he's been described as never attacking until landing a strike on his opponent was absolutely guaranteed.
  • Wukong: Mastered Wuju Style in a very short time period, something that took Master Yi several dozen years to master, and became so skilled in the art to the point where he was even able to outsmart Yi a few times.
  • Jarvan IV: Wields Drakesbane, a weapon that is literally a 6 foot extendable lance covered in giant revolving razor blades that is described as being just as lethal to the wielder as it is to the opponent if the wielder is anything less than a master spear wielder, to such a high degree of skill that he surpassed Xin Zhao, a man who spent decades becoming a master spear wielder and who needed years of daily training to be able to properly wield, in only a few months, with even Xin himself saying that Jarvan's skill far outstrips his own.
Just reposting this here and adding some new feats

well I'm pasting this from the previous thread

I might as well list feats from Gilgamesh: He has fought against multiple skilled characters throughout the final fantasy series, he's skilled with using multiple types of weapons, skilled enough to use a Gun Blade (even though it was a replica) a weapon that's difficult to handle, has fought against Bartz multiple times who with the Mimic Job is able to copy and weapon and attack of whatever he seas, he has fought against Dissidia Bartz who is similar to regular Bartz but also has skill comparable to other FF characters, he has also fought against 14 WOL who is pretty much the most skilled FF protagonist twice, he also has an immeasurable age

I really don't see why 2 ppl saying "yeah" counts as agreement for jax in 1st place but eh. You can throw him at ikki in a skill fight if you think he can do anything.

@Baki

Edel is more skilled canonically but has very few feats, almost 0 compared to ikki. Ikki's the one who has skill feats. So might as well have both since they share a spot I guess.

I'd place him at around 5th, probably tie with Pray, as he was able to outskill someone with potential to use the Mimic class.

WeeklyBattles said:
Jax, while holding back and fighting casually, skill stomps people who:
I already answered all of them except the last one with Fugil feats, and Fugil alone, then there is the people he outskills.

About the last one: Fugil outskills Celistia who is a master swords and lances. Senjin are techniques that are suicidal if you don't master them, even elite Drag-Knights take several years to master a single one of them, Lux mastered two of them by just watching them, and Fugil outskills Lux. Fugil also outmatched Singlen who created every single Senjin technique.

I should also mention that characters like Okita, Hozoin, and Li Shuwen can't even have their skills read by people on the level of Okada's mimicry, so that's something

I've addressed Rimuru's placement earlier (based on the feats given). Where should Jax be placed? Everyone seems eager to get him off of 1st, but where does he go?

BakiHanma18 said:
I've addressed Rimuru's placement earlier (based on the feats given). Where should Jax be placed? Everyone seems eager to get him off of 1st, but where does he go?
Below fugil i guess?

Miden's skill... On his own, he can duel with Cure Black, Cure White and Shiny Luminous, the second of which flips people by complete accident. Whith peak memories, he has the skill of himself, those three and 52 other melagical girls; some of which are martial artists and/or masters of one weapon or another.

Creaturemaster971 said:
All of them are laughably and utterly transcended by the skills of Miyamoto Musashi and Sasaki Kojirou. Both of them possess skill that is considered infinite by the rest of the verse, and can bend time and space, interfere with parallel universes, cut through fate, determine virtually everything about an opponent with a clash, even if their weapon is invisible, and have mental states that are read as literal nothingness by information analysts. Kojirou achieved this level with no formal training and only three years of practice, while Musashi surpassed him when they fought. Both of them have skills that are capable of enforcing fates of inescapable death on the gods themselves, and are considered to be untouchable in-universe.
Sasaki only trained for three years?

Ah, nevermind I was wrong. What was impressive was that he reached that level through sheer determination and practice rather than ever being trained.

Right, was wondering how i missed that since sasaki is supposed to be some sort of hodgepodge wraith. Yeah, dude gained Magic just by swinging his sword lols. Also if Musashi is here shouldn't Yagyu also be here?

I'm going to have to watch through the Shimosa event because it doesn't make sense for him to be more skilled than Zero Musashi. I'll have to compare that statement with what happens in the event

Ricky365 said:
sasaki is supposed to be some sort of hodgepodge wraith.
That's true, Assassin Kojirou is nowhere near that skilled.

We're talking about Infinity Kojirou, who actually is the real deal and only appeared during the Shimosa event.

Back