• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen VII: Lusamine is greatest villain

GyroNutz said:
Also how is Reshiram outclassed by Victini
Victini has the actual trick of Choice Scarf + V-Create

Reshiram is basically nothing but something you would only use if your team really needs something that can take hits with such typing, which Dialga usually does better.

Idk if that's a thing in ubers, but Reshiram nukes OU a lot better than Victini does, due to its sheer raw power moves with very little drawback (shaky accuracy on draco + blue flare, but that's it)

Yes, it is Uber out of the sheer base stats alongside a typing that´s actually really great in OU, but in Ubers... it isn´t that great.

It can be used, yes, but it needs a very specific team for it to performs the only role it can do (offensive) well enought, as in such regard Kyurem White and Ultra Necrozma do it better

Apparently Smogon will make a metagame called "National Dex" when Gen 8 comes out, to feature all species in a single metagame

I hope a version if it with CAP Pokémon also happens.

im not mad anymore about this whole cutting pokemon out of the game, i think gen 8 is gonna be fun all around, but it cant be denied that its laziness. this is nintendos 2nd best selling franchise, behind only super mario, and they should treat it with more respect.

Never been a big fan of the updated re-release prectice, tbh. It was understandable in the first generations, but no not so much nowadays. Talks is already going on that the third version of this gen (or sequel/ultra version) will have the full Pokedex, though.

@Bob: So it was kinda like a third choice. Not complaining though, it's gonna be fun to see how everything measures up.

@Neo: Those look incredible, the Rayquaza one looks ominous as hell

Unless there's some statements to help (Might be, but I don't remember.), it's difficult to quantify the size, & thus, the yield of the explosion without a "measuring stick".

It won't impact what tier it goes into significantly, but the feat seems to be divided among Lucario and Aaron, which could impact the yield.

I'm pretty confident it's not Mountain Level. It is a good supporting feat, but it wouldn't stand on its own to justify Lucario's tier. Some may feel it's not worthwhile to display an AP feat well below the character's tier. Besides AP, it isn't much besides arguably demonstrating skill with aura for restraining and moving an explosion with help.

In theory, MAYBE it's higher? Presumably, a chemical reaction shouldn't stop just because it's contained by a practically indestructible -for the reaction- force; Since it still had active force that needed to be contained while being moved, maybe the explosion would've lasted longer or had a bigger area of effect/yield if it hadn't been active while restrained for so long.

So MAYBE a higher yield is possible. But it'd probably need to be a big difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-V_333EQqs Lockstin got early access to an early version of Pokemon Masters.

Battles are 3vs3. Total speed stat of your Pokemon influences how quickly you gain action bars to spend on Pokemon actions. Trainer actions don't consume these bars.

Notable stuff includes stuff like X Defense All, Pokemon not having Resistances, nor Immunities (Pikachu can harm Krookodile.), each Pokemon only having ONE Weakness (Like Salamence only being weak to Fairy.) & overworld movement is limited.

Hoopa appears in a humorous interaction with an NPC, & character stories are similar.

Previously non-speaking characters get entries about them, & sometimes dialogue. The player also has a trainer character for NPCs to interact with.

There's other details that might be considered spoilers.

There seem to be some evil people with masks. There is a Professor Bellis. She brings up your "Poryphone" having a "shiny, rainbow-coloured stone" embedded in it; It's a Sync Stone, which are quite rare. In fact, they can only be found "in the ocean here where Pasio was built". She primarily researches the interaction between Pokemon & Sync Stones, & says it's "quite brilliant". Sync Stones amplify the power that comes from a bond between a trainer & their Pokemon. She calls this "sync strength". Pryce: "It seems like you've been slacking off since we got to Pasio, Seel. If you'd been more focused during our last battle, winning would have been a breeze for us." (Pryce confident he could beat player character & their team?) Rosa: "Pokemon battles are a ton of fun, but sometimes it's nice to just slown down and take a stroll. Actually...that's totally a lie. The truth is, I'm always itching to battle! I just love Pokemon battling that much! If someone were to ask me what my favorite thing in the whole wide world is, I would absolutely say Pokemon battling!" (Interesting info about a player character character.) Flannery gives a "Training Machine" as thanks, saying she might forget she has it, & bring it into the hot springs, & then it'd be "no good to anybody". Description says it's used for learning moves & passive skills. Looks a bit like a Megaphone. Wikstrom: "Alas, the will to battle beats so strongly in Aegislash's heart, he can scarcely sit still! The brazen, bladed buffoon! Ha ha ha! I must apologizde if I have prattled on too long... 'Tis important to enjoy a good Pokemon battle now and again as well! Ha ha ha! Oh, my dear Aegislash! let us go now. We shall enjoy this merry festival of the PMI, with honor and grace!" (Wikstrom's Aegislash likes to battle, too? Also, festival of the PMI/PML?) Skyla, after a battle, says the player character & their Pokemon were "so earnest and straightforward". Also "It doesn't matter whether you win or lose! Being able to have friendly Pokemon battles is the best!" Erika says she couldn't agree with Skyla more. Rosa adds that while they're on that subject, they were actually hoping to could get a badge from you today, too. Karen notices a loose piece of thread hanging from the player character's clothes. Her Houndoom bows, raises its head, opens its mouth, & there's a white flash. Full scene not shown, but... did it BURN the thread off or something? I hope not. Hau (With his Raichu): "Huh? Are you not feeling up to this? Maybe our sync strength isn't as high as I thought. But we've surfed so much. Player: "Maybe you're forgetting something." OR "Maybe he's not comfortable with it." Evil team is Team Break. Bad guy is named Lear. Very conceited & considers himself notable on Pasio. Apparently, he created the artificial island of Pasio, which has no wild Pokemon, & founded the "Pokemon Masters League". Plans to be Champion. He Defeated Skyla, who, gladly gives badge when beaten, even thanking for the battle, also thinking she got a bit stronger, & praises her Swanna. He looks down on her for praising it after defeat, & considers Pokemon tools. With Lear are Sawyer & Rachel, who seem friendly with the PC, against Team Break. According to Sawyer, Lear made Pasio's volcanoes and glaciers look as realistic as possible, so trainers who come can battle in lots of different environments. Dialogue options with Lear after he gets angry at the PC for "interfering" again: "We can work together." OR "We wanted to help you." He rejects the former, Iris calls him out for being rude. Brycen-Man offers Rosa (calling her "Snivy-Girl") & her Snivy training. Blaine suggests PC battle Flannery. Dialogue between a male & a female swimmer reveals the male one has been getting interfered with every time he tries to catch a Pokemon. The female reminds him there are no wild Pokemon on Pasio. Lockstin got no ads during his month of Pokemon Masters. (But it wasn't released yet, so lol.) Currently, Monetization is gems; Buy with real money. Only known use so far is scouting more trainers to add to roster, via a "Sync Pair Scout". Quote Lockstin: "With the amount of story in the game, you get 18 trainers. Just for playing it." "Training"/Grinding earns gems. Lockstin says you earn "several", & finds it surprising for a premium currency. You also get 50 to 100 per week as log-in bonuses. Lockstin (Keep in mind, he's sponsored) mentions new trainers are being added "constantly". Lockstin says he was able to scout for more trainers about 16 times as of recording. 22 as of editing. Supposedly, he did about 40 days. Video shows 1 Sync Pair Scout costs 300 Gems, 10 bought at once cost 3,000, & there's a "Daily Discount" of 100. (Log-in bonus already used as payment?) 300 * 22 = 6,600. Meaning he earned 6,600 Gems from log-ins & "Training"/grinding over 30 to 40 days. Quote Lockstin: "If you buy your own gems, it'll only take 100 of them, each day." (As opposed to the price of Syncing once otherwise being 300 gems.) You can get the same trainer multiple times via Sync-ing. If this happens, the power of their Sync Attack levels up. Cheryl is a possible trainer. What looks like Blue seemingly appears with the evil team once. Also, in the same scene, a "Masked Man" in a group Pryce calls Thugs, asks "Wait a sec... Isn't that the Champion of the Unova region? Guess today's our lucky day! Come on, let's nab her Pokemon!" Pryce affirms they wanna steal Iris's Haxorus. Iris is apparently frightened by this revelation. Lockstin informs us, for 1 dollar, you get 1 Scouting. Crasher Wake says he "still isn't saying" Barry can be his apprentice, but Barry's certainly growintg & he'll keep an eye on him. Barry calls him master & is excited to have his skills acknowledged by his master. Wake tells him he's not his master, too soft, & Barry can still get stronger. Quote Lockstin: "As of now, no trainers are locked behind pay gems & you also can't buy level ups or enhancement items. Money just gives you more team customization options, earlier." Brock said he'd meet up with PC & Rosa at a place, but Rosa has a scene where she can't find him. Marley (who?) has an Arcanine & says "But there's so many things that I want to tell them. That's why I want to take as much time as I can to talk with Arcanine. Arcanine..." *Arcanine barks/roars*

Hopefully that's some nice info/not too spoilery. Also, Lockstin used Pokemon Masters music for his video, & in part (probably) due to sponsorship, is gonna do more Pokemon Masters videos.

Early? The game's been out for over a day though...

I actually came here to ask if anyone got anything good.

F

Same, my phone has little to no storage atm so it runs kinda choppy.

Imaginym said:
Unless there's some statements to help (Might be, but I don't remember.), it's difficult to quantify the size, & thus, the yield of the explosion without a "measuring stick".
It won't impact what tier it goes into significantly, but the feat seems to be divided among Lucario and Aaron, which could impact the yield.

I'm pretty confident it's not Mountain Level. It is a good supporting feat, but it wouldn't stand on its own to justify Lucario's tier. Some may feel it's not worthwhile to display an AP feat well below the character's tier. Besides AP, it isn't much besides arguably demonstrating skill with aura for restraining and moving an explosion with help.

In theory, MAYBE it's higher? Presumably, a chemical reaction shouldn't stop just because it's contained by a practically indestructible -for the reaction- force; Since it still had active force that needed to be contained while being moved, maybe the explosion would've lasted longer or had a bigger area of effect/yield if it hadn't been active while restrained for so long.

So MAYBE a higher yield is possible. But it'd probably need to be a big difference.
The size is easy to find, you can stitch the end frames together and scale the explosion from the island, which is Iron Island, find the real world counterpart to it and use that as the size for the island. It actually looks very simple to calc that.

If I recall that's actualky a galactic bomb, which could completely eject all the water out of a lake.

>udderly milked.

I dont know if I should be mad or proud.

Back