• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Big Pokemon revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm inclined to agree more with Strym and GyroNuts here.
Can we at least close this thread and then apply this about discussion rules please?
Do not try to downgrade Arceus, the Creation Trio and characters who scale from them basing on them being harmed from Pokémon who are below 2-B/2-A in statistics, as those events have been discussed to exhaustion and dismissed as Plot-Induced Stupidity or Game Mechanics, given what the lore has estabilished and the feats they have showcased across all the medias solidly place them at 2-B/2-A.

Current one for Pokémon shouldn't be a thing, as no one ever tried to upgrade the trainers, but kinda the opposite.

Well, pretty sure a lot of users actually did that in the past. So not sure about removing that, but I have added the new rule. Though, I'm open to expanding the other rule to forbid it as a double sided thing and not just a rule against upgrading trainers.

But if unless there's more that needs to be discussed regarding that rule I can close this shortly afterwards.

"Note: Do not try to downgrade Arceus, the Creation Trio, and any characters who scale from them based on them being harmed by Pokémon who are consistently shown to be below 2-B/2-A in statistics. This is because those events have been discussed to exhaustion and dismissed as Plot-Induced Stupidity or Game Mechanics. The lore that has been established and the feats they have showcased across all medias, which solidly place them at 2-B/2-A, should take precedence over these inconsistencies."

Rewrote the note a bit

You can get harmed from weaker stuff in this state, you know? Arceus wasn't even damaged
Yes that's but not by attacks that are uncountably lower than 2-B no way shit .

Yes Arceus didn't get damaged he almost got knocked out.

In the manga it was stated that if all pokemons attacked together the lake trio would get harmed which is pretty consistent with Arceus and the creation trio being harmed by normal pokemons, you can't tell me that all of that is just Pis

A thing that often happens in fiction
Except it happens a lot in Pokemon

Lots of bloodlusted Tier 2s don't destroy the planet if they hit the ground to say one.
Again stop being in denial , you clearly know what I'm talking about as you can clearly see that Arceus was struggling and he had to use a considerable amount of his power to destroy the meteor shit .

Bud that's not how it works. You either downgrade all of them or just don't. It'd be cherrypicking otherwise.
I don't see any rule that stop me from doing that

Using the move would make you use all the inconsistencies tho.
Why exactly ? The Creation trio being harmed by much weaker pokemons is something that is very consistent so I don't see what's wrong with that .

Of course, given I've already explained before in the other thread of yours, which people disagreed with because of such.
You didn't explain shit you just kept saying "muh they are fighting with physicals so it's clearly not hax " without caring to look at the actual context and ignoring evidence that's all you did .

Honestly I feel like it would be better if Arcerus, the Creation Trio, the Lake Trio, Cresselia and Darkrai just never appeared outside the main series games because clearly the writers behind this franchise don't know how to write the most OP characters in a verse.

If that was the case then the only PIS moments would be the fact you can catch and beat them with pretty much any pokémon in a battle.

Honestly I feel like it would be better if Arcerus, the Creation Trio, the Lake Trio, Cresselia and Darkrai just never appeared outside the main series games because clearly the writers behind this franchise don't know how to write the most OP characters in a verse.
But then we'd never get Explorers of Sky...

It occurs to me that Pokémon simply suffers from the "everybody can fight everybody" trope sometimes, but even in the scans I don't see the Creation Trio being meaningfully damaged by regular attacks, I see a lot of their avatars just being pushed around, which realistically is possible since they don't have 2-B weight, just AP.
As others have mentioned, most of the cases of normal Pokémon affecting them is just minor inconveniences for the Trio.

"Note: Do not try to downgrade Arceus, the Creation Trio, and any characters who scale from them based on them being harmed by Pokémon who are consistently shown to be below 2-B/2-A in statistics. This is because those events have been discussed to exhaustion and dismissed as Plot-Induced Stupidity or Game Mechanics. The lore that has been established and the feats they have showcased across all medias, which solidly place them at 2-B/2-A, should take precedence over these inconsistencies."

Rewrote the note a bit
Wait a little with closing this thread. Should I apply the above text segment to our Discussion Rules page then?

Never mind. The old version of the rule was already added. I just updated it.

I will close this thread again then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back