• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon God Revision- Yes its Arceus (And minor stuff for Unown)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're really fond of accusing me of things.

The first sentence literally mentioned the purpose of the thread. Yeah no. If you're not wiling to tackle the meat of this thread, just take your leave. Your presence here is very annoying and you're doing nothing more than waste our time

We called the same people from the last thread, so i'm not sure what you were on about earlier

I personally think that Moritzva makes sense above.
Can she give a reason as to why the evidence being provided is not enough for what i'm proposing. She hasn't done so.

Like i said before, limiting him to moves is arbitrary and this thread provided proof as to why that is the case

Sniper, for the love of God, what part of "chill your attitude and stop being so rude and combative" are you failing to get?

Not to mention, "stating the intent of the thread" is not the point, nor what I asked for. The intent of this thread addresses the same points you made, and were debunked on, in the previous thread. The fact that you repeatedly respond to my claims of this thread being a redux, with more evidence of this thread being a redux, is a very bad sign.

Antvasima, since you're here, is this report-worthy yet? The general rudeness specifically. Sniper is like this in literally every thread I have seen him in, bar none, and I have previously filed a report over this exact behavior.

Can she give a reason as to why the evidence being provided is not enough for what i'm proposing. She hasn't done so.

Like i said before, limiting him to moves is arbitrary and this thread provided proof as to why that is the case
This was covered in the previous thread. If you believe that your evidence is new and compelling in ways not covered on the previous thread, you just have to clearly and decisively say how and why it is different. I have been asking you to do this for days.

Ahh. What exactly am i doing wrong here.

Like i said, your cries are not going to overrule what has been decided here. Take your leave

This was covered in the previous thread. If you believe that your evidence is new and compelling in ways not covered on the previous thread, you just have to clearly and decisively say how and why it is different. I have been asking you to do this for days.
It was not. Simple as that. What is the logic behind limiting him to moves. NONE

Which is the purpose of the thread. We do not need you here to waste our time for something six staff members have reviewed and agreed to

Ahh. What exactly am i doing wrong here.

Like i said, your cries are not going to overrule what has been decided here. Take your leave
Okay, I'm actually going to get frustrated if I have to continue debating with this any longer.

Sniper still refuses to answer my one, very simple question (saying "my points were never debunked in the previous thread" is probably the second most common phrase on VSBW behind "FRA," especially when they were debunked) and he has resorted to blatantly attacking and sassing me over actually answering the point.

I'm going to step away from this. Can other staff members deal with Sniper, because I am unable to debate with someone so adamantly bad faith and hostile.

I revise the whole verse and still don't get invited to CRTs, mashallah

(For what it's worth, you can put me in disagree, I wasn't quite on board the first time but didn't care enough to vote)

Sniper, I know it gets annoying having to deal with what seems like the same questions over and over again for really big CRTs, but you're kind of being really aggressive in the thread, yeah? Like you obviously put work into the CRT, and are kind of defensive, but calling people goons and ignoring several different attempts to get you explain why exactly the thread is different isn't the way (as well as ignoring a lot of pretty blunt-critique in an extremely aggressive manner).

And from what I can tell, you haven't actually made it clear why it's different, and if you did you mired it in so much toxicity that your point disappeared. After statements like this and this it seems to me that the main problem here is a communication one...and you keep spiralling that out of control. You shouldn't just rehash the same thread without making it abundantly clear what's different, especially when it's a massive ******* thread, because it can come off as you trying to manipulate the vote by hoping the opposition doesn't care enough to come back.

All this is well and good but you've taken it way too far, my friend. You've been given ample opportunity to just...make it clear what's different, but instead you've just been extremely aggressive--and you apologized for your behavior, which means you know it sucks, but continued on anyways.

If my take matters any, I think this thread has to close shop. And a warning seems necessary because jesus christ did you aggrevate things.

now if you'll excuse I need to finish SV before doing anymore Pokemon stuff. happy thanksgiving!

This thread exists to prove that moves/powers are intrinsically intertwined and we can't just take one over the other

How many times should I repeat this?

That was literally, not even once, the question you were asked. I have even told you as much, multiple times, but you insist on repeating an answer to a question nobody asked instead of actually answering the question which both I and Ayewale perfectly understood and stated.

Because you keep repeating the same question. And the answer is the answer to your question.

What is this?

Seriously. You're wasting our time fr

1. You have not stated what makes the evidence provided not valid

2. Then you proceed to bring up the old thread as if the answer is there

This behavior is the exact same Iamunanimousinthat did before.

Explain what makes you disagree with the meat of this thread beyond your belief that this thread is the same as before. Are the staff who reviewed this dumb? Did they or did they not see the evidence provided?

Are you simply not reading what's being said? The answer is in the old thread. The burden of proof is on you, and you are the one that has to prove why this evidence is new and different from what you've previously said. You have been asked this several times, and you even recognize the fact that you have been asked this several times.

And you've been warned over a dozen times to cool your attitude, at this point, someone ought to take this to RVT.

Are you simply not reading what's being said? The answer is in the old thread. The burden of proof is on you, and you are the one that has to prove why this evidence is new and different from what you've previously said. You have been asked this several times, and you even recognize the fact that you have been asked this several times.
I have., I provided a lot of evidence to prove that Moves = Powers and one should not be seperated from the other

That is the purpose of this thread
And you've been warned over a dozen times to cool your attitude, at this point, someone ought to take this to RVT.
Ignored. Since you've set your mind on accusing me of rudeness the moment you step foot here.

Report filed over the given situation with Sniper's behavior, let's continue the debate over the legitimacy of this thread without further interruptions.

Like I said.

The entire crux of the argument for Arceus getting all the powers of all pokemon and non-pokemon in the entire franchise, is based upon one singular line:

Official English:
"The powers of Plates are shared among Pokémon."

Translated Japanese by user @Executor_N0

"When the Pokémon are born, the powers of the Plates are distributed "

It was decided in the last thread, that this was not substantial enough evidence for this upgrade. No new information in regards to the plates has been brought up.

A different argument, I forgot who said, claimed that Arceus should get all the powers because he encompasses the verse. However this has nothing to do with the plates and should be addressed in a different thread.

Okay.

@GyroNutz @Elizhaa @Executor_N0 @Everything12 @DarkDragonMedeus @FinePoint

Promestein and Moritzva disagree with this revision and the basic premise of repeating the same revisions over and over until they eventually get accepted, even if they were rejected previously.

What do you think should be done here?
Which thread(s) are they claiming this is a repeat of?
This is the first time I've personally heard of Arceus inheriting human powers rather than just Pokemon ones, so it felt new to me, though it has been a while since I was actively part of that debate.

It's late and I have thanksgiving tomorrow, so I can't grab the thread right now (though iam definitely would know). More specifically, this thread is a repeat of a point Sniper made in said thread.

That being said, Sniper is also banned at the moment, so this may be a bit awkward.

Well, he essentially decided to ban himself as you can all see in our RVR thread. His behaviour was likely not bad enough here for an actual ban, just a warning.

Anyway, can somebody write a tally for which staff members that support which solution here please?

It's late and I have thanksgiving tomorrow, so I can't grab the thread right now (though iam definitely would know). More specifically, this thread is a repeat of a point Sniper made in said thread.

That being said, Sniper is also banned at the moment, so this may be a bit awkward.
I'm back

What is there to do now?

I don't want to make a thread and constantly have to deal with disagreement as I'm generally cool on wiki until plates happen, which is the same thing that got me banned twice. Everything should be solved right here and now, please. It's getting tiring at this point

1. Yes, I'll admit it's more or less a repeat of last thread... Sort of. The main argument, which people missed was basically that I was connecting moves and abilities and showing why they're intertwined and should not be excluded from moves. That was the purpose of this thread.

2. Yes, this thread was reviewed by more of the staff, specifically people very knowledgeable about the franchise, which we lacked in the last thread, with Executor_N0 explaining on detail why he sides with Arceus getting said powers. So even though you may want to reverse the changes, you can't exactly overrule the decision of the staff who checked it now, which is way more than we got from the last thread. Especially when my argument made more sense than the opposition. If my arguments were so weak, there was no way making 50 threads will change any decisions, do remember that these are staff members who recently had to deal with a revision that this thread is connected to, creator gods getting all verse powers

Now I can see Arceus getting all verse hax for two reasons. That's all there is to it. You decide

1. The Heart being the embodiement of the multiverse and everything in existence being part of it. At the very least, The Heart should be able to do everything because everything is part of it.

2. The Heart should be able to replicate any power by using Arceus as proxy, which is the purpose that the plates serve, as the plates covers the entire power system in the cosmology, each one having the essence of the Types that Pokémon are built into them. Ignoring everything, even unown can do anything and everything if you believe it. Regidrago with condensed dragon force, with just that alone, can use any dragon powers. And the God who has the Essence of Dragons cannot use dragon powers? Why? When the Japanese translation verbatim makes it clear The Heart's avatar can gain all types powers by accessing plates? Why is this an argument?

This is basically the point of contention here. Moritzva sees this as merely a repeat of the last thread. But pointing out the last thread, did not do anything to change the decisions that 6 staff made here.

So right now, I'm not entirely sure what should be done

also should mention that at the start of creation everything was the static until original spirit gave differentiation to the entire cosmology
that's my understanding of it according to the explanations from ex

That is true.

All existence was ONE within The Heart(Mind/Consciousness). And what could it do? Think. Because that's what it is, a Mind

Loosely based on the concept of Brahman and Wuji in Chinese Mythology

So essential, there's nothing really"new" everything is simply from that one giant void of everything and nothing inside the Heart. Everything is part of the Heart, so at the very worst it should be able to do anything anyone can do because it's part of him.

Arceus, with supporting evidence from plate as well as his true nature as The Heart, should get the same powers because it acts as a proxy for The Heart to interact with the cosmology. It wouldn't make sense for there to be a limitation, which is why the Legend Plate is all encompassing when it says his avatar has all types powers

Which staff members have agreed with what here?

Which staff members have agreed with Moritzva in this thread, and which ones agreed with her in our previous revision thread about this subject?

Which staff members have agreed with Moritzva in this thread,
Well, What she said didn't change their position.
and which ones agreed with her in our previous revision thread about this subject?
None. The 2 staff who disagreed with the thread did so for their own reasons. That was DT and Agnaa.

Agnaa is fine if Arceus gets everything related to Types, but not anything outside of it
As I've said, it's not "everything", it's "every type". Human-created technology, things in nature, abilities, items, anything that isn't covered by a move isn't associated with "every type".

DT says abilities isn't included.

The power of all things means not the abilities of every Pokémon. It talks about it containing the energy of all types. If it meant all abilities then, grammatically, it would need to say "the powers of all things" as we are talking about many abilities. Also, as you yourself discovered, most translation talk about supreme power or energy, so that is probably what is intended.

So yeah. Power = strength / energy, not abilities. Nothing indicates he has all abilities.

Which We got @Executor_N0 translator to give, from the Original text
“A slate that holds the power of all things/all creation. When used on a Pokemon, it gains every Type's powers.”

I've covered all that in this thread already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back