• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen VII: Lusamine is greatest villain

>It was. Most of the fight resulted in Deoxys playing tag, whenever Ray landed a hit, it vaped it or ko'd it. It didnt tank shit, it was vaporized, the part of it that got hit was vaporized, that's not tanking, if it wasnt for its regern it'd be dead.

Having only a portio of your body being destroyed by an attack instead of your entire body is a durability feat. Especially when the part that was destroyed didnt bother or hinder you in the slightest.

>Especially when it was protected by billion of tons of meteor. It took some of the energy of course, but sure as hell not all of it, especially given its surface area.

Which is still 5-B energy either way. So. Yeah.

>Deoxys was knocked out after DA lol noped a psycho boost, pulverized its shield and then only knicked Deoxys, because if you pay attention, Deoxys reels/gets knocked back by it's forefield shattering and doesnt get hit by the full attack. And in the manga? Ray didnt even fight back till it was given a command. He kinda just took it for awhile and was fine after.

This doesnt debunk a thing. It still shows Deoxys is in the same realm of power as Mega Ray. Which is what i've been saying from the start.

>It isnt pointless because it shows that the whole ray vs deoxys thing is still something that's happening, often, if Deoxys was stronger there wouldnt be a fight.

But Deoxys isnt stronger....for the last time. Pay attention please.

>Uh, I really dont think you know how inverse square law works. That would only be the case if Deoxys took the full amount of the blast, he didnt, he only took a bit of it. The meteor being shattered into pieces doesnt debunk anything, in fact that's why im convinced you dont actually know how inverse square law works. If anything that proves my point. In fact I can calc it if you want, it'll probably end up a few thousand times lower than the feat's AP.

See my 2nd point. I really don't care if or what you calc, Deoxys taking the full amount of energy or even some of it is still 5-B energy no matter what because of the sheer difference in tier and how far into 5-B these guys are.

>Uh, no, that isnt a durability feat when everytime it actually got hit the part that got hit was wiped from existence.

Key word: part. Not Deoxys as a whole. If Deoxys wasn't remotely comparable to Mega Ray, it would have gotten completely obliterated by literally any attack Mega Ray would pull out. Period. But instead, only a part of Deoxys was destroyed. Thats a durability feat.

>You're joking right? The crystal is the only part that has been shown to withstand attacks that completely vaporize the rest of its body.

Okay? It just means the attack wasn't strong enough to completely vaporize Deoxys.

>Movie 7? Rayquaza nuked it to shit, Deoxys was completely vaporized without a trace yet the crystal had no damage, and this goes for every instance, the crystal always takes zero damage while the body gets blown to dust.

See above.

The hyper beam didn't hit his entire body it hit the side of Deoxys' body which got completely blown off. Also we really need to move to the new thread. This thread is 5 replies from being full.

Peter1129 said:
The hyper beam didn't hit his entire body it hit the side of Deoxys' body which got completely blown off.
It doesnt matter where the attack hit. The very sheer force and power of the attack still would have completely obliterated Deoxys if it couldnt tank it whatsoever.

This is like saying an attack cant destroy a planet unless the attack actually covers the entire planet.

Y'know if anything this discussion doesn't really matter, right? If anything, this would just nuff Mega Rayquaza as Deoxys is still the one controlling the 5-B meteor. It would just make base Rayquaza that strong, with Mega scaling above that.

That's kinda what Chariot wants. He believes that Base Rayquaza should scale to Deoxys while Mega Rayquaza is double Base Rayquaza due to Mega Evolution at the bare minimum being considered a 2x boost.

Alright than so Mega Rayquaza now gets an at least and this is how the 5-B scaling looks.

2.52 Yottaton: Complete Kyurem

1.68 Yottaton: Black/White Kyurem and Resolute Keldeo

840 Zettaton: Mega Rayquaza, Mega Mewtwo, Shiny Genesect, Tao Trio, Swords of Justice, Forces of Nature Therian Forme and Unbound Hoopa

703 Zettaton: Aura Trio and Mega Diancie

420 Zettaton: Deoxys, Base Mewtwo, Mew, Base Rayquaza and Genesect

84 Zettaton: Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre

Unknown on the 5-B scale: Magearna, Type: Null, Silvally, Ultra Beasts, Tapus, and Light Trio

Also time to move to the new thread

The real cal howard said:
Yeah I'm down w/that.
Looking at it like this, same.

Though Magearna should not be in the same tier as 50% Zygarde, Yveltal, Xerneas and Mega Diancie. It should be wherever Perfect Zygarde is.

I was eating lunch, that's why I went ghost, all I want is for Mega Fug to be higher in the tier list and to have normal Ray take it's place albeit a slight bit below deoxys (seeing as deoxys turned the tides on it in M7).

I know it wont change the tiers but that doesnt mean it's ok to have it be inaccurate.

And Kukui, what in the hell are you on about? Do you even know how much stronger one would have to be for the force of an attack to completely vaporize parts it didnt even hit? Mega Ray wold be a **** ton higher than 5-B.

As for your point above, in M7, the hyperbeam hit its entire body, vaporizing it all, except the crystal, which took it point blank, being not damaged. And my dude, taking thousands of the energy would no longer be 5-B, it'd be moon busting, seeing as Deoxys and Mega aint even at 1 yottaton.

I could go on, but it seems most are in agreement with me.

Back