• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen III: Oh No They Become So Hot Now!!!

IYKWIM GYAHAHAHAHA#Slapped

Yeah the new thread is here boi and girl!!! The Pokemon General Discussion Gen III!!! Here in this thread we can discuss anything related to Pokemon franchise like general, game, anime, lore, meme, and WAIFU project.

Here the ongoing project we have are:

1. Cleaning and adding stuff on Pokemons page who are lacking or mess

2. Add more Pokemon pages on this wiki

And now let's begin!!!

Shiny Mega Gardevoir

Honestly I don't know how I feel about this. On one hand Black finally seems to be out of the light stone after getting sealed in there since July 25, 2014. On the other hand now N got stoned instead and we were so so close to seeing the Original Dragon in the manga.
70DD3CEA-233A-46C9-A622-359E525C585B

Yobo Blue said:
Honestly they should save the Original Dragon for whenever they make a BW Remake
Dragon

Base stats:

HP: 125

Attack: 170

Defense: 100

Special Attack: 170

Special Defense: 100

Speed: 95

Total: 760

Ability: Multielement (Grants the Fire, Electric and Ice typing to the user after switching out).

Triattack also gets triple STAB

Totally not an Uber

>Lives longer because he is always angry.

>Dies if becomes too angry.

Huh.

Just wait to me finish the 151 og mons ovo

IDK why not, maybe that since it is a past gen he can't have?

Drite77 said:
Just wait to me finish the 151 og mons ovo
IDK why not, maybe that since it is a past gen he can't have?
Since the Pokemon profiles are composite from every Pokemon game it makes since to use all the Level Up and Egg Moves the Pokemon gets no matter what Gen they are from. Beside, if you want a moves on a pokemon it gets via breeding in a previous generation, you breed the pokemon in that generation and then you transfer it to the new generation.

Quick question, Pokemon profiles are composite across all canon games which includes Mystery Dungeon, how would this effect a Pokemons intelligence in debates where Mystery Dungeon shows the average Pokemon to have human level intelligence? Though their is the fact that the Primary Canon is the Core Games which shows the average Pokemon, not including stuff like Alakazam and Metagross, as somewhere between real life animals and humans, but I'm not sure how the composite nature of the profiles would effect this.

That's an issue I had.

In Mystery Dungeon, almost all Pokémon have nigh human levels of intelligence. So, the hell we do.

Don't composite profiles normally take the highest level everything, though Pokemon composite is definitely weird compared to normal composite profiles and their is the whole Mystery Dungeon being at most Secondary Canon compared to the Core Games Primary Canon.

Let me tell you, I have always had a problem with people assuming Pokemon are animalistic in intelligence. They are not, and they've shown clear evidence that they are sapient in literally every medium they are in, from the games to the manga to the anime. And this is completely disregarding even Mystery Dungeon, where it's flat out the case there.

Pokemon have complex emotions and desires. Pokemon can have character building arcs at times. And more often than not, Pokemon are treated as friends to Trainers more than ******** companions. Honestly, I'd like to see any mention of Pokemon being simply "Animalistic" in intelligence being replaced.

Well it's not that clear cut either, given how they're still treated as being just animals most of the times, especially in the games. But average Pokémon HAVE shown nigh human levels of intelligence in many media.

The anime has many examples, such as Meowth just learning how to speak normally, not being considered smarter than other members of his species, those Tentacruel only needing access to Meowth to communicate complex ideas, that one ghastly who just...talks, that one episode involving the protagonists' pokémon communicating complex ideas in their own language, etc. And that's only from the episodes I personally watched, which is not a lot.

The game also has some examples, such as this one Zoroark in B2W2 speaking normally through a disguise, some pokémon such as Mimikyu speaking words and a Ditto learning to blend in perfectly with humans.

Well... Primeape's Pokedex entry states that the guy is dumb because of his anger, not animalistic though the guy is a different case. Another case, i guess, is the Paras line, wich almost all feats of intelligence is from the mushrooms, since even Paras don't act on his own, and Parasect is dead. There is some examples of them being dumb, but all of them are separate cases with reasons to exist

Sure, but those particular cases are typically the exception rather than the rule. And while the games don't really show their intelligence very well, the anime and manga more than make up for that bit of slack. Heck, the few examples Saikou listed are literally just the tip of the iceberg to all of the intelligence feats various Pokemon have shown.

The games actually have instances like the battle frontier where pokemon are made to fight on their own without their trainers guiding them

Yeah there are examples of some Pokémon being dumber (Slowpoke) or smarter (Alakazam, Metagross, etc.) than others. But still, we're talking the average mon.

Black Fog is an excellent example of a Pokemon which would normally be considered to have average intelligence being able to talk and make the conscious decision to commit suicide.

The early Pokemon manga were really twisted...

The Electric tales of Pikachu is prob the most adult manga of pokémon, from the images i've look into, the art style, heck, Ash's Charizard even made other Charizard bleed in their battle

@Drite You want scans of pokemon adventure of pokemon being bisected and melted by acid?

Because that exists

I know that Arbok was cutted in half and Magmar prob died in that chapter, but i've never seen no one melting, and i want to see that

Don't forget the literal zombie Pokemon, with rotten flesh and all.

Ehh those aren't that bad. There's also Zinnia getting stabbed and than hyper beam'd by Rayquaza, 70% of Unova including the people and Pokémon getting frozen by Team Plasma, Ruby getting a scar after tanking Dragon Claw from Zinnia's Salamance as a kid, Courtney, Steven, and Norman actually dying and etc.

Back