• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen VII: Lusamine is greatest villain

Pretty neat that regional forms are still present, was afraid they would also be discarded as a one time gimmick.

Galarian Weezing just nails it lol

Getting some Ash Crimson vibes from Bede

Epsilon R said:
Can someone please tell me WHY THE FREAK Weezing is a fairy type ?
https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/pokemon-galar-region/weezing/

"It emits purified air from the tops of its heads

Galarian Weezing consumes polluted air and poisonous gases for sustenance. The air and gases absorbed will have toxins removed before being spewed out again from the tops of Weezing's heads. Apparently the air produced through this purification process is very clean!"

"Poison gas gathers around its mouths

The toxins accumulated within Weezing's body form into concentrated poison gas clouds that leak out and drift around it. This gas is so potent that even a whiff is enough to stun and immobilize an opponent. It is Weezing's best weapon during battles."

As best I can tell it's because it purifies air rather than pollutes, and maybe because it's silly and/or they needed another excuse to give Galarian Weezing a different type.

(I hate its ugly lime green mustache/beard, though.)

The fact that they A) gave a non-Kanto Pokemon a regional variation, and B) gave that Pokemon a brand new evolution, is incredible to me!

Though, let's be honest, no matter how many cool new things Game Freak adds to SwSh, it won't make a lick of difference to all the people moaning and groaning for the National Dex to be added back.

If Linoon is RU... Will the evolution perhaps be OU?

Belly Drum + Extreme Speed should be even better on something with better stats

I'm curious about its new Dark typing and what new trick it will get. But that also means 4x weakness to Fighting, hope he can get around that.

Also, aren't the three elemental monkeys from Unova considered the Tea Pokemon, since they each represent the different steps to make tea?

The three elemental monkeys are hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil. Based on the three wise monkeys.

Yeah. Pansage provides the leaves for the tea, Panpour provides the clean water for the tea, and Pansear provides the heat necessary to boil the tea.

You didn't know that?

I mean, the monkeys were obviously the 3 wise monkeys as Cal said. Zen Darmanitan is the same.

Yes, they're the 3 wise monkeys.

They also represent the steps to make tea.

Pokemon can represent more than one thing, smh.

There's several examples of Pokémon that represent multiple things but for some odd reason I can't put my finger on any single one in particular.

The real cal howard said:
There's several examples of Pokémon that represent multiple things but for some odd reason I can't put my finger on any single one in particular.
Most legendaries.

Back