• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen VII: Lusamine is greatest villain

I dont think so. I was having that issue too a few hours ago but it's been fine for the last like 3. And I know a few patches came out for bugs. Probably.

But speaking of Masters.

>tfw three five stars.

>tfw all you wanted was blaine or roxie.

Not even a flex, I'd trade if I could.

>Toxapex without Haze is better against team with no Setup sweepers or walls

Of course he does, but the meta has alot of those, so Haze is not that situational

Chariot190 said:
I dont think so. I was having that issue too a few hours ago but it's been fine for the last like 3. And I know a few patches came out for bugs. Probably.
Well, I'm still having issues and reinstalling the game didn't seem to fix anything.

Could be a issue that's done in chunks or a server thing. Just wait a tad. Doing that aint gonna fix it, probably only making it worse. I say this judging off other gatcha games, it aint uncommon.

Or you could just do what I did and brute force having to restart the game after every loading screen till it finally went ok here you go and started working fine again.

Drite77 said:
>Toxapex without Haze is better against team with no Setup sweepers or walls
Of course he does, but the meta has alot of those, so Haze is not that situational
Well, unlike Haze, the rest of the moveset can be used in far more scenarios.

Pokémon Special B2W2 Chapter 545 Part 2 and Pokémon Special Sun & Moon Chapter 34 is out

Not much has happened though next chapter is when everything crazy starts happening. So in the B2W2 chapter seems like the Swords of Justice are going to fight the Forces of Nature so I guess likely 5-B upgrades for the Forces of Nature soon. And in Sun & Moon we see Perfect Zygarde restraining Base Necrozma after absorbing Solgaleo and Lunala's Light. Also Ultra Necrozma is coming next chapter.

Oh, how and to who? I dont watch the anime but I tend to keep up on the events at least.

Torracat defeated Scizor with a Fire Blast after Golisopod used Emergency Exit and switched the two. Than Golisopod took out Torracat after a while. And finally Pikachu took out Golisopod in a Iron Tail vs Liquidation battle.

Not enough information to get hyped or pissed. I am caustiously optimistic at best.

I dont, you want 23 years to have zero payoff? We went full circle. He's been around to long to drop him now. And it'd piss off a vast amount if his story had no conclusion.

If the new anime is a reboot that does shit right this time then I'm all for it. And after Ash gets his climax, then we can get new characters. But not before and winning the Alola league aint gonna cut it, it's barely a league, some of the contestants joined for the sake of it, Mallow battled like once and still was eligible. I'd be sad if the anime studio thought ash winning a league with only like one or two actual high end trainers would be satisfactory.

Most certainly not. It still has to be marketable to a young audience. And adventures has some dark shit in it, some pg things at least.

I mean, look no further than the RSE arc.

Generations was great, it had lots of flare, good animation, it was honestly peak pokemon animation, other than like one or two movies. I'd pay for more like that.

Oh yeah, warning to anyone playing Masters, the final evolution crystals. The price increases after you buy one and increases up to 900000. Dont waste em on a random unit. Save em for a character you like or a character that aint out yet.

Chariot190 said:
But not before and winning the Alola league aint gonna cut it, it's barely a league, some of the contestants joined for the sake of it, Mallow battled like once and still was eligible. I'd be sad if the anime studio thought ash winning a league with only like one or two actual high end trainers would be satisfactory.
Well, the Alola league is a new league and custom that Kukui is introducing. It's quite obviously not up to the usual competative standards that other leagues are at. This doesnt mean it isn't a league, its just a new custom thats in the process of being developed the more it is it done.

I very much dislike it when people use this argument for the Alola league when, realistically, this was to be expected for a region that never had a pokemon league before in its history.

I never said it wasnt a league, only that it's a poor excuse for one when the requirements for joining are nonexistent. And the majority of the battlers are inexperienced and didnt even like battling a few weeks ago. As such, even if Ash wins, so what? We already know he's better than 90% of his competition. It's a league but if Ash wins it, he's only really winning a battle against on or two top tier trainers. Unlike an actual league where joining alone means you beat top end trainers, and everyone in the league is actually competent trainers with lots of experience.

I know it was expected, didnt say it wasnt, I'm not even dissapointed because I knew it was gonna happen. That doesnt mean I dont think Ash winning aint satisfactory and isnt a true league win.

You editec your comment, but note that I dont disagree with what you said. I just think that Ash winning aint a good conclusion. Him winning this league aint making him a pokemaster. It's making him a winner amongst two good trainers. Maybe three if he fights Kukui.

On another note, Very Hard Supercourse Brenden is bullshit, I trained up Koga to 80 and Sceptile just wont die. I need those drinks.

Of course there wouldnt be any requirements because its literally a league that is coming out of nowhere. It's not the same as explicitly needing 8 gym badges to enter leages in previous regions. Not even the games has any requirements of challenging the Alola league.

And winning against only a few top tier trainers? That is not new here. The anime has done this long before the Alola league, you can make this argument for every single league Ash has ever been a part of.

Kanto: Gary and Ritchie. Ash didnt even face Gary since Gary only made it into the Top 36 of the Indigou Plateau while Ash made it into top 16. And the only reason he lost to Ritchie was cuz of Charizard refusing to battle.

Johto: Gary and Harrison

Hoenn: Tyson, Morrison, and Katie

Sinnoh: Paul, Conway, Nando, Barry (someone Ash didnt face in the league), and a Plot-Device.

Unova: Virgil, Trip, Cameron, Stephan, Bianca. Only 3 here did Ash battle and Trip got knocked out by Ash in the prelims...

Kalos: Alain, Sawyer, Tierno, and Astrid (the trainer Alain beat in the Mega Evo specials and beat Ash in a battle in the Diancie movie). Ash never faced Tierno, so this only makes 3.

And here we are with Alola. Only few characters in each anime have ever been considered real competition for Ash, the other no names were just non-factors. So really, this argument of "Ash is better than 90% of the competition" applies to pretty much any league Ash will join.

Back