• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen III: Oh No They Become So Hot Now!!!

Drite77 said:
A little question, so, apparently, mons get Class M in LS if they have 4 in the power stat of Pokéathlon, scaling to Swampert, but if they get 5, what happens to their rating? They will get "At Least Class M, likely higher" or they become Class G, scaling to Machamp who also has 5 in the Pokéathlon?
If someone knows the answer for this, it would be helpful, since i am adding Nidoran and Nidorino to Nidoking's profile

Ummmmm, so i will put Class G for Nidoking due to his stats being the same as Machamp in the Pokeathlon. Though we can discuss if he scale to Machamp

"PROJECT AZOTH File No. 1 The goal of Project AZOTH is to return the world—return everything—to the beginning. In order to further the project, we must proceed with research on Groudon's Primal ReversionOR/Kyogre's Primal ReversionAS. Primal Reversion is a potential of Pokémon Evolution, a potential different from Mega Evolution. Mega Evolution is made possible by the energy of people and Pokémon. Primal Reversion is made possible by natural energy. In Primal Reversion, GroudonOR/KyogreAS absorbs natural energy into its body, thereby increasing its power dramatically. Both states significantly enhance Pokémon's power: the difference lies in the source of the required energy."

"PROJECT AZOTH File No. 2 We intend to analyze the power of the ultimate weapon used in Kalos 3,000 years ago and work on the development of a drill weapon utilizing the technology. The Seafloor Cavern is sealed by the power of a Legendary Pokémon. The only way to gain access to the cavern is to break the seal with power that exceeds that of the Pokémon. According to the report from the Petalburg recon team, Devon Corporation holds the secret of the technology of the ultimate weapon. We will dedicate all our resources to obtain this technology."

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Project_AZOTH

Energy absorption for Groudon and Kyogre and possible sealing for Rayquaza?

Also something shocking I realized while re-playing Pokémon Y.

In the Flashback, we see a Magnemite. Meaning that a Pokémon based on industrial magnets and screws existed as far back as 3000 years ago.

Well, Magearna says hello to that. Plus believe it or not, since Gen 4, people in the ancient past had profound knowledge about the universe, time, space, etc. and other stuff so honestly Pokemon having that kind of knowledge to industrialize to that extent early doesnt surprise me.

Yeah but Magearna was 500 years old weird magitek. This is electricity in -1000 BC

Then again Pokémon does seems to take place in some unspecified future, so who knows.

Also the French version has a picosecond timeframe statement that would clock in at 283 million c, lol.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Also the French version has a picosecond timeframe statement that would clock in at 283 million c, lol.
Wait wut?

I mean, obviously it won't lead anywhere but I'm curious nonetheless.

Hey Cal, since you are here now, could you answer if mons that get 5 in power in the Pokéathlon, like Nidoking, would get Class G scaling from Machamp, who also has 5 in power, or they would only have Class M?

That scientist guy claims that the Ultimate Weapon stopped the war in a picosecond. And assuming he means it reached the stratosphere and then came back in this timeframe, it'd be like super MFTL+.

Obviously it's like super hyperbole prone but still.

NeoZex6399 said:
"PROJECT AZOTH File No. 1 The goal of Project AZOTH is to return the world—return everything—to the beginning. In order to further the project, we must proceed with research on Groudon's Primal ReversionOR/Kyogre's Primal ReversionAS. Primal Reversion is a potential of Pokémon Evolution, a potential different from Mega Evolution. Mega Evolution is made possible by the energy of people and Pokémon. Primal Reversion is made possible by natural energy. In Primal Reversion, GroudonOR/KyogreAS absorbs natural energy into its body, thereby increasing its power dramatically. Both states significantly enhance Pokémon's power: the difference lies in the source of the required energy."
"PROJECT AZOTH File No. 2 We intend to analyze the power of the ultimate weapon used in Kalos 3,000 years ago and work on the development of a drill weapon utilizing the technology. The Seafloor Cavern is sealed by the power of a Legendary Pokémon. The only way to gain access to the cavern is to break the seal with power that exceeds that of the Pokémon. According to the report from the Petalburg recon team, Devon Corporation holds the secret of the technology of the ultimate weapon. We will dedicate all our resources to obtain this technology."

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Project_AZOTH

Energy absorption for Groudon and Kyogre and possible sealing for Rayquaza?
Thinkingemoji

I have restored Donpha from the days of the Pokémon purge. Unfortunately, the profile is in the state of how the profiles were back in the days of the Pokémon purge.

The real cal howard said:
I have restored Donpha from the days of the Pokémon purge. Unfortunately, the profile is in the state of how the profiles were back in the days of the Pokémon purge.
Ew. I just looked at it. Good history lesson, I guess.

Anyway, I added him to the Pokemon verse page, both because cool art, and to put pressure on Drite to fix the profile.

Also, Drite, my man, you forgot to bold all of the Pokémon names on the verse page that you added. Also, why did you add both Tangela and Tangrowth?

Good, i work well under pression.

Do you believe that i didn't know that you needed to bold the names?

Because i like the two arts and because they are from different regions, though you can remove one if you find redundant

It should be...fine for the time being, I suppose. Though if I'm gonna axe anything later, it's gonna be Tangela.

Back