• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen VII: Lusamine is greatest villain

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Er...I'm doing this now

250px-262Mightyena
I'm just supposed to add a picture here, right? Here's Mightyena

We should've gotten Mega Mightyena. But continue where we left off in the discussion.

Hmm... Kinda mixed on the Giga and Gigantamax deal. Wasn't a big fan of the giant pokemon, but the other seems they simply mixed it up with Megas and Z moves. Feels a little redundant, not to mention the possibility it won't go beyond Galar and all that.

Leaving negativity aside, I am really liking the new pokemon so far, especially Mecha Godzilla there and the chubby thunder dog. The new characters also look pretty dope. So looking forward for more on that regard.

"Alcremie can produce whipped cream, which becomes richer the happier Alcremie is feeling. Desserts made using this cream are invariably delicious, so many pastry chefs strive to have an Alcremie as their partner."

"When attacked by an opponent,
Alcremie will throw sweet-scented cream to distract them or temporarily blind them, giving itself time to escape. The cream it uses for this purpose has an incredibly powerful soothing effect, and any opponent that tries to eat the cream will rapidly lose the will to battle."

Pokemon alcremie 2x

"The cream pouring out of its body hardens when subjected to impacts—the stronger the impact, the harder it becomes. This gives Alcremie a truly impressive resistance to physical attacks. Additionally, the giant "Berry" decorations on Alcremie's body are as hard as diamonds, and it's said that most attacks won't even be able to leave a scratch."

"Alcremie will launch high-calorie cream missiles around itself to attack its opponents. Any Pokémon that touches this cream will be filled with energy and euphoria but at the same time will fall into a state of complete confusio
."

"Fairy-type moves used by Gigantamax Alcremie will change to G-Max Finale.
G-Max Finale will heal all Pokémon on Alcremie's side while dealing damage to an opponent!"

Pokemon galcremie 2x

"The metal composing its body is incredibly durable but also surprisingly light. It only weighs about 88 lbs. in total. Thanks to this, Duraludon can move quite quickly in spite of its appearance. Its body is weak to corrosion, however, and is known to rust easily."

"Duraludon live in caves and mountainous areas. Their two arms have slightly different shapes from each other, and they use these to grind down rock surfaces for food. They share their habitat with Tyranitar, and these two Pokémon are often seen battling each other in the mountains of the Galar region."

Pokemon duraludon 2x

"Its red eye can illuminate dark areas, while it uses the lump of coal attached to its body like a wheel to move through coal mines and caves. It seems to be able to travel smoothly even over rough terrain."

Pokemon rolycoly 2x

"Until about one hundred years ago, every household in the Galar region had a Rolycoly. The families would use the coal that dropped off its body for cooking and heating their homes. Even in the modern day, Rolycoly is a very popular Pokémon to take for outdoor activities!"

"Rolycoly's Ability, Steam Engine, is a new Ability introduced in these titles. A Pokémon with this Ability will get a Speed stat boost if it's hit with a Fire- or Water-type move during battle!"

-It crushes opponents with its massive body

"The power of Gigantamaxing has allowed it to stand on its hind legs and become bipedal! From its standing position, it can come crashing down on opposing Pokémon and crush them with its massive body!"

-It has the strength to punch holes through rocky mountains

"Drednaw normally keeps its neck retracted within its shell, but when it attacks, it can rapidly shoot its neck out. Its jaws are also incredibly strong, capable of easily biting through huge metal towers. The strength of its jaws combined with the force of its neck gives Drednaw the power to punch a hole through a rocky mountain in a single strike."

-G-Max Move: G-Max Stonesurge

"Water-type moves used by Gigantamax Drednaw will change to G-Max Stonesurge. G-Max Stonesurge doesn't just deal damage to an opponent—it will scatter sharp rocks around the opponent and cause Pokémon entering the battlefield to take damage!"

Pokemon gdrednaw 2x

-Reinforced body armor

"Corviknight uses its massive wings to catch updrafts created by Gigantamax energy to hover in the air while it battles. The armor on its body has been reinforced, so attacks from Pokémon on the ground barely have any effect on it!"

-Independently flying blade birds

"Gigantamax energy has caused the armor covering Corviknight's wings to separate and become blade birds, capable of flying independently. Corviknight launches these blade birds at the target, using them to slash its opponents."

-G-Max Move: G-Max Wind Rage

"Flying-type moves used by Gigantamax Corviknight will change to G-Max Wind Rage. G-Max Wind Rage deals damage to an opponent, but that's not all—it will also remove any effects of moves like Reflect, Light Screen, Spikes, and Electric Terrain that the opponents may have!"

Pokemon gcorviknight 2x

Hopefully the Gen 7 meta will still continue after Gen 8 as half of the Pokémon species aren´t in Gen 8.

Duraludon looks like a Digimon to me. And the stuff on its head & the cannon thing remind me of a power socket or something. Don't really like its design, but at least it's a Steel/Dragon.

Yay! Shared taste! Maybe this is a case of "great minds think alike", but I'm unsure we're in the majority, & it might be A BIT/a lot/extremely conceited/fallacious of me to say I've a great mind.

As an expert on Digimon, I can honestly say that Duraludon looks NOTHING like a Digimon.

Now as I said last time, Name a Pokemon and I'll name a Digimon that is better.

Somebody said Kangaskhan, so the Digimon that is better then Kangaskhan is Kangarumon.
Tumblr inline odfos94Ozg1rzxj11 500

Could you please not bring up this again Henry? I am fine with discussing Digimon things, but not like this, it will do alot of backlash

And design varies from person to person. It will neve exist a universal agreement or disagreement, like this, i personally think that this Digimon is kinda bad. And well, i don't care if you are a expert, i think that Duraludon is more like a design for digimon, and i will still think that

Drite77 said:
And design varies from person to person. It will neve exist a universal agreement or disagreement, like this, i personally think that this Digimon is kinda bad. And well, i don't care if you are a expert, i think that Duraludon is more like a design for digimon, and i will still think that
It doesn't look like a Digimon, if you compare it to Rolycoly, they look alike. If anything it looks like an Appmon.

I would like to discuss the Tapus.

I don't like Tapu-Koko because he is too ******* annoying, I don't like Tapu-Fini because she looks like a b!tch, I like Tapu-Bulu because I like bulls and almost anything to do with them and I like Tapu-Lele because she looks like a Go-Cart.

Drite77 said:
Define annoying and looking like a b!tch
Have you fought a Tapu-Koko? Also, just look at her.
Tapu Fini
She got this condescending look to her, like she's thinking, "Who the Hell are you? Well, no matter who you are, just know one thing I am better then you in every way!"

Drite77 said:
>Using Night Slash when you have Gunk Shot against a Ash-Greninja
IDK man, what was you planning?
Planning to not miss, that's what I was planning! You saw I missed and the battle went from a 3-0 to a 1-0!

The crit there saved your life. You would need to win 2 out of the 4 speed ties to ko, VS 1 of Gunk Shot that still has respectable accuracy, or you could use a Gunk Shot, then use Night Slash, you were basically relying on more RNG with the Night Slashs

And that Digimon is not better than Pikachu. Why? Because that is not a fact mate, people can like Pikachu more than Erismon and vice versa

Drite77 said:
The crit there saved your life. You would need to win 3 out of the 4 speed ties to ko, VS 2 shots From Gunk Shot that still has respectable accuracy, or you could use a Gunk Shot, then use Night Slash, you were basically relying on more RNG with the Night Slashs
Anything below 95% Accuracy is TRASH!

Drite77 said:
And that Digimon is not better than Pikachu. Why? Because that is not a fact mate, people can like Pikachu more than Erismon and vice versa
Erismon is Sonic the Hedgehog as a Digimon and Sonic is BETTER than Pikachu!

HenryWong122 said:
Drite77 said:
The crit there saved your life. You would need to win 3 out of the 4 speed ties to ko, VS 2 shots From Gunk Shot that still has respectable accuracy, or you could use a Gunk Shot, then use Night Slash, you were basically relying on more RNG with the Night Slashs
Anything below 95% Accuracy is TRASH!
Press X to doubt

Back