• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wholeheartedly agree with Katakuri scaling to AT LEAST baseline High 7-A. Just because he didn't one shot Luffy, that doesn't disprove that he kept up with, traded blows with, and harmed G4 Luffy on multiple occasions as proven by @KingTempest

Feats should NEVER be dismissed "just because". I also agree with KingTempest's last post regarding the Zoro situation. People really should read the thread carefully before commenting, no offense.

Baseline High 7-A Katakuri sounds reasonable for now.

But regarding the issue of scaling base Luffy's durability to Katakuri, that just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Luffy was getting wrecked by Katakuri's attacks, he would have outright died if Katakuri hit him directly with his spear instead of giving him a glancing hit, but I'm 99% sure that the main reason why Luffy could keep getting back up after being beaten by Katakuri is his sheer tenacity and endurance, not his durability.

I agree with Damage, I think "At least 7-A" or 7-A+ for Base Luffy's durability works better.
He survived a lot of hits, yes, but at the end of the day he didn't get directly hit very often (iirc) and was getting dominated.

Yeah there's no reason to changes base Luffy's durability.

On a different note I think we should update Mihawk's statistics from "at least 7-A+, possibly High 7-A" to "At least High 7-A" for scaling above Zoro at his storngest (which is his higher rating > baseline High 7-A).

I can respect that.
I'll list the feats just so those who haven't seen the fight in a while have better context.
  1. Luffy matches (to an extent) a Mochi Hawk Gatling from Katakuri.
  2. Takes a Mochi Hawk Gatling from Katakuri.
  3. Gets kicked in the face by Katakuri.
  4. Momentarily matches (gets overpowered badly) a Mochi Elephant Gun.
  5. Takes some more hits from Katakuri who protected his sister from him.
  6. Willow Mochi kick Luffy (Luffy dodges).
  7. Gets kicked in the stomach by Katakuri.
  8. Willow Mochi after Mochi'd Gigant Axe (Luffy gets hit by one foot).
  9. Gets thrown into a wallby Luffy.
    1. Base Luffy is complimented by Katakuri for his speed.
  10. Gets enveloped by Awakened Mochi (Katakuri stops him from going Gear Fourth).
  11. Gets squished by large pillars of Mochi.
    1. Complimented by Katakuri again (idk if this is battle based).
  12. Backlash from clash against Armament Haki.
  13. Luffy kicks Katakuri.
  14. Gear Fourth does his thing. Skip to when Gear Fourth runs out. Luffy is extremely tired and bruised by running around, but he catches himself and regains Haki.
  15. Gets hit by a barrage of Katakuri's hits.
  16. Katakuri kicks him into a wall and traps him in Mochi.
  17. Luffy gets punched in the face.
  18. Luffy matches his Elephant Gun then gets kicked in the face.
  19. Gets sent into a wall by Katakuri.
  20. Gets pierced in the side of his body by his trident.
  21. While blocking, he gets kicked into a wall.
  22. Punched by Katakuri again.
  23. Gets absolutely bodiedby Katakuri.
    1. Katakuri states that he gave Luffy a fatal blow.
  24. Gets hit in the face, then blocks a bunch of his attacks.
  25. Gets hit by burning mochi and is sent through a building.
  26. Injured Luffy punches Katakuri in the face.
  27. Luffy takes a punch from Katakuri.
  28. Luffy gets stomped by Katakuri.
  29. Gets punchedby him too.
    1. The past 3 feats have been over the span of 2 hours.

Base Luffy has taken more hits than even the Gear Transformations. Me personally, I think he scales.
Durability page says this
Durability is the property which guarantees the ability to withstand a certain amount of force. This is not to be confused with endurance; while durability is the ability to withstand damage, endurance is a measure of stamina.
And Luffy has gotten one shot in better health conditions (2 Yonko), which shows that enough AP can massively put him down.
I honestly don't believe that Luffy's Durability changes in his different Gears (a bunch of air isn't changing your durability), but that's just me.

If you guys don't think he scales, it's understandable.

Yeah, H7A durability for Luffy, it makes no sense to have it at 7A+ when he took so many hits from Katakuri, it would give H7A AP to Apoo due to harming him and Zoro, which in turn means all Tobiroppo are H7A.

Yeah it would mean Big Mom's strongest fighter is literally only comparable to the second rate fighters of Kaido.

I can respect that.
I'll list the feats just so those who haven't seen the fight in a while have better context.
  1. Luffy matches (to an extent) a Mochi Hawk Gatling from Katakuri.
  2. Takes a Mochi Hawk Gatling from Katakuri.
  3. Gets kicked in the face by Katakuri.
  4. Momentarily matches (gets overpowered badly) a Mochi Elephant Gun.
  5. Takes some more hits from Katakuri who protected his sister from him.
  6. Willow Mochi kick Luffy (Luffy dodges).
  7. Gets kicked in the stomach by Katakuri.
  8. Willow Mochi after Mochi'd Gigant Axe (Luffy gets hit by one foot).
  9. Gets thrown into a wallby Luffy.
    1. Base Luffy is complimented by Katakuri for his speed.
  10. Gets enveloped by Awakened Mochi (Katakuri stops him from going Gear Fourth).
  11. Gets squished by large pillars of Mochi.
    1. Complimented by Katakuri again (idk if this is battle based).
  12. Backlash from clash against Armament Haki.
  13. Luffy kicks Katakuri.
  14. Gear Fourth does his thing. Skip to when Gear Fourth runs out. Luffy is extremely tired and bruised by running around, but he catches himself and regains Haki.
  15. Gets hit by a barrage of Katakuri's hits.
  16. Katakuri kicks him into a wall and traps him in Mochi.
  17. Luffy gets punched in the face.
  18. Luffy matches his Elephant Gun then gets kicked in the face.
  19. Gets sent into a wall by Katakuri.
  20. Gets pierced in the side of his body by his trident.
  21. While blocking, he gets kicked into a wall.
  22. Punched by Katakuri again.
  23. Gets absolutely bodiedby Katakuri.
    1. Katakuri states that he gave Luffy a fatal blow.
  24. Gets hit in the face, then blocks a bunch of his attacks.
  25. Gets hit by burning mochi and is sent through a building.
  26. Injured Luffy punches Katakuri in the face.
  27. Luffy takes a punch from Katakuri.
  28. Luffy gets stomped by Katakuri.
  29. Gets punchedby him too.
    1. The past 3 feats have been over the span of 2 hours.

Base Luffy has taken more hits than even the Gear Transformations. Me personally, I think he scales.
Durability page says this

And Luffy has gotten one shot in better health conditions (2 Yonko), which shows that enough AP can massively put him down.
I honestly don't believe that Luffy's Durability changes in his different Gears (a bunch of air isn't changing your durability), but that's just me.

If you guys don't think he scales, it's understandable.
Jeez, I really had forgotten how many times he actually got smashed by Katakuri. I'd say there's enough here to scale his durability, especially when base Luffy's AP was specifically shown to not be on Katakuri's level (the Armament Haki clash for example), while his durability was enough to take so much punishment and still be capable of fighting.

But I'm unsure if we can scale him since Katakuri is only baseline, and was clearly stronger than Luffy. I think "At least 7-A+" works too tbh.

Yeah it would mean Big Mom's strongest fighter is literally only comparable to the second rate fighters of Kaido.
I mean, base Luffy did flip Ulti and was thinking about going Gear Fourth on her.
Plus isn't he about to fight Kaido? Give it 10 chapters and we'll see some 6-C Luffy feats.

Is this thread a good place to actually address the issues with Luffy's Gear 4 multiplier, or is that better saved for a separate thread?

I thought we didn't accept commander level, admiral level and etc? So first rate and second rate means as much. Or maybe you aren't being sarcastic, but i think you was, but whatever.

Luffy's Gear Fourth multiplier is based on Tensile Force. It's not like a Super Saiyan multiplier or something, he's just compressing and releasing with the extra air in his body.

I honestly don't think a single transformation of Luffy except Tank Man raises durability.

Luffy's Gear Fourth multiplier is based on Tensile Force. It's not like a Super Saiyan multiplier or something, he's just compressing and releasing with the extra air in his body.

I honestly don't think a single transformation of Luffy except Tank Man raises durability.
I'm pretty sure Damage is about to raise some issues with it multiplying his AP as well, but I guess we'll find out soon enough if he decides to discuss it here lol.

I thought we didn't accept commander level, admiral level and etc? So first rate and second rate means as much.
We don't but still logically it wouldn't make sense for Kaido to fear/worry about Big Mom coming to Wano with her children if her strongest is only comparable to that level. Not using it as a reason for scaling but pointing it out.

We don't but still logically it wouldn't make sense for Kaido to fear/worry about Big Mom coming to Wano with her children if her strongest is only comparable to that level. Not using it as a reason for scaling but pointing it out.
Didn't King flip their whole ship and sent them under water?

It's a good place to do so imo, since without the multiplier, the High 7-A ratings don't even exist, so it directly affects the whole premise of this CRT.

Okay, well, this page here is the current basis of "Luffy is using at least 3 times the power of his Gear 3 attacks".

This is based around the interpretation that Doflamingo is talking about "Luffy's limit" as in the previous highest limit of his attacks which would be Gear 3.

But I don't think that's what Doflamingo is actually saying. Luffy isn't raising his power to be several times higher than Gear 3.

He's just doing the fist-compression thing to make his punch several times stronger than a normal punch. Hence why Doflamingo appears at first to be blocking Luffy just swinging his arm at him, and then gets sent flying. The tensile force is increasing the power of his Gear 4 state, not his Gear 3 state.

The end result is an attack that is, of course, stronger than his Gear 3 hits, but I don't think it is as simple as a "Gear 3 AP x at least 3 = Gear 4 AP".

Linlin and her children have much more than strength on their side, Kaido being an Yonkou probably knows about Katakuri's future sight and Cracker's Unlimited Biscuit Works, Linlin's own second rate fighters are 377, meaning she would be below Kaido in army strength even if the Tobiroppo are just 7A+. While Kaido is completely focused in raw power and numbers.

Linlin and her children have much more than strength on their side, Kaido being an Yonkou probably knows about Katakuri's future sight and Cracker's Unlimited Soldiers Works, Linlin's own second rate fighters are 377, meaning she would be below Kaido in army strength even if the Tobiroppo are just 7A+.
Fair enough

I think Damage makes sense, but how would this affect the scaling if the "several times" statement is applied to base Luffy instead of G3 Luffy?

Luffy's highest techniques would barely be High 7-A since they could one shot Doflamingo. Everything else would be 7-A+ if not super baseline High 7-A.

Katakuri and Cracker's High 7-A would crumble, which means Luffy's High 7-A Dura falls and Beast Pirates 7-A is no (if they don't fall at High 7-A)

Everyone currently with Mountain+ ratings would scale to Gear Fourth Luffy, closing a much larger gap in strength from the other characters.

This could MASSIVELY affect the 6-Cs though.

The gap between Luffy and baseline 6-C is bigger now, does that mean Kaido and Co. should just be "At least High 7-A" for now?

We don't even have a large difference in AP.

Base Luffy scales off Sanji who's 377.
Gear 2nd and 3rd both scale off Fujitora who's 420 megatons.

Gear Fourth would drop from 1,260 to 1,131.

To be honest, it's actually not as bad.

We don't even have a large difference in AP.

Base Luffy scales off Sanji who's 377.
Gear 2nd and 3rd both scale off Fujitora who's 420 megatons.

Gear Fourth would drop from 1,260 to 1,131.

To be honest, it's actually not as bad.
Really? I thought G4 was 1.65 gigatons. Don't remember where I heard that, but I guess I was wrong.

Zoro would still be baseline for one shotting apoo.
High 7-A starts at 1,000.
Luffy would be at 1,131 during Dressrosa though.

After dressrosa, the justifications are ass.

Mountain Class in Base, higher with Gear 2nd, likely Mountain Class+ with Gear 3rd (Stronger than before), Large Mountain Class with Gear 4th (Snake-Man matched Katakuri on almost every blow. Bound-Man and Tank-Man at least as strong as before), higher with Strongest Attacks (Stronger than his normal Gear 4th Attacks) | At least Mountain Class in Base, higher with Gear 2nd, Mountain Class+ with Gear 3rd, at least Large Mountain Class with Gear 4th (Stronger than before), higher with Strongest Attacks (Stronger than his normal Gear 4th Attacks)

It's all just "stronger than before"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back