• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Zoro and Mihawk IQ rework.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be a simple thread given the fact that neither character will be receiving a change in stats or abilities. Rather this thread will aim to bump the intelligence of the two most renowned swordsmen, shout-out to @UchihaSlayer96 and @Eminiteable for the helping either providing the information or reviewing the rough draft.

Refining and adjusting the duo's intelligence sections.

Now let's get into the main subject here, both Zoro and Mihawk or at the very least Mihawk should receive upgrades to their intelligence sections to combat extraordinary genius and I'll list why here. As we know from this thread, the qualifications for extraordinary genius require the wild creation of machines depending on the character's field of expertise, and in this case in would be combat intelligence. More specifically in the form of swordsmanship.

Below I'll list of all the reasons as to why I believe they'd qualify for such a rating.

This should be the easiest part of the thread, as we all know Mihawk is the strongest and most skilled swordman in One Piece in both name and actuality. This is stated multiple times in both the manga and various databooks, further backed up by the fact that he was capable of skill stomping East Blue Zoro with nothing but fancy footwork and a small dagger and then later training Zoro himself.

Mihawk is stated to be a master of the two prominent Zenith's of Swordsmanship, Goken and Joken (Hard and soft style Swordsmanship.) which I'll explain below, also being stated to be an extraordinary master swordman, whereas Zoro's only described as a Master swordsman, anything Zoro is capable of Mihawk is capable of overcoming and matching in swordsmanship. Mihawk is also stated to be able to see someone's true potential, power and talent as a swordsman passively.

In One Piece only the strongest of swordsman are able to achieve what is considered to be the very zenith of swordsman, Goken. In short, Goken is the state that only the most experienced swordsman can reach allowing them to make their blade bend to their will, allowing them to cut whatever they wish and to not cut whatever they wish to protect. This level of swordsman adds in the following abilities, the ability to sense the "breath." of all things (even working on inanimate objects.) and by doing such this allows swordsmen in One Piece to calculate the trajectory of oncoming attacks before they happen. This level of experience even allows the user to be able to calculate the trajectory of attacks while being effected by severe blood loss, causing extreme loss of coordination, organ failure, and the temporary loss of sight and hearing, while on death's door and still fight with optimal efficiency.

This Analytical Prediction even works against other users of Goken such as T-Bone who's attacks such as Bird of Prey is capable of changing it's trajectory, with a Pre Time Skip Zoro out predicting him. More abilities that Goken includes is Information Analysis that allows for durability negation based on analyzing and grasping the breathing, power, timing, vital points and angle to cut at allowing them to cut virtually anything (within reason.)

Here's also a better explanation which is the following. Here's the website statement for breath stuff tho:
■師匠の教えを胸に、鉄を斬る!『一刀流「居合」〝獅子歌歌〟』

アラバスタ編での、体が鉄の硬さを持った「全身刃物人間」Mr.1とのバトルでは、鉄を斬ることができないゾロの斬撃は全く効かず、苦戦を強いられます。敵の容赦ない攻撃に〝死の境地〟まで到達したその時、ゾロは万物の「呼吸」を読み取ることができるようになります。師匠の教えを思い出し、Mr.1の鉄の「呼吸」を読み、相手を斬る時の力、タイミング、急所などを把握すると、あれほど響かなかったゾロの刃は、相手を斬り抜いたのです。その速さたるや、まさに神速。斬る瞬間は目にも止まらず、納刀する頃には敵は膝をついて崩れ落ち…。自身に試練を与えてくれたMr.1に対し感謝を述べるところも、ゾロの成長が伺えます(『ONE PIECE』21巻195話)。

With the teachings of the master in mind, slay the iron! "Ittoryu "Iai" "Shishi Sonson""

In the Alabaster Arc, Zoro's slashes were completely ineffective in the battle against Mr. 1, a "full-body blade man" whose body has the hardness of iron, and he was forced to struggle. When he reaches the point of death due to the enemy's relentless attacks, Zoro is able to read the "breath" of all things. Remembering his master's teachings, he read Mr.1's iron "breath" and grasped the power, timing, and vital points of his attack. The speed of the cut was truly divine. The moment of the cut was unstoppable, and by the time he had finished, the enemy had fallen to his knees. The fact that he expresses his gratitude to Mr.1 for giving him the ordeal also shows Zoro's growth (ONE PIECE, vol. 21, episode 195).

For starters Zoro's natural information is honestly slept on but the profile doesn't quite reflect that. For starters it's stated that Zoro is easily capable of creating highly effective counter measures and analyzing his opponents various times. By doing so this has allowed Zoro to pull off some pretty ridiculous feats, such as using his IQ to deduce the weakness of Hachi's swordsman, evading all of the 6 armed Fish-man's attacks with ease, and even deduced that the best method of countering Hachi's swordsmanship, such as spinning himself ontop of Hachi's blades and then instantly countering within that moment. All with his eyes closed.

This becomes more impressive whenever it's stated that Fishmen such as Hachi remain unmatched amongst humans due to the unpredictability and sheer flexibility of his 6 limbs all of which are capable of acting independently from Hachi himself, as cephalopods have 9 brains, allowing each limb to act independently. Zoro's attacks are also harder to register than the aforementioned Hachi's attacks which are high unpredictable as is.

Post time skip he does the same thing to another Fish-man but being stated to be significantly more skilled than Hachi.

Other showings of advanced showings of his information Analysis / ability to form highly effective counter measures on the spot would be Zoro creating an entirely new form of swordsmanship known as Mutoryu after being disarmed of his swords. In which Zoro is able to utilize if ever disarmed of his swords, revolving around throws and changing the trajectory of his opponents momentum, allowing Zoro to fling his opponents at one another, allowing him to cut without technically having a blade on him.

In terms of Analytical Zoro is able to outpredict other users of Goken, and using his Goken Zoro was able to match Kaku's Kenbunshoku Haki (Unknown levels at the time but still offering shit like Analytical Prediction.), being capable of predicting the trajectory of oncoming attacks even if said action is taken by inanimate objects. Zoro's Analytical Prediction has also allowed him to counter opponents who are capable of going FTE, amongst various speed amps. Predicting attacks with ever changing trajectory from other Goken users.

As you'd know by now Zoro has created many different types of unique forms of swordsmanship, such as Santoryu, Mutoryu, and Kyutoryu, all of which are different forms of swordsmanship that he himself made and continues to improve upon them. The most similar feat I can think of IRL to Zoro's feats of creating a new effective swordsmanship style would be Miyamato Musashi who's widely known for his creation of Nitoryu, or more commonly known as two sword style. (Which Zoro has also mastered alongside Ittoryu.) and I'd argue Zoro's creation is significantly more impressive given how unorthodox yet incredibly efficient it is.

Zoro is also easily capable of recreating his opponents techniques, as seen when he copied Kin'no's Kitsunebi-ryu and even outright surpassing Kino's usage.

sorry for the intrusion, may i ask what combat extraordinary genius is?
how is it different from combat genius?

DAMN. Easy agree from me, great job Gin!
sorry for the intrusion, may i ask what combat extraordinary genius is?
how is it different from combat genius?
IIRC Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star also has combat EG (or used to).

I think it's kinda like how Genius is "peak by realistic/human standards", while EG is beyond realistic/peak human levels.

IIRC Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star also has combat EG (or used to).

I think it's kinda like how Genius is "peak by realistic/human standards", while EG is beyond realistic/peak human levels.
....that really doesn't say much tbh

what even is considered "peak human intelligence"?
where do you draw the line btween extraordinary genius and regular genius?

....that really doesn't say much tbh

what even is considered "peak human intelligence"?
where do you draw the line btween extraordinary genius and regular genius?
Extraordinary Geniuses can outperform standard Geniuses. It's really just a matter of a hierarchy when it comes to intelligence, with thus case referring to combat intelligence.

Extraordinary Geniuses can outperform standard Geniuses. It's really just a matter of a hierarchy when it comes to intelligence, with thus case referring to combat intelligence.

nvm i just read the wiki

Extraordinary Genius: Individuals whose knowledge spreads over multiple fields of science and who vastly surpass the real world's upper human limits. At this level, many are capable of creating extremely advanced futuristic technology, executing complex strategies even under high pressure, outperforming supercomputers,[1] and even accurately predicting the future through sheer mental calculations. This is where super scientists of exceptional scientific knowledge begin to appear.

i guess zoro fullfils the executing complex strategies even under high pressure requirement

I assume the combat Intelligence here means the CI of Real Life peeps, no?

I honestly didn't think Extraordinary Genius exists for Combat, since a lot of swordsman/martial arts characters will qualify due to having shit far beyond normal human standards.

Anyways, I agree with the changes.

Well, I will admit I may not have the best consistent judgement so I wouldn't fully take my word for it. But iirc, Extraordinary Genius isn't really something we give for combat intelligence and Genius is usually the highest level of intellect we give to people are are combat strategists which I'm fine with that for sure at least. And Extraordinary Genius is basically like futuristic supercomputer level intellect typically or is usually the type of rating for characters who single handedly build entire robot civilizations/empires. Though, it might be possible for characters who can combine scientific genius with combat genius or whose combat intellect scales from those who have feats excelling at both.

But I'll remain neutral for now and let people who are better informed of Extraordinary Genius levels probably handle it. And I can promise that Genius level combat intelligence is still the bare minimum.

Well, I will admit I may not have the best consistent judgement so I wouldn't fully take my word for it. But iirc, Extraordinary Genius isn't really something we give for combat intelligence and Genius is usually the highest level of intellect we give to people are are combat strategists which I'm fine with that for sure at least. And Extraordinary Genius is basically like futuristic supercomputer level intellect typically or is usually the type of rating for characters who single handedly build entire robot civilizations/empires. Though, it might be possible for characters who can combine scientific genius with combat genius or whose combat intellect scales from those who have feats excelling at both.

But I'll remain neutral for now and let people who are better informed of Extraordinary Genius levels probably handle it. And I can promise that Genius level combat intelligence is still the bare minimum.
That's not necessarily true, for this particular category all they'd need to do is outdo IRL genius's in their respective field's, such as Itachi from Naruto having the same thing for similar reasons.

Tbh the intelligence section doesn't even account for combat intelligence/skill, so I don't really know why anyone would have extraordinary genius combat intelligence to begin with

This is misrepresenting why Itachi got EG bruh. Absolutely a false equivalence here 😭
This is a blatant far cry from a misrepresentation, the only issue being is that you guys hyperfocused on a singular point, that being that I simply name dropped him lmfao. Hell I even said "similar reasons." not the "same reasons." so I really don't appreciate the false claim of a golden mean fallacy whenever it doesn't apply here to BEGIN with.

There's nothing I've misrepresented on my behalf in the slightest. Itachi was used as an example of a character not having to be required to create vast technology and such, nothing more, nothing less. All that's required is outperforming geniuses in their respective fields and predicting future attacks via means of intelligence / combat intelligence.

I also asked the literal dude who made that CRT in particular and Slayer thinks this is alright for Zoro and Mihawk's. And I quote

But uhhh for EG I guess your best shot would be finding some feats for Mihawk that involve him swiftly coming up with and executing complex strategies in the midst of combat, accurately predicting the future through sheer intelligence, and otherwise just outperforming IRL geniuses in some way shape or form (doesn't have to be scientific or anything, just in any field). You'd probably need a few of each, but yeah that's about it.
Obviously there's other requirements, like inventing advanced futuristic technology, but I doubt that'll apply to Mihawk lol.

Yeah, I think this should work to give them EG in swordsmanship. And as far as adding arguments, the more the merrier when it comes to these things lol. So go ham on that as much as you can

yeah, this is not true.
Unfortunately for you it is.
I disagree with Extraordinary Genius
For no reasons? Gotcha then I'll ignore ya.
Tbh the intelligence section doesn't even account for combat intelligence/skill, so I don't really know why anyone would have extraordinary genius combat intelligence to begin with
This is a blatant lie as well, we literally use the intelligence sections for skill feats so try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back