• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
This is gonna be for the Mid-High Tiers.
This is a lot.

A lot of these characters have "possibly" on their ranking for High 7-A. The possibly's have no backing to why they're possibles, even though some of them scale off Luffy who has a solid High 7-A rating.
Some scale off the Admirals who were decided in this thread to be High 7-A or High 7-A+.

I have no issue with these being denied btw.
Here are my suggestions:

Ones that I want to implement on my own accord.
  • Scratchmen Apoo
    • Attack Potency: Mountain level+ (His "Fighting Music" put a deep cut into Zoro and momentarily incapacitated Base Luffy during the Siege of Onigashima. He was able to leave a mark on Luffy from a blunt force attack, even with the latter's Blunt Force Resistance).
    • Durability:Mountain level+ (Took an attack from Eustass Kid, His tonfas took attacks from a human-allosaurus hybrid form X Drake).
  • X Drake
    • Attack Potency:Mountain level+ (Should be at least stronger than Gear Third Luffy, since he could one shot a number, which Luffy had to go Gear Fourth to fight, matched a casual Zoro). Higher with Zoan Form.
My reasoning for their durability is because if the admirals should be at least High 7-A via the other thread, then a casual kick from Kizaru should be at least on his tier if not a little lower. I did Mountain+ since it's not that far off from Large Mountain, but not too low where they would've died.

Scaling off of them would be
And the Scabbards
And the headliners

And Captain fodder high tier himself + aunty
And the new fire fist.
  • Sabo
    • Attack Potency:Large Mountain level (Capable of battling against Fujitora, though the latter was using the fight as an excuse not to go after Luffy, thus he was likely holding back)
All we had for the Admirals is this calc for Aokiji.

Damage had the High 7-A, possibly 6-C for the Admirals, but we need a solid basis on it as well. Any numbers or calcs or anything will be appreciated.

My bad for the long OP, but this is OP right? It fits.

Conclusion:
Those who scale to Luffy in G4 get High 7-A.

Apoo scaling chain is the basis of Wano, off of backscaling from Kizaru.

Jack presumably didn't change, so Fujitora and Tsuru, also Sabo, scale to him.

Edit:

Results:​

Apoo scaling to Kizaru - Rejected
Katakuri, Cracker, and Doflamingo scaling to Luffy - Rejected
Zoro upscaling off of Apoo - Rejected
Admirals - Nothing

Last edited:
I definitely agree with the Katakuri portion, everything else seems fine at a glance, but I'll go through the specifics later.

Edit: the whole first portion looks pretty good to me, and I agree with it.

There's a lot to go through, I'll address one of them first being:

Scratchmen Apoo

He didn't damage Kizaru himself, only his Logia state. Even Robin could break apart Aokiji's Logia body, and she's massively weaker than him. Likewise Luffy in Marineford "harmed" all 3 of the Admirals Logia bodies. It shouldn't count for scaling.

Would the same apply to his technique that cut off his hand in the second scan?

Damn. That makes sense.

I would argue that his attacks attack the "true form" of a DF user, since he hurt Luffy with a blunt music attack, but there were no shown wounds, so that's that.

I know you're not going to argue that, but if you did, then that would mean that Kizaru was... you know... dead. :p
Dead Laser Photon Boy Yayyy 😁

But on a serious note, that one wouldn't scale to anybody except Apoo, so it's not too controversial.

The main ones that scale to everyone are

G4 Luffy
Zoro
Jack
And that's it.

Also.

If the Admirals get put to High 7-A or High 7-A+, Ace would scale off of Aokiji. That would give a large scaling chain.

Garp > Sengoku > Blackbeard ≥ Ace > Aokiji's Ice > MINIMUM High 7-A.

Burgess would scale as well for taking Ace's attack, which would give Sabo another justification.

You've put the same justification for Kawamatsu and Ashura Doji.

Nothing about the Tobiroppo? Anyway, i 100% agree with the removal of Kata's 7A end, the problem is, wouldn't that also change Luffy's Durability?
There's like 1 Tobiroppo member with a profile lol.

Luffy's only durability feat off of Katakuri is Mountain level+ in Base (Withstood being battered by Katakuri, but still suffered injury).

Wait. OH, that would definitely be Large Mountain in Base off of Katakuri, which would be a solid Large Mountain for Apoo.

Well, profile or not, they still scale, and two of them have a profile, granted, Drake was a traitor.

Well, i think it would be better to not give him any durability.

Someone's gonna pick up this thread and try to give Luffy a base Large Mountain level CRT. But I'd generally be okay with it if we had better feats for mid-high tiers

Question.

Would Ace and Jinbe's fight 2 years prior to the story fit for scaling?

To scale Jinbe or Ace? Anyway, both have more than that fight to put them at solid H7A without even using said fight, but i think it is valid.

The Cracker and Katakuri bit are both wrong. "Punched Gear 4th Luffy to the point he ran away" is wrong as the latter only left due to Gear 4th about to be disabled. Cracker only cut into Luffy's arm via Haki, and the Honey Pretzel only caused a small cut and we don't see it do any more damage.

Doflamingo's "higher with Awakening" is also false since his threads were damaged by Luffy's headbutt while his body could tank through most attacks despite already being wounded. Blocking one attack doesn't automatically boost his thread durability when they were shown tanking ONE strike that his body could withstand without even using Haki.

Don't put false information on the profiles. None of these 3 characters have EVER been shown going equal with Bound-Man in terms of power. If you disagree, prove it.

the 7-A+ rating is not being removed from the profiles because ALL characters who have it get the scaling from either being >>other 7-As like Gear 3rd Luffy, or =/> Doflamingo. The only solid High 7-A is Bound-Man Luffy currently.

Fujitora is NOT getting High 7-A. Jack is 7-A+ and gets the stat from fighting BOTH Fuji + Tsuru and also being suggested as > the Tobi Roppo, who are 7-A+

I'm not going to bother with the other ones like "High 7-A Zoro" because they're just wrong on so many levels. None of this makes any sense and is heavily opinionated.

Why are we scaling Apoo to causing a Logia user to split in two...?

Cracker only cut into Luffy's arm via Haki
And that means he does not scale because? It was Haki vs Haki, and by Zoro vs Pica we know the strongest haki will be able to cut through the defenses of the weaker one, Haki isn't hax so it makes no sense to not scale it to his stats, even if it is just "H7A via haki". And anyway, Kata was able to fight equally with Snakeman, even making he spill blood a few times.

Last edited:
@XDragnoir -

1) Haki potent enough will cause Luffy's elastic properties to cease.

2) Haki increases every user's AP/Dura by an undetermined amount, so we don't scale it beyond being "Stat Amp" since it's guess work for every character except for a few like Gear 4th Luffy (Who Doffy regarded as several times stronger than his previous limit), Gear 3rd Luffy (Who has primarily Haki feats), and Bellamy (Who could hurt Luffy through his Haki protection via his own Haki), and eventually the Scabbards since they can consistently do light harm to Kaido with their Ryuo.

3) The High 7-A is already on his profile for being able to put shallow cuts on Luffy anyways.

His durability does not come from his elasticity, his resistance to blunt force does, but it was a cut so his elasticity wouldn't come into play. Anyway, i think 7A+ normally, H7A with Haki is actually much better for Cracker, but i don't care that much about what we do to him, so whatever.

I am pretty sure what multiplied Luffy's strength was the Kin'niku Fusen and not the Haki itself, since the Haki is literally the same.

Yeah, it is and as i said before, i don't care that much to Cracker, my problem is giving the 7A+ end to Katakuri, who literally damaged a H7A more than once. Snakeman isn't strength focused tho, is the several times multiplier even valid to him?

Last edited:
The Cracker and Katakuri bit are both wrong. "Punched Gear 4th Luffy to the point he ran away" is wrong as the latter only left due to Gear 4th about to be disabled. Cracker only cut into Luffy's arm via Haki, and the Honey Pretzel only caused a small cut and we don't see it do any more damage.

Doflamingo's "higher with Awakening" is also false since his threads were damaged by Luffy's headbutt while his body could tank through most attacks despite already being wounded. Blocking one attack doesn't automatically boost his thread durability when they were shown tanking ONE strike that his body could withstand without even using Haki.

Don't put false information on the profiles. None of these 3 characters have EVER been shown going equal with Bound-Man in terms of power. If you disagree, prove it.
I never stated they went equal with Bound Man in terms of power. If they can harm them, they scale. That's how it has always worked.

I was wrong about the reasoning that Luffy ran. You were right on that.
G4 Luffy did land a crap ton of hits on Katakuri yes, when he was going crazy.

When Katakuri composed himself, Luffy stated "he's back to being tough again". Feats of Tough Katakuri to Gear Fourth Luffy?
For Cracker.
If Haki was the only factor, he would've pierced Tank-man.
My bad, Tank-man is too durable.
He would've cut into Bounce-man. Luffy states in base that his CoA is too hard. His soldier should've pierced base Luffy with that logic.
Saying Katakuri and Cracker doesn't scale, doesn't make sense.

And your argument for Doflamingo not scaling is because a different technique went through it. You didn't even deny my point, you just brought up another technique.
I just noticed, where Luffy hit it the first time had 2 layers. Where he hit the second time had 1 layer. That makes much more sense.

One of Luffy's punches (Python, which doesn't have a charge prior, it's just a stretched punch) drew blood from Doflamingo.
Culverin w/ 2 hands (charged up to be stronger) couldn't go through 2 layer Awakening.

I genuinely don't know what you mean.
Fujitora is NOT getting High 7-A. Jack is 7-A+ and gets the stat from fighting BOTH Fuji + Tsuru and also being suggested as > the Tobi Roppo, who are 7-A+.
Jack's profile doesn't have 7-A+. It's just 7-A.

There's deadass only 2 Tobiroppo with profiles and their justification is.
X Drake
  • Attack Potency: Unknown at base, Small City level in Zoan form (Harmed a Pacifista and sent it flying, and could bite into its head to the point of making it bleed) | Unknown at base, Mountain level with Zoan form (Harmed Sanji with a tail swing)
Page One
  • Attack Potency: Mountain level, Higher in Hybrid Form (Sent Sanji in "Stealth Black" flying after overpowering one of his kicks. Should be stronger than him in his raid suit).
Jack is scaling to Fujitora who did a casual feat. That means that they're definitely stronger than that since the only feat they have is casual.
You know you can be Large Mountain and harm someone in mountain right?
The Tobiroppo are only there because we don't know the perks of the Raid Suit, and it's justification is "stronger than before". That's the only reason why. People can get stronger with better justifications. Again, you do know, we're scaling off of a casual feat, which means they can be stronger.
I'm not going to bother with the other ones like "High 7-A Zoro" because they're just wrong on so many levels. None of this makes any sense and is heavily opinionated.
Zoro from my scaling got High 7-A for one shotting Apoo with one sword who survived a kick from Kizaru.
Am I saying Zoro > Kizaru? Hell no.
My justification for that was this:
My reasoning for their durability is because if the admirals should be at least High 7-A via the other thread, then a casual kick from Kizaru should be at least on his tier if not a little lower. I did Mountain+ since it's not that far off from Large Mountain, but not too low where they would've died.
And from what I know, if you massively upscale from Mountain+, you would go to the tier above.
The admirals, via the last thread, were stated by @Crabwhale and @Damage3245, that they should get At Least High 7-A ratings.
Why would surviving an attack from someone At Least High 7-A not be at least mountain?
And Zoro clearly did much more damage to a Post Timeskip Apoo than Kizaru did to a pre timeskip Apoo.
Why are we scaling Apoo to causing a Logia user to split in two...?
Read Damage's debunk.
He didn't damage Kizaru himself, only his Logia state. Even Robin could break apart Aokiji's Logia body, and she's massively weaker than him. Likewise Luffy in Marineford "harmed" all 3 of the Admirals Logia bodies. It shouldn't count for scaling.
Which makes sense.
I forgot, he reminded me. It was a mistake which I take fault for.
I have no issue with these being denied btw.

Last edited:
Fujitora regardless should've gotten an At Least on his profile.

Attack Potency: Mountain level (Stronger than Trafalgar Law as he was capable of casually overpowering him with his gravity powers. performed a feat of this level very casually)

Why is he getting a solid rating for a super casual feat? That doesn't even make sense. That's like saying

Attack Potency: Planet level (His sneeze was so strong that even when he covered 90% of it, he sneezed a planet into another galaxy).

That's really how it sounds right now.

Apoo fodder, don't scale him to Kizaru in any regard. Kizaru was holding back to an unknown extent and that kicked completely knocked him down. Should scale him otherwise.

Apoo fodder, don't scale him to Kizaru in any regard. Kizaru was holding back to an unknown extent and that kicked completely knocked him down. Should scale him otherwise.
He should backscale regardless for taking a hit.

He was holding back on everyone, still moving full speed.
KE = 1/2 MV^2. You can't change your mass, so he would have to go slower to get weaker (I know Lightspeed isn't meant for Kinetic energy in fiction, but my point stands just for striking strength).

Basically, I'm using the fact that he turned into light, showing that he went at the Speed of his devil fruit (his peak speed shown), and from what we know, can't change his mass, to show that he wasn't massively holding back, and they should backscale.

Isn't it better if we treat that durability feat as an outlier for some reason? For someone like Apoo, it's weird to make him on the same tier as Kizaru for taking a single hit, and that hit also left him incapacitated and badly hurt. I think we should scale him to anyone else but not Kizaru's level. It's also weird to me that his AP doesn't match his durability.

Isn't it better if we treat that durability feat as an outlier for some reason? For someone like Apoo, it's weird to make him on the same tier as Kizaru for taking a single hit, and that hit also left him incapacitated and badly hurt. I think we should scale him to anyone else but not Kizaru's level. It's also weird to me that his AP doesn't match his durability.
You're right, Apoo shouldn't scale to Kizaru in any way, shape or form

the 7-A+ for Jack is supposed to come from scaling above the Tobi Roppo (who scale above Base Luffy, and can hurt his 7-A+ durability), but the scaling has not been applied yet.

Someone suggested Base Luffy High 7-A Dura (me and the person who suggested it instantly said no btw) for taking a bunch of hits from Katakuri, who would be High 7-A by the thread.

If Post WCI Base Luffy got High 7-A Dura,
Tobiroppo would scale (Including Drake), which means Apoo and Zoro scale
Jack, Queen, and King would scale (which potentially means Raid Suit Sanji scales if people believe he tanked King's beak)
Fujitora would scale
Sabo would scale
Killer and Kid would scale.

It's a lot of ppl that would scale, plus a valid number would be there too.

Fits w/ my 2019 theory that more air in Luffy's body ≠ more dura, and that base and G4 Luffy have the Same Durability.

Or we downgrade Luffy's durability to 377 in base and remove the 7A+ end from Katakuri, my favorite option actually, as for the beast pirates tier? Meh, they would still be >>377 at the very least, and i disagree with the fact we can't powerscale the Calamities to the Sweet Generals, but whatever.

Also, Apoo's durability scaling to his Devil Fruit is completely wrong, idk who agreed with it.

Last edited:
Few issues with the Zoro scaling, Zoro one shot Apoo after his training with Enma where he got stronger, Killer would only scale to Zoro's Nitoryu pre-enma feats.

Don't agree with Apoo getting that durability since Kizaru was likely holding back.

I'm inclined to agree with the others that Apoo should not be scaling to Kizaru kicking him.

Kizaru basically incapacitated each of the Supernova that he kicked, aside from Hawkins thanks to his DF ability.

Also, characters don't necessarily fully scale to another just because they weren't killed in a single hit. Luffy survived Kaido's strike after all, which is why Kaido scales high above Luffy.

Also I disagree with Doflamingo's scaling, he was bodied by Boundman and even if he was injured there's no suggestion that he would have been able to harm him if he was healthy.
I never said Doflamingo should scale, I just gave his awakening High 7-A Durability for blocking one of Luffy's attacks. He has no feats against Luffy for AP, but it's a clear dura feat, so that's that.

I never said Doflamingo should scale, I just gave his awakening High 7-A Durability for blocking one of Luffy's attacks. He has no feats against Luffy for AP, but it's a clear dura feat, so that's that.
what attack did Dofla block?

what attack did Dofla block?
One of Luffy's punches (Python, which doesn't have a charge prior, it's just a stretched punch) drew blood from Doflamingo.
Culverin w/ 2 hands (charged up to be stronger) couldn't go through 2 layer Awakening.
This^
Few issues with the Zoro scaling, Zoro one shot Apoo after his training with Enma where he got stronger, Killer would only scale to Zoro's Nitoryu pre-enma feats.
Did Zoro even get stronger?
From what I know he was just mastering telling Enma "gimme my haki back". In other words, he was controlling the amount of Haki that he used for Enma (since Enma takes mad haki from the user).
He had mad sparring partners, he would've trained with them instead of standing there holding his sword while doing nothing.
And IIRC, the sword he used to hit Apoo wasn't Enma. It looked like Wado.
Don't agree with Apoo getting that durability since Kizaru was likely holding back.
I'd give him a mountain+ tbh.
I don't fully want him to get Large Mountain, but here's my stuff with it.
  • Apoo's current rating is Durability: Unknown, likely Mountain level+via power-scaling.
    • I wanted to solidify that rating into something. The Large Mountain would be a stretch, I can understand that, but his dura was already here at Mountain+.
  • I highly doubt he was holding back to the point of "lemme go from Large Mountain to City to make this fair". He came for this reason, which means he should've at least done more damage. And the only reason I'd accept him holding back any reason lower than Mountain+ is if he wanted to capture them, which he didn't.
  • Zoro would upscale for causing more damage to Apoo than Kizaru did, since Apoo was still conscious and able to whine left and right, while Zoro completely took him out.
    • Basically, Zoro knocked him out and made him bleed all over, Kizaru didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back