• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if Marco is actually a logia when it comes to attacks, although the likes of Garp can hurt him when he's off guard, maybe Marco is doing what Katakuri does via moving body away from the attacks or some shit, who knows

@CinCameron20 Marco hasn't showed anything he didn't show like a decade ago. He doesn't have intangibility on his profile and to mix it up now needs its own thread and a serious discussion. Otherwise its just moving the goal posts to validate bias and single out Queen.

EDIT: Apparently he does have elemental intangibility. That is so weird since he is a zoan, not a Logia and has feats showing otherwise.

From SBS Volume 58:

D: Hello for the first time, Oda-sensei. I've read all the previous 57 volumes, and I was thinking, I don't quite understand how "Phoenix Marco"'s Zoan fruit of the "legendary beast" kind is different from Ace's "Meramera" fruit. P.N. CNY

O: Yeah, I know... I've omitted the explanation from this war arc, because I focused on the pacing and wanted to move the story forward. To explain Marco's ability just a little bit: he's Zoan, so he does have a body. But since he's got "the blue fire of revival" - the Phoenix's ability - wounds will regenerate, so attacks will not damage him (though there's a limit to the regeneration). In other words, the flames are for regeneration. These blue flames don't have the characteristics of actual fire - they don't spread and burn things, and they aren't hot. They're completely different from Ace's flames. I might touch on this in the main story at some point, so I'll leave it at this for now.

He has a body form, not a flame form

Last edited:
@Dr.Fix - Random fodder was capable of impaling Marco's head, so I would honestly not argue Queen being able to shoot holes into Marco's body as evidence that he should scale.

@Lgamer099_99 - You merely proved my point with the Sanji vs Daifuku bit:

1) panels 1 and 2 show Daifuku overpowering Sanji. 3 4 and 5 do not support Sanji in any way getting the better of the genie, so I have no idea why you argue this.

2) I enjoy the fact that you argue Yonji vs Daifuku when the former attacked while Daifuku was distracted and didn't even do anything note worthy to the genie other than pushing it aside. Yonji vs Sanji was an off-panel affair so idk why you'd even argue that here.

3) I don't think you remember Perospero's candy is ridiculously weak against fire, so this is a ridiculously moot point... also Sanji's using Diable Jambe... which has higher AP than his base.

4) DJ Sanji and Gear 3rd Luffy stopped an attack from Zeus. Zeus one shots Judge. All this proves is G3 Luffy and DJ Sanji combined are >> Judge. This does nothing for Sanji individually.

5) Sanji landed the kick on Oven's neck. Oven blocked Niji's kick with his forearm. Your point...?

6) Snack was demoted during the time-skip and he has no reason to scale comparable to someone like Cracker--ESPECIALLY if Cracker defeated Urouge with just a biscuit soldier (which can only be assumed, as nothing is known of that fight in general).

7) You say Sanji scales above his family, but Ichiji and Niji both humiliated him in feats--especially when they were rescuing him late into the arc. The only one he could arguably scale above is Yonji because he "got the better of him".

8) Also, to reiterate on Sanji and Yonji, I find it weird you would not question Sanji > Yonji in flat out power when Yonji, with one punch, shattered a weapon that hurt Sanji.

Stop making up evidence to justify an upgrade.

@Damage3245 - I'd appreciate the thread being closed. This Sanji stuff is never ending.

Last edited:
Is that a sword? That panel looks so weird aesthetically I remember trying to figure out what everything was and chucking it up to him transforming. ¯\(ツ)

1) panels 1 and 2 show Daifuku overpowering Sanji. 3 4 and 5 do not support Sanji in any way getting the better of the genie, so I have no idea why you argue this.
3 shows Sanji could deal with him while not even looking at him, without giving any attention.
4 shows how Daifuku could have the better of him just when Sanji was running away and caught off-guard.

I enjoy the fact that you argue Yonji vs Daifuku when the former attacked while Daifuku was distracted and didn't even do anything note worthy to the genie other than pushing it aside. Yonji vs Sanji was an off-panel affair so idk why you'd even argue that here
Yonji fought against Daifuku mostly off-screen and was alright after It.

I don't think you remember Perospero's candy is ridiculously weak against fire, so this is a ridiculously moot point... also Sanji's using Diable Jambe... which has higher AP than his base.
But Sanji broke It, he didn't melt It.

DJ Sanji and Gear 3rd Luffy stopped an attack from Zeus. Zeus one shots Judge. All this proves is G3 Luffy and DJ Sanji combined are >> Judge. This does nothing for Sanji individually.
It was implied that both Sanji and Luffy could block the hit alone and didn't expect the other to be there. Sanji wasn't thrown away from the impact of the blow, just like Luffy, showing that his diable Jambe Attack was comparable to an Elephant Gun.

Sanji landed the kick on Oven's neck. Oven blocked Niji's kick with his forearm. Your point...?
Look at Daifuku's face while reciving Sanji's kick and while reciving Niji's one.

Snack was demoted during the time-skip and he has no reason to scale comparable to someone like Cracker--ESPECIALLY if Cracker defeated Urouge with just a biscuit soldier (which can only be assumed, as nothing is known of that fight in general).
Never said Snack scales directly to Cracker, but scales above Perospero and Daifuku.

You say Sanji scales above his family, but Ichiji and Niji both humiliated him in feats--especially when they were rescuing him late into the arc. The only one he could arguably scale above is Yonji because he "got the better of him".
Niji and Ichiji just showed that they're faster than Sanji in travel (and only travel) speed and have anti-bullets skin and better durability (because of the suit). But they're worst fighters and have less AP.

Also, to reiterate on Sanji and Yonji, I find it weird you would not question Sanji > Yonji in flat out power when Yonji, with one punch, shattered a weapon that hurt Sanji.
PLEASE stop. Sanji clearly stronger than Yonji.
0832-018.png

Btw Queen should get bumped to the same tier as Marco etc since his attacked ripped through the bird same way as Kizaru (Actually better since Kizaru has Limited Durability Negation)
Kizaru really got dura negation for no reason except to fit in with the other admirals and to not scale above High 7-A.

I request Franky and the Pacifista to get Durability negation as well.

Looking forward to making a MCU Monster Trio (Iron Man, Captain America and Thor) Vs One Piece Monster Trio (Luffy, Zoro and Sanji) in the near future.

@Lgamer099_99 - ... I'm not seeing you actually countering any of the points .

1) Nothing shows Sanji being able to get the better of Daifuku when the reverse is shown on more than one occasion. Daifuku > Sanji in AP.

2) Again, Yonji fighting Daifuku does not dismiss that Daifuku can have higher AP than Sanji. Againx2, we don't ever see Sanji and Yonji's fight, so automatically suggesting Sanji to be stronger than NOT ONLY HIM, but the rest of the siblings and Judge is ridiculous.

3) Sanji breaking the candy doesn't change the fact that they are severely weak against heat, which is established literally chapters later.

4) This logic about Sanji's DJ being = to G3 Luffy is silly. They both attacked the same energy that was going for Reiju and circumvented it TOGETHER. Unless you're trying to imply one of them did nothing while the other stopped the energy (which in itself is funny), suggesting they each stopped the entire attack from Zeus individually (without flying forward and hitting Big Mom's hand as well) is not proven.
  • Also you're trying to imply DJ Sanji is equal to Zeus, which one-shot Judge, yet Sanji couldn't break Judge's defenses with his DJ and they were going quite even.
5) Again, read: Sanji kicked Oven's neck. Oven blocked Niji's kick with his forearm. Neither of them hit him in the same spot and he was guarding in one instance. Idk how you take a case of Sanji landing a strike on a pressure point on the neck to somehow magically jump him above Niji who only got a kick on the forearm.

6) We never see Judge vs Snack and only see Judge later with some injuries. Also, this is a pointless argument since, again, Sanji is not > Judge per your logic.

7) Ichiji shot a hole through Oven (When all Sanji did was "Break" [ha] his neck), Niji (without Raid Suit) incapacitated Sanji with two strikes, and as I've already pointed out, Yonji destroyed a weapon that hurt Sanji.

8) No, you need to stop. You're taking the words of Sanji as he's trash-talking the man he hates and take it as fact despite having no context on the engagement between Yonji and Sanji.

@KingTempest - I actually do think Franky and the Pacifista should get dura negation since their beams work functionally the same as Kizaru's and can melt steel and vaporize flesh. There might be one outlier case where Franky shot a Number in the face and it only burned it severely (that still resulted in a one-shot but still).

Edit: I actually think Franky might be the only one with cases where we can't justify him having Dura negation since his beams have not been shown putting holes in anything and are just "incredibly hot" while Kizaru + Pacifista always do. Franky simply replicated Vegapunk's work, after all, and is prone to error.

@Dr.Fix - That panel Damage linked shows the Beast Pirates basically trying to pile up on Marco, one of them grabbing the side of his face, and another stabbing him in the head with a sword. So yeah, I would not give Queen justification for this.

Last edited:
@KingTempest - I actually do think Franky and the Pacifista should get dura negation since their beams work functionally the same as Kizaru's and can melt steel and vaporize flesh. There might be one outlier case where Franky shot a Number in the face and it only burned it severely (that still resulted in a one-shot but still).

Edit: I actually think Franky might be the only one with cases where we can't justify him having Dura negation since his beams have not been shown putting holes in anything and are just "incredibly hot" while Kizaru + Pacifista always do. Franky simply replicated Vegapunk's work, after all, and is prone to error.
0553-009.png

As this thread was about High 7-A upgrades in the OP, and most of them have been denied, any discussion referring to a character that wouldn't scale to High 7-A would technically count as derailment.

We can make a 7-A+ thread or just a general upgrade thread, but a Large Mountain thread shouldn't be used to debate about Mountain level ratings.

This thread can be closed.

@Ant

Referring the lightspeed issue, I'm making a CRT today discussing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back