• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and Zoro is H7A while serious (actually, he wasn't serious, since he put no effort in that attack), higher with secret techniques (shi-shishi sonson and ichidai sanzen sekai are much stronger than his other attacks), even higher with Asura (much stronger than everything else he has), this seems to be much better than Luffy who needs King Kong Gun to be higher in his H7A state.

Yeah and Zoro is H7A while serious (actually, he wasn't serious, since he put no effort in that attack), higher with secret techniques (shi-shishi sonson and ichidai sanzen sekai are much stronger than his other attacks), even higher with Asura (much stronger than everything else he has), this seems to be much better than Luffy who needs King Kong Gun to be higher in his H7A state.
I'm actually going to propose removing the higher rating for shishi sonson for Zoro's post time-skip page in a different CRT, since he no longer only utilizes haki with only that technique, so Zoro would only be higher with Asura.

He still put no effort to one shot Apoo, meaning his secret techniques, or at the very least his santoryu ogi is still above what he used against Apoo, and Asura is above everything else, by a huge amount.

He still put no effort to one shot Apoo, meaning his secret techniques, or at the very least his santoryu ogi is still above what he used against Apoo, and Asura is above everything else, by a huge amount.
Yep, they are but Zoro's baseline High 7-A was accepted for taking these things into account; i.e the strength difference between sword styles.

Bro.

Mihawk > Shanks who blocked an attack from a healthy Whitebeard and a punch from Akainu.

At least High 7-A, possilby 6-C

I believe that but the Mihawk Vs shanks stuff was already covered and the points I made for it were settled on "potentially far higher".

But do you agree and support Mihawk scaling from current Zoro?

I apologize if this comes off as rant-ish or derailment, but there's something I need to get off my chest. I think it's related to this discussion anyway, at least a little bit.

I find the idea that Zoro "has to be a lot weaker than Luffy" at every given moment very strange if I'm being honest. Yes, Luffy is stronger, but if we look at their dynamic pre-TS Luffy and Zoro have always been neck and neck. They were always shown and stated to be nearly equal, and this makes a lot of sense given the fact that Zoro holds a very specific position within the Straw Hats. He's essentially the ONLY pure fighter in the Crew. Name me any other crewmember that doesn't have another role besides combat? You won't be able to, because there are none, even Luffy has the role of Captain and leader, and has other responsibilities besides combat.
Zoro's only function IS to be strong, and it's certainly heavily tied to his dream for obvious reasons.
Not to mention, he's the first mate and Luffy's partner/second in command. We've seen him step up as leader every time Luffy was unable to (yes, ik other Straw Hats have as well on occasion). So yes, his position within the crew logically warrants him being extremely strong among the crew.

Another important factor to consider is portrayal.

- Zoro is the only other Straw Hat who is a part of the Supernova alongside Luffy. Yes, not all Supernova are equal in terms of power necessarily, but I think it's worth considering at least. Oda obviously didn't include Zoro in that group for no reason.

- Zoro has been repeatedly mistaken by other characters to actually be the captain of the Straw Hats, and given that their deeds are often blown way out of proportion by the media, that says something. (Yeah, it's meant to hype Luffy too because such a guy chooses to follow him, but it's still a point in Zoro's favor, and the sheer number of these instances for Zoro exclusively is clearly not a mistake or s coincidence on Oda's part)

- Zoro has often been shown or implied to be capable of even beating the arc's main antagonist on many occasions (Hody and Arlong come to mind off the top of my head), but is prevented from doing so due to "plot reasons". Other times we have antagonists like Kuma who the Straw Hats have no hope of defeating, but Zoro still does probably the best against him relatively speaking.

This isn't a jab at Sanji (I love him too), but Zoro clearly has been and always will be Luffy's right hand man and second in command. This is pretty much impossible to deny imo. There's clear parallels to Rayleigh's relationship with Roger when it comes to Luffy and Zoro, so again it just makes sense.

Yes, Luffy has been very impressive Post-TS, so it's very easy to forget all of these things. Still, we must keep in mind that Zoro hasn't been pushed nearly as much as Luffy post-TS, and has mostly been extremely casual. He simply didn't get a chance to face the same caliber of opponents as Luffy, but that doesn't necessarily mean he couldn't do well against them if push comes to shove. Even then, Zoro STILL had arguably the most impressive AP feat post-TS when he cut Pica.
That is to say, Zoro is a guy who never shows his full power until he's really pushed, and Oda has clearly been saving him up until his big moment in Wano (which I legitimately think will be fighting Kaido to some capacity, but that's neither here nor there).

So, the point of all this rambling is that there is no in-story law or commandment that dictates Zoro ALWAYS being FAR inferior to Luffy, so that logic cannot be used to dismiss any legitimate feats that put Zoro near to Luffy's level. If anything, Oda has always gone out of his way to show that Zoro is close to Luffy, so if legitimate feats or scaling present themselves that happen to put Zoro near Luffy's level, they shouldn't ever be dismissed on any such basis IMHO.

Anyway, sorry for the rant lol.

I don't think you know what "no effort" means.

That would suggest that when Zoro was clashing with Apoo earlier he was putting less than zero effort into his attacks.

I don't think you know what "no effort" means.

That would suggest that when Zoro was clashing with Apoo earlier he was putting less than zero effort into his attacks.
I was not the one who said he put no effort first, i said he was putting effort before, and then Tempest said that, and i conceded:

Not once in the show has Zoro not said the name of his attack.
20% of Zoro's dialogue is saying the name of his attack
Zoro has speeches prior to his attacks. In Skypiea, Dressrosa, even MIhawk.
If he doesn't, then it's an effortless move.

Even then, named attacks are still > non-named attacks, meaning what he used against Apoo would still be weaker than a true shishi sonson or a shi-shishi sonson, and just mimicking it

True, but I don't think this matters too much as there isn't any rule in the series that Zoro can't be equal or stronger than Luffy (even though I don't view this feat as such) & Luffy himself is probably going to get better feats as the war goes on.

Hm? I am actually saying he is stronger than Luffy, again, he effortlessly did a H7A feat, so his special attacks would be above that and Asura would be even higher due to being his final move, while an Elephant Gun couldn't one shot the weakest of the Tobiroppo, even it damaged him a bit and there was a bit of blood.

There isn't any rule in the series either that a named attack is always greater than an unnamed attack.

And people need to stop misusing the term "effortlessly".

Cutting down Apoo with Ittoryu alone wasn't accepted as High 7-A; it was the inclusion of not using a named attack + his stronger sword styles not being used that justified the 1.8 times increase, I thought we already covered this?

From Zoro's profile:

Large Mountain level (One-shot Scratchmen Apoo with Ittoryu), higher with Shishi Sonson and Asura

Since the ittoryu he used wasn't named but is literally accepted as his H7A feat, i think it means it was accepted as H7A, but if it said "one shot Apoo with a non-named attack, so his named attacks should be at this level" i would agree with you, Emini.

Katakuri and Luffy durability need their discussions to be finished, no?

I put that down for simplicity, if it's necessary I can add "and is stronger with his higher sword styles" or something.

Large Mountain level (One-shot Scratchmen Apoo with Ittoryu, and should be significantly more powerful with his more powerful techniques and Santoryu), higher with Asura

I think this should be Zoro's new justification imo.

Last edited:
I mean, if cutting through two 7A+ defenses with one attack isn't a H7A feat then it is better to write it as i said, otherwise everyone will think "one of his non-named attacks is baseline, so his named attacks are above baseline)

I don't see the point in that wording.

Where is it stated that his unnamed technique here is his least powerful technique?

Where is it stated his named techniques are more powerful than this attack on Apoo?

Zoro's rating overall should just be High 7-A, and higher with Asura. No distinction needs to be made for unnamed vs. named attacks.

I think @CinCameron20 makes the most points and they are not being addressed properly before changing profiles.
I was referring mostly to @Damage3245 not responding since his comments carry more weight with @Antvasima than most and said Bureaucrat has autonomy.

As for any comments directed at me regarding cracker, et al I will not reply here because that is derailment and will reiterate that @KingTempest and whoever else needs to make separate threads for all the changes they wants to make.

I will gladly point out the many feats we have discussed over the years in detail within the appropriate thread and with questions.

Large Mountain level (One-shot Scratchmen Apoo with Ittoryu, and should be significantly more powerful with his more powerful techniques and Santoryu), higher with Asura

I think this should be Zoro's new justification imo.
I edited my original suggestion with the new wording. It is definitely better than the previous one. The unnamed attack part probably shouldn't be used because it requires a lot of assumptions I guess.

Fair enough would "one-shot scratchmen Apoo with Ittoryu, should be significantly more stronger with his higher sword styles" work better?
Again, this does not say that his Ittoryu isn't accepted as H7A for one shooting Apoo, and only his higher sword styles should be at this level.

I don't think I have any issues with the Eusstass Kid part.

As for Mihawk, I'm currently think his rating be along the lines of "Likely High 7-A, possibly higher", until we get another serious fight with him, or more clarification as to his strength.

Again, this does not say that his Ittoryu isn't accepted as H7A for one shooting Apoo, and only his higher sword styles should be at this level.
Isn't that what was accepted?

Edit: Sorry I read wrong, for something that detailed it would be more appropriate for a note at the bottom of the page, or even just an addition to his weakness section saying that he's weaker in his lower sword styles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back