• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jewelry Bonney profile update (One Piece)

The reason for this thread is that Jewelry Bonney's profile is very outdated. I have submitted some changes here.

Almost everything needs to be updated, starting with her Summary;

Jewelry Bonney, also known as the "Big Eater", is the captain of the Bonney Pirates and a South Blue native. She is one of twelve who are referred to as the "Worst Generation". She is the daughter of Bartholomew Kuma and the princess of the Sorbet Kingdom. As a result, she has some sort of past history with the World Government, though this is rather unclear at the moment. Her Pre-Timeskip bounty was 140,000,000; at some point during or after the Timeskip it was raised to 320,000,000.

Here is my proposed new summary, including her Flashback's information:

Jewelry Bonney, also known as the "Big Eater", is the captain of the Bonney Pirates, part of the Worst Generation and a South Blue native, although she was born in Mariejois. She is the daughter of the Revolutionary Army Commanders Bartholomew Kuma and Ginny. Bonney was used as a hostage by Saint Saturn to force Kuma into a procedure that stripped him of his humanity, thus she considers him and the World Government her enemy. Her Pre-Timeskip bounty was 140,000,000; at some point during or after the Timeskip it was raised to 320,000,000.

Her age is listed as;

This is based on an old Oda SBS question, however he did say back then that the age was only an estimation. Her real age is not 24:

0nQIi1T.png

As shown in more recent chapters, Bonney's actual age is 12, and 10 for the Pre-Timeskip Key.

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Stealth Mastery, Age Manipulation (Able to raise and lower the age of herself and others), Minor Resistance to Heat Manipulation.

This is also outdated, we saw her abilities completely transcend age manipulation when she granted herself Nika powers, and we have an explanation for what her actual powers are:

2kyW4pq.png

Given the fact that she stabbed Saturn (even though he stated that he let her do it), and was able to use Vegapunk's tech like Beam Swords without training, i would add Weapon mastery to her Powers and abilities, as well as add Illusion Creation (via an attack called "Near Death Experience") to her Powers and abilities, and of course Power Mimicry and Shapeshifting (complete transformation of herself and others via her fruit, that will revert after some time if used on living things).

Classification: Human, Captain of the Bonney Pirates, Supernova, Paramecia Devil Fruit User, Princess of the Sorbet Kingdom

Paramecia Devil Fruit user should be removed, her fruit's category is unknown as she did not eat the Age-Age fruit as previously believed. Celestial Dragon should be added.

Speed: FTL (Intercepted Luffy and kicked him away, simultaneously preventing Luffy from attacking a Pacifista and the Pacifista's laser beam from hitting Luffy)

The referenced feat is where Bonney blitzes a Mark 2 Pacifista and hits Gear 3 Luffy. Luffy is noticeably angry about this so he did not let her hit him like Saturn did. Post-TS Luffy dodged Mark 1 Pacifista lasers without even looking, and it goes without saying, Post-Wano Luffy is immeasurably stronger than Sabaody Luffy, so Bonney hitting him is quite the feat especially since we later saw base Luffy is able to hit Kizaru. She was later shown unable to hit Kizaru, but this is not an Anti-feat as even Gear 4 Snakeman Luffy was overwhelmed by Kizaru's speed.

She's also consistently shown to blitz Marines and is able to dodge Vice Admirals attacks, and even multiple Vice Admirals chasing her along with a bunch of Mark 2 Pacifista couldn't catch her.

Lifting Strength: At least Class T (Tackled and held down a bloodlusted Thriller Bark Zoro. Redirected Post-Wano Gear 3rd Luffy with a kick)

In terms of power she additionally upscales absurdly from CP8 as she blitzed + one-shot Alpha with her Nika powers, and is (presumably) even more powerful in Post-TS because Bonney's bounty doubled from 140 million to 320 million beri after she could no longer be used as Kuma's hostage. While Bounty cannot quantify just how much stronger she has gotten, increases generally correlate with strength increases as seen with the Straw Hats, and being correlated to power in-verse like Luffy calling Katakuri the "1 Billion beri man". I would use something better if we had it.

She shattered a wall with Distorted Future when chasing Vegapunk, but probably scales a lot higher if you just use her feat of one-shotting Alpha.

Bonney tanked a laser defense mechanism from being kicked into Vegapunk's barrier that damaged Luffy. She took enough pain through memories that Vegapunk stated it would be more than enough to kill someone. She can also change her body into Nika, who has Toonforce and is stated to have "Ridiculous powers". As she can imitate Nikas rubber properties, this should also grant her Luffy's natural immunity to bullets and non-Haki blunt-force like punches, while she is in that form. According to Saturn she is capable of mimicking other Devil fruits by imagining them, but the only Devil fruit she has imitated via Distorted Future is the Nika fruit. She has demonstrated Superhuman durability at multiple points, even without her special abilities.

Pacifista (because they look like her father) NEVERMIND LOL, Bugs (she fainted from shock after a bunch of bugs swarmed her), should be added.

"Standard Devil Fruit weaknesses" may need to be revised, Bonney hasn't actually eaten a Devil fruit, so whether or not she gained those weaknesses is unknown. She was shown to be unable to swim, but that could just as easily be because is 12 and cannot swim, rather than Devil fruit weakness. Until she shows an adverse reaction to Seastone, i would put this into question. Can be left as is.

This can be left as it is, but may as well add the beam sword which she has been carrying around for most of the arc.

Notable Attacks/Techniques:

I would propose replacing that section completely, with this new write-up:

• Distorted Future [allows her to transform into futures she believes possible, so far used three times to transform into Nika.]
  • N.D.E [allows her to create projectiles that give a near-death-experience to anything hit by them]
  • Age Manipulation, used to manipulate her own and others ages, this attack sometimes has additional properties:.
  1. She can manipulate others futures when aging them, seen when she aged Luffy into a different (worse) future.
  2. She can materialize someone's age into star shapes that shatter when struck, de-aging the person via "Timely Thrust", used on Vegapunk.
  • Oil Change: Used to break a locked steel door via "Oil Change". According to Bonney, if its a non-living thing, the change is permanent.
  • Swordsmanship; was able to successfully use a beam sword on her first try, unsheathed a sword while running and stabbed it so deep that it pierced almost to the hilt.

That concludes my proposed updates. Here are some more interesting things she did that could be considered;

• Was able to escape from Akainu, confirmed in a Vivre Card [we also saw Akainu arrest her in the manga, and she has a bounty, thus she was not freed and somehow escaped]
  • Im not sure if this is classifiable as an ability, but she is completely fearless even when facing a Yonko (be it Blackbeard or Luffy), an Admiral (Akainu, Kizaru) or a Five Elder (Saturn).
  • Due to her age Bonney is arguably a combat genius, as she is 10 when she becomes a Worst Gen worth 140 million beri, distinguishing herself from countless pirates to be seen as one of the most dangerous rookies in this generation, and also reaching the New World with an army of, i kid you not, professional fishermen.

That's all, thanks for reading!

Agree: @Popbum @Ret_of_Guys
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
What is the logic here? I learned to swim at 6 lmfao.
Well, you weren't trapped in a church for the entirety of your childhood. Anyways main point is that Bonney didn't actually eat a Devil fruit. She just got the power somehow without eating it, and until its explained how i am not certain she would have standard Devil fruit weaknesses. She could have them, but its not certain.

Are the links working for anyone?
Are they not working for you? I tested a few and they seemed to work fine for me, they're Imgur links. Except one image for some reason, which was just Luffy hitting Kizaru (goated moment tbh). Im not sure what your problem could be
One-Piece-Chapter-1092-Spoilers-2.jpg

"Standard Devil Fruit weaknesses" may need to be revised, Bonney hasn't actually eaten a Devil fruit, so whether or not she gained those weaknesses is unknown. She was shown to be unable to swim, but that could just as easily be because is 12 and cannot swim, rather than Devil fruit weakness. Until she shows an adverse reaction to Seastone, i would put this into question.
You don't necessarily have to eat a fruit to gain the weaknesses.

The Seraphim have their Devil Fruit abilities via the Green Blood infusion, but they still get the standard Devil Fruit weaknesses too.

She spent years literally being a pirate. I think she would know how to swim if she could.
She spent those years thinking she was a normal devil fruit user instead of having a power injected to her via a scientific experiment. So she would definitely stay the hell away from water if she could. But im not gonna argue for or against it any more because im not sure either, we simply don't know.

You don't necessarily have to eat a fruit to gain the weaknesses.

The Seraphim have their Devil Fruit abilities via the Green Blood infusion, but they still get the standard Devil Fruit weaknesses too.
That's a very good point. Then she most likely has the weaknesses just like the Seraphim.

What is the logic here? I learned to swim at 6 lmfao.
And I nearly drowned, I literally saw light... Tho actually, it was a big wave pool so nevermind... I was just crazy, thought I was him... Holding the sides and one carelessness moment and my hand slipped 🙉

but I still couldn't swim 🙈

Back