• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember the exact reason off the top of my head, but it's possibly due to Blackbeard warning his crew that they're not at Ace's level - and the fact that Burgess would have only been hit by a small amount of the enormous Fire Fist if he was hit by it.

Burgess:
  • Takes a Hiken from Ace with no issues.
  • Takes a shockwave from Sengoku with injuries but is basically fine
  • Becomes a captain of the First ship of a yonko
  • Fights right hand man of Revolutionary army
Gets denied everything except a likely. I'm not surprised.
I can't remember the exact reason off the top of my head, but it's possibly due to Blackbeard warning his crew that they're not at Ace's level - and the fact that Burgess would have only been hit by a small amount of the enormous Fire Fist if he was hit by it.
  • His logia ability.
    • Auger shoots at Ace 2 pages prior to Blackbeard saying they're not at his level, and it went right through him. They had weapons and physical strength while Blackbeard had a devil fruit meant for the sole purpose of nullifying powers.
    • The entire fight shows "if you can overcome his logia, he's weak.
  • Their attack potency.
    • Not at his level means their AP, not their Durability. The AP portion is clearly showcased that they don't scale, as Burgess threw a building at him and Ace burned it to smithereens.
    • Heck, the Admirals aren't at Whitebeard's level and they can take hits from him, so that argument is bad.
  • The small amount argument means nothing
    • The smoke goes even further than where they're standing, you can see the effects of Hiken in the background.
    • We can't even identify who's who in the fire. Saying who got hit more is headcanon, especially since the attack travelled further than what we can see.
Not targeting you Damage, but why is everything being denied?

I'm neutral on Burgess scaling tbh with you, but if it does get accepted and Fuji and Sabo get pushed up I do want to mention something that's been bugging me for a while:

The fight between Jack and Fuji; it happens off-screen and we only have information from a newspaper article about it; supposedly Jack sunk two of their ships and got defeated (and presumed dead) by a fleet admiral (Sengoku) and admiral (Fujitora). I don't believe there's enough info on the battle to determine if Jack can scale to Fuji.

... I'm just explaining the likely reasons for why it was denied previously.
Nah it's all good, nothing towards you.

I'm just pressed that his only feats aren't accepted.

I'm neutral on Burgess scaling tbh with you, but if it does get accepted and Fuji and Sabo get pushed up I do want to mention something that's been bugging me for a while:

The fight between Jack and Fuji; it happens off-screen and we only have information from a newspaper article about it; supposedly Jack sunk two of their ships and got defeated (and presumed dead) by a fleet admiral (Sengoku) and admiral (Fujitora). I don't believe there's enough info on the battle to determine if Jack can scale to Fuji.
I'd just say Jack scales to the Scabbards for fighting 2 of them by himself (even though losing)

I hope so, but even the scabbards don't have good explanations for their ratings.

KingTempest seems to make good points, but I am not the best person to ask.

What do you think seems acceptable to apply of his suggestions Damage?

Anyway, it seems like Zoro and Marco will fight together against King and Queen in the upcoming chapters, so Zoro will likely be shown as comparable.

I crossed out the scabbards and those that scale to them in the OP.

For the staff that Ant mentioned and for any other knowledgeable members of the verse, is it possible if the reasoning on Burgess' durability not scaling to Ace's AP please be explained?

I said some counters above for the point that damage stated

Also, off-topic, but does anybody else find Sanji somewhat annoying at this point? He is chivalrous, brave, and well-intended, yes, but his weaknesses to not fight women, not work hard to improve, and overconfidence in combination with this, are a major liability for his crew.

I crossed out the scabbards and those that scale to them in the OP.

For the staff that Ant mentioned and for any other knowledgeable members of the verse, is it possible if the reasoning on Burgess' durability not scaling to Ace's AP please be explained?

I said some counters above for the point that damage stated
It is easier if you mention counters during the ongoing discussion as well. It is hard for others to keep track otherwise.

Agreed Sanji is extremely annoying.
Even the reasoning I held from digging for upgrades for Sanji or looking for feats is because throughout Wano, he's been doing the same bs he did prior.

I would want to scale him above Gear Third for affecting Page one more than Luffy did (his only feats that weren't annoying as hell), but Oda uses a monster trio member as comedy during one of the most important parts of the show.

It is easier if you mention counters during the ongoing discussion as well. It is hard for others to keep track otherwise.
Understood and thanks for advising it.
It was above, but I'll quote it here.

Damage explained a likely reason why Burgess couldn't scale.
And my counter was here
His logia ability.
  • Auger shoots at Ace 2 pages prior to Blackbeard saying they're not at his level, and it went right through him. They had weapons and physical strength while Blackbeard had a devil fruit meant for the sole purpose of nullifying powers.
  • The entire fight shows "if you can overcome his logia, he's weak.
  • Their attack potency.
    • Not at his level means their AP, not their Durability. The AP portion is clearly showcased that they don't scale, as Burgess threw a building at him and Ace burned it to smithereens.
    • Heck, the Admirals aren't at Whitebeard's level and they can take hits from him, so that argument is bad.
  • The small amount argument means nothing
    • The smoke goes even further than where they're standing, you can see the effects of Hiken in the background.
    • We can't even identify who's who in the fire. Saying who got hit more is headcanon, especially since the attack travelled further than what we can see.

Zoro cut through both with a no named anime swordsman slice that mimics Shishi Sonson, which uses 1 sword.
Zoro can use 3 swords. Not even including Asura.
Zoro should get minimum High 7-A, as that's the law of upscaling.
Again the name thing? Zoro could have used Ashura there and he wouldn't say it's name, he was serious and focused, there is no rule in One Piece saying an attack becomes weaker if you don't shout it's name, and there isn't anything saying it becomes stronger if you do

And "no named slice that mimics shishi sonson"? Shishi sonson is a generic Iaido attack, there is nothing special about it other than the haki (which he used while clashing with Apoo earlier, so it is 100% fair to assume he used it here), this is like saying Zoro spinning his swords and dashing without saying Sanzai Sekai will mean it isn't Sanzen Sekai.

Again the name thing? Zoro could have used Ashura there and he wouldn't say it's name, he was serious and focused, there is no rule in One Piece saying an attack becomes weaker if you don't shout it's name, and there isn't anything saying it becomes stronger if you do

And "no named slice that mimics shishi sonson"? Shishi sonson is a generic Iaido attack, there is nothing special about it other than the haki (which he used while clashing with Apoo earlier, so it is 100% fair to assume he used it here), this is like saying Zoro spinning his swords and dashing without saying Sanzai Sekai will mean it isn't Sanzen Sekai.
Zoro has always named his attacks even when serious, this un-named draw attack is the same one he used on Hody.

Not once in the show has Zoro not said the name of his attack.
20% of Zoro's dialogue is saying the name of his attack
Zoro has speeches prior to his attacks. In Skypiea, Dressrosa, even MIhawk.
If he doesn't, then it's an effortless move.

The small amount argument means nothing

I don't see how, it is very relevant since that is the feat being proposed for the scaling.

The smoke goes even further than where they're standing, you can see the effects of Hiken in the background.

What does that have to do with it?

We can't even identify who's who in the fire. Saying who got hit more is headcanon, especially since the attack travelled further than what we can see

I don't know what you mean, we can easily identify who is being hit by Ace's attack there.

The point is, each individual would only be experiencing a small amount of Ace's total attack. It's like trying to scale each person hit by an explosion to the full AP of the explosion. It's contradictory.

I’m with Damage on the belief that wano arc scaling shouldn’t be fully discussed till the end of the arc, I mean we are getting new scaling feats every week pretty much, so it makes zero sense to fully deal with the scaling at this time

However I will say that One Piece probably won’t finish this arc in a while, so I’m not sure if people really want to deal with this now

Ykw, before someone finds this and makes me look dumb, I'll accept it.
Burgess got hit with the same thing and tanked it. Then he took the full yield and got knocked out, so I'll concede on that point.

How come Sengoku and weakened Whitebeard's feats against them weren't allowed through? Same reason as above?

Likely so. In both cases they'd be wide-ranging AOE moves that hit multiple opponents at once.

Which is probably a good reason why all of the Blackbeard Pirates were in decent condition afterwards, because they only experienced a fraction of the total attack each.

If no name attacks mean low effort, then named attacks mean at least serious attacks, right? Is that something that only applies to Zoro or we can use that logic with everyone?

If no name attacks mean low effort, then named attacks mean at least serious attacks, right? Is that something that only applies to Zoro or we can use that logic with everyone?
No clue, Zoro is clearly serious when using this attack but my point is it's not shishi sonson, but rather the attack he used on Hody.

I think that we can rescale a bit after important events, such as Zoro oneshotting Apo, and likely defeating King or Queen soon. Otherwise we will get left behind completely regarding what is going on.

Anyway, I think that the original Blackbeard crew has powered up a lot since fighting Ace.

Shouldn't the High 7-A Zoro upscale be fine to apply right now? It's not as difficult to scale and only effects one person unlike the Scabbards etc

No clue, Zoro is clearly serious when using this attack but my point is it's not shishi sonson, but rather the attack he used on Hody.
I just want to add, we don't know if Zoro said it's name in the manga, he had already cut Hody when we saw the fight, it is impossible to say if he said it or not, while the anime does have him using Shishi Sonson.

I guess you have a point with we didn't see him saying it, although I wouldn't use the anime as evidence for him using it since they stray from the manga a lot.

That same arc they showed Zoro using future sight against some fodder fishman.

Also, off-topic, but does anybody else find Sanji somewhat annoying at this point? He is chivalrous, brave, and well-intended, yes, but his weaknesses to not fight women, not work hard to improve, and overconfidence in combination with this, are a major liability for his crew.
I don’t find him annoying, however as one of the “Monster Trio”, I do expect more from him. Even though he is supposed to be comparable to Zoro, Sanji has really been lagging behind him post time skip. It’s okay for him not to fight women, but he does need to start stepping up. The Raid Suit might be his new shot for redemption.

I personally do not mind.
In that case do staff mind if @KingTempest or me applies the new key (Onigashima) to Zoro's profile having a High 7-A rating alongside KingTempest's explanation for said rating. This would also require Apoo's durabilty and X Drake's section to be updated to 7-A+.

then other matters for this CRT can be dealt with more efficiently or if it's decided that waiting is better then a new CRT can be done.

Last edited:
I guess you have a point with we didn't see him saying it, although I wouldn't use the anime as evidence for him using it since they stray from the manga a lot.

That same arc they showed Zoro using future sight against some fodder fishman.
If the manga isn't clear and the anime does not extrapolate, i see no problem using it since it is still secondary-canon.

Does x-Drake scale to Apoo? And in which form? Because I can argue for Wano Sanji scaling to Drake (at least durability) since they fought.

Does x-Drake scale to Apoo? And in which form? Because I can argue for Wano Sanji scaling to Drake (at least durability) since they fought.
For the at least 7-A+ scaling that KingTempest proposed it scales only to Hybrid as far as I can tell, from scaling to Ulti his upscaling to zoan forms is 7-A+.

I don't think Sanji scales since X Drake shrugged off with the kick without noticing & as for the tail smack it's probably unlikely that Sanji scales to 7-A+ for taking this since not only does it not seem to be a serious attack but X Drake was working against the beast Pirates at this point and it's quite plausible that he's not willing to seriously hurt the allies at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back