• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Minor Wano Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple thread.

Ulti is Is currently rated as “at least Island level in Zoan Forms”. With the justification being that Luffy considered using Gear Fourth against her.

I disagree with this notion.

Luffy deciding to use Gear Fourth against an opponent doesn't inherently mean they are above his prior gears. He's perfectly willing to use it just to finish off an opponent in a single hit.

We seem to him do this later in the arc as well, opting to one shot a Number with Gear Fourth instead of using any of his prior gears. G4 is very much something he is willing to lead with, especially in short bursts.

It's important to note that Ulti wasn't the person who Luffy came to the castle to fight, so it's perfectly reasonable for him to decide to use Gear Fourth just to one-shot her and continue moving.

So my suggestion is to change her justification to something like:

At least Large Mountain level(Implied to be stronger than Page One[1]. Matched Post-Udon Prison Training Luffy in a headbutt clash, giving him a bruise in the process[2]), higher in Zoan Forms (Was capable of completely overpowering Base Luffy, who considered her “too strong” for his base form)

Or something idk. Just remove the Island level rating.

This would apply to all characters who scale to Ulti, but I'm pretty sure Ulti is the only profile that needs to actually be edited.

Her forehead was green in those 2 panels she clashed with Luffy, that's still partial transformation.

Oh, didn't notice that. Weird little detail, since its never portrayed as such in either the anime nor the black and white renditions of the scene.

Assuming the colored manga takes precedent, it should still scale to her base state imo. So I doubt the actual rating needs to be changed. We can just note she partially transformed her head before the clash in her justifications.

Should Page One have this removed from his durability section:

(Took a punch in the jaw from Gear 2nd + 3rd Luffy)

He did not "take" the punch, it knocked him out like a light.

Is that an issue?
Technically no.

But it seems weird to scale them all to G3 when G3 Luffy's punch knocked out Zoan Queen.

We don't scale people directly to Yonko for getting knocked out by them.

IMO it should at best be downscaling to something like Baseline 6-C.

I mean the fact that the attack dropped him alone should disqualify him from scaling yeah.

Just like we don't scale Ulti for not getting her head cracked open by Yamato’s club.
We should at best downscale them to Baseline 6-C.

Otherwise why not make the Scabbards all Yonko level for taking off-screen and on-screen Kaido hits without getting knocked out?

Sorry, meant Zoan P1.

But Red Rock probably would.

That seems like it could be an accidental miscoloring.

In the original manga the shading on her is the same as the shading of Luffy's Haki.
Then that justification should be deleted from Luffy's profile.

We should at best downscale them to Baseline 6-C.
We shouldn't even do that. Under like...any circumstances.

Zoan characters have naturally enhanced endurance and recovery that allows them to get up from hits stronger than they are. Scaling them to someone for not getting permanently knocked out by their attack is nonsense, IMO.

Then that justification should be deleted from Luffy's profile.
It should yeah. Someone can go handle that.

I think that's fair.
Thanks.

Since it's minor and you're a staff member, I did that.

One small thing, since the Tobiroppo don't scale to Base Hawkins, I think Page 1 should just scale above Zou Arc Brook in Base and his Zoan Forms should scale to Early Wano Sanji who is relativistic+.

What do you say?

It looks like this is still open
Luffy deciding to use Gear Fourth against an opponent doesn't inherently mean they are above his prior gears. He's perfectly willing to use it just to finish off an opponent in a single hit.
No, we scale(d) Ulti to Luffy because he failed to put down her brother with a G3rd strike, and she subdued him while he was in Gear 3rd, forcing him to go to Gear 4th

For everybody else he flexed. For them, he struggled. He said she was too strong and said "too strong, Gear 4th", or he would've used G4th against Yamato.

I don't see why her base rating is "implied to be stronger than page one" then her zoan is almost 4x weaker. Just keep the "stronger than Page 1" and "G3rd Luffy said she was too strong"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back