• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

"'I have a dream.' That one day, every person in this nation will control their own destiny. The land of the truly free, dammit. A nation of action, not words, ruled by strength, not committee! Where the law changes to suit the individual, not the other way around. Where power and justice are back where they belong: in the hands of the people! Where every man is free to think — to act — for himself! **** all these limp-dick lawyers and chickenshit bureaucrats. **** this 24-hour Internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit! **** American pride! **** the media! **** ALL OF IT! America is diseased. Rotten to the core. There's no saving it — we need to pull it out by the roots. Wipe the slate clean. BURN IT DOWN! And from the ashes a new America will be born. Evolved, but untamed! The weak will be purged and the strongest will thrive — free to live as they see fit, they'll make America great again! [...] In my new America, people will die and kill for what they BELIEVE! Not for money. not for oil! Not for what they're told is right. Every man will be free to fight his own wars!"
No. Wouldn't agree with any of this

"The weak will be purged and the strongest will thrive." That line alone would be enough reason for Luffy to punch him.
Luffy would say:
"Are you a idiot or something?"
in his confused and "annoying" tone after that line. Luffy doesn't punch people for saying dumb shit, they have to actively threaten the ones he cares about

Luffy would say:
in his confused and "annoying" tone after that line. Luffy doesn't punch people for saying dumb shit, they have to actively threaten the ones he cares about
I mean, Armstrong wants to purge all the "weak" AND was the one helping Sundowner turn thousands of homeless children into brainwashed cyborg super soldiers, so that would probably piss Luffy off.

Luffy would say:
I can already see the face

Bis0DZoCcAATRqd

I think he'd at least somewhat agree that people should be free to think and live for themselves and not be controlled by higher entities, but yeah other than that I can't really see him support anything else.
If there is even a single thing he disagrees with the rest won't matter, similar to big mom wanting everything to be together or something but the way she does it will be wrong to luffy and no matter the reason he won't agree with any of it... That's what I think.

If there is even a single thing he disagrees with the rest won't matter, similar to big mom wanting everything to be together or something but the way she does it will be wrong to luffy and no matter the reason he won't agree with any of it... That's what I think.
Fair.

Apparently Arlong hurt him with physical PUNCHES. I don't recall Arlong ever punching Luffy, just relying on his teeth wielding, bites and sword. The only non-haki "punch" I recall hurting Luffy was Jinbe's dura neg via water molecule manip

Nami punches are the only anti-feat, but that's just for comedy.
I'll need Reaper's copy of two-piece to see all these characters, PLURAL, hurting Luffy via no-haki blunt force

I did only see the anime so may be Anime Only? but it was a lot of early characters i distinctly recall harming Luffy with shit that wasn't basically draw blading him(Kuro), so I dunno. Also even Arlong's teeth are inconsistent because they could cut and harm luffy with bites and make him bleed while Luffy tanked one to the elbow with little visible damage

Also brook is obviously my character of choice period

I did only see the anime so may be Anime Only?
Probably
but it was a lot of early characters i distinctly recall harming Luffy with shit that wasn't basically draw blading him(Kuro), so I dunno.
Explained Kuro's. He didn't hurt him with physical strength, he kicked his head to where his teeth cut his lip (the manga says so).

Others, I checked. Not many did
Also even Arlong's teeth are inconsistent because they could cut and harm luffy with bites and make him bleed while Luffy tanked one to the elbow with little visible damage
Nah he got blood drawn

I mean, the manga quite literally calls attention to that through Sanji

"Had he moved an inch away, his arm would be torn off"
I mean you could argue the statement isn't what's shown because that bite didn't draw blood while others did IIRC

Also I noted Kuro wasn't an anti-feat myself Tempest lol

Btw i do feel like Law is kinda becoming a deuteragonist, ever since his debut to save Luffy life after the war to his prominent role in New World (From Punk Hazard, to Dressrossa, and finally Wano)
And now this beg a question: After Wano what is Law gonna do? Maybe ending up the alliance and go somewhere or literally ending his role by sacrificing himself for Luffy via Furo Shujutsu (since without Gear 5, Luffy "voice" slowly faded away again), but i dunno

I know, I'm just saying that he has a pretty clear limit with danmaku (not saying you said he had no limit).
In Thriller bark, Zoro cleanly weaved his way through Kuma's pad cannons - which would have been exponentially faster than Kaku's attack so I think his capacity to deal with rapid fire attacks improved

PS: Zoro using Toro Nagashi (streaming wolf swords) against Kuma is also one of my personal favorite fight scenes from the anime

Last edited:
Back