• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Considering Oryx can fight as a literal statue, no.

Also I'd note Oryx is at the top of a 40+ character scaling chain from 8.8 Megatons if that means anything
oh mb I didn't read the page correctly, he's resistant to ice hax 💀
Anyway I love Brook, but I gotta admit, this Oryx guy looks like he has more hax and strength. So, I guess he'd win.

Last edited:
oh mb I didn't read the page correctly, he's resistant to ice hax 💀
Anyway I love Brook, but I gotta admit, this Oryx guy looks like he hax more hax and strength. So, I guess he'd win.
Oryx is however far less skilled than Brook and does actually leave openings for attack at melee, and if Brook can channel his AP at a range without leaving himself defenseless than he can attack back without putting himself in range of being a dead-dead skeleton
Brook uses sleep and mind manip then kills him.
Oryx throws having higher Durability than his already higher AP+the fact he can pretty easily just wake up from being attacked at all

Oryx is however far less skilled than Brook and does actually leave openings for attack at melee, and if Brook can channel his AP at a range without leaving himself defenseless than he can attack back without putting himself in range of being a dead-dead skeleton

Oryx throws having higher Durability than his already higher AP+the fact he can pretty easily just wake up from being attacked at all
Having higher dura doesn't mean you can automatically tank every attack.

"He can pretty easily wake up"

No he can't. He's defenseless and is left standing there. Brook can easily kill him. Stop wanking.

Having higher dura doesn't mean you can automatically tank every attack.

"He can pretty easily wake up"

No he can't. He's defenseless and is left standing there. Brook can easily kill him. Stop wanking.
Oryx can tank an extended assault from 85 people who scale around his level using his own weapons and shit on him, I think that's enough to say he can facetank Brook's sword pretty well lol

His sleep manip has no scans on the file, and as such no way of knowing how fast it works, what's to say while Brook is doing this Oryx doesn't close the gap and completely murder him with Danmaku?

His sleep manip has no scans on the file, and as such no way of knowing how fast it works, what's to say while Brook is doing this Oryx doesn't close the gap and completely murder him with Danmaku?
0493-016.png
0493-017.png

If you hear it you fall asleep

Even make them be happy or manipulate their emotions
0635-004.png
0635-005.png

So it's just a normal sleep you can wake up from pretty easily, then it works
Unless you find a scan of someone IMMIDIATELY waking up from it, then no he doesn't.

The fishmen riders only woke up because Brook instantly attacked them.

Last edited:
And Brook wouldn't attack Oryx why?
I'm not saying he wouldn't. I'm saying unless he attacks, Oryx stays asleep. He could just spam that method over and over again.

What are the rules on winning a battle? Can't Brook just put him to sleep and go on with his day-

I'm not saying he wouldn't. I'm saying unless he attacks, Oryx stays asleep. He could just spam that method over and over again.

What are the rules on winning a battle? Can't Brook just put him to sleep and go on with his day-
Has Brook done that before?

I'm pretty sure Brook would rather fight Oryx than go through the entire castle that has things that look like the below and such

Has Brook done that before?

I'm pretty sure Brook would rather fight Oryx than go through the entire castle that has things that look like the below and such

I mean, it's in character for him. Brook isn't as confrontational as you might think. If he notices his attacks aren't working afte several tries then he'd just put him to sleep and "win" that way.

He's got dura neg as well via freezing his opponent's blood flow (rather than basic ice manip that attacks the outer body) and attack the soul directly (Not soul manip, apparently. He can just attack your soul by ignoring your physical body)

I mean, it's in character for him. Brook isn't as confrontational as you might think. If he notices his attacks aren't working afte several tries then he'd just put him to sleep and "win" that way.

He's got dura neg as well via freezing his opponent's blood flow (rather than basic ice manip that attacks the outer body) and attack the soul directly (Not soul manip, apparently. He can just attack your soul by ignoring your physical body)
Brook would probably expect his attacks to not work against the shield, but he should be capable of dealing damage normally and such, Oryx is a tanky bitch, not completely Invulnerable all the time or anything

Oryx can fight as a literal statue, it's not at all a problem for him, and attacking the soul gets covered by Oryx's handy dandy thing of not giving a **** cause he can fight as just a mind and soul too without really caring about damage. And both of these come from the same event mind you which is funny

Brook would probably expect his attacks to not work against the shield, but he should be capable of dealing damage normally and such, Oryx is a tanky bitch, not completely Invulnerable all the time or anything

Oryx can fight as a literal statue, it's not at all a problem for him, and attacking the soul gets covered by Oryx's handy dandy thing of not giving a **** cause he can fight as just a mind and soul too without really caring about damage. And both of these come from the same event mind you which is funny
Idk about his ice resistance working in this case- he can exist in a cold area just fine, but Brook's ice isn't just an outside effect? You know better about Oryx tbh.

Seems like a close fight overall. Oryx definitely has the hax edge and AP advantage

Brook's got a massive speed advantage (I don't speed equalized speed-) but even if not, his Yahazu Giri is a blitz amp to those comparable. If they're in character then Brook's definitely not shying away from a hit and run tactic.

Can't decide on a vote- Oryx can finish it in a few hits, but he'd have a hard time touching Brook. Brook can be annoying throughout the fight but may just leave it eventually by putting Oryx to sleep and laughing away.
I'll stick to incon for now-

Idk about his ice resistance working in this case- he can exist in a cold area just fine, but Brook's ice isn't just an outside effect? You know better about Oryx tbh.

Seems like a close fight overall. Oryx definitely has the hax edge and AP advantage

Brook's got a massive speed advantage (I don't speed equalized speed-) but even if not, his Yahazu Giri is a blitz amp to those comparable. If they're in character then Brook's definitely not shying away from a hit and run tactic.

Can't decide on a vote- Oryx can finish it in a few hits, but he'd have a hard time touching Brook. Brook can be annoying throughout the fight but may just leave it eventually by putting Oryx to sleep and laughing away.
I'll stick to incon for now-
Its not that it wouldn't work per say, it's that it wouldn't stop Oryx from fighting as normal at all.

Unfortunately a lot of Oryx's hax is OOC for combat, were at the place he BFRs too, and his possession doesn't work on people that we know of.

I knew I forgot something! Yeah speed is equalized now lol, but the speed amp is interesting, should let him handle the danmaku coming at him better and such and land hits in Melee without risking getting dunked from a danmaku blast

Sounds reasonable- two for incon

Brook's sleep and emotion manip makes me wanna vote for him
Yee same... Going with brook fra... This is post timeskip as well, which he is much better with his abilities plus can blitz with technique

Last edited:
Actually, I just remembered something, Oryx has summons. And not just any summons, permanently Invulnerable summons that are mindless for all we know, and yes, they are IC to use

Why would that matter if it's a 1v1?
Because my dear pal, if you summon something to a battle, it can fight, and Brook has to deal quite a lot of damage to Oryx himself to get rid of them. The amp could help with that, but Oryx has this nasty tendency to bring his shield up and go Invulnerable, if Brook hits him enough in that state, he gets hit with a status effect. The kinda shit that can literally make any attack that hits Brook dura neg, or make his AP lower.

Actually, I just remembered something, Oryx has summons. And not just any summons, permanently Invulnerable summons that are mindless for all we know, and yes, they are IC to use
What kind of summons?
Because it sounds like a perfect target for his Soul King ability- them being mindless actually makes it better since they wouldn't have the will to resist his ability at all (and he can take out dozens at a time at least) If their souls are weaker than his and don't belong to their own bodies, then they're getting passively KO'D

What kind of summons?
Because it sounds like a perfect target for his Soul King ability- them being mindless actually makes it better since they wouldn't have the will to resist his ability at all (and he can take out dozens at a time at least) If their souls are weaker than his and don't belong to their own bodies, then they're getting passively KO'D
The kind that are basically glorified portals and drones. IE, they don't proveably have souls

The kind that are basically glorified portals and drones. IE, they don't proveably have souls
Nevermind then. Brook's ability seems to effect those with, and quoting him "Lazy slapped-on souls". Like the Pawn soldiers in totland and things that generally don't have a strong will to back up their soul.
If they're proven to be soulless then they should be fine and he'd likely resort to his blitz techniques constantly, if not- then passive Soul King aura should neg. (I'm referring to chapter 848 page 14. Surprised the wiki doesn't have that on his power-set)

Nevermind then. Brook's ability seems to effect those with, and quoting him "Lazy slapped-on souls". Like the Pawn soldiers in totland and things that generally don't have a strong will to back up their soul.
If they're proven to be soulless then they should be fine and he'd likely resort to his blitz techniques constantly, if not- then passive Soul King aura should neg. (I'm referring to chapter 848 page 14. Surprised the wiki doesn't have that on his power-set)
Yeah, though Brook does have limited stamina, so he has to tango with Oryx enough to get him to exalt in order to have the shit desummoned and immediately sleep him after he finishes exalting because he doesn't immediately summon portals and drone things again, he just does it quickly.

Though I shouldn't have to say what happens to my favorite OP character appearance-wise if he doesn't sleep Oryx immediately after he exalts

Because my dear pal, if you summon something to a battle, it can fight, and Brook has to deal quite a lot of damage to Oryx himself to get rid of them. The amp could help with that, but Oryx has this nasty tendency to bring his shield up and go Invulnerable, if Brook hits him enough in that state, he gets hit with a status effect. The kinda shit that can literally make any attack that hits Brook dura neg, or make his AP lower.
I don't think you can summon something into a 1v1, the whole point of it being a 1v1 is that it's only you 2 fighting.

This is a vs match, summons are allowed lol

Since we removed automatic limitless stamina from undead and robots before I even came onto the site lol
I guess stamina wouldn't really matter here, it's more of just who has more skill and power

Back