• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1087: "Battleship Bag" (Official Release)

So do we agree Kuzan was using Hao?
I mean the aftermath of the clash kind of looks like it, yes, but at most it'd be basic Hao Haki and not ACoC like everyone's insisting.
TBH, Shiryu wasn't even hurt that bad from the looks of it.
3xq9BT5l.png

Guernica Kaku and Lucci after they all get soloed in a 3v1 because their Observation is too shit to sense Shiryu in the first place
Fz-f9emWwAQYgwm.png
I mean, at least Lucci got super senses from being a leopard-man.

Also they do have Kenbun according to SBS IIRC.

I mean, at least Lucci got super senses from being a leopard-man.

Also they do have Kenbun according to SBS IIRC.
They have it but is it Garp level Kenbun?
Come to think of it though I think he may have used FS there but I'm not even going to try arguing for that.

honestly the more we see of how shiryu fights, the more we see how much of an antithesis he is to zoro, while oda does try to potray fights to be both balanced. powerful and metaphorical. I don't think that's going to go down with his fight with zoro.

Am picturing it like this:

Zoro is in this unknown location, getting sintgy eyebrows twitch because he got lost AGAIN and before he knows it he feels his back stabbed and shiryu introduces himself to zoro and the fight starts, zoro, being the guy he is, tries to fight him with honor and respect, A head on one-to-one fight. but he doesn't know that shiryu doesn't respect the way of the sword (he never respects anyone honestly imo) so he just keeps hacking and slashing at him in his vitals while also being absolute coward towards zoro.

After awhile zoro is down to his knees and he thinks that compare to the damage he has received during his life time, this one hurts the most not in just a physical way but in a way that feels like he is being constantly disrespected, this pisses him off badly and declares to shiryu that he will finish him of in this one, final attack (a upgraded shishi sonson which he incorporates as much hao and buso haki as possible on to the sword that he cherishes the most out of all em, which turns it into a black blade.) and manages to cut "nothing" (which in this case is shiryu).

what do you guys think?

Thoughts on the chapter:
Garp single-handedly wrecked Blackbeard's crew
Shiryu is both a fraud and a smart fighter. He knew that Garp could sense him, so he aimed for Koby because he knew Garp would try to save him. Still, the fact that he ran his sword clean through Garp is indicative of his strength IMO
The training flashback was really bittersweet and appropriate. The real closeness of Garp and Kuzan's relationship is finally revealed
And finally, the art is beautifully crisp

In other words, common Goda W as usual

It was invisible up until he stabbed him.
I don't see anything that indicates that that was the case.

Even in near identical situation, switching out Shiryu with Absalom and Garp with Sanji, we see that weapons only become visible again when they lose contact with it. Shiryu was still holding onto his sword.

Sabo gets impaled and he can barely move let alone fight
Sanji gets impaled, punched, stomped out and he could still move and fight
He could move, he was trying to save Cobra though.
Also if Imu stabbed that version of Sanji he'd die immediately.

He could move, he was trying to save Cobra though.
Also if Imu stabbed that version of Sanji he'd die immediately.
Sure he could move but the condition he was in made him look like a baby compared to sanji

P0drM3L.png

Sanji got impaled then proceeded to fight oars like nothing happened, Sabo got impaled and is acting like he just had an extreme diff fight to the death

There is no way that arrow is one shotting sanji, it will impale him sure but as I already said sanji can get impaled and walk it off...

Sure he could move but the condition he was in made him look like a baby compared to sanji

P0drM3L.png

Sanji got impaled then proceeded to fight oars like nothing happened, Sabo got impaled and is acting like he just had an extreme diff fight to the death

There is no way that arrow is one shotting sanji, it will impale him sure but as I already said sanji can get impaled and walk it off...
What the **** 💀 💀
That stab had Sabo huffing and bleeding from his stomach, how is THRILLER BARK Sanji surviving it?
I can see CURRENT SANJI surviving.

What the **** 💀 💀
That stab had Sabo huffing and bleeding from his stomach, how is THRILLER BARK Sanji surviving it?
I can see CURRENT SANJI surviving.
Because thriller bark sanji has taken similar damage and endured it 10x better than sabo did

This has nothing to do with durability as neither character scales to the ap of the attack, the difference is Sanji can get impaled and still fight, meanwhile Sabo out here looking like a mfing civilian after getting hit once.

It really does-
Sabo is H6A, Thriller Bark Sanji is way below that.
Imu is thus H6A for piercing Sabo and making him bleed.
Thus he could kill TB Sanji.

It really does-
Sabo is H6A, Thriller Bark Sanji is way below that.
Imu is thus H6A for piercing Sabo and making him bleed.
Thus he could kill TB Sanji.
The fact sabo is H6A doesn't change shit when both characters are getting impaled

I'm not arguing that sanji will tank the attack of course its going straight through him, the difference is that he has the endurance to continue fighting after taking that amount of damage. While sabo doesn't

Its literally just an arrow impaling Sabo
Nothing special
He just has shit endurance
Oda could write later on that the arrow has some special properties (maybe Haki related) that make far more painful and lethal than normal stab wounds, but I know that right now it is no different than a piercing attack (and likely is just that).

Also, maybe it's just me, but the art definitely looks crispier than before (not a drastic change, but a good noticeable one imo).
From what I've read Oda is three chapters ahead of schedule, so we won't see his post surgery art until 1090, so I'm just a dumbass lol.

Shiryu: Can hide from Observation, Possibly > Aokiji(He isn't, I'm lying), definitely H6A

Vasco: seems to use fireballs, good for him

Aokiji: Garp level buso-to-buso? COOL

Back