• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1057: "The End" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
its finally over after almost 4 years and now there wont be 9 samurai (Thank god!) and sadly no law but the awesome part is we will be focusing on the Straw Hats from now on last time SH were alone was in Punk Hazzard holy *** it took so dam long.
The SHs were constantly split & regrouped during Punk Hazard; they were only together when they escaped the SAD Laboratory & the party in the end. They shared quite a good amount of screen time with Law, Smoker, Tashigi, the G5 punks suprisingly, Kinemon & Momo. I'd say Fishmen Island was the last time with them alone.
Ehh let’s just hope the next arc would be better. Luffy visiting Ace and Whitebeard’s grave on Sphinx Island is definitely on my checklist of stuff that I want to see. Also Whitebeard Jr. vs Luffy and perhaps a form of redemption as Whitebeard Jr. honestly doesn’t seem that bad of a person and is more so just getting used by his mother. And speaking of which more flashback on Rocks as well please.
Jimbei & Yamato visiting those graves was in my checklist. Yeah it's been a very long time since we saw Weevil, i hope the hype Kizaru gave him gets proven true. Do you think will meet any ex-WB pirate there aside from Marco?

Only other relevant Whitebeard pirate that I can see with Marco is Jozu and Vista since those two seem to be the most relevant after Marco. Though I could be wrong and all the remaining Whitebeard pirates would be on the island to fend off Weevil who might actually be legitimately on par with Prime Whitebeard if Kizaru’s statement is in fact true.

Ngl my biggest peeve during this arc was Orochi. He genuinely could have been an interesting multifacted character if spun correctly. The type of villain who fell into how they were due to societal standards. It would have been a beautiful message on how to treat others.

Instead we got a clown, who will have 0 memorability. Genuinely one of my most hated One Piece villains because he’s so one note and uninteresting, yet he got SO much panel time its insane. Oda really missed the mark there and we ended up having a character that felt like theyd be more at home in a Disney Movie.
I think that his quite long background story gave him sufficient character development, but he really was just a petty, sadistic, egotistic, treacherous, vicious, and hedonistic vile scumbag, who nurtured his past grudges to turn as awful as possible against mostly people who had nothing to do with it.

Regrettably, there are plenty of political elites in this world who are much the same way.

I would have liked if we received more explanations for how his resurrection power worked though. Could he get resurrected only as many times as his number of heads, or was fire his weakness like I think was the case for the mythological hydra, which is why he finally died at the hands of Denjiro?

FaaBzgYUcAIneKP
I'm so tired of this. Half of Momo's panels are him either crying or him with his face stuffed in *******.

The Kozuki are ****** up
Someone mentioned it was a play ( the leakers ****** it up probably ) and he wasn't doing it to a class of kids. It was in front of adults. It's like some type of Japanese play where a person tells a story of a real event to an audience or something like that. Even still that joke about the Kurozumi being charcoal and being born to burn was a bit ****** up even still. Just hope they don't find out about Tama..
( had no other way to post this so I just posted it on Twitter and pasted it here )

Someone mentioned it was a play ( the leakers ****** it up probably ) and he wasn't doing it to a class of kids. It was in front of adults. It's like some type of Japanese play where a person tells a story of a real event to an audience or something like that. Even still that joke about the Kurozumi being charcoal and being born to burn was a bit ****** up even still. Just hope they don't find out about Tama..
( had no other way to post this so I just posted it on Twitter and pasted it here )

He did it in front of everybody

This coulda been fixed easily if Kurozumi was Orochi’s first name and Orochi was the last name. Have it be the Orochi family and Kurozumi specifically needs to burn

All Oda was have Hiyori perpetuate hatred against the Kurozumi’s, which is exactly what caused Orochi to become a scumbag and take over in the first place

This coulda been fixed easily if Kurozumi was Orochi’s first name and Orochi was the last name. Have it be the Orochi family and Kurozumi specifically needs to burn

All Oda was have Hiyori perpetuate hatred against the Kurozumi’s, which is exactly what caused Orochi to become a scumbag and take over in the first place
It also could’ve been better if they had just said Kurozumi Orochi was born to burn. That way they would only be talking about Orochi and not the other Kurozumis whom haven’t done anything.

I mean that’s not incorrect, but sometimes I can’t help how I feel about fiction. A lot of the time with fiction, I’m ok with what happens and move on, but this is the first time Oda has let me down with a chapter… And it’s the last chapter of Wano… And it’s the chapter I’m gonna get right before my Birthday… Oda gave me this chapter for my Birthday… Shit’s kinda annoying
If it's really annoy you to death, take a break
There's Eden Zero so you're not out of option to enjoy what you want

It has the same meaning, people are just tryna ease the headassery
Actually true, the whole blanket clan name drop in such a negative way regardless of whether or not its a pun still inflicts these damaging messages to the kids of Wano who are to young to understand any nuance.

So either way Hiyori just sucks. I cant copiun my way out of this one, this has gotta be one of my least liked arc conclusions in One Piece

Actually true, the whole blanket clan name drop in such a negative way regardless of whether or not its a pun still inflicts these damaging messages to the kids of Wano who are to young to understand any nuance.

So either way Hiyori just sucks. I cant copiun my way out of this one, this has gotta be one of my least liked arc conclusions in One Piece
I mean Hiyori was always kinda a terrible person, she stole money from innocent men and had Denjiro cut them down when they fought back

This just cements that she's awful, which may be the point? Momo is the honorable and kind hearted child of Oden. Hiyori is the awful vindictive and vengeful child of Oden, who's just going to perpetuate hatred.

Its crazy to think i was 12 when this arc first came out man. One Piece has really stuck with me my entire childhood so far 😵‍💫

Cant wait to see what happens next.

Wano was with me from the end of Highschool to my 3rd year of College… And now it’s ending… In the worst chapter ever…

Wano arc for me was 7.5 to 8 out of 10
its a Great arc but dam it has so many bad things in it Kinemon, Orochi , Kaido (didnt get full flash back or much of it ) and dont get me start on Big Meme and much more.
But of course it has many good parts too (more than bad ones) but it still effects it badly
its finally over after almost 4 years and now there wont be 9 samurai (Thank god!) and sadly no law but the awesome part is we will be focusing on the Straw Hats from now on last time SH were alone was in Punk Hazzard holy *** it took so dam long.
Hope we will see a serous One Piece from now on coz it was lacking specially in Wano (actually from WCL to Wano the tension got weaker and weaker).
Cant wait for the next arc the first Arc of the final Saga.
Yeah for me it is 7/10. Its not bad. However it does not surpass my current favorite arc Marineford as people expect.

Even still that joke about the Kurozumi being charcoal and being born to burn was a bit ****** up even still.
I think that it was just intended to be a throwback reference to her father stating that as his name was Oden, he was born to boil.

I mean Hiyori was always kinda a terrible person, she stole money from innocent men and had Denjiro cut them down when they fought back

This just cements that she's awful, which may be the point? Momo is the honorable and kind hearted child of Oden. Hiyori is the awful vindictive and vengeful child of Oden, who's just going to perpetuate hatred.
Maybe, but weren't the men she ruined traitors to her country who helped Orochi enforce his horrible rule, or do I misremember?

Consistent with her character after all she went through in these last 20 years.
It would be very ironic if she takes out her trauma and grudges on innocent people just like Orochi did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back