• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1057: "The End" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were trolling you for constantly hating on Yamato and wanking Sanji

It was very much warranted
Cope
84BE6A62-4554-4D5A-AFEB-45FB0461A729.jpg

Suck on this:
Chapter 1,057: “Conclusion”.

• chapter opens in the magma cave, kaido and big mom are playing strip poker, something which proves more difficult than expected as the lava is burning their clothes
  • kaido is visibily angry, as he has a terrible hand
  • to avoid losing the game of poker, kaido emerges from mount fuji, causing an eruption. in a amazing splash page, wano is destroyed
  • zoro sees the whole thing and asks usopp to borrow his kabuto. "now even you can be useful this arc" zoro says. in a masterpiece of splash page, zoro shoots enma with kabuto, cuts kaido's head and saves what little remains of wano.
  • with wano destroyed, yamato tells luffy this is the perfect time to explore the country and live as kozuki oden. worst case scenario, the lava will give her a great tan
  • momo and kinemon, last survivors of wano, are crying. luffy tells them that he will come pick them up later to play pirates together and gives them the strawhat flag, as he has decided to join cross guild and make buggy king of pirates.
  • the strawhats leave mount fuji. as there is no more a wano country, act 3 is forced to end
  • chapter ends with gaimon looking at the strawhats ship from distance. "time to make my move" he says, as he breaks the treasure chest
  • editor's note says "the lurking legend awakens"
  • no break next week

Yamato isn't joining for the same reason Jinbei didn't immediately join

Because it would destroy the Monster Trio ;)

And the Hopium continues

Chapter 1,057: “Conclusion”.

• chapter opens in the magma cave, kaido and big mom are playing strip poker, something which proves more difficult than expected as the lava is burning their clothes
  • kaido is visibily angry, as he has a terrible hand
  • to avoid losing the game of poker, kaido emerges from mount fuji, causing an eruption. in a amazing splash page, wano is destroyed
  • zoro sees the whole thing and asks usopp to borrow his kabuto. "now even you can be useful this arc" zoro says. in a masterpiece of splash page, zoro shoots enma with kabuto, cuts kaido's head and saves what little remains of wano.
  • with wano destroyed, yamato tells luffy this is the perfect time to explore the country and live as kozuki oden. worst case scenario, the lava will give her a great tan
  • momo and kinemon, last survivors of wano, are crying. luffy tells them that he will come pick them up later to play pirates together and gives them the strawhat flag, as he has decided to join cross guild and make buggy king of pirates.
  • the strawhats leave mount fuji. as there is no more a wano country, act 3 is forced to end
  • chapter ends with gaimon looking at the strawhats ship from distance. "time to make my move" he says, as he breaks the treasure chest
  • editor's note says "the lurking legend awakens"
  • no break next week
And this is why fans don’t write one piece. 😶‍🌫️
This ☠️ ☠️

It's better than Lolda's writing right now. I actually have a theory:
Oda was one of the best writers of all time, aptly nicknamed Goda. However, one day a parasite latched onto Goda whilst he was writing the Marineford arc. He whispered to Goda " kill ace.. "
Goda tried to resist this idea but the parasite insisted, and forced his hand onto the paper, drawing out a panel of Ace jumping into a magma fist to protect his shocked brother. He then drew Katakuri eating him, proclaiming "mmm, good donut!! "
Goda was devastated, he was slowly being overtaken by a parasite hellbent on making his manga terrible.
This parasite slowly took over, and wrote things like Luffy having a new brother that was able to go toe to toe with an admiral, the pathetic fishman island arc, Smoker's entire existence once Haki was introduced ( literally just a punching bag now, please give him stronger haki and abilities ), the anime's depiction of the king Kong gun, the anime version of Kaidou one shotting Luffy, and the second half of Wano in the anime( aka dragon ball from Craigslist ), among many other mistakes.
The parasite completely engulfed Goda and replaced him during the end of WCI.

the anime's depiction of the king Kong gun, the anime version of Kaidou one shotting Luffy, and the second half of Wano in the anime( aka dragon ball from Craigslist )
To be fair, these are not Oda's fault but you're right. I hate Toei animation for ruining so many epic moments post time-skip. They turn what was written as quick, overwhelming attacks into boring, long struggles (i.e. the first Grizzly Magnum, Luffy's final attack against Doflamingo, Kaido one-shotting Luffy in Wano etc.) or oversaturate the action with too many DBZ-like effects, as they are doing right now with Luffy Vs Kaido ... It's so bad that I believe that the episodes should come with a "flashing lights, may cause seizures" warning ... the only recent major fight that I think was done well was Luffy Vs Katakuri

Last edited:

This gives me a tiny hope for Yamato joining before the end of the series still. Yamato still plans to go out to sea one day with Luffy basically saying whenever she's ready, he will come for her. There's also a lot of implication that we'll return to Wano one day. For one, we know Wano is very likely tied to the One Piece. We know one day we need to open the borders of Wano to free Pluton and welcome Joyboy AKA Luffy for something. We know the next 3 major islands are close to Wano and you can always return to Wano if need be. Luffy says he will come fight in Wano if Momo ever needs help again. He asks Yamato to look over Wano on his behalf basically, acting like he's already her captain. The narrator literally says we're taking a "little break" from Wano with it saying "We hope to see you back here again", implying that we're definitely returning to Wano one day, we're just taking a break from it for now.

So yeah, my hopium is alive for now

This gives me a tiny hope for Yamato joining before the end of the series still. Yamato still plans to go out to sea one day with Luffy basically saying whenever she's ready, he will come for her. There's also a lot of implication that we'll return to Wano one day. For one, we know Wano is very likely tied to the One Piece. We know one day we need to open the borders of Wano to free Pluton and welcome Joyboy AKA Luffy for something. We know the next 3 major islands are close to Wano and you can always return to Wano if need be. Luffy says he will come fight in Wano if Momo ever needs help again. He asks Yamato to look over Wano on his behalf basically, acting like he's already her captain. The narrator literally says we're taking a "little break" from Wano with it saying "We hope to see you back here again", implying that we're definitely returning to Wano one day, we're just taking a break from it for now.

So yeah, my hopium is alive for now
We get her in the crew when they find a way to get a good permanent voice actor for her in the anime.

We get her in the crew when they find a way to get a good permanent voice actor for her in the anime.
Bruh the anime gave her more scenes than the manga, I really doubt money is really a problem here seeing how OP is 1 of TOEI's most successful animes.

Man WorstGen is full of some of the most bitter, pathetic, and spiteful individuals I’ve ever seen. All they do is complain and call Wano shit. They call every character trash. They say Oda is god awful. And then they say One Piece was a mistake.

WTF is wrong with these people, how are they One Piece fans?

Last edited:
Man WorstGen is full of some of the most bitter, pathetic, and spiteful individuals I’ve ever seen. All they do is complain and call Wano shit. They call every character trash. They say Oda is god awful. And then they say One Piece was a mistake.

Onigashima was the only shit thing for me. Idk how people can complain about anything else tbh.

Overreaction to a unsatisfactory and rushed end to the arc. 99% of Wano was fantastic, but the lack of proper resolution to several story arcs leaves a bad taste.
Worst of all, it is being reported that Film Red is to blame for this rushed ending, i.e. Oda was rushed into ending Wano such that the appearance of Shanks at the end could properly tie into the hype for Film Red

Overreaction to a unsatisfactory and rushed end to the arc. 99% of Wano was fantastic, but the lack of proper resolution to several story arcs leaves a bad taste.
Worst of all, it is being reported that Film Red is to blame for this rushed ending, i.e. Oda was rushed into ending Wano such that the appearance of Shanks at the end could properly tie into the hype for Film Red
At the very least, it does seem like we’ll return to Wano one day

I made an account there to clown admiral fans honestly
Also you gotta agree with then that Wano is a mistake. Some of them say one piece is shit and it's for babies but those people should clearly be ignored because they still eat up these chapters despite saying that. But still, Wano WAS a bit shit, sadly. And I'm not extremely angry at this, because I realize Oda isn't a perfect writer, and if he was his name would be Kentaro Miura.

I made an account there to clown admiral fans honestly
Also you gotta agree with then that Wano is a mistake. Some of them say one piece is shit and it's for babies but those people should clearly be ignored because they still eat up these chapters despite saying that. But still, Wano WAS a bit shit, sadly. And I'm not extremely angry at this, because I realize Oda isn't a perfect writer, and if he was his name would be Kentaro Miura.
Recency bias IMO

A lot of people think OP arcs are shit right when they first read them, Wano is only just over, and people will basically need to sit on the arc for like an entire year before they truly have an honest unbiased opinion on it. This happened with Fishman Island, Dressrosa, and Whole Cake Island, it will undoubtably happen to Wano as well

Wano dragged on endlessly, and even then it had a rushed ending, with many plot points being abandoned plus panels wasted on a character that wasn't gonna serve a purpose.

So I can understand the criticism.

Recency bias IMO

A lot of people think OP arcs are shit right when they first read them, Wano is only just over, and people will basically need to sit on the arc for like an entire year before they truly have an honest unbiased opinion on it. This happened with Fishman Island, Dressrosa, and Whole Cake Island, it will undoubtably happen to Wano as well
This is true to a degree.
Digesting it for a year and looking back on it doesn't magically make all these inconsistencies and abandoned plot lines go away, we just learn to deal with it better.

I’m kinda sad how oda didn’t take time to let the strawhats have more interactions in wano. Instead we got filler panels of the strawhats “partying” together and skipped to shanks, GB, Sabo. I do feel like oda rushed shanks appearance to get that RED film boost.

Wano was an extremely big arc, so it's understandable that not everything got justice to it. I mean Wano is the end of a 10 year long focus to one day defeat Kaidou, so it's understandable that Oda wouldn't be able to give everything the justice it needed. Oda is only Human and he inevitably realized Wano was too long and he clearly wanted to end it. Now the fact that the narration implies we're taking a little break from Wano for now makes me believe we will come back and hopefully address some lingering plotlines from Wano such as Zoro's heritage. It does feel very weird how quickly we're leaving Wano, how randomly Shanks appeared, how fast Greenbull was clapped, and how Yamato suddenly changed her mind about going with Luffy.

Supposedly Oda is like 4-5 Chapters ahead of us when it comes to planning chapters and drawing them out, so it's very likely that Chapter 1057, the last chapter of Wano was when he took his 4 week break to reorganize the story and try to make it tighter. Chapters 1052-1057 were probably when Oda was exhausted and just desperately trying to finish Wano before his break so he could figure out the structure of the rest of the story. Now that he's finally finished Wano, we're in brand new territory for the first time in a while. Everything's been about building to Wano for the past 10 years, so now that it's over and Oda has set up everything he needed in Wano, he can focus on a bunch more before we inevitably return to Wano to open the borders.

Wano was an extremely big arc, so it's understandable that not everything got justice to it. I mean Wano is the end of a 10 year long focus to one day defeat Kaidou, so it's understandable that Oda wouldn't be able to give everything the justice it needed. Oda is only Human and he inevitably realized Wano was too long and he clearly wanted to end it. Now the fact that the narration implies we're taking a little break from Wano for now makes me believe we will come back and hopefully address some lingering plotlines from Wano such as Zoro's heritage. It does feel very weird how quickly we're leaving Wano, how randomly Shanks appeared, how fast Greenbull was clapped, and how Yamato suddenly changed her mind about going with Luffy.

Supposedly Oda is like 4-5 Chapters ahead of us when it comes to planning chapters and drawing them out, so it's very likely that Chapter 1057, the last chapter of Wano was when he took his 4 week break to reorganize the story and try to make it tighter. Chapters 1052-1057 were probably when Oda was exhausted and just desperately trying to finish Wano before his break so he could figure out the structure of the rest of the story. Now that he's finally finished Wano, we're in brand new territory for the first time in a while. Everything's been about building to Wano for the past 10 years, so now that it's over and Oda has set up everything he needed in Wano, he can focus on a bunch more before we inevitably return to Wano to open the borders.
Basically this but I do feel like oda should’ve took more breaks unless he really is sticking to that 2025 schedule which is quite terrifying.

I get that he wants to wrap his story up a bit quicker now but honestly neglecting people from joining the crew and not wrapping up plot lines is a very sleazy and corny way to cut down the time it will take to finish the story. Perhaps if he just didn't include some plot lines at all, or finished fights earlier, he would have a better way to finish the story quickly without doing stupid stuff. Luffy getting power ups and help against Kaidou made sense, if he beat the strongest creature alone it would have meant he was at the top of his food chain already which wouldn't work when he still has to fight other opponents, and him already being the strongest would be bad writing as we'd already know what would happen if he fought anyone else, like Blackbeard. But him awakening after his other bajillion power ups and assistances just feels so weird. If he awakened during his fight with Blackbeard it'd make more sense.

You know a few things i found wierd about Wano: We were in a place famous for its samurai with armament haki yet we never get any reference to Mihawk who travels around the world to find strong swordsman to test his skill. In Zou Zoro says he's gonna lead the samurai in no time & Franky boasts about making anti-Kaido weaponry. Luffy & Kid basically did what the aforementioned wanted to do. Franky literally brought 0 new weapons, let alone on that level obviously, only ships. I would sadly agrue the exploding handcuffs & the bombs under Onigashima are much more powerful than anything Franky has ever made so far, he didn't even get a chance analyse neither those weapons nor Queen's & the Germa Raid Suit's technology.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back