• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1057: "The End" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
Friday the thread will be updated with fan translations for the chapter and on Sunday the official release will be out.

No break next week

Link to Official Release: Here

Discussions not related to the chapter should be discussed in the General Discussion Thread Here.

Spoilers will be discussed in this thread. try not to derail this thread.

Last edited:
Damn ... Yamato not joining immediately after all. Makes sense IMO, the strawhats would be too OP with Yamato

Yamato getting the Jinbei treatment is eeeehhhhhhhh… As long as she joins the main crew before the story ends, it’s fine, but I have a stinking feeling that this is a “We’ll travel together after the main story” situation…

Well for now, we have to say goodbye to Yamato, but the potential for her to still become a Straw Hat one day still exists, so that’s some solace at least, I can only hope she joins as Wano’s borders open and they welcome Joyboy back one day

So no one join the crew at the end of this arc? That's weird but its fine.
Well said
I hope that Yamato will eventually join the Straw Hats when it is time to fight Katarina Devon.
If she comes just for the final battle then what's the point, what makes her any better than the MANY allies that will help the SHs there? Unless she joins earlier to have some interactions & whatnot. Tho chances for this to happen are pretty low now...

Last edited:
Alright, time to get out my copium take

We know a couple things about the islands that are upcoming. There’s only 4 notable islands left on the Grand line. Sphinx, Elbaf, Hachinosu, and Lodestar. It appears the Straw Hats are heading horizontally to the island Sphinx, with Kid and Law respectively going to Elbaf and Hachinosu. The major thing of note is that all of these are relatively close to Wano, with the last island Lodestar coming up as well. Here’s the thing, we know we need to go back to Wano and open the borders one day, that’s sorta been setup, so I’m wondering if Oda’s waiting till then to have Yamato sail with Luffy. Or it’s possible that Yamato will join earlier since the Straw Hats next island is not too far from Wano and she could realistically catch up one day down the line. Here’s the thing, we know the One Piece is not on Lodestar and it’s possible that we’re gonna have to double back on our journey and visit some previous islands along the way, so we could revisit Wano later at some point and Yamato could join then. Oda waited 300 chapters to have Jinbei join, so it’s not necessarily uncommon for Oda to just make us wait a long while for Yamato to join, but I admit this isn’t exactly solid.

We’re in the Final Saga right now, and even if Oda wanted Yamato to join, it would very likely only be at the tail end of the adventure at this point, which is a bit sad. This does mean us Yamato fans are in the mud a bit, but at the very least, our hopes are not completely crushed. I expect the next cover story to be one that covers Yamato’s adventures in Wano, and it may just possibly lead to her finishing up what she wanted to do in Wano and then choosing to join the Straw Hats, I really don’t know.

Before this chapter, I was fairly confident she would join, but at this point, I’m not too sure anymore. At the very least, Yamato has expressed she still desires to go out to sea one day and Luffy said definitively that the second she wants to, he’ll come and get her. So that has me hopeful at least. We know that Luffy still needs one more crew member in order to match Blackbeard and his 10 Commanders, and I still think Yamato is the #1 candidate for that at this time.

Overall this is not a huge L for Yamato fans, but it is quite a set back, at this point we have to say goodbye to Yamato and hope that maybe one day we will have her sailing aboard the Sunny with the Straw Hats

Copium over ✌️

NGL I am feeling pretty depressed and in the mud tho… Now I have to read One Piece not knowing if Yamato will ever join and possibly not seeing her again for like 100 chapters

Not looking forward to that, I wanted her to join now so I could see more of her… So guess I gotta deal with this crippling depression for a while

I will also miss having Yamato around. He is both very strong and righteous in combination, whereas other straw hats are generally either very strong (Zoro) or righteous (Chopper), but not both at the same time.

It will also be much harder to fight Blackbeard's crew and save Trafalgar Law without his help.

I hope that the next cover story will feature Yamato at least, as you said above.

Last edited:
Also, speaking of cover stories, at what point will we see Enel and his moon army again, and what role will they play?

I will also miss having Yamato around. They are both very strong and righteous in combination, whereas other straw hats are generally either very strong (Zoro) or righteous (Chopper), but not both at the same time.

It will also be much harder to fight Blackbeard's crew and save Trafalgar Law without their help.

I hope that the next cover story will feature Yamato at least, as you said above.
I’m hoping for the Jinbei situation, the Crew’s away for a bit and we get a cover story for her that ends with her meeting back up with them at the next island

I had been hoping that no one else would join after Jinbe for the longest, so these spoilers are a treat.

Anyone joining at this stage in the story would be mehhh/underwhelming imo. The characters just do not compare if we look at the strawhats as characters. The Pre timeskip strawhats are just clear.

Besides that, this is one of the weakest conclusions to an arc. Should be even more gas from here on out though

Honestly, I hope that both Yamato and Trafalgar join the straw hats during the Blackbeard arc. After Trafalgar is inevitably beaten up by overwhelming numbers, he should finally realise that he just doesn't have a strong enough crew to make it on his own.

Btw: I hope that Oda does not let Blackbeard kill Trafalgar and take his power for shock value. Trafalgar is a too great character to just throw away.

Mmmm.... Yamato not joining is weird after all the hyping up all the way until 1056's last page. But at least Momo, Yamato and Kin are now all straw-hats in the same sense that Vivi is.
Momo placing the strawhat flag in wano officially makes it Luffy's territory. The hour of cope is real, but here's hoping we don't take TOO long before seeing Yamato again.

Mmmm.... Yamato not joining is weird after all the hyping up all the way until 1056's last page. But at least Momo, Yamato and Kin are now all straw-hats in the same sense that Vivi is.
Momo placing the strawhat flag in wano officially makes it Luffy's territory. The hour of cope is real, but here's hoping we don't take TOO long before seeing Yamato again.
I feel like the fact that Yamato says she still wants to go out to sea alongside everything she said prior and Luffy saying he’ll come find her when she wants to be a pirate, that’s very likely paying off, she may not be a full Straw Hat member, but her eventually joining Luffy feels right

Then again, Oda has abandoned shit he set up before, so I wouldn’t be surprised if Yamato was handled the way Ash handled Pidgeot

Wano is just a desolated wasteland with poisoned rivers and a prison mine, what's there to explore really?

This is just a terrible excuse to take her out, and Luffy grouping Yamato with Momo and Kinemon is horrible since these two have no reason to leave Wano, Momo is the Shogun and Kinemon isn't going to abandon his wife.

The fact that Oda had Yamato constantly say she was gonna finally be free and go out to sea with Luffy the same way Oden did, and then just last minute has Yamato say “Nah, I wanna explore Wano” a bit feels very weird

Now once again, at this point in time, we do not have the full dialogue or context of the matter and it could be explained better and make far more sense than it does at this point in time, but I will admit I don’t know what Oda’s planning with Yamato here. I hope he’s just delaying her joining, cause I’d like to believe Oda isn’t as shit an author that he would just completely waste Yamato’s character like this, but who knows anymore.

Luffy and Co will need to return to Wano one day after the borders are opened due to the borders opening being meant to welcome Joyboy AKA Luffy and use Pluton to fulfill some purpose, so when that does eventually happen, Yamato could go with them then

Yamato fully intends to go to sea one day and Luffy said he’d take her along the second she’s ready to be a Pirate, so I’m praying this is a Jinbei situation

As a Zoro fan, I feel very conflicted about the lack of a resolution regarding his origins ... Is he a Shimotsuki? Is he just a random bum? Is Oda keeping that revelation for a later time?

PS: I would actually prefer if Zoro is just some random bum who really likes swordsmanship

I got all I wanted these past 2-3 chapters. Agenda Piece is going strong.

Now the only thing I'm waiting for is the inevitable bounty reveal.

Well the only thing i want to say that i hope no one will provoking each others with Yamato conclusion even if it just a meme or something like that

I don't really care that much if Yamato doesn't join, what really bothers me is the excessive baiting Oda has been doing in these last chapters, squeezing every last moment out of a stupid Nakama drama only to make a cheap excuse to take the character out of the plot and not give her a decent resolution.

Also all those panels of Yamato saying she will either join the crew or leave the island were a complete waste of time.

She ended up doing exactly what Kaido wanted at the end, how ironic.

@Therefir Well, even still i'm not going to doubting Oda despite the underwhelming conclusion we get
Anyway we're going to see when the raw/official chapter get released, until now back to watching Gundam Seed

The sad fact of the matter is that Oda spent 2 straight years implying Yamato was joining the Straw Hats and leaving to sea with them, only to last minute say “Nah, she’s staying in Wano”. People have said this was “Foreshadowed” and “You can clearly see this result”. But it’s just people having their own personal excuses as to why she would stay because they don’t want her to join. There’s nothing from the actual series itself that sets Yamato up not to join, it’s just people looking for reasons why she wouldn’t. Which is why this feels unnatural.

If Yamato was just going to stay in Wano this whole time, I’d rather her not constantly say she’s going out to sea with Luffy. Just have her ambition be that she’s going to free and protect Wano like Oden “should have” and I wouldn’t be upset with this outcome

Yes, I also wanted Yamato to join. This is a big shame.

(I want Trafalgar Law to join as well.)

Well, as I mentioned earlier, after Trafalgar likely gets beaten by the sheer powerful numbers of Blackbeard's crew, he might realise that his own crew is not powerful enough, so he becomes the Beckman to Luffy's Shanks.

Well, as I mentioned earlier, after Trafalgar likely gets beaten by the sheer powerful numbers of Blackbeard's crew, he might realise that his own crew is not powerful enough, so he becomes the Beckman to Luffy's Shanks.
Sorry Ant, Zoro is the closest in the crew to be Luffy's vice captain/Ben Beckman, Law lacks the history & bond these 2 have. Also, weak crew or not, Law won't just bow down to such a degree to Luffy like that, he has his own pride as captain and the Onigashima battle made this clear. Also Law isn't the type of person to take BB head-on, he's probably going stealth mode like act 1 Wano. If he survives(which i'm hoping too), he'll defenetly join with the SHs again, as an ally not crewmate.

PS: I would actually prefer if Zoro is just some random bum who really likes swordsmanship
Same. But it's really weird that we're in the Final Saga of One Piece now and still know so little about Zoro's origin, despite Oda liking him so much. Maybe Oda's saving his full backstory for the Mihawk rematch?

As for Yamato, not sad at all she didn't leave Wano with the Straw Hats. I just couldn't get into her as a character, and the annoying war for nakama between the Yamato and Carrot fandoms for the last several months didn't help things, so I'm personally glad neither are joining (although I'm worried about that cliffhanger with Carrot, because I wouldn't put it past Oda to have her stowaway like Neko and Inu did). But at the same time, it's like what was the point of Yamato existing if she's not joining right now after Oda hit us over the head so many times that she wanted to go out to sea with Luffy and the Straw Hats? Also, I actually thought it was even more of a guarantee she was leaving due to the dialogue between Yamato and Momo during the fight with Ryokygyu. Oh well.

Sorry Ant, Zoro is the closest in the crew to be Luffy's vice captain/Ben Beckman, Law lacks the history & bond these 2 have. Also, weak crew or not, Law won't just bow down to such a degree to Luffy like that, he has his own pride as captain and the Onigashima battle made this clear. Also Law isn't the type of person to take BB head-on, he's probably going stealth mode like act 1 Wano. If he survives(which i'm hoping too), he'll defenetly join with the SHs again, as an ally not crewmate.
Okay. I am fine with if he stays around as an ally though.

Same. But it's really weird that we're in the Final Saga of One Piece now and still know so little about Zoro's origin, despite Oda liking him so much. Maybe Oda's saving his full backstory for the Mihawk rematch?
Zoro and Nami are the only remaining strawhats whose origins are still a complete mystery. AFAIK, everyone else's backstory has basically been covered, perhaps except Brook, but I doubt his exact origins are important to the story in any way

I don't think Nami's actual parentage will ever come up though, but with all the teasing in Wano I thought Oda wanted to reveal Zoro as a Shimotsuki, but apparently not (or not yet, at least)

As a Zoro fan, I feel very conflicted about the lack of a resolution regarding his origins ... Is he a Shimotsuki? Is he just a random bum? Is Oda keeping that revelation for a later time?
This.
They connected him to Ryuma and Ushimaru via direct descent (seemingly) but no answers whatsoever about that. I assumed Zoro would go to Ryuma's grave after the fight is done, but none of that- we'll likely get back to it eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back