• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1057: "The End" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, glad that's finally over with.

At least Wano finally gave Robin another 1v1 fight (and introducing Demonio Fleur), Zoro got an actual challenging fight and did all the stuff he did during Roof Piece and unlocking ACoC during his fight with King, Sanji finally won a big 1v1 fight after the timeskip, Jinbe's finally with the crew, Luffy's an official Yonko now and a full-on top tier, we learned about Pluton being in Wano (would've liked to have seen it though).

Bye for now Momo, have fun with your horrible sister.

Well, Hiyori likely said something that she meant to be a throwback to Orochi alone after what he did to her father, due to how much of an emotional moment it was for her after being forced to serve the man who destroyed her country and murdered her parents for 20 years. It just came out wrong due to how upset she was.

I very strongly doubt that she would murder Tama given that she seemed genuinely kind in caring for Zoro and the scabbards, and helping poor people with the money that she stole from traitors, if I remember correctly.

That said, the storyteller repeating the phrase in front of an audience was obviously a much bigger problem than Hiyori screaming at Orochi in private while a battle was going on.

Last edited:
Well, Hiyori likely said something that she meant to be a throwback to Orochi alone after what he did to her father, due to how much of an emotional moment it was for her after being forced to serve the man who destroyed her country and murdered her parents for 20 years. It just came out wrong due to how upset she was.

I very strongly doubt that she would murder Tama given that she seemed genuinely kind in caring for Zoro and the scabbards, and helping poor people with the money that she stole from traitors, if I remember correctly.

That said, the storyteller repeating the phrase in front of an audience was obvioously a much bigger problem than Hiyori screaming at Orochi in private while a battle was going on.
LOL. Is this based off that meme I posted where she and Toko try to put Tama in a boiling pot and Yamato jumped in it?

Nah, it’s just plain bad writing…

Yamato off screen changing her mind about joining Luffy at the LAST chapter of Wano is such a “**** you” from Oda, that it isn’t even funny… Don’t ******* imply she’s gonna leave with them several times in the past few chapters and then randomly have her change her entire desire to go out to sea. That’s just flat out terrible writing. The idea that it’s to troll the audience and subvert our expectations is shit…

Also there’s Hiyori and all the kids in Wano saying “Kurozumi’s were born to burn”, which perpetuates the problems that caused Orochi to become evil in the first place… So WTF Oda…

This chapter gave me nothing, it had no good aspects to it and didn’t give a good sendoff to Wano… Which is such a ******* shame, how do you miss so hard in the last ******* chapter of an arc?

So yeah, like I said, 0/10
My greatest regret is that I could only give this one like.

But yeah, Yamato not joining the crew made me lose it.

Carrot not joining is one thing (even if that ALSO was bullshit IMO), but this is ******* absurd.

All that lead up for nothing.

For shame, Oda.

What, y'all thought I was gonna talk about Hiyori?

While her being genocidal is...just ******* stupid (since that's what started Orochi's path of hate to begin with), think of where she is coming from.

Orochi took everything from her, murdered her mother and father, and viewed her as basically a sex object (even if that was her intention).

There's a reason it's called the cycle of hate.

But the fact that Oda is making light of this cycle of hate is really irritating.

So this chapter is -200/10 for me.

Saying an entire family is put on earth for the sole purpose of burning is a problem in any situation regardless of Oda's intent
Yes, of course, but this was about Hiyori being in an extremely emotionally agitated state, and trying to say something striking that mirrored what happened to her father. If Oda thought that everybody like Tama deserve to die, he wouldn't have portrayed her as a kind, tough, and brave child.

Also, could we please not compare Hiyori to Hitler?

As a Jew, my family doesn't like when people are compared to Hitler since it diminishes the significance of ... certain real life historical events.

Thank you.
Ditto. My mother is technically Jewish (never an adherent to the Jewish faith and culture, but nevertheless), and almost the entire Jewish part of my family tree were murdered by the Nazis. What Hiyori did is not remotely comparable. Currently I embrace a modernised mixture of Buddhist and Hindu spiritual principles, and I have never identified as being Jewish though.

Btw why is everyone talking about Hiyori killing Tama when she has done nothing to indicate anything of the sort?

Edit: Where at all is it implied that Tama is in the Kurozomi family?

Ditto. My mother is Jewish, and almost the entire Jewish part of my family tree were murdered by the Nazis.
My condolences.

Well, I obviously didn't meet them myself, but I don't have a large family partially because of it.

Ditto. My mother is technically Jewish (never an adherent to the Jewish faith and culture, but nevertheless), and almost the entire Jewish part of my family tree were murdered by the Nazis. What Hiyori did is not remotely comparable. Currently I embrace a modernised mixture of Buddhist and Hindu spiritual principles, and I have never identified as being Jewish though.
Ah, I apologize. I promise you I would not have mentioned that if I had known that it would remind you of those.. Unsavory events.

But yeah, Yamato not joining the crew made me lose it.

Carrot not joining is one thing (even if that ALSO was bullshit IMO), but this is ******* absurd.

All that lead up for nothing.

For shame, Oda.

What, y'all thought I was gonna talk about Hiyori?

While her being genocidal is...just ******* stupid (since that's what started Orochi's path of hate to begin with), think of where she is coming from.

Orochi took everything from her, murdered her mother and father, and viewed her as basically a sex object (even if that was her intention).

There's a reason it's called the cycle of hate.

But the fact that Oda is making light of this cycle of hate is really irritating.

So this chapter is -200/10 for me.
Again, I do not remotely think that Hiyori is some kind of dedicated ideologue who wants to murder children, given that she was consistently portrayed as proud, brave, kind, and self-sacrificing otherwise. She just wanted to say something hurtful to Orochi while in an extremely emotionally upset state after over 20 years of build-up. That is all.

Also, I think that Oda likely planned to have Yamato join, but after their gender turned into such a big issue among the western Fandom, he might have decided to wait with this until later, as he wanted the situation to cool off, so others would not push him into another direction than he wanted, and did not want to be savaged by western media if he did not sufficiently please them, so he can let Yamato be appreciated as a great character rather than as a symbol with inherent baggage, regardless which gender they eventually turn out to identify as.

Last edited:
Ah, I apologize. I promise you I would not have mentioned that if I had known that it would remind you of those.. Unsavory events.
Again, I obviously never met them, so no problem, and although I have been assigned several supposedly marginalised group identities and have an extremely mentally traumatic background partially because of them, I do not want to identify as a perpetually offended authoritarian aggressive victim, and am increasingly moving away from being in an unhealthy constant state of reaction and self-definition from the above-mentioned trauma or group identities, especially after I began to take continuous meditation lessons.

I want to try to be an individualist who appreciates and enjoys life, and does not see it as a problem to be solved or wallows in bitter vengeful destructivity, and rather lives in love and freedom instead.

Last edited:
Also, I think that Oda likely planned to have Yamato join, but after their gender turned into such a big issue among the western Fandom, he might have decided to wait with this until later, as he wanted the situation to cool off, so others would not push him into another direction than he wanted, or be savaged by western media if he did not sufficiently please them, so he can let Yamato be appreciated as a great character rather than as a symbol with inherent baggage, regardless which gender they eventually turn out to identify as.
I heavily doubt this bit.

Again, I do not remotely think that Hiyori is some kind of dedicated ideologue who wants to murder children, given that she was consistently portrayed as proud, brave, kind, and self-sacrificing otherwise. She just wanted to say something hurtful to Orochi while in an extremely emotionally upset state after over 20 years of build-up. That is all.

Also, I think that Oda likely planned to have Yamato join, but after their gender turned into such a big issue among the western Fandom, he might have decided to wait with this until later, as he wanted the situation to cool off, so others would not push him into another direction than he wanted, or be savaged by western media if he did not sufficiently please them, so he can let Yamato be appreciated as a great character rather than as a symbol with inherent baggage, regardless which gender they eventually turn out to identify as.
Or he just wants to be unpredictable and also wrap up Wano and line it up with the release of Film RED to get boatloads of money and attention.

Well, glad that's finally over with.

At least Wano finally gave Robin another 1v1 fight (and introducing Demonio Fleur), Zoro got an actual challenging fight and did all the stuff he did during Roof Piece and unlocking ACoC during his fight with King, Sanji finally won a big 1v1 fight after the timeskip, Jinbe's finally with the crew, Luffy's an official Yonko now and a full-on top tier, we learned about Pluton being in Wano (would've liked to have seen it though).

Bye for now Momo, have fun with your horrible sister.
If Oda had simply cut out the entire Fraudbull/Shanks part of the conclusion to Wano, it would actually still be great IMO. Like, that whole thing was completely pointless and super rushed. The appearance of an Admiral is really an event in One Piece and it seemed like GreenBull was really being built up for something - but then Shanks appears out of nowhere and just ***** on him and leaves - even inexplicably refuses to meet Luffy even though he has definitely become a "great pirate" ... That whole tacked-on sidetrack appears to have been written with the sole purpose of hyping the movie and that just sucks

Last edited:
If Oda had simply cut out the entire Fraudbull/Shanks part of the conclusion to Wano, it would actually still be great IMO. Like, that whole thing was completely pointless and super rushed. The appearance of an Admiral is really an event in One Piece and it seemed like GreenBull was really being built up for something - but then Shanks appears out of nowhere and just ***** on him and leaves - even inexplicably refuses to meet Luffy even though he has definitely become a "great pirate" ... That whole tacked-on sidetrack appears to have been written with the sole purpose of hyping the movie and that just sucks
It also makes no sense how Aramaki wanted to fight an emperor with actual feats ( Luffy ) but not Shanks. It's so inconsistent. Shanks is so hyped for no reason, just make him fight Luffy already. Also shout out to the monkeys on worstgen who think Shanks is gonna be a hypetool for Blackbeard, hilariously dumb theory.

Aramaki: If Kaido was around, I would not have dared to come and challenge him
Also Aramaki: Wants to fight Luffy, who he knows has beaten Kaido

Uhm what?
Well, he likely did not have the full information that Luffy beat Kaido in single combat, and also thought that LuffY was damaged, exhausted, and worn down, i.e. much weaker than normal at the time.

CP 0 would have informed him about what happened

A week had passed
A week had passed but queen and king were still heavily injured at the time of Aramaki's arrival. And those two have zoan regen, while Luffy.. Actually might have it but I dunno. Tbf he walked out of his final showdown with Kaidou with only some bandages and bruises.
But either way it was terrible logic from Oda

I swear Greenbull could stomp half the Straw Hats at once, and people will still say he doesn't scale because they cut a branch off his tree form or some shit.

This chapter was to the Wano Arc what the last episodes of Game of Thrones was to Game of Thrones.
I wouldn't go nearly that far.

Also, it isn't like Daenerys going full self-righteous villain remotely came out of nowhere. There was a long gradual build-up, and the entire point of GoT was that it worked more like the medieval real world period of western civilisation actually did, rather than strictly following traditional storytelling tropes, so not giving a remotely sugary and cookie-cutter conclusion was very true to the nature of the show.

This chapter was to the Wano Arc what the last episodes of Game of Thrones was to Game of Thrones.
Personally the ending somewhat remind me of Last Jedi, with the difference its that most of the arc was still great, while the Last Jedi for most of the time was either meh or bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back