• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1057: "The End" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yamato: “I’ll be sailing with you guys from now on”

*2 weeks later

Yamato: “You know what? Nah, I’m staying to see the sights of Wano”

And y’all say this isn’t trash writing?
You meant 2 minutes? Because it was only probably a few minutes in story between her jumping onto the rooftop declaring her decision to join the straw hats and her immediately trolling us and saying she's just gonna be Momo's lapdog for now.

One:
Yeah I agree looking back on it at least Jinbe can knock back an emperor and show literally no fear against them. Can not say that at all for a certain contradictory navy admiral.
Two: Zoro still cut her in half. If he cuts Aramaki in half with haki I doubt he'll get back up. Like Kuzan avoiding a stab to the stomach from Whitebeard.
Three: radical beam is a legitimate laser lol, we've seen how effective a beam attack can be against Aramaki. Also hasn't he busted through metal with radical beam or am I misremembering?
Four: I realized that Nami might be able to defeat Aramaki considering she has Zeus ( who can grow to huge sizes, not that huge for the One Piece world and it's inhabitants ( Elbaf ) but still huge honestly ).
Five: Not related to One Piece or any hypothetical battles between admirals and the straw hats but can someone do a quick breakdown of how to use these:
;
|
~
`

{ }
[ ]
✓√

And these £ € ¥ ®
1: OK
2: She WAY weaker than him, i don't see Amaraki & Zoro having such a big gap as with her. Do we know for sure that he can't pull an Aokiji? Kizaru managed to pull that off too when WB tried to hit him for the 2nd time. Akainu pulled that off too on Marco & Vista. BTW i think Zoro wins this too.
3: The Boro Breath isn't a beam, it's just a focused super hot fire stream. Even if it was, we can't say beam attacks from every character have the same AP/Heat, like Kizaru's are stronger then some random Pacifista. Yeah, the radical beam destroyed a metal door that blocked Sanji's normal kicks in Punk Hazard.
4: Didn't even Ulti manage to dodge Zeus one time? Also the Radical Beam is only LS so far, which's a piece of cake for top tiers to dodge. With his superior speed & observation haki, he can evade both of them. He might not even not even to transform into a full forest with these 2 & just blitz them with the vines/black blade & block heat based attacks with aramament in case they ever manage to tag him.
5: No clue, sorry.

1: OK
2: She WAY weaker than him, i don't see Amaraki & Zoro having such a big gap as with her. Do we know for sure that he can't pull an Aokiji? Kizaru managed to pull that off too when WB tried to hit him for the 2nd time. Akainu pulled that off too on Marco & Vista. BTW i think Zoro wins this too.
3: The Boro Breath isn't a beam, it's just a focused super hot fire stream. Even if it was, we can't say beam attacks from every character have the same AP/Heat, like Kizaru's are stronger then some random Pacifista. Yeah, the radical beam destroyed a metal door that blocked Sanji's normal kicks in Punk Hazard.
4: Didn't even Ulti manage to dodge Zeus one time? Also the Radical Beam is only LS so far, which's a piece of cake for top tiers to dodge. With his superior speed & observation haki, he can evade both of them. He might not even not even to transform into a full forest with these 2 & just blitz them with the vines/black blade & block heat based attacks with aramament in case they ever manage to tag him.
5: No clue, sorry.
If he couldn't react to Boro breath twice I doubt he can react to Radical Beam lol.

This is why i never been in One Piece or Shonen Discussion threads in general, things really atrocious
You guys are care too much for a bad chapters and Yamato and others controversial things at this point, go to outside and touch grass or something like that

This is why i never been in One Piece or Shonen Discussion threads in general, things really atrocious
You guys are care too much for a bad chapters and Yamato and others controversial things at this point, go to outside and touch grass or something like that
5B83D545-9763-4262-B57E-275F4DBBF9C4.jpg

I must confess, when Kaido initially "killed" Luffy, I ******* lost it at first since I thought that this arc would take ANOTHER year with Luffy needing to train again.

I honestly thought Oda had no idea what to do post-Wano so he was doing that to drag out Wano.

Fortunately I was very wrong.

I must confess, when Kaido initially "killed" Luffy, I ******* lost it at first since I thought that this arc would take ANOTHER year with Luffy needing to train again.

I honestly thought Oda had no idea what to do post-Wano so he was doing that to drag out Wano.

Fortunately I was very wrong.
I still think he should have awakened during a final showdown with Blackbeard. It'd have shown just how determined he was to avenge Ace and also be a good contrast to Blackbeard being like a dark version of Luffy. He is dusk and Luffy is dawn. Also imagine if Kizaru is a hype tool for Blackbeard

As much as i hate to say it, Adult Dragon Momo>>Franky. Even pre-timeskip Luffy was dodging lasers & the admirals still blizted him.
Btw that's something I always found a bit weird. He had short unconscious CoC ( a bit like Zoro unknowingly cutting Kaidou with ACoC )and very shortly used future sight but didn't have any armament to use against the admirals or vice admirals?? He also used advanced kenbunshoku but couldn't predict getting speedblitzed at all

Haaaaaa

2 parts, the fact that it was a shit chapter and that it was a shit ending to an arc

Shit Chapter​

Yamato had a week to think about her choices and she only thought of it 2 minutes before they left to sea, and this chapter gives no depth to it other than "well I talked to Luffy about it", WHEN???
The choice of going around to explore Wano. What is she gonna go explore? The weapon factories?

Momonosuke not using his brain, so the first half of the chapter is Momonsouke bashing Luffy, and the second half is "I'm weak please don't leave". All of Momonosuke's character development, progression, and growth, out the window. And I don't wanna hear "he's 8", because after his week of leadership he decides now that he sucks huh. He grew so much just to falter. Even after Greenbull. Even Kin'emon facepalmed at his bullshit.

Yamato ruining a touching moment.
"I'll surpass Oden"
"You'll surpass me???"
My gosh

The Wano citizens throwing out over a hundred chapters of Wano writing just to say that stupid ass line of justifying genocide because of their last name.

Shit Ending​

What the **** was that grim reaper trying to kill Zoro
The lack of completed character arcs in this arc was crazy.
Scabbards were ******* embarrassing and they failed to have any depth. Not 1 was completed.
They didn't even SPEAK of the sacrificed scabbards and fighters. All they said was "Hiyori was brave, 2 yonko were killed, denjiro cut off a snake's head". No speaking of Izo and Ashura Doji?
No funeral for the killed fighters?
Where the **** is the linlin pirates at.

So many things that this final chapter failed to conclude.

And you act like it was the best chapter in Wano
I agree with much of the above, except that I didn't think that Momo breaking down was out of character. He is a kind and very emotional child, even if he has turned much braver lately.

Yamato: “I’ll be sailing with you guys from now on”

*2 weeks later

Yamato: “You know what? Nah, I’m staying to see the sights of Wano”

And y’all say this isn’t trash writing?
Agreed, but I speculate that it was due to Oda feeling uncomfortable with external pressure regarding how he should handle the character in one direction or the other.

Agreed. It wasn't a good chapter, but the overall story is still great. It isn't such a big deal.

Btw that's something I always found a bit weird. He had short unconscious CoC ( a bit like Zoro unknowingly cutting Kaidou with ACoC )and very shortly used future sight but didn't have any armament to use against the admirals or vice admirals?? He also used advanced kenbunshoku but couldn't predict getting speedblitzed at all
Dunno. Pretty sure besides throwing those pieces of ice at the admirals trio & punching Garp, every other time he faced vice admirals & admirals he was trying to avoid fighting them directly. Also the accidental Obervation & Conquer Haki were life-savers. If accidently he used Armament it wouldn't change anything, cause he was to weak compared to most in Marineford.
No, because throughout the entire arc Yamato was consistent.

Yamato never had an issue even close to this. Yamato's entire character arc was from bondage to freedom, and now that freedom is tied into bullshit that nobody, including her, asked for.
You're right! Even if we somehow ignore all the panels of wanting to immediatly join Luffy, she wasn't all concerned at the order Oden did things before 1057.

She told the samurai in her flashback, she would go out in the sea, get stronger & then come to fight for Wano when the right time came in 20 years. She explains to Kaido, she didn't do this because the DF weaknes & the seastone exploding handcuffs. She was geniunly interested in the sea when talking with Ace. Even Oden went all around Wano only because he failed to escape the borders until WB showed up & his father kicked him out of the capital.

This new patern is scaring me for the future: Is she going to 1st join the WB of this corrent era & then Luffy? Will she try to find & marry the new user of Time DF because Oden did it with Toki?

Last edited:
Did the official versiom adjust Hiyori's controversial comment?

It’s just in poor taste, Orochi’s entire family was hunted and murdered just for being Kurozumi’s and then Hiyori slanders the name Kurozumi further, teaching kids to say the line “Kurozumi was born to burn”

Even if the intent is to solely be about Orochi, I still think it perpetuates the cycle of hatred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back