• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1057: "The End" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. It's THE weakest conclusion to an arc
I feel like Oda is really confused with Wano and doesn't know what to do with it. He said Zoro would visit Ryuma's grave, it never happened. Lots of cool Zoro stuff got thrown into the trash because It's needed to give him the cool magical samurai sword to keep wanking his shitty samurai OC that died off 20+ years ago in the story. Now Yamato is not joining AFTER LITERALLY SAYING THE CHAPTER BEFORE SHE'S JOINING. What the **** is she gonna do on Wano? Be Momo's lap dog? I'm done with her sucking off Momo and Oden all the time, she should be a much better character than this. It's genuinely kind of angering what Oda is doing with this arc right now. He needs to stop succumbing to bad advice and stop trying to use dumb tropes to carry his story. This isn't even mentioning the war concluded in two emperors not even dying or anything, just falling into a volcano and never having any confirmation of what happened to them, then their crew still lives, and only two villains ( who weren't that strong or threatening in the first place ) die, and only two heroes ( who weren't extremely relevant or anything anyway ) die off too. That's just a terrible conclusion to a huge war with two of the most built up and strong antagonists in the series. Kaidou and Big Mom aren't the most built up villains only because of Blackbeard and Akainu, and I bet Akainu is probably gonna get killed off by Sabo anyway, not bad writing it's just my two cents on the matter. But the point is, Oda wrote Wano terribly, and I hope this fabled last panel he was eager to draw isn't terrible too.
Edit: and the grim reaper confronting Zoro was just completely forgotten about too.

I don't really care that much if Yamato doesn't join, what really bothers me is the excessive baiting Oda has been doing in these last chapters, squeezing every last moment out of a stupid Nakama drama only to make a cheap excuse to take the character out of the plot and not give her a decent resolution.
goda move

I don't really care that much if Yamato doesn't join, what really bothers me is the excessive baiting Oda has been doing in these last chapters, squeezing every last moment out of a stupid Nakama drama only to make a cheap excuse to take the character out of the plot and not give her a decent resolution.
It'd be fine if she took time to think about whether she'd actually set sail with them and decided to hold off her invitation for now, kind of like Vivi, but he decided to have her say she would set sail with them and live like Oden only to IMMEDIATELY go back and have her say " LOL just trolling you really fell for it what a dipshit, anyway I'm gonna stay in Wano as a stray dog until I feel like joining for real. "

I also wonder about what happened to Zoro with that shinigami.

Zoro’s plotline in Wano is so weird. I do hope his heritage becomes relevant again one day, cause I’m confused as to why Zoro’s connection with Wano is just glossed over

Also once again, I hope Yamato joins the crew later one day

About Yamato, I thought Oda has changed his story in last month, or weeks. Seems like he also want Yamato joining SHs at the end of Wano initially but then he changed the Final Saga's script. Maybe there are some incident or issues or sum like that, outside SHs journey, and need Yamato to make that or take the part of that.

About Zoro stuff, may there are flashbacks, from Momo's side or Zoro's side or whoever it is to tell it.

Opinion.

*Edit
Or Oda changed story for request from Toei because they dont have enough money to pay Saori Hayami for Yamato VA

Last edited:
I got all I wanted these past 2-3 chapters. Agenda Piece is going strong.

Now the only thing I'm waiting for is the inevitable bounty reveal.
well u tryna give ur bounty predictions(or what bounties will keep ur agenda going strong)...

(format for u)

Zoro:
Usopp:
Sanji:
Nami:
Chopper:
Robin:
Brook:
Franky:
Jimbe:

well u tryna give ur bounty predictions(or what bounties will keep ur agenda going strong)...

(format for u)

Zoro:
Usopp:
Sanji:
Nami:
Chopper:
Robin:
Brook:
Franky:
Jimbe:
Zoro: 1.5 billion
Usopp: 550 million
Sanji: 1.5 billion
Nami: 400 million
Chopper: 500
Robin: 600 million
Brook: 420 million
Franky: 690 million
Jimbe: 750 million

Bounty Predictions

Zoro: 1.4 Billion Berries
Nami: 400 Million Berries (Depends on if she’s given credit for taking down Ulti)
Usopp: 250 Million Berries
Sanji: 1.35 Billion Berries
Chopper: 150 Berries
Robin: 550 Million Berries
Franky: 500 Million Berries
Brook: 150 Million Berries
Jinbei: 600 Million Berries
Yamato: 1 Billion Berries (I listed her cause copium that she’ll still join one day 🤷‍♂️)

I hope that Law wins, but I am not accustomed to how to properly evaluate versus threads, and am usually very disinterested in them to start with.

Was bored so i went back and skimmed through all the readings, the strawhats back tracking and revisiting stuff will definetly not fit into odas 3 years(possibly 5) time frame. so either he's a str8 up liar, or our hopium is alittle too much.

Was bored so i went back and skimmed through all the readings, the strawhats back tracking and revisiting stuff will definetly not fit into odas 3 years(possibly 5) time frame. so either he's a str8 up liar, or our hopium is alittle too much.
He’s not a liar, he just doesn’t predict well, I still think we got 5 years left

Like I said tho, even if Yamato does join the crew, it would sadly be at the very tail end of the adventure. The only way I see Yamato joining is if she leaves herself to meet back up with the Crew or during the end when they open Wano’s borders and release Pluton. If Oda is really just saying Yamato travels with Luffy in an epilogue, then WTF was the point of her wanting to go out to sea and constantly saying she’ll travel anyways? Like if Oda had no intentions of actually having Yamato sail with the Straw Hats, why on God’s Green Earth did he constantly have her say she would… Like is it really just to troll us? In that case, that’s just shitty writing

In the end, I’m just disappointed we won’t see more of her for a while most likely, she was one of my favorite parts of Wano and knowing we could be saying bye to her for like 100 chapters is sad as balls

I would like to write a couple paragraphed response on how Oda's decision isn't bad writing, but I know it's not going to stop the copium so why should I even bother.

Cope. Dog didn't join the crew.
You cannot begin to fathom the amount of copium I be spreading till the end of the series for this. I will be coping for this till the end of your life. When you’re on your deathbed, I shall be there, coping and reminding you of the mistake this was. And I’ll blame you for the decision as well. Because as we all know, Sanji fans are the root of all evil in this world

You cannot begin to fathom the amount of copium I be spreading till the end of the series for this. I will be coping for this till the end of your life. When you’re on your deathbed, I shall be there, coping and reminding you of the mistake this was. And I’ll blame you for the decision as well.
How do you block someone of vsbw ☠️ (jk love you Mitch)
Because as we all know, Sanji fans are the root of all evil in this world
Yall were borderline bullying me for probably up to a year at this point for saying that Yamato wouldn't join the crew. At least let me enjoy this moment.

I still remember when Cin was basically crapping on Zoro and Sanji fans for thinking they would even do anything against the Yonko's or have scaling that would put them anywhere close to there, heck he even scoffed at the idea that Zoro would even fight Kaido. Funny times lol.

I still remember when Cin was basically crapping on Zoro and Sanji fans for thinking they would even do anything against the Yonko's or have scaling that would put them anywhere close to there, heck he even scoffed at the idea that Zoro would even fight Kaido. Funny times lol.
LMAO hilarious

Yall were borderline bullying me for probably up to a year at this point for saying that Yamato wouldn't join the crew. At least let me enjoy this moment.
We were trolling you for constantly hating on Yamato and wanking Sanji

It was very much warranted

While it was not intended seriously, funnily enough we have the ignore option but iirc it was disabled
Nah fam, your fate as Sanji fans are warranted to trolled like a twig, but i'm not part of that so you'll be fine with me

Did Cin really think Zoro would never fight Kaido or do anything to him? I can't remember that. But I do remember him crapping on Sanji. All the time. 💀

Did Cin really think Zoro would never fight Kaido or do anything to him? I can't remember that. But I do remember him crapping on Sanji. All the time. 💀
He did bro, I remember in one of the early Raid chapter discussion threads that he can't believe that people honestly believe that Zoro would ever fight Kaido or even hurt him.

He was basically like: "Yeah right, as if that's ever gonna happen. What a load of s- cue All Star"

He did bro, I remember in one of the early Raid chapter discussion threads that he can't believe that people honestly believe that Zoro would ever fight Kaido or even hurt him.

He was basically like: "Yeah right, as if that's ever gonna happen. What a load of s- cue All Star"
Lmao!

I really don't remember, but I'm not that surprised. I respected Cin and really agreed with a lot of his takes, but there were some that had me going like "wtf"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back