• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1057: "The End" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally the ending somewhat remind me of Last Jedi, with the difference its that most of the arc was still great, while the Last Jedi for most of the time was either meh or bad.
I thought TLJ was... okay, but RoS was a disaster (minus Sidious).

I swear Greenbull could stomp half the Straw Hats at once, and people will still say he doesn't scale because they cut a branch off his tree form or some shit.
He can't do anything against Franky Sanji Zoro or Luffy because they all have fire attacks ( and Zoro can slice him in half like he did to Monet but with haki ) lol

Game of thrones is all around dog shit
Well, given how alround vile, dystopian, and sociopathic it is, it hasn't exactly done any favours to human consciousness as a whole. However, there are plenty of considerably worse shows around in the last regard, and at least GoT was mostly well crafted.

I don't think that the worlds seem compatible. GoT is a crapsack world ruled by horrible people with virtually no hope in sight, whereas the One Piece world is also a very corrupt world run by horrible people, but it has a far more epic scale, enjoyable tone, and is ultimately about hope and freedom, not nihilism and despair.

He can't do anything against Franky Sanji Zoro or Luffy because they all have fire attacks ( and Zoro can slice him in half like he did to Monet but with haki ) lol
Jimbei's fishmen karate could be useful too depending how he could potentially use it. IMO Zoro pulled some type intimidation trick on Monet & it worked only because there was quite a large gap in strength between the 2 of them. You think Franky's Fresh Fire/Fireball & Radical Beam are on the simular heat level to Momo's Blast Breath? Raizo had fire too & GB managed to resist it.

Why does everyone think the chapter is bad?
Not the chapter itself for me, but everything the conclusion left untouched.

No Zoro/Ryuma/Ushimaru elaboration
Sandai Kitetsu??
Yamato sudden change of heart after 7 seperate claims of wanting to leave with Luffy
Said change of heart off screened entirely
Too many timeskips with no info on Kaido/Big Mom so ya kinda gotta accept they kicked the bucket
The Reaper thingy evaporated into irrelevance
Where big mom pirates
Pluton teased. For the third time, but not shown or given further info on.
Robin's pongelyph lore off screened

I'm sure there's more but that's all I could remember that was just-- brushed off.

What made the chapter bad?
Yamato's reason for staying wasn't very good... Your idea of her staying because she wants to protect Wano was far better than Yamato just randomly changing her mind for no reason at all. Momonosuke begging Luffy to stay after his speech to Greenbull about how he wouldn't hold people back anymore. And then there's Hiyori perpetuating the Cycle of Hatred. All these 3 negatives alongside the chapter not having much else make it a chapter that is a real weak note to end Wano on. Luffy making Wano his terittory was cool, but in general, the ending was very anti-climactic

Momonosuke begging Luffy to stay after his speech to Greenbull about how he wouldn't hold people back anymore.
See, that was a highlight for me- and a good one. It reminded me that Momo's still a child at heart and I honestly felt bad for him having to keep the brave face just because he's now in the body of an adult.
That was the best part of it to me, as well as the flag, Luffy saying he thinks of Momo as a "younger brother"-

The Yamato bit was what bugged me the most

Yamato's reason for staying wasn't very good...
Not necessarily. Yamato has always stated that she wants to become Oden and copy the things he did and live the way he did. Prior to travelling, Oden went of a journey throughout Wano, so Yamato will do the same. This is no different than Yamato saying, "Kozuki Oden was a man, wasn't he?! So I chose to be a man too!!"
Your idea of her staying because she wants to protect Wano was far better than Yamato just randomly changing her mind for no reason at all.
"My idea" isn't really something I made up. Luffy quite literally says that he left everything to her in reference to him talking about if a bad guy were to attack.
Momonosuke begging Luffy to stay after his speech to Greenbull about how he wouldn't hold people back anymore.
At the end of the day, Momonosuke is an 8 year old child who is going to be separated from someone he considers an older brother. Of course he will cry and feel lonely. He will miss Luffy, but I don't see how that made the chapter bad.

I'm sure there's more but that's all I could remember that was just-- brushed off.
What was the status of King, Queen & Udon Prison before GB came? Are they dead now?
The Cipher Pol 0 Agent that leaked info to Morgans got attacked by 1 of Big Mom's ships.
No Kiku at Izo's grave.
We don't know what Apoo & Drake will do from now on?
Is Hawkins really dead?
Where's the rest of the Flying Six & Jack?

Last edited:
honestly i think hawkins is still alive, and if he did die, that death wasn't really drawing to the eye.

What made you think the chapter was bad?
Haaaaaa

2 parts, the fact that it was a shit chapter and that it was a shit ending to an arc

Shit Chapter​

Yamato had a week to think about her choices and she only thought of it 2 minutes before they left to sea, and this chapter gives no depth to it other than "well I talked to Luffy about it", WHEN???
The choice of going around to explore Wano. What is she gonna go explore? The weapon factories?

Momonosuke not using his brain, so the first half of the chapter is Momonsouke bashing Luffy, and the second half is "I'm weak please don't leave". All of Momonosuke's character development, progression, and growth, out the window. And I don't wanna hear "he's 8", because after his week of leadership he decides now that he sucks huh. He grew so much just to falter. Even after Greenbull. Even Kin'emon facepalmed at his bullshit.

Yamato ruining a touching moment.
"I'll surpass Oden"
"You'll surpass me???"
My gosh

The Wano citizens throwing out over a hundred chapters of Wano writing just to say that stupid ass line of justifying genocide because of their last name.

Shit Ending​

What the **** was that grim reaper trying to kill Zoro
The lack of completed character arcs in this arc was crazy.
Scabbards were ******* embarrassing and they failed to have any depth. Not 1 was completed.
They didn't even SPEAK of the sacrificed scabbards and fighters. All they said was "Hiyori was brave, 2 yonko were killed, denjiro cut off a snake's head". No speaking of Izo and Ashura Doji?
No funeral for the killed fighters?
Where the **** is the linlin pirates at.

So many things that this final chapter failed to conclude.

And you act like it was the best chapter in Wano

"I'll surpass Oden"
"You'll surpass me???"
My gosh
Well thats just Yamato. It's common knowledge that she's garbage that Oda should have never created. You can't use her so bash the chapter, because if you are doing that, then you can do the same every other chapter Yamato is in the say Wano was an overall shit arc.

Well thats just Yamato. It's common knowledge that she's garbage that Oda should have never created. You can't use her so bash the chapter, because if you are doing that, then you can do the same every other chapter Yamato is in the say Wano was an overall shit arc.
No, because throughout the entire arc Yamato was consistent.

Yamato never had an issue even close to this. Yamato's entire character arc was from bondage to freedom, and now that freedom is tied into bullshit that nobody, including her, asked for.

Without 1057 Yamato would've been one of Oda's best characters. Keyword, without 1057

Haaaaaa

2 parts, the fact that it was a shit chapter and that it was a shit ending to an arc

Shit Chapter​

Yamato had a week to think about her choices and she only thought of it 2 minutes before they left to sea, and this chapter gives no depth to it other than "well I talked to Luffy about it", WHEN???
The choice of going around to explore Wano. What is she gonna go explore? The weapon factories?

Momonosuke not using his brain, so the first half of the chapter is Momonsouke bashing Luffy, and the second half is "I'm weak please don't leave". All of Momonosuke's character development, progression, and growth, out the window. And I don't wanna hear "he's 8", because after his week of leadership he decides now that he sucks huh. He grew so much just to falter. Even after Greenbull. Even Kin'emon facepalmed at his bullshit.

"I'll surpass Oden"
"You'll surpass me???"
My gosh

The Wano citizens throwing out over a hundred chapters of Wano writing just to say that stupid ass line of justifying genocide because of their last name.

Shit Ending​

Scabbards were ******* embarrassing and they failed to have any depth. Not 1 was completed.
They didn't even SPEAK of the sacrificed scabbards and fighters. All they said was "Hiyori was brave, 2 yonko were killed, denjiro cut off a snake's head". No speaking of Izo and Ashura Doji?

Jesus, someone better get Kachon to a burn center.

Jimbei's fishmen karate could be useful too depending how he could potentially use it. IMO Zoro pulled some type intimidation trick on Monet & it worked only because there was quite a large gap in strength between the 2 of them. You think Franky's Fresh Fire/Fireball & Radical Beam are on the simular heat level to Momo's Blast Breath? Raizo had fire too & GB managed to resist it.
One:
Yeah I agree looking back on it at least Jinbe can knock back an emperor and show literally no fear against them. Can not say that at all for a certain contradictory navy admiral.
Two: Zoro still cut her in half. If he cuts Aramaki in half with haki I doubt he'll get back up. Like Kuzan avoiding a stab to the stomach from Whitebeard.
Three: radical beam is a legitimate laser lol, we've seen how effective a beam attack can be against Aramaki. Also hasn't he busted through metal with radical beam or am I misremembering?
Four: I realized that Nami might be able to defeat Aramaki considering she has Zeus ( who can grow to huge sizes, not that huge for the One Piece world and it's inhabitants ( Elbaf ) but still huge honestly ).
Five: Not related to One Piece or any hypothetical battles between admirals and the straw hats but can someone do a quick breakdown of how to use these:
;
|
~
`

{ }
[ ]
✓√

And these £ € ¥ ®

Haaaaaa

Shit Chapter​

"I'll surpass Oden"
"You'll surpass me???"
My gosh

Shit Ending​

People still praise him as Goda and make terrible excuses like " well the Kurozumi did treat Hiyori and her country like shit! " wow I wonder why, not like the people of wano were doing a manhunt for them because one of their family members didn't like the Shogun. If you think the Kozuki and wano don't deserve that I have a song for you to break down the cycle of events:

For anyone who does know that Wano deserved to get shat on by Orochi, great job, thanks for not falling into Oda's trap and wanking his garbage samurai ocs and their friends.
Another terrible excuse they make is that people cope and say Yamato shouldn't have joined anyway because she's a terrible character. What, for wanting to be Oden? Most of the Straw Hats are inspired a lot by some people and their journeys, even if they're not as infatuated as Yamato.
Luffy: Inspired by Shanks and his crew, and also Rayleigh a bit. Wants to be the Pirate King just like Roger.
Zoro: Inspired to be like, and eventually beat, Kuina ( well, in the after life, now. ) and Mihawk.
Sanji: Inspired heavily by Zeff, got his chef skills and fighting skills from him.
Jinbe: I actually don't know, I forgot how his childhood was, but I know he was heavily inspired by Fisher Tiger.
Chopper: Wants to be like the two doctors who served as mother and father figures to him, and surpass them, as well as all other scientists/doctors, eventually.
List goes on.
So don't give me that " she should drop that Oden act " shit. It's only rarely annoying and honestly the straw hats could be really taught her that it's nice to have some inspiration and an idol, but to stop be your self at least. Oda axing her was probably 99% because of another problem, not because her chraracter wasn't fleshed out enough. And staying in Wano is exactly what Kaidou wanted.

In conclusion, Oda is still human, he can be BAD at writing sometimes, and that's something you have to accept. I think Kentaro Miura was a wonderful writer, for example, but there was still some problems with Berserk despite it mostly being arguably peak manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back