• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1057: "The End" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man WorstGen is full of some of the most bitter, pathetic, and spiteful individuals I’ve ever seen. All they do is complain and call Wano shit. They call every character trash. They say Oda is god awful. And then they say One Piece was a mistake.

WTF is wrong with these people, how are they One Piece fans?
That is not the way for true fans to behave unless a franchise has been extremely changed from what they enjoyed originally by entirely different creators.

I have a conflicted view in loving pre-Dan Didio DC Comics and pre-Sana Amanat Marvel Comics, but largely disliking what they have turned into afterwards. Ditto for "Star Trek: The Next Generation" contrasted with the recent "Picard" series, or classic Star Wars contrasted with the new trilogy, just to name a few examples.

I am not remotely obsessing about it anymore though. I am just a bit sad that I do not get any new stories of the kind that I enjoy in those cases, given that I have already watched most of the good older ones. That is all.

Last edited:
Wano was an extremely big arc, so it's understandable that not everything got justice to it. I mean Wano is the end of a 10 year long focus to one day defeat Kaidou, so it's understandable that Oda wouldn't be able to give everything the justice it needed. Oda is only Human and he inevitably realized Wano was too long and he clearly wanted to end it. Now the fact that the narration implies we're taking a little break from Wano for now makes me believe we will come back and hopefully address some lingering plotlines from Wano such as Zoro's heritage. It does feel very weird how quickly we're leaving Wano, how randomly Shanks appeared, how fast Greenbull was clapped, and how Yamato suddenly changed her mind about going with Luffy.

Supposedly Oda is like 4-5 Chapters ahead of us when it comes to planning chapters and drawing them out, so it's very likely that Chapter 1057, the last chapter of Wano was when he took his 4 week break to reorganize the story and try to make it tighter. Chapters 1052-1057 were probably when Oda was exhausted and just desperately trying to finish Wano before his break so he could figure out the structure of the rest of the story. Now that he's finally finished Wano, we're in brand new territory for the first time in a while. Everything's been about building to Wano for the past 10 years, so now that it's over and Oda has set up everything he needed in Wano, he can focus on a bunch more before we inevitably return to Wano to open the borders.
Yes, it should be fun to get some new adventures to explore here.

She's never gonna appear in the story outside of the Cover Stories 😈😈
You post that comment and you wonder why people bully you
tMqX0vr.jpg

Carrot. She's joining the crew the same way Neko and Inu joined Roger's crew. They snuck on the ship via a barrel. I've seen theories of people saying she's in this barrel Zoro was carrying:

Screen_Shot_2022-08-17_at_7.50.10_PM.png
Now that's copium, but considering Oda's writing recently, I wouldn't be surprised anymore

Yamato will not go with Luffy and the rest, first he will travel through Wanokuni and later he will go out to sea.

Oda really said you arent interesting, go get some character development first. Rest in piss you wont be missed.

Don't want to be rude but thats because your emotion that caused you to let down on this chapter
Nah, it’s just plain bad writing…

Yamato off screen changing her mind about joining Luffy at the LAST chapter of Wano is such a “**** you” from Oda, that it isn’t even funny… Don’t ******* imply she’s gonna leave with them several times in the past few chapters and then randomly have her change her entire desire to go out to sea. That’s just flat out terrible writing. The idea that it’s to troll the audience and subvert our expectations is shit…

Also there’s Hiyori and all the kids in Wano saying “Kurozumi’s were born to burn”, which perpetuates the problems that caused Orochi to become evil in the first place… So WTF Oda…

This chapter gave me nothing, it had no good aspects to it and didn’t give a good sendoff to Wano… Which is such a ******* shame, how do you miss so hard in the last ******* chapter of an arc?

So yeah, like I said, 0/10

I understand the Kurozumi and burning is a joke/pun thing like how Oden was born to boil since Kurozumi means black coal but yeah I also really don’t like this line for the same reason you do. Especially not when you realize that it’s implied that Tama is also a Kurozumi. So like uhhh does that mean Tama deserves to burn? Hell no!

Also same here didn’t like how Yamato’s decision to not leave Wano was off screened. Like we could’ve had a few pages of it before hand.

Yamato off screen changing her mind about joining Luffy at the LAST chapter of Wano is such a “**** you” from Oda, that it isn’t even funny… Don’t ******* imply she’s gonna leave with them several times in the past few chapters and then randomly have her change her entire desire to go out to sea. That’s just flat out terrible writing. The idea that it’s to troll the audience and subvert our expectations is shit…
The impulse to pull the rug out from underneath the reader and disprove their theories and expectations can be really frustrating. It is not a problem if some eagle-eyed readers can accurately predict what's coming next based on clues left in the story thus far

Nah, it’s just plain bad writing…

Also there’s Hiyori and all the kids in Wano saying “Kurozumi’s were born to burn”, which perpetuates the problems that caused Orochi to become evil in the first place… So WTF Oda…

This chapter gave me nothing, it had no good aspects to it and didn’t give a good sendoff to Wano… Which is such a ******* shame, how do you miss so hard in the last ******* chapter of an arc?

So yeah, like I said, 0/10
So what? Now you want to threaten Oda for this?

Yes, Oda is great. I trust that he almost always knows what he is doing.

Then again, my wording above is dangerous (threathen) so thats on my bad, giving it 0/10 is plain childish
As i said again, the emotion of Mitch caused the let down so bad on this, it comes to his own fault because of the high optimism and the high expectation/theory regarding Yamato, yeah even then it also Oda fault for teased it for a year and it went nothing, but it's nothing extreme, disappointment? Sure, but to the point of being breakdown isn't nice (considering what i seen with those hopium posts and Mitch being depressed, i might be wrong tho)

Heck, i also one of those Yamato fans that have a high hope, sure this chapter really a slap of face, and sure this chapter aren't good, but do i become emotional for it? No, because in the end, it just a fiction (yeah, i know One Piece is such of f***ing deal and we're invested to it so much) and sooner or later we'll move on from the bad decision of it

Okay, my wording might cause peoples to be confused but i tried my best lel, sorry Mitch, love you but seeing you in this state make me doesn't feels right

Then again, my wording above is dangerous (threathen) so thats on my bad, giving it 0/10 is plain childish
As i said again, the emotion of Mitch caused the let down so bad on this, it comes to his own fault because of the high optimism and the high expectation/theory regarding Yamato, yeah even then it also Oda fault for teased it for a year and it went nothing, but it's nothing extreme, disappointment? Sure, but to the point of being breakdown isn't nice (considering what i seen with those hopium posts and Mitch being depressed, i might be wrong tho)

Heck, i also one of those Yamato fans that have a high hope, sure this chapter really a slap of face, and sure this chapter aren't good, but do i become emotional for it? No, because in the end, it just a fiction (yeah, i know One Piece is such of f***ing deal and we're invested to it so much) and sooner or later we'll move on from the bad decision of it

Okay, my wording might cause peoples to be confused but i tried my best lel, sorry Mitch, love you but seeing you in this state make me doesn't feels right
I care a lot about fiction, so when I see an author I love make such a bad writing move, it annoys me to no end

Also WSJ was on break, so I had to deal with this emotions for like 2 weeks straight waiting for this chapter

Ngl my biggest peeve during this arc was Orochi. He genuinely could have been an interesting multifacted character if spun correctly. The type of villain who fell into how they were due to societal standards. It would have been a beautiful message on how to treat others.

Instead we got a clown, who will have 0 memorability. Genuinely one of my most hated One Piece villains because he’s so one note and uninteresting, yet he got SO much panel time its insane. Oda really missed the mark there and we ended up having a character that felt like theyd be more at home in a Disney Movie.

Also my posts were made right after I saw the raws, I was very emotional in the moment because of how the chapter was framed. Yamato flat out isn’t joining. She isn’t getting the setup that Jinbei did and I doubt we have time for her to join anyways. So in general, I’m just upset with Oda wasting her character and my time with her constantly saying she’ll leave only to last minute change her mind for no reason. Obviously it’s his story and he can do whatever he wants with it. But that doesn’t mean I’m not gonna get upset the same way I get excited when Oda writes a banger. Obviously this doesn’t mean I think OP sucks or Oda is shit. It just means Oda write a bad plotline and bad chapter. Every Mangaka does that. Eventually I’ll get over it and move on. I just need to cope with the fact that Yamato is never joining.

Wano arc for me was 7.5 to 8 out of 10
its a Great arc but dam it has so many bad things in it Kinemon, Orochi , Kaido (didnt get full flash back or much of it ) and dont get me start on Big Meme and much more.
But of course it has many good parts too (more than bad ones) but it still effects it badly
its finally over after almost 4 years and now there wont be 9 samurai (Thank god!) and sadly no law but the awesome part is we will be focusing on the Straw Hats from now on last time SH were alone was in Punk Hazzard holy *** it took so dam long.
Hope we will see a serous One Piece from now on coz it was lacking specially in Wano (actually from WCL to Wano the tension got weaker and weaker).
Cant wait for the next arc the first Arc of the final Saga.

No offense but thats unhealthy for you if you really care a lot about fiction
Yeah mine as well but at least matured enough to know how not to be addicted with it
I mean that’s not incorrect, but sometimes I can’t help how I feel about fiction. A lot of the time with fiction, I’m ok with what happens and move on, but this is the first time Oda has let me down with a chapter… And it’s the last chapter of Wano… And it’s the chapter I’m gonna get right before my Birthday… Oda gave me this chapter for my Birthday… Shit’s kinda annoying

Ehh let’s just hope the next arc would be better. Luffy visiting Ace and Whitebeard’s grave on Sphinx Island is definitely on my checklist of stuff that I want to see. Also Whitebeard Jr. vs Luffy and perhaps a form of redemption as Whitebeard Jr. honestly doesn’t seem that bad of a person and is more so just getting used by his mother. And speaking of which more flashback on Rocks as well please.

Though I do feel bad for Kid since the direction he’s going in is to Blackbeard’s island Beehive so yeah he might get destroyed after getting there. Still can’t believe Kid pretty much picked a fight with all the old Yonkos. Also I wonder if we’ll see any more lore stuff with Law on Elbaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back