• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1044: "Warrior of Liberation" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what do you all think that Denjiro is up to? For somebody who is supposed to be on roughly the same level as King and Queen, he has not really seemed to have done much since the Kaido fight.

He is supposed to be considerably stronger than the other scabbards (presumably without Sulong involved) and did very well in a fight against Zoro, so I have the impression that we haven't really seen him live up to his potential yet, especially not from a narrative viewpoint.

Maybe he will lead the remaining non-exhausted troops to repell the World Government marines together with Zunesha?

Praying to whatever higher power there is that at least one Panel is Luffy socking Kaido so hard he bounces off a panel border
So Kaido will become the Yamcha of One Piece. The narrator in manga said Yamcha was unbeatable but after Goku broke the panel Yamcha's career become being a jobber. Damn Dragon Ball Toon Force is so powerful it's effects lasted for decades.
So what do you all think that Denjiro is up to? For somebody who is supposed to be on roughly the same level as King and Queen, he has not really seemed to have done much since the Kaido fight.
Hmm, didn't Raizo mention evacuation plans or something like that a few chapters? Either Denjiro is involved on that or he's staying in the shadows keeping an eye on Hiyori.

You mean the dudes who get KO’d?

Heck, when they saw him in Dressrosa they were like “we thought Monkey D. Luffy was a 25 foot monster” yada yada yada
Yes then they wake up and know Luffys ability
Pretty sure that is just a gag. Anyways all that would be is marines being fooled by WG propaganda. Meanwhile the highest powers in the world government would obviously have access to the truth of what was actually reported

Yes then they wake up and know Luffys ability
Pretty sure that is just a gag. Anyways all that would be is marines being fooled by WG propaganda. Meanwhile the highest powers in the world government would obviously have access to the truth of what was actually reported
"They wake up and know Luffy's ability"

They know he stretches. That's it.

Whenever Luffy does something big, what does the world hear?
"Luffy beat so and so"
"Luffy lost to so and so"

Nobody important knows his powers. Now that they do, they want him dead.

It's not the matter of Oda writing himself into a hole, it's the lack of understanding the story. Not everyone knows what Luffy does

"They wake up and know Luffy's ability"

They know he stretches. That's it.
For this to work, there must be other powers that allow you to stretch and give you rubbery powers, otherwise it is a plot hole.
Because Lucci knew Luffy was rubber, Doflamingo did, Smoker, pretty much who faced Luffy knew he was rubber. Saying none of the Marines reported his rubber properties is nonsense,

So the WG knew Luffy could stretch, and was rubber. Assuming there's another rubber fruit that can accomplish the same, there's also the connection that he is a D. and has CoC.
It is painfully obvious that Luffy had either Gomu, or Hito: Nika, it was a 50/50, and the government just went "Naaaaah, it's probably the regular Gomu, no way right?"?
That's stupid.

The chapter was a ratio🤷‍♂️
a659b62c1f1e509b9d6860ea84446bf0.jpg

It is painfully obvious that Luffy had either Gomu, or Hito: Nika, it was a 50/50, and the government just went "Naaaaah, it's probably the regular Gomu, no way right?"?
That's stupid.
Not AS stupid when you realize the fact that it has a consciousness and LITERALLY AVOIDS BEING CAUGHT? What are the chances some Kid from east blue would get his hands on a fruit that was untouchable for 800 years

For this to work, there must be other powers that allow you to stretch and give you rubbery powers, otherwise it is a plot hole.
Because Lucci knew Luffy was rubber, Doflamingo did, Smoker, pretty much who faced Luffy knew he was rubber. Saying none of the Marines reported his rubber properties is nonsense,

So the WG knew Luffy could stretch, and was rubber. Assuming there's another rubber fruit that can accomplish the same, there's also the connection that he is a D. and has CoC.
That's stupid.
I don't think the story has ever canonically mentioned a DF to the WG... ever.

They have never said "hey let's talk about this person who has this specific power".

Law is never stated to be special in the eyes of the WG cause of his power, its cause of his accomplishments. Big Mom isn't the person who rips souls out of people in her empire, she's the person who made an empire. WB isn't the person who can make earthquakes, he's the "strongest man in the world".

They didn't give AF about the fruit until someone said "hey, look at the fruit!". The WG worries about their accomplishments.

When Luffy went and washed Arlong, I don't see anything about his DF.
0094-016.png
0094-017.png

When Luffy got his 1.5b bounty, I don't see anything about his DF
0903-007.png
0903-008.png

They worry about accomplishments, not the Devil Fruit.

They have never said "hey let's talk about this person who has this specific power.

Law is never stated to be special in the eyes of the WG cause of his power, its cause of his accomplishments. Big Mom isn't the person who rips souls out of people in her empire, she's the person who made an empire. WB isn't the person who can make earthquakes, he's the "strongest man in the world".

They didn't give AF about the fruit until someone said "hey, look at the fruit!". The WG worries about their accomplishments.

0094-016.png
0094-017.png

0903-007.png
0903-008.png

Yall wake up to find nonexistent plot holes in the series and it's ridiculous
you are a really based and respectful man, good job

Ppl I doubt that luffy and joyboy were the only ones to eat the fruit in 800 years. They are probably the only ones that managed to awaken it. With the number of irrelevant gomu gomu no mi users that came and went throughout time the world government probably lowered their guard.
They didn’t expect anyone to awaken it and got scared when they noticed that Luffy was near that stage.

It is said that it have it own will thus avoid being caught by the government, if Luffy could eat it, it's because the fruit literally wanted to be eaten by Luffy
I know, but as far as anyone knows, those chances are nonexistent. It won't just get caught outta' nowhere when it hasn't been touched in 800 years. That might be why it wasn't a big deal UNTIL they were absolutely sure that, that was it.

Yall wake up to find nonexistent plot holes in the series and it's ridiculous
based
03d.jpg

Ppl I doubt that luffy and joyboy were the only ones to eat the fruit in 800 years. They are probably the only ones that managed to awaken it. With the number of irrelevant gomu gomu no mi users that came and went throughout time the world government probably lowered their guard.
They didn’t expect anyone to awaken it and got scared when they noticed that Luffy was near that stage.
thats valid I guess, the power of the Gomu Gomu no Mi (hito hito) literally depends of the user creativity, which is the reason that some people consider the Gomu Gomu as a weak fruit

you are a really based and respectful man, good job
Isso é viés, e você sabe disso-

They have never said "hey let's talk about this person who has this specific power".

0094-016.png
0094-017.png

0903-007.png
0903-008.png

The second part was the news bird guy, he doesn't own the government shit.
The first part is literally Luffy's first accomplishment.

Yes, they care about accomplishments more than DF. They still are showing interest in Luffy's DF now, rather than before.
That's it, that's a fact. They HAD the information that Luffy was a D. with CoC with powers of both rubber and stretchiness.
Lucci, Smoker and others that have shown to know of Luffy's rubber body knew it. The WG 100% had these informations, but just now they make the connection? No, that's bullshit, it's clear the decision to give Luffy that fruit was during Wano.

Again, it is a plot hole, it is contrived, you just have to accept it for the sake of entertainment.

What are the chances some Kid from east blue would get his hands on a fruit that was untouchable for 800 years
Some kid, who is the son of Dragon, Grandson of Garp, brother of the son of Roger and the right hand of the Revolutionary Army

Some kid, who is the son of Dragon, Grandson of Garp, brother of the son of Roger and the right hand of the Revolutionary Army
And a D
Honestly, there's only plotholes if you actively make them up. As far as the story's concerned, Gorosei never directly saw Luffy fight or had someone close to them like CP0 (who get info and orders that even higher-ups like fleet admirals don't) do.

Not AS stupid when you realize the fact that it has a consciousness and LITERALLY AVOIDS BEING CAUGHT? What are the chances some Kid from east blue would get his hands on a fruit that was untouchable for 800 years
That's why I don't blame them for not knowing he had said fruit from day 1.

But let me rephrase this using the info the WG had after Marinford.
"What are the chances this kid, who is son of the most heinous criminal in the world and grandson of the Navy's hero, AND brother of the K.o.P's son, who is also a D., AND who also has Conquerors Haki, AND can stretch and is rubber, would get his hands on a fruit that's literally untouchable to WG (and not to anyone else)???"

Astronomically high, Snoopy.

But let me rephrase this using the info the WG had after Marinford.
"What are the chances this kid, who is son of the most heinous criminal in the world and grandson of the Navy's hero, AND brother of the K.o.P's son, who is also a D., AND who also has Conquerors Haki, AND can stretch and is rubber, would get his hands on a fruit that's literally untouchable to WG (and not to anyone else)???"

Astronomically high, Snoopy.
because he is the main character

Shanks: "So remember that boy I saved that have the power similar to the Sun God, Nika?"

Gorosei 1: (Realization) "... NO!"

Shanks: "... Aand remember how you thought he was just regular rubber?"

Gorosei 2: "Holy shit..."

Gorosei 3: "Wait, I don't understand-"

Gorosei 1: "Luffy has the Hito Hito no Mi!"

Gorosei 3: (Terrified) "OH...... O-K-A-Y-"

— Credits to DBZ:Abridged

Shanks: "So remember that boy I saved that have the power similar to the Sun God, Nika?"

Gorosei 1: (Realization) "... NO!"

Shanks: "... Aand remember how you thought he was just regular rubber?"

Gorosei 2: "Holy shit..."

Gorosei 3: "Wait, I don't understand-"

Gorosei 1: "Luffy has the Hito Hito no Mi!"

Gorosei 3: (Terrified) "OH...... O-K-A-Y-"

— Credits to DBZ:Abridged
I'd be heartbroken if Shanks actually did prioritize the balance of the world over Luffy's goal, though. That's actually not impossible.

Isso é viés, e você sabe disso-

The second part was the news bird guy, he doesn't own the government shit.
The first part is literally Luffy's first accomplishment.

Yes, they care about accomplishments more than DF. They still are showing interest in Luffy's DF now, rather than before.
That's it, that's a fact. They HAD the information that Luffy was a D. with CoC with powers of both rubber and stretchiness.
Lucci, Smoker and others that have shown to know of Luffy's rubber body knew it. The WG 100% had these informations, but just now they make the connection? No, that's bullshit, it's clear the decision to give Luffy that fruit was during Wano.

Again, it is a plot hole, it is contrived, you just have to accept it for the sake of entertainment.
All you’re doing is assuming someone would say “oh yeah he stretches”.
If the WG cared about the DF then Law would hit a billion right now.

They didn’t know. Simple. People can see it and not talk about it.

I'd be heartbroken if Shanks actually did prioritize the balance of the world over Luffy's goal, though. That's actually not impossible.
Personally i think instead he its purposely manipulating Luffy and everyone else to bring the Dawn of The World.

The may have tell the Gorosei about Luffy so that they would send someone to kill him only to fail and actually awaken his DF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back