• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1044: "Warrior of Liberation" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Luffy started using Gear 3rd he had the drawback of shrinking for as much time as he used it until he mastered it, and then when he started using Gear 4th he would become unable to use haki for 10 minutes?

I wonder what the drawback for using Gear 5th is going to be (if there's any)
I was hoping NONE anymore.
Luffy said he feels at his peak. Also Zoans generally don't have "drawbacks" even after awkening, as we've seen in impel down. It just makes them stronger and according to Crocodile, that's what sets them apart from the other two. Their ability to self-revive and have godly endurance/stamina unlike Paramecia awakenings we've seen.

I was kind of on the side of: G2, G3, G4 all have drawbacks because they're incomplete forms of the actual fruit
The Nika awakening is it at its fullest and therefore it can fucntion the same as base. It'd be great if we could be free of Luffy having "drawbacks" that can end the fights early in a verse where god tiers fight for TEN DAYS STRAIGHT

Could this be a tier 6 feat?
For any other verse it'd be considered a feat
For One Piece? Get ready for "too vague". Although for now I'll also say too vague kek- If the skies go normal after the awakening disappears then you can safely assume Luffy awakening warped the clouds on that level

Now I wonder how much stronger would G5 be..
It's clearly far stronger than Gear 4- and both translations call the increase either "exponentional" or "greater". Oda pls-

Now I wonder how much stronger would G5 be..
It's clearly far stronger than Gear 4- and both translations call the increase either "exponentional" or "greater". Oda pls-
i would imagine no particularly large feats in the next few chapters since you can really one up anything on onigashima at this point.

i would imagine no particularly large feats in the next few chapters since you can really one up anything on onigashima at this point.
I wouldn't imagine we'd get any big feats, but who knows. The cloud dispersal between Luffy and Kaido might be the highest feat we've had on Onigashima.
Shame Oda doesn't use numbers often, like Mitsutoshi

What he said?
Don't recall the SBS but I did copy paste it a while ago, so:

Q: Hey, Odacchi! I got a question! About Devil Fruits!! If Kaku and Kalifa said they wouldn’t know what their Devil Fruit were until they ate it, how come Shanks knew what Luffy’s Gomu Gomu no Mi was before he ate it?? Tell me! Tell me now!! Pleeeease tell me!!! P.N. Shirogitsunekko

O:
Well, I think I’ll eventually get to explaining more about Devil Fruits in the main story, but you see, there’s a book of Devil Fruits.
It has info about all kinds of fruit names and abilities, but few of the fruit can actually be identified by their shape. In the case of the Gomu Gomu no Mi, there was a picture and everything, but for Kaku and Kalifa, they were talking about how they wouldn’t know until they had finally eaten the fruit.

Users don't subconsciously know the name. You have to match the picture with the one in the book to know. It's how Blackbeard did.
If the picture isn't available, you activate the df and then search it on the book based on the abilities you display.

Don't recall the SBS but I did copy paste it a while ago, so:

Q: Hey, Odacchi! I got a question! About Devil Fruits!! If Kaku and Kalifa said they wouldn’t know what their Devil Fruit were until they ate it, how come Shanks knew what Luffy’s Gomu Gomu no Mi was before he ate it?? Tell me! Tell me now!! Pleeeease tell me!!! P.N. Shirogitsunekko

O:
Well, I think I’ll eventually get to explaining more about Devil Fruits in the main story, but you see, there’s a book of Devil Fruits.
It has info about all kinds of fruit names and abilities, but few of the fruit can actually be identified by their shape. In the case of the Gomu Gomu no Mi, there was a picture and everything, but for Kaku and Kalifa, they were talking about how they wouldn’t know until they had finally eaten the fruit.

Users don't subconsciously know the name. You have to match the picture with the one in the book to know. It's how Blackbeard did.
If the picture isn't available, you activate the df and then search it on the book based on the abilities you display.
So did Kalifa and Kaku just make up the names of their fruits? That would explain why Giraffes are cows in the OPverse

So does anybody think that our forum should send a letter to SBS at some point? I probably got a bit overexcited earlier for this particular chapter though.
Question: Aren't SBS usually written in Japanese?
Probably the same as Law and Kid, it drains him heavily
I'm suprised Law is still concious after his awakenig. He got a stamina boost from Dressrosa to Wano like Kakashi from the Pain Arc to the War Arc
2. Does Shiki have Haki?
4. How does Big Mom's soul amp powers work?
2.Why wouldn't he? He was part of the Rocks Pirates, fought Roger(was even called his equal in a databook), later fought Prime Garp(who was injured so badly he had to be carried away) & Sengoku simultaneously. What kind of haki doesn't he posses would be a better question here.
Also sth i noticed: Luffy started his pirate career 20 years after Roger death & then the 2 years timeskip happened. Shiki escaped Impel Down 2 years after Rogers death, Indigo said that Shiki's plans would be ready in 20 years. Wierd that we have no news about him in the present timeline.
4.She probably converts portions of lifeforce/soul into extra power for her to use.
Luffy said he feels at his peak. Also Zoans generally don't have "drawbacks" even after awkening, as we've seen in impel down.
Didn't the Impel Down Guards & pre-timeskip Chopper(if you count his mosnter point) suffer from animalistic intelligence?

logically if luffy turns into liquid rubber or manipulates that he has all 3 fruits . so in a way hes gonna match BB

Which is…😶
WHO KNOWS : D
Can't be Nika, since it's called the most "ridiculous" for its versatility, but in terms of "strongest" we still don't know what YET.

I've always been under the assumption that he'd take Kaido's, because the dragon scales would even out his whole deal with taking twice the pain and all.

WHO KNOWS : D
Can't be Nika, since it's called the most "ridiculous" in its versatility, but in terms of "strongest" we still don't know what YET.

I've always been under the assumption that he'd take Kaido's, because the dragon scales would even out his whole deal with taking twice the pain and all.
I can see BB taking kaidos, the snake that he is will swoop in last minute, and take all the “spoils” of the raid. I swear if BB pops up during the last few chapters of this arc😡

I can see BB taking kaidos, the snake that he is will swoop in last minute, and take all the “spoils” of the raid. I swear if BB pops up during the last few chapters of this arc😡
Maybe that's what he was talking about when he left the Beehive island. Knew about Luffy attacking Kaido (somehow) and figured if there's a chance kaido is losing, then might as well have his Zoan.
Blackbeard's issue isn't durability, it's pain tolerance- but if he gets dragon scales that double his resistance, he'd at least take more blows and not have to shake on the floor about it. I doubt Oda would introduce a new fruit outta' nowhere just to fit Blackbeard having a mythical we've yet to know about.

Friend of mine threw out the idea that BB can actually store WAY more than three fruits but can only use 3 at a time, and every ability can be stored within his Darkness, and he can switch abilities in and out. At the end of the story, it'd be Luffy vs Blackbeard
The Power limited only by imagination vs Every power imaginable

2.Why wouldn't he? He was part of the Rocks Pirates, fought Roger(was even called his equal in a databook), later fought Prime Garp(who was injured so badly he had to be carried away) & Sengoku simultaneously. What kind of haki doesn't he posses would be a better question here.
Just need confirmation. Sucks to headcanon it
Also sth i noticed: Luffy started his pirate career 20 years after Roger death & then the 2 years timeskip happened. Shiki escaped Impel Down 2 years after Rogers death, Indigo said that Shiki's plans would be ready in 20 years. Wierd that we have no news about him in the present timeline.
2 things
Either his plan ≠ him showing up and he shows up later
Or Strong World was canon
4.She probably converts portions of lifeforce/soul into extra power for her to use.
Make sense

Maybe that's what he was talking about when he left the Beehive island. Knew about Luffy attacking Kaido (somehow) and figured if there's a chance kaido is losing, then might as well have his Zoan.
Blackbeard's issue isn't durability, it's pain tolerance- but if he gets dragon scales that double his resistance, he'd at least take more blows and not have to shake on the floor about it. I doubt Oda would introduce a new fruit outta' nowhere just to fit Blackbeard having a mythical we've yet to know about.
Yeah, my man BB is chilling like a regular human durability wise rn. And throwing in a new fruit out of nowhere is, no offense, bad writing. (Since it doesn’t really hold significance)
Friend of mine threw out the idea that BB can actually store WAY more than three fruits but can only use 3 at a time, and every ability can be stored within his Darkness, and he can switch abilities in and out. At the end of the story, it'd be Luffy vs Blackbeard
The Power limited only by imagination vs Every power imaginable
Pretty cool pretty cool

A nice spin, rather than the usual "it has to be three". Even if that makes sense.

It's all dependant on how ridiculous Luffy's own fruit can get, so it doesn't feel TOO impossible.
I mean i personally don’t think oda would make Luffy leave everyone else in the dust(BB aside). So maybe not impossible but eh idk.

oh yeah i forgot to talk here

i finally read the chapter guys :D
Welcome to the land of the living
I mean i personally don’t think oda would make Luffy leave everyone else in the dust(BB aside). So maybe not impossible but eh idk.
In all fairness.. Chinjao did say that if he wants to be King, he's gotta be stronger than EVERYONE. I think by the time he and BB have their fight, they'll be seperate from everyone else in terms of strength. Likely the same way Ace vs BB went, where everyone else just sits and waits for which side comes out on top

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back