• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1044: "Warrior of Liberation" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yooo, maybe the red hawk move was foreshadowing this trasformation?or this is just a relly big stretch and im just overthinking

Kinda hard to notice Luffy in the midst of the war where the strongest man in the world throwing hands against your admirals and whatnot, though. For the majority of that war Luffy was fodderized, and his only NOTABLE rubber attack was the Gear Third he used earlier on.
That's weak sauce. Luffy's actions during Marineford were definitely noticeable. He broke out of Impel Down and brought 2 former Warlords and 1 top executive of Dragon into Marineford. He also displayed extremely powerful conqueror's haki and landed a hit on Garp. It is difficult to buy that word had not spread to the Gorosei and if they had done 2 minutes worth of asking questions, they could have put 2 and 2 together

That's weak sauce. Luffy's actions during Marineford were definitely noticeable. He broke out of Impel Down and brought 2 former Warlords and 1 top executive of Dragon into Marineford. He also displayed extremely powerful conqueror's haki and landed a hit on Garp. It is difficult to buy that word had not spread to the Gorosei and if they had done 2 minutes worth of asking questions, they could have put 2 and 2 together
He landed a hit on garp without showing the stretching and whatnot.
Again- I doubt anyone in the marines would care about a RUBBER BOY who was getting stomped on by everyone else during the war, especially when the gorosei kept the info to themselves.

Again- I doubt anyone in the marines would care about a RUBBER BOY who was getting stomped on by everyone else during the war, especially when the gorosei kept the info to themselves.
People in the Marines certainly cared about Luffy. I am arguing that he should have been noticed by the Gorosei after Marineford and considering that Luffy's power isn't exactly a secret, they should have found out at least 2 years back

People in the Marines certainly cared about Luffy. I am arguing that he should have been noticed by the Gorosei after Marineford and considering that Luffy's power isn't exactly a secret, they should have found out at least 2 years back
Luffy's power as a "mere rubber man paramecia" isn't a secret, yes. Again, the Gorosei were far less worried about Luffy and more about WB during MF.
You're overthinking it way too much.

Luffy's power as a "mere rubber man paramecia" isn't a secret, yes. Again, the Gorosei were far less worried about Luffy and more about WB during MF.
You're overthinking it way too much.
They had 2 entire years to go through what happened and Luffy was indeed important to the event. If they had the slightest bit of curiosity or competence they should have made the connection before now

I just find it hard to believe that:

A. The Gorosei never "noticed" Luffy before now, despite the fact that he beat 3 Warlords, survived a buster call, broke out of Enies Lobby and Impel Down and publicly displayed Conqueror's Haki

And B. Upon learning about this individual, they didn't even bother to ask anyone what powers and abilities he possesses

Looks like a proper plot-hole to me, pending a decent explanation

A. The Gorosei never "noticed" Luffy before now, despite the fact that he beat 3 Warlords, survived a buster call, broke out of Enies Lobby and Impel Down and publicly displayed Conqueror's Haki

And B. Upon learning about this individual, they didn't even bother to ask anyone what powers and abilities he possesses

I sincerely doubt that an extremely patient master-plotter like Oda will not explain this at some point.

The best explanation i have in mind its that Shanks may have purposely hide this information by using his connections as Yonko with Morgans, only to reveal later to the Gorosei during the Levely.

They forgor
F8pQ6m4.jpeg

They’ve been dealing with BB’s uprising and Yonko alliances. Nobody is worried about a boy who saved a country.
BB hasn't really been doing much active threatening stuff, and the Yonko alliance is extremely recent, and Luffy's saved multiple countries. At least 2 that the World government would be aware of

Yeah but all I am saying is that they should have found out sooner
There was no way of them knowing
By the way, wouldnt the whole laugh thing be social influencing or empathic hax?
Empathic
BB hasn't really been doing much active threatening stuff, and the Yonko alliance is extremely recent, and Luffy's saved multiple countries. At least 2 that the World government would be aware of
He just washed the revolutionaries canonically like 3 weeks ago
Yep, indeed it is a big show out of nothing.
Lol

Yeah just 3 weeks ago, again a recent development

They would have surely known about Luffy and his remarkable achievements ... All they had to do was ask almost literally anyone in the Marines organisation what powers he had
Knowing his achievements doesn’t mean they know his powers

And seeing Luffy stretch isn’t an automatic “gomu gomu no Mi gg” thing. Not everyone knows his powers

ApWk1MLf16Q252UKemGqYv0gnaQUAjaq_je1AQquQcw.png
EyABzj7.jpg
angry-hades.gif

Finally red the chapter & smookin', Luffy's on fire! Somebody stop him...
Him beating up Dragon Form Kaido reminded me of Disney's Hercules doing that to Pain & Panick's Snake Forms. Also that gorgeous flaming hair reminded me of Hades, Aku & Crazy Big Mom. Come to think of it there're parallels with Oden & Myth Hercules.
Kinda sad we still have no info Denjiro. I'm afraid if Kaido falls here then we might not get this clash.
I wouldn't worry much Zoro right now: There's 3 main medics in this battle(+the mink doctors), his bodyguard is a Super Terminator & Zoro will cheat death 1 way or another(or his soul loses the way to the afterlife going from to his body instead). Afterall he IS the lord of the underworld, death won't stop him.

Btw

Don’t make any additions about Gear 5th until Wano is over

We can probably make revisions that can be planned to be added, but we won’t add anything until it’s done.

Like if you wanna say he has flight and everything else, go ahead, but don’t touch the profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back