• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1044: "Warrior of Liberation" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The chapter is saying "We've reached the finale" and Luffy saying "Let's finish this"

So I am 90% sure Kaido is getting defeated next chapter and it will be named "Luffy vs Kaido"
Didn't an editor of Oda say Kaido vs Luffy will reach its conclusion in 1045? I don't know where I saw that, but i could swear it was a statement-

Again...

Zoro still needs to duel Mihawk at some point.
That is technically true but Oda doesn't shy away from writing tragic characters who fail to achieve their dream if required. Norland, Oden and Ace for example, but of course, he only writes those character deaths if they are meaningful and pushes the story forward in some way. Zoro has prioritized Luffy's goals over his own at least once before

Here's my prediction on Zoro

Luffy beats Kaido with Gear 5th and there's lot of celebration and happiness on Onigashima, but Luffy's tired and out. That's when the Marines try to invade Wano and take it over and it's in that moment that Zoro wakes up and rallies the Samurai to fight them off while Luffy's out cold, the exact same way Ryuma did

This would fit the interview that Kaido isn't the final opponent in Wano, it will be the Marines and Zoro fights them off

I hate how now some fans think OP is trash now because of luffy/s fruit being a mythical zoan, it takes all of luffy's w

I hate how now some fans think OP is trash now because of luffy/s fruit being a mythical zoan, it takes all of luffy's w
If anything it ADDS to his W's imo. Its passive ability is rubber, meaning Luffy's wins and battles were all done via developing a mere PASSIVE ability off the fruit, rather than its true power. I'd call that a bigger win if anything.

We still gotta see what the fire's for, though- can't be just for show

it takes all of luffy's w
His fruit being special doesn't mean that he's now had sellouts throughout the series

We've seen people with strong powers be trash.

Luffy isn't winning cause he has a strong power, he's winning cause he uses his power in great ways.

The only thing crazy right now is his Awakening, but everything else is fair game.

People are just tryna invalidate Luffy not getting Naruto'd

I give the fight maybe three chapters at most before we get a box saying "Luffy is the winner."

Here's my prediction on Zoro

Luffy beats Kaido with Gear 5th and there's lot of celebration and happiness on Onigashima, but Luffy's tired and out. That's when the Marines try to invade Wano and take it over and it's in that moment that Zoro wakes up and rallies the Samurai to fight them off while Luffy's out cold, the exact same way Ryuma did

This would fit the interview that Kaido isn't the final opponent in Wano, it will be the Marines and Zoro fights them off
Nah Zoro will take all of Luffy’s pain and fatigue, and then nothing will happen.

I have a theory that it takes someone special to actually awaken the "Nika" fruit and Luffy is that special person, not because he is unnaturally strong but because of who he is, his approach to life, his dreams and aspirations, his will of D - which just co-incidentally matches that of JoyBoy

Last edited:
I think people are misunderstanding Luffy's Fruit and how it's still very much proof of hard work

The Nika Fruit gives freedom to the user and what it can do is based on said users imagination, as well as being limited by that imagination. Most people who receive this fruit would probably immediately think that being made of Rubber is a lame ability and that there's no useful way to use it, and therefore would never bring out even a fraction of the fruits potential. We see this constantly as people say being made of rubber is a useless power, yet Luffy says Rubber is very useful and has a lot of potential. This is probably why no one has awakened the Nika Fruit in 800 Years, no user outside of Luffy has been so creative and imaginative with the fruit since Joyboy of the past.

So no, I don't think Luffy having a Mythical Zoan negates the hard work he put in to get here, we all know he hasn't been carried by his Devil Fruit. I mean ever since the Timeskip, the emphasis has been moreso about his Haki and developing that, which also took lots of hardwork to develop, so him finally awakening his Devil Fruit and having it be special doesn't negate every trial and tribulation he's been through

I think people are misunderstanding Luffy's Fruit and how it's still very much proof of hard work

The Nika Fruit gives freedom to the user and what it can do is based on said users imagination, as well as being limited by that imagination. Most people who receive this fruit would probably immediately think that being made of Rubber is a lame ability and that there's no useful way to use it, and therefore would never bring out even a fraction of the fruits potential. We see this constantly as people say being made of rubber is a useless power, yet Luffy says Rubber is very useful and has a lot of potential. This is probably why no one has awakened the Nika Fruit in 800 Years, no user outside of Luffy has been so creative and imaginative with the fruit since Joyboy of the past.

So no, I don't think Luffy having a Mythical Zoan negates the hard work he put in to get here, we all know he hasn't been carried by his Devil Fruit. I mean ever since the Timeskip, the emphasis has been moreso about his Haki and developing that, which also took lots of hardwork to develop, so him finally awakening his Devil Fruit and having it be special doesn't negate every trial and tribulation he's been through

but i guess some people dont thnik like this and think they retcon it.

This implies there might be an actual rubber fruit out there, though- either a paramecia or "natural rubber" logia somewhere. Since it's not Luffy's anymore-

The proof is in the pudding, Luffy worked hard and blatantly said he's thinking of ways to use his Rubber powers effectively as a child, he simply see's the potential in the fruit unlike Ace, who thought it had none for battle whatsoever
ueMOpHG.jpg

qoIbEAe.jpg

The spoilers definetly overdid the chapter. Gear 5 didn’t feel as great as other gears did, like gear 4 was amazing, the entirety of wano being stretched definitely played a part in diminishing the value. Moving onto powers and stuff, toon force, that was non existent, there were just gag moments but that’s basically irrelevant. Hiyori part>Gear 5, by far.
L

It also was said that the mysthical zoan fruit actually haves it own will and chooses it owner or something, so, the fruit was aware of luffy potential

It also was said that the mysthical zoan fruit actually haves it own will and chooses it owner or something, so, the fruit was aware of luffy potential
Zoans were always the ONLY fruits with consciousness. That's why objects gain a consciousness when fused with them and have free will.
I think it evaded the "wrong people" for as long as it could, which could be why Shanks had it locked inside a box instead of just letting it sit on its own, maybe?

Also it being called "The most RIDICULOUS power" is hilarious- But it doesn't mean it's unstoppable.

Cleary Joy Boy was defeated even when he had it. Unless he LET himself get defeated because he knew of the future and whatnot-

BRUH
You get 3 pages of consistent toon foce bs. Also whenever theofficial come out they can change it, but they said awakening makes him "exponentially stronger",

I love this new form- it's so goofy yet so oddly FITTING for Luffy. The conqueror's change making KAIDO of all people sweat was such a treat. I can't get enough of this form/Fruit, and the panel with Luffy infront of the moon was just beautiful
It actually is the perfect fruit for Luffy, as Luffy always had the potential to make the others be happy and laugh, including the readers.

It actually is the perfect fruit for Luffy, as Luffy always had the potential to make the others be happy and laugh, including the readers.
A devil fruit that relies on imagination- and spreads smiles.. And is considered "ridiculous". Yeah, that sounds like Luffy alright.
Couldn't have been made better. A ridiculous fruit for a ridiculous guy for Luffy is just on-brand.

Something that doesn't make sense is why the Gorosei didn't have Luffy assassinated as soon as he became notorious. The period between Alabasta and Marineford was the perfect window to eliminate him

Something that doesn't make sense is why the Gorosei didn't have Luffy assassinated as soon as he became notorious. The period between Alabasta and Marineford was the perfect window to eliminate him
Oda might have thought of Gear 5 after that point.

A devil fruit that relies on imagination- and spreads smiles.. And is considered "ridiculous". Yeah, that sounds like Luffy alright.
Couldn't have been made better. A ridiculous fruit for a ridiculous guy for Luffy is just on-brand.
Strongly agreed.

Won't be surprised if Luffy's ability is so ridiculous that Kaido's laughing his butt off by the end of the fight because of how genuinely funny the whole situation is. That's the core of "Joy Boy" after all, bringing smiles and laughs.

Also my brain translated "gear 5" to japanese, and if you say "Gear Go" in the same way it's written in romanji- it sounds like saying "Gag". Luffy's awakening was just becoming a slapstick god

I don't think they ever knew WHAT his ability was-
Remember, the current info about the Nika fruit was secret EVEN TO THE WG themselves. It's likely that they'd have never told the higher ups of the world government anyway, so no one would've been paying mind. Maybe they only knew about it because CP0 is now there and directly telling them about it?

It's possible that nobody informed the Gorosei exactly what power Luffy had, but he played quite a visible role in Marineford and they should have figured it out then
They weren't present at MF either- and they definitely wouldn't have told anyone "look out for gomu gomu" because going around spreading news about a supposed godly fruit would make everyone squint about why it's so important. Imagine if Luffy actually learned about its true power because the gorosei shared info with the marines.

They weren't present at MF either- and they definitely wouldn't have told anyone "look out for gomu gomu" because going around spreading news about a supposed godly fruit would make everyone squint about why it's so important. Imagine if Luffy actually learned about its true power because the gorosei shared info with the marines.
Yeah they weren't present, but to say that they weren't even monitoring the most significant event to happen since Roger's execution would be more than a little far-fetched

Are you forgetting when they ordered Kuma to wipe out the Straw Hat Pirates?

Yeah they weren't present, but to say that they weren't even monitoring the most significant event to happen since Roger's execution would be more than a little far-fetched
Kinda hard to notice Luffy in the midst of the war where the strongest man in the world throwing hands against your admirals and whatnot, though. For the majority of that war Luffy was fodderized, and his only NOTABLE rubber attack was the Gear Third he used earlier on.

Are you forgetting when they ordered Kuma to wipe out the Straw Hat Pirates?
And Kuma INSISTED on taking Luffy's head at the very LEAST.

But they definitely lacked focus and effort.

Either way, it's possible they just assumed Luffy had the actual rubber fruit (if one does exist)

the gorosei never knew shit about Luffy

They saw his bounty and his face and hat and that was it

Until they found out from CP0 that Luffy had the gomu gomu no mi, they thought he was a regular supernova

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back