• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1010: "Haoshoku" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
9.jpg

Couple questions are in my mind with us now having advanced CoC haki in the latest chapter.
Did vista and marco actually hit akainu here?
Did garp negate marco's DF/Regeneration using haki?
Yes, via the Kanji that basically says "slam".

Akainu's Haki negated the negation properties of their Haki.

What does the tweet say? I have disabled my Twitter access.

As a Zoro fan, I can say I'm completely satisfied if Zoro doesn't do anything else in Wano.

He just got some of the best feats in the story.
I would still appreciate more character moments, and potential ties between his past and Wano. I don't think Zoro is done yet, narratively speaking.

Combat wise though, yeah I'm satisfied as hell as a Zoro fan.

Now that Zoro is weakened and injured, he can fight and defeat a Yonko Commander like King in a tough fight without people complaining that he wasn’t as strong as he should have been

It does really look like the story is setting up Luffy to beat Kaido in a 1v1 now, but I’m unsure

I would still appreciate more character moments, and potential ties between his past and Wano. I don't think Zoro is done yet, narratively speaking.

Combat wise though, yeah I'm satisfied as hell as a Zoro fan.
Yeah, I was speaking just combat-wise. Narratively speaking I think Zoro has some reveals left maybe at the info dump at the end of Wano or maybe Post Onigashima.
"The Raid will fail" gang, rise up!!!
👀

Yeah the twitter rant was something special.
Zoro got more than enough. He got the feats he needed for sure. Now all that's left to see what's up with that eye of his...

Jesus... this is why the term “Zorotards” exist. Zoro has been getting FANTASTIC feats in this battle, far higher than I honestly expected and he did something to a God tier that literally one other character has ever done, scar Kaido. But no Zoro should have cut Kaido in half apprarently.

I just hope we get some more character moments from Zoro and stuff about his past maybe, in terms of Combat we definitely got enough.

Any major differences? (Personally, I like the scans better, even if they are 100% word for word legit, they represent the characters more imo)

Where are you drawing this conclusion from exactly ? Doffy actually has a cards themed epithet according to how Kaido names his top commanders. He is "Joker" i.e. the wildcard. The narrative refutes the idea that Kaido thinks very little of him
Well, the issue is that Kaido was very drunk when he called Doflamingo "weak". Also, we don't even know how either of them met, or if they personally know each other beyond being just business partners.

Big Mom thought a Cracker Soldier could handle somebody that could beat Doflamingo.

Anyways, I know I took part in this, but we're very off track.
We have a General Discussion thread for reasons like this.
Not a Cracker Soldier. She sent Cracker himself. Also, I'm just curious how Big Mom would have any idea how strong Doflamingo is with what limited intel she could have. It's not like Doffy ran around displaying the height of his abilities for his entire time being a Shichibukai (over a decade)

Yeah, Doffy fears and thinks highly of Kaido, but Kaido clearly values Doffy greatly in his own way (and we know he only values the strong).
With that being said, I don't believe that Doffy can hold a candle to the OG 3 Admirals in my personal opinion.
Kaido would of course demolish Doflamingo in a 1v1 encounter, but I'd just like to point out that if it came to war, Doflamingo wouldn't even need to see Kaido before his whole army is obliterated. Keep in mind the Donquixote family consists of only 2,000 soldiers + the Executives/Top Executives + Doffy himself. They'd probably only need to send a single Lead Performer + a couple hundred gifters + thousands of waiters and that MIGHT be enough to end it.... sending 2 Lead Performers might just be a little over-kill.
  • Point is: Doffy doesn't even have to fear Kaido himself, just the potential army that could just walk into his country at any moment.

Idk about Doffy vs the OG 3 Admirals since obviously those Admirals have yet to be shown going all out, but Doffy did seem very confident in Aokiji's face despite seeing him in action in Marineford (and having his back to him no less). Needless to say Aokiji > Doffy imho, but I wish that fight happened, even off-panel. Would've been great to see them clash, go off-panel, then the next time we see Doflamingo, he's in Dressrosa covered in bandages and missing some skin tissue with NO context on what happened between Aokiji/Doffy/Smoker until several chapters later.
  • I don't think people got the point of the Aokiji and Doffy encounter. It's clearly meant to depict "Doflamingo is dangerous and is even confident in the face of Aokiji--who we saw humiliate Luffy the first time they met eachother... Don't assume Luffy and Law are going to easily beat this guy"

----

Since it's likely that Zoro is out of the fight against the Yonko (at least temporarily), I am hoping that he and Sanji both engage King at some point because I HAVE BEEN WANTING THEM TO FIGHT TOGETHER AGAIN SINCE DAVY-BACK.

Sanji should defeat King alone, if Oda still wants to give him any importance in terms of Power level.
I think Oda has gone too far with letting Sanji get beaten up. It would make little sense for him to suddenly be able to defeat King if he took such damage from one strike, and then later got wounded by a "mere Tobi Roppo" (Jack's disrespect).

If Sanji popped up and took on King 1v1 and won, that would've made his previous encounters nonsensical. At best, if Sanji gets a 1v1, I would expect him to step in and face Jack... even though now I don't think that will happen since Inuarashi is facing him.

Honestly, I'm just not interested in Zoro fighting King anymore. What would be the point, really? He already showed that he's more than powerful enough to hang with people on that Yonko commander level, via his feats against Kaido. If he fights King now he'll likely lose due to his injuries, so he'll probably need help against him. That, imo, wouldn't be an accurate representation of what Zoro's capable of because......well, we already saw that. So it'll just end up being kinda underwhelming more than likely. And it's not like there's any narrative connection between the two that would make this fight interesting beyond the combat related variables anyway.

Who knows? Maybe Marco will heal him and they'll end up tag teaming King. (Which is extremely unfair tbh)

Marco heals Zoro and Sanji, and the two of them fight King and beat him in like 2 chapters.
It could definitely happen, but would it even be satisfying at that point? I guess I'd rather have them fight with their injuries to create a little bit of tension, but in all fairness both options aren't ideal.
I'd personally rather have Sanji take King on 1v1, struggle immensely if need be, but force himself to develop (Be it through a Haki bloom, or some wacky strategy) enough to pull out a W in a satisfying way. I think that would be a lot more impactful, especially for Sanji. Zoro already got a chance to "show his stuff", so to speak. It might not be fair to have him overshadow Sanji in his own fight lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back