• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread: Welcome to New World

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
I feel this is a very appropiate title.

maxresdefault.jpg

Gotta admit, the people that worked on the site did a pretty great work. This feels like the old forum but greatly improved.

Anyway, we start with some concerning news:

Oda has fallen ill, so the manga will take a 2-week long break. There's no details so don't rush conclusions about his state.

I really hope that Oda is fine and well and I hope that he doesn't have a serious illness. I don't care how long the break will be, his health is more important than the chapters.

It's improbable. If so, the whole magazine would close its doors for an unknown period, to protect the health of all the workers.

Little update about Oda's state:

It's well known that he finishes chapters a few weeks before their publication, so chapter 992 is already finished, but in order to not put more pressure over the author, the magazine put the manga into a small hiatus to let Oda rest. This likely happened during the weeks Oda was actually working on the chapter, and we'd be noticing the delay just at the time the chapter should be published. In other words, Oda fell slightly ill 2-3 weeks ago. Shueisha has been saying that the next chapter will have a color spread, meaning that the author has finished the work already.

If you can read spanish (or are brave enough to try and translate the text), here's a thread where a knowledgeable person talks in depth about the case.

To gauge people's thoughts ahead of when the CRT will be permitted, what do people think about these ratings?

Big Mom + Kaido: At least High 7-A, likely 6-C

Old Whitebeard: At least High 7-A, likely 6-C normally, up to 6-B with Environmental Destruction

This is what I suggested to Antvasima the other day which would clear up a lot of scaling issues in my opinion.

I guess I kinda agree with those ratings if the 6-B calc is just considered Environmental Destruction

Doesn't mean I like it tho

I'm not to knowledgeable on how the scaling works but Damage's scaling would clear up some issues but I'd like to know why would Whitebeard's attack be considered Environmental Destruction?.

To gauge people's thoughts ahead of when the CRT will be permitted, what do people think about these ratings?

Big Mom + Kaido: At least High 7-A, likely 6-C

Old Whitebeard: At least High 7-A, likely 6-C normally, up to 6-B with Environmental Destruction

This is what I suggested to Antvasima the other day which would clear up a lot of scaling issues in my opinion.

I still on the opinion the 6-B feat should scale to Whitebeard's AP and not just be consider as ED.

But if the downgrade is inevitable at this point, then your suggestion is fine overall.

Although considering how Kaido easily oneshot Gear 4th Luffy, i think that the Yonkos can be fully 6-C, even Old Whitebeard.

Shanks and Post Time-Skip Blackbeard should get a possibly 6-C as well.

Last edited:
I'm not to knowledgeable on how the scaling works but Damage's scaling would clear up some issues but I'd like to know why would Whitebeard's attack be considered Environmental Destruction?.

Whitebeard has numerous other feats in the War arc of using his earthquake powers and not coming close to producing the kinds of effects he did with his very first instance of using his Devil Fruit. Even when going all-out with his attacks he failed to bring down Marineford (the fortress and the island).

Antvasima doesn't believe it to be right to completely exclude the feat as an outlier despite nothing else in the verse coming close to it, so the best course of action is to list it as ED and scale the Yonkou to their other significant feats.

Since the difference between island and Large mountain is relatively small wouldn't scaling Whitebeard, Big Mom & Kaido to High 7-A+ make more sense ?(if not outright upscaling to island level)

Last edited:
Maybe. Personally I tend to be a little more strict with things like that. I feel like "At least High 7-A" conveys the meaning of the justification a lot better than upscaling to High 7-A+.

Maybe. Personally I tend to be a little more strict with things like that. I feel like "At least High 7-A" conveys the meaning of the justification a lot better than upscaling to High 7-A+.
I disagree, moving them to High 7-A+ isn't wrong IMO and it gives more varied ratings

Yay New World. Looks clean.

Boo 6-B "Environment Destruction. Doesn't meet the standard far as I can see so it is his power or an outlier.

Honestly for the Yonko and those that scale id say just "6-C, possibly Higher" would be better imo.

Also what about Prime Whitebeard and Roger what will they scale to?

Okay, apparently we can now start CRTs again. However, we can only have one at a time.

So I suggest we first resolver some smaller issues before getting into the big troublesome discussions. I have a revision that would affect a few characters at most, from the first arcs.

Okay, apparently we can now start CRTs again. However, we can only have one at a time.

So I suggest we first resolver some smaller issues before getting into the big troublesome discussions. I have a revision that would affect a few characters at most, from the first arcs.
Wait, we can? Who said we can start making them now?

Yay New World. Looks clean.

Boo 6-B "Environment Destruction. Doesn't meet the standard far as I can see so it is his power or an outlier.

Just when we were finally getting somewhere.... Thanks Dr. Fix.

I've fine with making their ratings just "At least High 7-A, likely 6-C".

Yeah I'm fine with any of these:
- "At least High 7-A, likely 6-C"
- "High 7-A+, likely 6-C"
- "At least High 7-A+, likely 6-C"
- "6-C"

whatever really gets decided on.

Just saying to the admins and moderators, you guys did a great job with the new website (I know it's technically not brand new, but still, y'all made a lot of progress) and I'm excited to see how it turns out in the future.

I was wondering people's top 10s outside of the super high tiers like fleet admirals, admirals, yonko, and those that rival them. It's probably the first commanders then some strong Shichibukai and random individuals, but does anyone have a numbered list of their own?

My suggestion is that we start with the little CRT I've been schemming. It's not a big deal as it only takes into consideration ten characters at most, and we have many calcs in the wiki to work with.

>>After all of the above-mentioned issues have been finished, we can begin with starting new content revision threads again.

Has it all been sorted out already? Seemed like a lot on Ant's plate and the site is currently missing a lot (Discussion rules, character profiles, etc).

Not that I'm not itching to discuss one piece again.

Back