• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact AKM sama if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.

One Piece Chapter 1010: "Haoshoku" (Official Release)

Guys, it's not advanced Haoshoku. Any adept user of Haoshoku has been shown using it offensively. We first saw this with Doflamingo vs Luffy... clash of Haoshoku, and during chapter 782 and 783 they were repeatedly clashing with each other using Haoshoku and Busoshoku.

I guess Kaido acknowledges Doffy as being powerful after all, given his statement of Haoshoku users ;)

I'm still waiting to see with my own eyes that Zoro is using Haoshoku because this has been a gag since Fishman Island and it's intentional.

KingTempest

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Guys, it's not advanced Haoshoku. Any adept user of Haoshoku has been shown using it offensively. We first saw this with Doflamingo vs Luffy... clash of Haoshoku, and during chapter 782 and 783 they were repeatedly clashing with each other using Haoshoku and Busoshoku.
True, but I always thought it was different since in the cases with Shirohige, Roger, and Kaido, the lightning was produced prior to contact.

Looks badass as hell so im super hyped for it but judging from what Luffy says I doubt Kaido is out tho he definitely felt that one.

Ill be curious to see how Kaido handles Asura for Zoro cause it doesn’t mention what it does to Kaido afaik.

But we see the art of Luffy punching Kaido and he doesnt seem to have a big injury, hell something as big as that I feel would have been mentioned.

If Kaido does that then I doubt its on par with Oden since Kaido went down when hit by Odens.
While that's true, let's not forget that Kaido has gotten stronger over the course of those 20 years (by an unknown amount of course, but he has likely gotten stronger), so an attack on Oden's level might have been able to knock him down back then, it's possible it might not do the same damage to him now. Of course we will have to wait for scans to say heads or tails so I'm not gonna keep arguing that Zoro=Oden from just simply spoiler statements, I'm not that desperate.

I definitely dont think Zoro is equal to Oden regardless of what happens in this chapter, while current Kaido is strongest Oden was still abel to defeat him in a 1v1 while Zoro has been doing this in a 2v5.

Last edited:

KingTempest

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Zoro is equal to Zoro
C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Luffy's revelation when being struck by the bat could explain why he was so easily dispatched in their first encounter. Kaido infusing his club with Haoshoku for the "Thunder Bagua", for example. Maybe Yamato did the same to Ulti. Haoshoku by itself would PROBABLY not allow Kaido to take down Luffy back in Kuri. Similarly to Busoshoku, what if you can infuse targets with Haoshoku in order to render them unconscious whether or not they can take the standard shock?

I wish we'd see Haoshoku used in combat more often... and not between two Haoshoku users. Like give me Luffy using a Haoshoku strike on some regular upper-mid tier and see them collapse despite blocking the punch with Busoshoku. THAT would help emphasize how unique and powerful Haoshoku is in comparison to the other types of Haki.

It seems the old theories of Ahsura being Haki is correct.. I feel we need a flashback or reference from Kaido/Big mom to confirm that there was other characters with similar Conquerors

Doubt it, he just gonna say Sanji's hell memories is stronger. Like how last chapter he said Sanji would tank the combo attack form the Yonko.
KoL is one of the handful of One Piece...discussers(?) that is the reason for power-scaling nonsense to be a thing... and also blasphemy like Sanji > x character who is clearly 2-100x times stronger than him.

Edit: Remember when he thought Sanji was gonna have an extended aerial fight with Doffy, and he would also do something to Katakuri? WHY

Last edited:
mwahahah if this is real my theory HH Masters can only be harmed by other HH masters finally proves true :devilish: :love:

Im pretty curious how Oda will handle that confrontation due to the way hes hyoed one of the characters in such a scenario.

KingTempest

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
What'll she do, take her soul back from him?

If she does something else w/ her homies, it'd be wild

I don't get the Oden worship in here. Dude clearly lost, and badly. I mean he got one good shot in when Kaido was being arrogant and making himself a bigger target and then was disadvantaged by a single sneak attack and completely defeated. In terms of Pirate warfare Kaido >> Oden. That's just how it is

Big doubt
That depends on the extent of damage Zoro deals to Kaido.

So far Zoro has feats of reflecting his Dragon Breath, cutting apart his flames, overpowering his tornadoes with his own, cutting Kaido and making him wary of Dragon Blaze, blocking an attack from Kaido and Linlin (albeit only for a second but it's still much better than anything Oden has shown.) and now used his Asura amp.

Safe to say Zoro while going all out >>> Oden.

Also, did Kaido basically show first confirmed usage of all three types of Haki in the same chapter (1009) ? LMAO that is quite something

So reading the Spoilers seems Kaido will be getting some nice Endurance feats this chapter and the next.

Should be pretty interesting.

KingTempest

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
If he makes a flaming storm to cover up Wano's 3900 Kilometer diameter, that'd be PHENOMENAL

That depends on the extent of damage Zoro deals to Kaido.

So far Zoro has feats of reflecting his Dragon Breath, cutting apart his flames, overpowering his tornadoes with his own, cutting Kaido and making him wary of Dragon Blaze, blocking an attack from Kaido and Linlin (albeit only for a second but it's still much better than anything Oden has shown.) and now used his Asura amp.

Safe to say Zoro while going all out >>> Oden.
Zoro unironically has pretty much the same level of feats against Kaido as Oden ... Especially if you consider that current Kaido is likely stronger than when he fought Oden. Zoro and Luffy are the only fighters who have forced Kaido to dodge so far

Raws are out if y’all guys are interested.

Man that ashura scene looks so nice, Scar looks like it damn near doubled too.

KingTempest

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Fucking sweet! Im surprised Kaido took Ashura so well ngl tho Luffy goin in, ill been interested to see what happens next chapter and how damaged Kaido is and such.

I feel like if we were to give Kaido an hp bar, he was likely above the 90% threshold before, but after Zoro's Ashura and Luffy's Zenkai (kek) he's possibly in the sub 80% threshold now, maybe even sub 70% threshold at most.

Damage3245

VS Battles
Sysop
Calculation Group
Let's not forget that Luffy is also using durability negation against Kaido here which alters things.

True but Kaido has been taking Dura Neg pretty well so far, he even took it to the thorat from Law this chapter.

Obviously Kaido will get up and this fight is far from over so depending on how he gets up his endurance could be insane.

KingTempest

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Let's not forget that Luffy is also using durability negation against Kaido here which alters things.
I completely forgot about that

Well, only Luffy's G4th scales in AP.

Should I give Luffy 2 keys? Early raid and late raid?

His Zenkai's are wild, it reminds me of TOP Goku