• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1010: "Haoshoku" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@UchihaSlayer96 - Other than Yonji (who was off-panel'd), Sanji has no legit post ts W. Wadatsumi is the only one he actually finished off, but that was an opponent fighting Jinbe for the vast majority of the time. Sanji just stepped in and stole the W after Jinbe punched a hole through him, doesn't count ;)

Last edited:
So Zoro with Ashura wasn't capable of putting kaido on his knees (something Zoro complains) , while a simple punch from Luffy did It.
Base Luffy without any gears Is already above Ashura Zoro, when using CoC.
Well, at least the legend of Zoro near to Luffy died for ever.

Using CoC Luffy also stopped his Haimei Hakke with one single leg.

I want to see Black Mamba with this new technique, if Kaido passed out momentarily with just a Kong Gatling, how much damage should he take from something of that magnitude?

So Zoro with Ashura wasn't capable of putting kaido on his knees (something Zoro complains) , while a simple punch from Luffy did It.
Zoro still gave Kaido his first permanent scar in 20 years without relying on durability negation (I think), so that's definitely something.

If Kaido fights Luffy evenly when he's using Boundman or Snakeman now, after getting thrashed by base Luffy, then something funky is going on.

Luffy's using Goken + Haoshoku now, but yes, he's above Zoro. I at least never disputed this. However, Zoro's attack did scar Kaido as per his words.

Zoro is closer to Luffy than he ever was prior to acquiring Enma, so idk what you're talking about.

If Kaido fights Luffy evenly when he's using Boundman or Snakeman now, after getting thrashed by base Luffy, then something funky is going on.
Kaido was simply caught off-guard. I do not think Luffy is stronger than Kaido at this point. My bias screams Kaido is still stronger, but after those two blows from base-form Luffy, I'm mildly concerned.

If that did happen then I'd assume the current Kaido was simply taken off guard like in chapter 1000 against Red Roc, or Conqueror's coating isn't effected by previous buffs, I guess.

If that did happen then I'd assume the current Kaido was simply taken off guard like in chapter 1000 against Red Roc, or Conqueror's coating isn't effected by previous buffs, I guess.
We can easily assume Kaido was completely off-guard here when struck by Luffy's two attacks (Probably not actively defending himself with Haki). But of course, typical antagonist troupe will see that Luffy in his Gear 4th forms will allow him to fight evenly with Kaido simply because the latter is being a total fool.

Yeah, I mean let's not kid ourselves.......Luffy won't stomp Kaido in base lol. This was just the result of Kaido heavily underestimating Luffy. It was an extremely hype moment for sure, but I wouldn't expect this to be how the fight plays out moving forward.

Let’s not get carried away guys, Kaido is still known as a monster for a reason. Even WB did not want to go to Wano because he realized the amount of casualties that would come from attacking Kaido. Luffy definitely caught him off guard, but Kaido knows what he is capable of now. It is going to be a good fight.

We make a rule about CRT for the raid. . . the result is overblown PL discussion in the chapter threads ¯\(ツ)

Onto a Review!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A very action packed and enjoyable chapter this week. Even more so for Zoro!stans. Haki of the Supreme King, Asura, Kaido wounded . . . what more can you want from the Pirate Hunter, but that wasn't the best part of the chapter. . . .

Shanks debuted basic HH in the very first chapter of this massive story. Oda waited 1009 chapters to finally give us Advanced version. It was worth the wait :love:

I give credit to Oda for laying out his secrets in plain sight and still duping some readers.

1. He foreshadowed Advanced Hao-Haki (HH) way back when Kaido 1-KO'd Luffy but we didn't beleive it. We argued about whether it was haki clash or his thunder powers, but no one brought up Advanced HH.
  2. He told us Oden was a HH user but never used it in the flashback the way we are used to seeing it. He even made sure Oden got hit by it so he could understand and apply it to foreshadow Luffy's same development.
  3. He showed us Primebeard and Roger using it in their clash but we again attributed this to Adv Armament Haki given what we were recently showed of "Goken". Even though the clouds dispersed we just attributed it to the basic HH.
  4. The clouds always shift after great HH. Kidd and Killer noticed this after Kaido hit Luffy with another HH attack.

Congragulations for making us doubt ourselves and not see what is so obvious Oda Sensei. (y)(y)

This will fundamentally alter the profiles for the better but I will not go into that right now because this thread is already overloaded with PL discussion.

This will fundamentally alter the profiles for the better but I will not go into that right now because this thread is already overloaded with PL discussion.
I guess the topic of Haoshoku will need to be included in the eventual Haki thread... especially now that it's obvious Haoshoku has a combative application (ever since Dressrosa)

Edit: We'll obviously have to decide on how to present Haki on the tier and AP/Dura for the profiles since it can easily become cluttered... particularly for Luffy.

Last edited:
Either that or Zeus is controlling the thunderclouds from a distance.

I'm looking forward to that as I have been keeping track of haki powers that have gone undocumented.
Luffy says that Kaido has the ability to "infuse things with Haoshoku", which is a similar thing we've seen with Busoshoku... First thing that came to my mind is the fact that Luffy says this phrase specifically before using "Emission" + Haoshoku at the same time. Seems to be that we're finally given more proof why Haki is referred to as "different shades" or "colors". If we think of it as a color-wheel, Luffy's stacking one "color" of Haoshoku over one of Busoshoku, making a more powerful ability than simply using Busoshoku--making another "color".
  • Basically, Luffy infusing his "Busoshoku emission" with Haoshoku, making something new/stronger.
  • It's different from what we've seen from Luffy/Doffy in the past. They were each using Hardening while also sending out Haoshoku shockwaves. It did not really seem like they were combining the two, just using them separately. "two separate colors of Haki" vs "two combined colors of Haki" maybe.
Perhaps Kaido only acknowledges those who can use the ability as being capable of fighting on par with him, so Roger/Whitebeard (we see them do this), Rocks, Shanks, Oden, and possibly Big Mom and any other Haoshoku user who has the ability to use this power.

Makes me wonder about the number of combinations of Haki that could be revealed... Maybe there is a Kenbunshoku + Haoshoku combination that allows the user to directly manipulate the emotions of strong-willed individuals to gradually render them docile the longer they remain in their range while also being able to manipulate their intentions while simultaneously being able to sense them. That'd be broken. Imagine Shanks doing this.

Based on current showings, I still think that Katakuri will beat Kidd in a fight for some reason...Kidd has not really been impressive so far since all he did was damage Dragon form Kaido once or twice(even then it is just trying to damage Kaido internally )by crushing him using metal fists(you think he can even touch Katakuri with those?), tank a regular punch from big mom (no name attack) and send Big mom floating using his magnetic power, that's it. He has yet to show any advanced form of Haki and speed so far to be able to even compete with Katakuri.

Kidd hitting Kaido is not a speed feat btw since that was Dragon form Kaido which we know can't really dodge anything due to his immense size, and also because Kaido's habit of tanking everything instead of even trying to dodge them.

Maybe there is a Kenbunshoku + Haoshoku combination that allows the user to directly manipulate the emotions of strong-willed individuals to gradually render them docile the longer they remain in their range while also being able to manipulate their intentions while simultaneously being able to sense them. That'd be broken. Imagine Shanks doing this.
As much as I absolutely friggin LOVE this idea, I think Kaido would've tried it on Kid and Luffy back when he was still interested in breaking their spirits if he had such a convenient method.

UNLESS...........having Haoshoku gives you a special resistance to this variation, which would be broken too.

From current showings , personally I feel that these are the RT5 current tiers:

Luffy (upon awakening Coated Haoshoku) - Admiral Tier, should be able to fight a Kaido that has taken a lot of damage akin to Akainu puting up a good fight vs old and sick WB.

Zoro - YC1 Tier stll not yet Admiral imo because sure,although he certainly has Admiral Tier or even near Yonko Tier AP thanks to Enma and Ashura, but his durability still seems YC1 Tier to me due to tanking the combined attack momentarily that almost killed him, and getting one-shotted by Thunder Bagua ( sounds familiar?) If Zoro is Admiral Tier he should be able to tank more hits imo. I imagine Zoro being a YC1 that now specializes in deadly AP, Armament Haki and some subconscious coated Haoshoku strikes, but lacks in CoO and versatility.

Kidd - Yonko Commander tier by injuring Big Mom's Sweet commander and by being able to tank a regular non Haki punch from Big Mom (reminds me of Queen), he lacks in AP though since he had to damage dragon kaido via Dura Negation and even then the hit is simply trying to crush him, which means the damage is nothing compared to say Ryou G4 attacks, Zoro Dragon twister, Ashura and Haoshoku punches. He also seems to have mediocre Haki for now.

Killer - Yonko Commander by being weaker than Kidd.

Law - I might put him at near YC1 tier rn simply because he has improved tremendously in using his DF compared to back in Dressrosa which includes faster Shambles, new armor that tanked a hit from Kaido, waaaayyy better stamina ( being able to use Gamma knife several times instead of it being a Final strike that sends his mana to 0, maintaining Room for much longer than in Dressrosa), he is very versatile and plays a more supportive role in the fight instead of fighintg the Yonkos head on, hence why I place him slightly below Zoro for now.

So from what we see, it takes 1 Admiral + a few Yonko Commanders to take down 2 Yonkos, certainly interesting.

Last edited:
I feel like you're understimating Kidd. There is a reason why he's the one fightning Big Mom, while Luffy Is taking on Kaido.
Until I see him actually exhibiting strong Haki/ tanking strong attacks from Big mom / being able to damage her/ show some Admiral Tier feats, I will continue to place him at a low pedestal for now.

So do you think that Trafalgar Law will help Eustace Kidd with his fight? It seems like Big Mom would win too easily otherwise.

Honestly I doubt it. Law's already super injured, and most of his techniques won't even work on her because of superior Haki.

Kidd might pop out with a new ability. Maybe Busoshoku or awakened DF or something, but I agree, BM would seemingly beat current Kidd.

Now that the battle applications of HH have been exposed I wager there is a chance Kidd the Conqueror can actually hurt her

Until I see him actually exhibiting strong Haki/ tanking strong attacks from Big mom / being able to damage her/ show some Admiral Tier feats, I will continue to place him at a low pedestal for now.
Well, Big Mom and Kaido are admiral level so kid being commander level isn't that far, a simple mid-fight power up should be enough to fight on par with Linlin.

Found this in the databook.
Screen_Shot_2021-04-14_at_11.39.52_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2021-04-15_at_11.22.01_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2021-04-15_at_1.41.04_AM.png
Screen_Shot_2021-04-15_at_11.22.10_AM.png

Haki > DFs again

Well, Big Mom and Kaido are admiral level so kid being commander level isn't that far, a simple mid-fight power up should be enough to fight on par with Linlin.
I am of believe that Yonko > Admiral. So I don't really see it that way...unless Kidd somehow unlocks some asspull that makes him Admiral level, then him being Admiral level + if Killer unlocks something to make him 1st YC level, then the Admiral + YC1 duo might stand a chance, else Big mom would destroy both of em.

Or

Hawkins, Drake and Apoo join the fight vs Big Mom too, then it becomes a 5v1 against Big mom, that will make much more sense.

Last edited:
I am of believe that Yonko > Admiral.
Well, or profiles currently have Akainu, BM, Kaido and others in the exact same spot (21 teratons, something like that), and even tho i have some problems with the current scaling, i don't really think anything in the canon proofs that the Yonkou > Original Admirals.

Last edited:
Well, or profiles currently have Akainu, BM, Kaido and others in the exact same spot (21 teratons, something like that), and even tho i have some problems with the current scaling, i don't really think anything in the canon proofs at the Yonkou > Original Admirals.
BM Kaido > 26 TT
Akainu > 14 TT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back