• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1010: "Haoshoku" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah their base forms are 14 TT then with homies and hybrid they are 26 TT.
This isn't official, it's in my sandbox.
What? I thought we agreed to downgrade them to >Teach instead of =Newgate.
That's what I wanted to pull off, but people had their issues.
No, actually, i just don't understand the 6B scaling chain anymore.
26 TT
Every Yonko, those who scale.

14 TT
Red Yellow Blue Admirals, Marco, Rayleigh, those who scale

Found this in the databook.
Screen_Shot_2021-04-14_at_11.39.52_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2021-04-15_at_11.22.01_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2021-04-15_at_1.41.04_AM.png
Screen_Shot_2021-04-15_at_11.22.10_AM.png

Haki > DFs again
I have actually been looking for this info due to a thread a long time ago where I was talking about how Haki can negate DF attacks, therefore scaling durability from a Haki block to a DF attack would be unreliable, and few agreed with me despite like 3 character quotes being brought up, smh.

This isn't official, it's in my sandbox.

That's what I wanted to pull off, but people had their issues.

26 TT
Every Yonko, those who scale.

14 TT
Red Yellow Blue Admirals, Marco, Rayleigh, those who scale
Oh, right, just to clarify, i was not previously trying to have Kaido's base scale to WB (thus having his Zoan forms scale above him), just more like:

Zoan form Kaido = 26 TT while Base form is simply <26TT but by an undetermined amount.

Oh, right, just to clarify, i was not previously trying to have Kaido's base scale to WB (thus having his Zoan forms scale above him), just more like:

Zoan form Kaido = 26 TT while Base form is simply <26TT but by an undetermined amount.
This is fair and it makes complete sense, and I apologize for misinterpreting you earlier

I don't think Haki is better than DFs outright. Adept or proficient users can obviously defeat your typical Devil Fruit user, but we have to keep in mind that there are ways a Devil Fruit user can work around Haki... at least defensively. We've seen Luffy harmonize his Elasticity w/ his Armament, allowing him to maintain his elasticity against Haki strikes, so imagine someone like Aokiji or Akainu having this type of ability in their arsenal (it's implied--or they've been doing the same thing as Katakuri). We also know Haki doesn't guarantee protection against a DF user's attacks, Vergo being helpless, and Doflamingo still taking slight affects from Law's power (despite no stated or shown use of Haki from Law's side)

Since we're being given an idea of Haki being able to weaken other targets (via Goken), it's also likely that a DF user can use Haki in an offensive manner to completely bypass the Haki protection of a target, allowing their power to work whether or not Haki is involved.

Right now, we have Luffy utilizing an advanced application of Busoshoku (assuming we're not jumping to conclusions about the emission being advanced) and combining that with a combative form of Haoshoku. Even those two combined wont convince me that he would easily defeat a competent Haki user who has mastered their Devil Fruit (Katakuri/Doffy/Maybe Cracker would still pose a threat imho).

I can't wait to see Luffy Awaken his Devil Fruit. He'll be broken since he's already learned how to harmonize Busoshoku with his DF power... now imagine him implementing Awakening + Haoshoku into that.

If Kidd awakens his devil fruit, the possibilities are endless. Awakened Magnetism powers could potentially have planetary effects
Hopefully he do that in Wano and Oda doesn’t save that for later on.

I never liked Kid but man does he need some shine, he better pull out some live stuff out against BM. If he hop in a mf toy robot again and do the same weak ass shit he did against Kaido, I’m a full on Kid hater.

I do not get this at all. Factually Kaido's Zoan form is if anything weaker than his base.

I do not get this at all. Factually Kaido's Zoan form is if anything weaker than his base.
While this is a solid theory, and can be somewhat proven (especially when we see events of Zoan forms DECREASING effectiveness in combat in some way), I would hold off on that until we have concrete evidence that Base Kaido > Hybrid/Full Zoan Kaido. Most cases show that the Zoan form is simply stronger than Base.

It's why I'd prefer we simply have Kaido listed as "6-B, higher with Haki" unlike other Zoan profiles where we would have them look something similar to "X tier, higher with Zoan transformations and Haki".

I at least have not seen any statement in canon or databook that has suggested that Kaido is stronger in his Base form vs his Zoan forms (also he took damage from a Gear 3rd attack before he tanked Gear 4th--likely with Haki, which is going to get confusing since we don't see Kaido's "Haoshoku coating"...)

While this is a solid theory, and can be somewhat proven (especially when we see events of Zoan forms DECREASING effectiveness in combat in some way), I would hold off on that until we have concrete evidence that Base Kaido > Hybrid/Full Zoan Kaido. Most cases show that the Zoan form is simply stronger than Base.

It's why I'd prefer we simply have Kaido listed as "6-B, higher with Haki" unlike other Zoan profiles where we would have them look something similar to "X tier, higher with Zoan transformations and Haki".

I at least have not seen any statement in canon or databook that has suggested that Kaido is stronger in his Base form vs his Zoan forms (also he took damage from a Gear 3rd attack before he tanked Gear 4th--likely with Haki, which is going to get confusing since we don't see Kaido's "Haoshoku coating"...)
I am not arguing for Base Kaido>Zoan Kaido. I am pointing out base Kaido<Zoan Kaido is an assumption based on other characters and should not apply to him, especially with how his feats have been potrayed. Both can probably get the same rating when the time comes.

If anything Kaido should get a downgrade Yea que the hate I know. List him as at least High 7-A, 6-B with HH. Unless of course we decide to give him and others invulnerability with HH, then that would be treated as hax and might reject 6-B as an outlier altogether.

I am not arguing for Base Kaido>Zoan Kaido. I am pointing out base Kaido<Zoan Kaido is an assumption based on other characters and should not apply to him, especially with how his feats have been potrayed. Both can probably get the same rating when the time comes.

If anything Kaido should get a downgrade Yea que the hate I know. List him as at least High 7-A, 6-B with HH. Unless of course we decide to give him and others invulnerability with HH, then that would be treated as hax and might reject 6-B as an outlier altogether.
this is the only form of social media I have right now and the amount of brain cells I lost after reading this is unreal... Don't understand why one version of kaido would be SOOOOO much fking stronger than normal kaido...

So Kaido is getting 1-shot and turned into dust by BB without HH.... laughable.

To be fair, BB's one major 6-B feat so far has been tilting the environment; not directing attacking an opponent with it.

To be fair, BB's one major 6-B feat so far has been tilting the environment; not directing attacking an opponent with it.
Point still stands tho, Teach has 6-B striking strength. To say Kaido needs to use HH (or even haki in general) to survive 1 hit from Teach is just wrong.

Question, Newgate+Gura Gura is =26, so Newgate without Gura Gura is <26 in the scaling chain, right? So, wouldn't all Yonkou be <26 by default, since they aren't as strong as Newgate?

Or they are equal to Newgate+Gura Gura? Iirc Akainu could block an attack with Gura Gura (it was targeted at fodder tho, so maybe it does not mean anything).

IMO, treating the Gura Gura as Environmental Destruction never did and will never make any sense, but rating Newgate as "6C, 6B with Gura Gura" wouldn't be bad.

Anyway, close this thread? Everything about the chapter has already been said.

Last edited:
I wouldn't close this thread until the next chapter spoilers. It's better to keep this thread open to discussing the series instead of closing it and opening a random thread with no particular purpose... at least imo.

IMO, treating the Gura Gura as Environmental Destruction never did and will never make any sense, but rating Newgate as "6C, 6B with Gura Gura" wouldn't be bad.

Anyway, close this thread? Everything about the chapter has already been said.
His physicals have been shown to = his gura gura. I wouldn’t agree with this at all.

His physicals have been shown to = his gura gura. I wouldn’t agree with this at all.
Pretty sure he was using haki in all possible feats you are talking about, which would also be included in the 6B side (but that's Cameron's area, i don't know much about the "haki ratings").

Pretty sure he was using haki in all possible feats you are talking about, which would also be included in the 6B side (but that's Cameron's area, i don't know much about the "haki ratings").
I think it would apply, in his AP and dura, but since both of them are equal, leaving a simple "6-B" is more than fine, since we have literal NO 6-C feat, and yeah I can't blame you for that it's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back